DEAN'S SPOILER THREAD

Talk About the cheeky ghost hunter here!

DEAN'S SPOILER THREAD

hermitme
Posts 0
hermitme

27 May 2008, 19:07 #1

Spoilers Thread for Season 4 is now up

yasmin
Advanced Member
yasmin
Advanced Member

27 May 2008, 19:11 #2

Snagged from the Sam Spoiler Thread (courtesy of Peregrin93):
From the print version of TV Guide:

Dean actually got sent to Hell in SN.  Why?  And will he turn demon?
Creator Eric Kripke says; Everyone expected Dean to be saved in the end.  That's exactly why we had to go to Hell-to defy viewer expectations.  How Dean gets out of Hell becomes the PRIMARY CONCERN FOR SEASON 4.  He'll spend a long time there and he emerges to a different landscape.  A lot has changed since he's been away, and he'll have to readjust to his loved ones.  His relationship with Sam will be massively affected.  We don't feel that Dean is going to be a demon but there will be an ongoing mystery.  Just what happened to Dean in hell?  He has little recollection.  Slowly and surely , we'll unfold that story.

Anarose
Wendigo
Anarose
Wendigo

27 May 2008, 19:13 #3

It's a Hell of a lot better than "Dean has sex, eats cheeseburgers, and tries to get out of hunting"!

As I said in the other spoiler thread, I'm extremely excited for this. The PTSD from Hell, remembering in bits and pieces, and trying to adjust to a changed world has a lot of potential, and after so many years of nothing mytharc-y for the boy, I'm so grateful that we finally have a mystery to speculate about where Dean's concerned. :)

Sherbear
Wendigo

27 May 2008, 19:13 #4

Thanks Hermitme. :D
From the print version of TV Guide:

Dean actually got sent to Hell in SN. Why? And will he turn demon?
Creator Eric Kripke says; Everyone expected Dean to be saved in the end. That's exactly why we had to go to Hell-to defy viewer expectations. How Dean gets out of Hell becomes the PRIMARY CONCERN FOR SEASON 4. He'll spend a long time there and he emerges to a different landscape. A lot has changed since he's been away, and he'll have to readjust to his loved ones. His relationship with Sam will be massively affected. We don't feel that Dean is going to be a demon but there will be an ongoing mystery. Just what happened to Dean in hell? He has little recollection. Slowly and surely, we'll unfold that story.
This spoiler makes me so excited for season 4 to start, I can't wait. ;) Dean's not going to be a demon. Thank you EK!.

I'm thinking Dean gets myself out of hell and that could the big mystery, next question is how did he?
I'm not a Bi-Bro Fan deal with it!

Dreamboat
Wendigo

27 May 2008, 19:17 #5

It's a Hell of a lot better than "Dean has sex, eats cheeseburgers, and tries to get out of hunting"!
I remember that made me feel only dread and depression. Now it`s the anti-feeling of that.

As I said in the other spoiler thread, I'm extremely excited for this. The PTSD from Hell, remembering in bits and pieces, and trying to adjust to a changed world has a lot of potential, and after so many years of nothing mytharc-y for the boy, I'm so grateful that we finally have a mystery to speculate about where Dean's concerned.
ITA. I`m giddy with excitement at the moment. Haven`t really had this vibe since Season 1.

hermitme
Posts 0
hermitme

27 May 2008, 19:52 #6

Anarose @ May 27 2008, 07:13 PM wrote: It's a Hell of a lot better than "Dean has sex, eats cheeseburgers, and tries to get out of hunting"!

As I said in the other spoiler thread, I'm extremely excited for this. The PTSD from Hell, remembering in bits and pieces, and trying to adjust to a changed world has a lot of potential, and after so many years of nothing mytharc-y for the boy, I'm so grateful that we finally have a mystery to speculate about where Dean's concerned. :)
I'm excited too. I'm hoping Dean will have some intel from hell, knowledge about things that he and Sam have no way of knowing how Dean knows that. I'm also hoping that the seeing demons ability came back with him.

I'm cautiously excited that this season will have a more balanced mytharc involving both boys and in the end, their separate mysteries will, as Kripke noted once, dovetail into one main mystery that involves both brothers.
Dreamboat wrote:ITA. I`m giddy with excitement at the moment. Haven`t really had this vibe since Season 1.
Me neither :D I'm actually looking forward to season 4. I was dreading season 3 and for good reason. But now, I'm excited about the new season and where the potential storylines will actually take both boys, instead of just Sam.

