Grade Season 6 As A Whole And Discuss Why.

Discuss season 6 as it airs in the U.S. and Canada. NO SPOILERS IN THIS FORUM.

Grade Season 6 As A Whole And Discuss Why.

Supernatural_Fan_1983
Advanced Member

21 May 2011, 03:48 #1

What grade would you give Season 6 as a whole?

Total votes: 63
14(22%)
26(41%)
13(21%)
6(10%)
4(6%)

What would you give Season 6 as a whole for a grade? Grade it and tell us why!

Tricky_615
Woman in White
Tricky_615
Woman in White

21 May 2011, 04:08 #2

for me it was an easy A. i have loved season six and have watched them all at least 10 times each. except for these 2 aired tonight, and i am just waiting on Itunes to deliver. i have loved the stories for all the main characters individually and as a group. i just love the winchesters and i am on this ride where ever their story might take me. the only sadness in me is for dean at this point. he really deserves something more than the life he has, and he wants so much more so badly. it just kills me to see him robbed of it time and again. and i am worried sick about the condition that sam is in, which is really uncertain at this point. i am worried about this crap with castiel. i mean what if these monster souls are polluting him and he ends up wanting to bring lucifer and micheal back out???

and last but never least. the impala. in the middle of all that is going on, how in the hell is dean gonna have time to fix her?

this is the biggest cluster**** of trouble i could have imagined. and of course it is all on dean, sam, and bobby to clean up, without the help now of what was their most powerful ally..... i just do not know. i do not think i will get a wink of sleep tonite. i am always too wound up after a new episode airs, but this? oh my gosh!

~NOW & ALWAYS A WINCHESTER GIRL~

thanks to red canary for the avatar and ?? for the banner of sexiness.

<span style='font-family:Impact'>DEAN WINCHESTER, MY M.O.A.
</span>

Celticwench
Woman in White
Celticwench
Woman in White

21 May 2011, 19:06 #3

I wish I could give an A here....Season 2 and 4 were....but 6?
Well... :blink:

hobbleit
Highway Ghost
hobbleit
Highway Ghost

21 May 2011, 19:25 #4

I've given it a D. Some promising episodes but on the whole disappointing.
<center>

2009 best artist and most contributed member
Fanart</center>

Claire39
Woman in White
Claire39
Woman in White

21 May 2011, 19:39 #5

I;m afraid I gave it a D because for me it only picked up half way through the season!

I didn't like Robo Sam! For me that spoiled the first half of the season (remember it's just my opinion!)
I'm really glad we've got the real Sam back now and the brotherly moments are coming back!

MapleMaster
Advanced Member
MapleMaster
Advanced Member

22 May 2011, 04:01 #6

I gave it a B. I was honestly afraid I was falling out of love with the series for a while there. It had the worst season opener since The Magnificent Seven for me. I spent four episodes thinking they had just lost the ability to write Sam well, or Jared Padalecki had stopped caring. Then another three watching Sam try to act like he still had a conscience, which I found a bit dull, myself. For the vast majority of the season it seemed like they had a bunch of unconnected storylines going on with no real direction. They were even seemingly resolving themselves just as they began to become clear and interesting (Soulless Sam/Crowley's Purgatory Hunt, in particular)
Throughout all this, I did find a good amount of enjoyable episodes, but I hated the way the season's arc was being handled.

But then...

The second half of the season came. Sam was back, and you really do appreciate the water after a little dehydration. Crowley was awesome. I began to care about Lisa and Ben. The Mother of All was introduced. Plotlines converged in the most brilliant of manners. All this lets me look back to the first half of the season with more appreciation, because I know what it all means now.
And of course, there's the finale. I think Swan Song will remain my favorite finale on the grounds of being the only story to ever make me cry, but this finale almost had the honor of being the first story to make me crap myself.

And, so the B is given for being a great and satisfying puzzle that just took a little too long to get put together.

Sunny33
Bloody Mary
Sunny33
Bloody Mary

22 May 2011, 06:09 #7

I gave it a C. I'm either growing out of show, or show is not written as sharply as it used to be.
While I enjoyed the Sam -lost-soul storyline, it did dent my enjoyment of the bro mance that I love about SN.

Also, I'm getting tired of the writers cramming all the goodies into the last three eps of a season. I dunno, but S6 seemed to highlight that habit in particular.