Swordstress
Vampire

27 May 2008, 19:59 #7

Terrific. And I thought I couldn't get any more excited for S4. Kripke! You're a madman! And thank you for all the wonderful stories. :)

Signature by: Nicole and Dean's_Gal

betinedemon
Wendigo

27 May 2008, 19:59 #8

Some people might be upset that Kripke said how Dean got out of hell will be the PRIMARY CONCERN. Just saying...lol

IMO, I love that this is the direction that they're taking with Dean whether it's the primary concern or not. I want him to be affected by his whole HELL-ish experience when he comes back.

KatieloveDean
Fire Demon

27 May 2008, 20:34 #9

One thing I am concerned about is the time changing too fast and it being too unreconizable. I hope this is not years into the future or something. I do not want the bond between Dean and Sam ruined.
I will be increadably upset and dissapointed if they go the brainwashed or mind controll route because it makes Dean basically a pupet and without his own desitions. I hope that does not happen.

I wonder if Mary and this new breed of supernatural beings is connected to Dean getting out of hell.
So, they're saying he remembers "little", but not "nothing". And if they're going to figure out what's going on with him, there has to be an impetus for that, right? Otherwise, they just assume torture and be GRATEFUL he doesn't remember. :P My hope, and my guess, is that Dean comes back with intel, with skills or something, that show up at various times. He doesn't know why, and they figure he learned things while in Hell, so they're now pressing to dig into those memories and figure out how, and from where, these things are coming. And if he knows anything further. And with that, they'll start to unlock the memories of what happened, which he's probably repressed for very good reasons, and this will probably help us move the demon war plot forward in some way.

I like that he has temporary memory loss, because if he'd remembered everything all at once, I'd expect him to be irreversibly insane. Anything else wouldn't be realistic to me, because it's Hell. So, by Dean getting his memories back slowly and surely, we get little pieces of the trauma and experience over time, and we get to watch OUR Dean react to them and internalize them and turn them into strength. Man. I'm all for this. Bring it on, Kripke!
This however sounds cool and this spoiler has me more intreaged then the last one.

I read this spoiler on another thread and I am not sure if it is legit or people making up crap but this would be awful.
My friends and i have been hearing on the internet and message boards that a female character will be introduced in the first few episodes of the new season and that it'll turn out she's Dean's wife.

I don't know if it's true or a rumour but it could be cool if the character is writen properly unlike Jo and Bela who weren't handled well.
Please tell me this is a lie Kripke could not go this route again would he?

Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter
Angel325girl
Seasoned Hunter

27 May 2008, 20:45 #10

^What on earth would Dean have a wife for? We already saw his one night stand with Lisa and his (I guess) son. He does not have a wife. If that's true I'll....I don't really know what I'll do.....so it better just be some people messing around and saying stuff so people think it's real.

I also find this hard to believe because Dean is not the settle down type, and he'll never make a commitment, esp that huge. He didn't even settle down with Lisa or Ben.

Inless it was one drunk night, but I'm positive that Dean would never ever get married. Kripke would never think of doing that, inless it was a dream world where the demon is making Dean think he has a normal life but actually doesn't.
Under The Dome Meets Supernatural! What all can happen in one dome? Or as Roy may call it. Inside The Magic Circle? No one like a smartypants Roy

Never Forget

by HighVoltagerock

KatieloveDean
Fire Demon

27 May 2008, 20:54 #11

My biggest worry besides Dean being corupted or brainwashed which please god No is how will Dean get back into his body? It sounds like time passes on earth as well as in hell and that would mean Dean's body would be burned or barried or something so how can that work?

Also that summery implies to me that at some point Sam stops trying to save Dean.That to me would be a sickning thought. I would never buy that Sam would give up and leave Dean in hell for him. Dean would have never given up on Sam and I am not likeing that they make it seem Sam just gives up.

If he starts up the first episode months later and Dean is already out of hell, fine. But his saying he's going to be there a while - not the first time he's said it, and that the focus of S4 will be how to get him OUT, screams the Sam and Ruby show to me. I really, really do not want any episodes where it's just Sam. I love him, but that's not the show I want to watch. Ditto Dean out of hell on one side of the country and Sam and Ruby on the other and we get back and forth shot. No thanks. It's Sam AND Dean for me or nothing.
This is what I dread. Episodes and Episodes without Dean while Sam/Ruby are featured. That would just suck so hard. I hope Dean is back in the premire I have my doubts.

hermitme
Posts 0
hermitme

27 May 2008, 21:12 #12

katieluvdean @ May 27 2008, 08:54 PM wrote: Also that summery implies to me that at some point Sam stops trying to save Dean.That to me would be a sickning thought. I would never buy that Sam would give up and leave Dean in hell for him. Dean would have never given up on Sam and I am not likeing that they make it seem Sam just gives up.
I don't think Sam gives up on Dean, I think that while time is passing, and no doubt Sam is probably still looking for a way to get Dean out, Dean just is out. How he got out will be a mystery, but I don't feel it has to do with Sam giving up.

As for the topic of Dean out of hell being the Primary Concern, I think that goes way the same way as Sam going evil, or Mary's secrets. It will be part of the main storyline now, where it's a mystery about how Dean got out, but it's not going to overshadow the rest of the stories, being Sam's powers, Sam's involvement with Ruby, Sam's connection with Mary's secrets and and on and on. I'm pretty sure the main focus will remain about Sam and his destiny. It' s just that now, there's another wrench thrown in and Dean is part of it. Which, to me, makes better sense then it being strictly about Sam.

If the stories are going to move forward, both boys need to be involved. That's what Kripke is doing, involving Dean into the main arc so that the story of Sam's destiny can finally move forward at a more steady pace.

KatieloveDean
Fire Demon

27 May 2008, 21:15 #13

don't think Sam gives up on Dean, I think that while time is passing, and no doubt Sam is probably still looking for a way to get Dean out, Dean just is out. How he got out will be a mystery, but I don't feel it has to do with Sam giving up.
I sure hope so because for me it does a real disservce to Sam to Sam's character to imply he just gave up and moved on and I would have trouble beliveing it. Showing Sam frantically looking and trying every way to save Dean and Dean just getting out at least show that Sam never gave up on Dean and was trying.

I think this story has alot of potential for Sam and esp Dean and I hope it can do better at showing the balance between boys guys. I am cetrianly more excited by these spoilers then I have been about any Dean sl since the stuff with Tessa and of course that was dropped. Jensen is just going to act the crap out this.

VANSTREETGIRL311
Posts 0
VANSTREETGIRL311

27 May 2008, 21:15 #14

like i said in other places this sounds way cooler then stuff writen before

Swordstress
Vampire

27 May 2008, 21:16 #15

hermitme @ May 27 2008, 09:12 PM wrote: I don't think Sam gives up on Dean, I think that while time is passing, and no doubt Sam is probably still looking for a way to get Dean out, Dean just is out.  How he got out will be a mystery, but I don't feel it has to do with Sam giving up.
I agree; Sam isn't going to give up on bringing Dean back. But Lilith is surely going to be more intent on trying to kill Sam, especially since she's found out it's not going to be as easy as she thought. So it sounds as though Sam and Bobby are going to be trying to release Dean from hell while attempting to stay out of Lilith's bulls-eye.
hermitme wrote:As for the topic of Dean out of hell being the Primary Concern, I think that goes way the same way as Sam going evil, or Mary's secrets.  It will be part of the main storyline now, where it's a mystery about how Dean got out, but it's not going to overshadow the rest of the stories, being Sam's powers, Sam's involvement with Ruby, Sam's connection with Mary's secrets and and on and on. I'm pretty sure the main focus will remain about Sam and his destiny. It' s just that now, there's another wrench thrown in and Dean is part of it.  Which, to me, makes better sense then it being strictly about Sam.
Sounds like the new season may start sometime after the finale, not right after, like the previous two seasons.
I think Sam might bury Dean, but if he's still trying to get him released, this doesn't make sense. ARRggghh! :bang
Kripke said S4 was going to be more about the brothers' relationship and less about the big war. This sounds like dealing with Mary and how that knowledge affects the guys rather than so much about Lilith.
hermitme wrote: If the stories are going to move forward, both boys need to be involved.   That's what Kripke is doing, involving Dean into the main arc so that the story of Sam's destiny can finally move forward at a more steady pace.
Mary is relevant to both boys, not just Sam. So syncing up the stories to bring Dean into that arc as more than just Sam's brother sounds like a good idea.

Signature by: Nicole and Dean's_Gal