Show still owns me though. :D

Scanilla
Advanced Member
Scanilla
Advanced Member

22 May 2011, 19:42 #8

Sunny33 @ May 22 2011, 06:09 AM wrote: I gave it a C. I'm either growing out of show, or show is not written as sharply as it used to be.
For me, at least, it's the latter. The arc was allover the place and a lot of it was either poorly developed or happened off screen. That's very disappointing considering how great the story telling has been on the show. On the other hand, there were some very inspiring episodes. So I gave it a C, too, but I could've given it a lower grade as well.

Crowley_Gal
Demon Hunter
Crowley_Gal
Demon Hunter

25 May 2011, 13:46 #9

I gave it an F.

There are a few episodes that I enjoyed but the season as a whole was a big disappointment.

It was full of dropped and pointless storyline that went no where.

Episodes 15-20 reminded me of the show I fell in love with the the rest of the season confusing and nothing seemed to connect.

It was almost as if each writer had their own agenda and nothing worked in harmony.

Number 1 Crowley fan.
Banners by hobbleit and Castiel's Gal. Thanks

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

25 May 2011, 15:33 #10

Dammit, I did the poll wrong. I thought five was the best so I gave it a four but now as reading the comments I see 1 is the best. If that's the case I'd have to switch it to three. Some of the episodes rocked but others I lost interest in. There was a majority of episodes I loved, same as storylines. One storyline I really disliked was the Lisa and Ben one because every time they came on the screen it always felt like they're rubbing it in his face that he can't have a family, outside of Sam and Bobby. Lisa always told Dean the same thing in every episode and it got old real fast. Not to mention, that was thrown int every storyline on the show. There was too many storylines. Soulless Sam, Eve, Purgatory, Crowley, Samuel, The Campbells and the Civil War. Even though the writers did a good job bring these storylines together, It was still just too much. If i had to rate it by action then it'd get a two.
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

Amyj
Shtriga
Amyj
Shtriga

25 May 2011, 16:35 #11

Scanilla @ May 22 2011, 07:42 PM wrote:
Sunny33 @ May 22 2011, 06:09 AM wrote: I gave it a C.&nbsp; I'm either growing out of show, or show is not written as sharply as it used to be.
For me, at least, it's the latter. The arc was allover the place and a lot of it was either poorly developed or happened off screen. That's very disappointing considering how great the story telling has been on the show. On the other hand, there were some very inspiring episodes. So I gave it a C, too, but I could've given it a lower grade as well.
This exactly

Credit for this gorgeous sig goes to XLOZX!!

Cocogurl
Woman in White
Cocogurl
Woman in White

27 May 2011, 06:22 #12

I give this season a B. While I felt that this season was much less focused than previous seasons (I think the writers need to sit down and come with a clear, new storyline for the boys), but I still found this season to be very entertaining. The acting, I feel, gets better every season. Jared and Jensen really know how to bring the storylines to life. So overall, I think it was still a pretty good season.

kiwijenjarefan
Ghostly Mental Patient
kiwijenjarefan
Ghostly Mental Patient

27 May 2011, 06:39 #13

Amyj @ May 25 2011, 04:35 PM wrote:
Scanilla @ May 22 2011, 07:42 PM wrote:
Sunny33 @ May 22 2011, 06:09 AM wrote: I gave it a C.  I'm either growing out of show, or show is not written as sharply as it used to be.
This exactly
Ditto.

Celticwench
Woman in White
Celticwench
Woman in White

27 May 2011, 22:20 #14

The problem with this season is that it was missing its heart and soul.
Please see my thread "Afraid of tears?"...for more explanation...

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

27 May 2011, 22:34 #15

I give it a 'B'. I actually felt the beginning was too slow paced and that the ending was then very fast. But overall, I enjoyed more than I disliked. It was a hard job to re-set the show but I think they achieved it.

We have Sam and Dean back together again and on the same page. Yes, Castiel went bad in the end, but I honestly didn't mind as I thought the way they began to phase out the Heaven and Hell storyline that has been predominant was done well. To drop it entirely would have left us hanging. This way, they can slowly phase out the story line and you at least know what happened.

I did feel they left Sam soul-less a little too long. After the first couple of episodes I think we got it. They did manage to tie everything together in the end and I think have left us in a good place to start S7. This was a transition season, so I'm willing to overlook the few bumps we had on the way. So overall, I enjoyed S6 and have re-watched many of the episodes more than once.

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!

Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th