CW Shows

Talk about any news relating to Supernatural here

CW Shows

Freyja
Vampire

14 Mar 2007, 02:47 #1

I figured here we could discuss all the pilots The CW has picked up.. Instead of in different threads...

Kinda like the Ratings Thread and just keep all Pilot discussion talk here?

Mods if this needs to be moved feel free. Or if it can be pinned under the Ratings Thread :) That would be great too..

Here is what we have so far: From our good friend Travis at Pifeedback :)

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 010293/p/1

Titles of everything picked up, with loglines.

COMEDIES

DASH 4 CASH
Behind the scenes of a cross-country race.

EIGHT DAYS A WEEK
Four assistants, each working for a different "mover and shaker" in their respective industry, share an apartment in New York.

HELL ON EARTH
Centers on a snobby high school girl who gets a second chance on earth after being killed by a bus and sent to purgatory.

RANDI SINGER PROJECT (AKA MILF & COOKIES)
Revolves around a group of single moms in an apartment complex.

DRAMAS

BARNES
Contemporary take on the 80s adventure drama, THE A TEAM.

GOSSIP GIRL
Based on the best selling book about a rivalry between two ultra-rich girls on Manhattan's Upper East Side that heats up when the bitter rival of Blair Waldorf gets kicked out of boarding school and returns to Blair's private school.

GRAVITY
An ensemble procedural about rookie cops and their training officers.

I AM PAIGE ARMSTRONG (FKA CAPITOL CITIES)
Centers on Paige Armstrong, a young congressional staffer in her first year on Capitol Hill.

REAPER
Drama about a twenty-one year old who becomes the devil’s bounty hunter and retrieves souls who escape from Hell.

SPELLBOUND
A dramedy about a young woman in NYC helps people with their lives using a little witchcraft.

WILD AT HEART
Centers on a suburban vet and his family who leave the UK and decide to re-invent their lives on a game park in the heart of Africa.

Note: None of the Comedies have been cast at all according to Futon Critic...

Gravity- Has been Pushed to MidSeason
Paige Armstrong- No Casting, No nothing done
SpellBound- Only 2 People have been cast.

So That leaves Reaper, Gossip Girl, Wild at Heart and The World According To Barnes.. That are Pilots being shot as we speak...

However that doesn't mean any of the shows will be picked up for fall consideration....

What they could do is pick up Spellbound- and Pair it with Supernatural on Sunday Night :) Let Reaper go on Thursday at 9pm and get crushed ;) hehehehehe

Spellbound-8pm
Supernatural-9pm

April
I support the show, deal with it!

Truth Rage

RebeccaMatthews
Ghostly Mental Patient
RebeccaMatthews
Ghostly Mental Patient

14 Mar 2007, 02:53 #2

What they could do is pick up Spellbound- and Pair it with Supernatural on Sunday Night  Let Reaper go on Thursday at 9pm and get crushed  hehehehehe

Spellbound-8pm
Supernatural-9pm

Haha, I want to see how good the Reaper show is, but sounds alost exactly like SN with a few tweaks.

Gossip Girls, is something I want to stick arund for a while. Seems like Gilmore Girls, just without a mother-daughter team.

Spellbound has Sabrina the later year writen all over it, but still sounds better then the pile of cr@p there so far.

The comedies could work, if put in the right place, but nothing I would consider watching. Nor any of the other show at the moment.

Twitter

Pottermore: AshJinx7349

devonshire
Wendigo

14 Mar 2007, 03:18 #3

i dont know, i really dont see them moving supernatural away from the thursady 9pm timeslot. they have said time and time again that it is the only show that can survive there. and personally, i dont know if i want it to move, i like it being on thursdays.
Something Lost Series
banner by rae666

hermitme
Posts 0
hermitme

14 Mar 2007, 13:48 #4

Here you are April.

:D

Most of those shows sound like regurgitation of other failed or cancelled shows, or, as in the case of Reaper and other horror/scifi/fantasy, an effort to expand on the success of SV and SN and other shows of that genre. But that might be just me.

hvstmn247
Bloody Mary
hvstmn247
Bloody Mary

14 Mar 2007, 14:30 #5

As Long as Supernatural is Not Cancelled I really Do Not care for any of any of these shows however pairing one of them with Supernatural and moving it to Sundays is something I could get behind.

kuhekabir
Advanced Member
kuhekabir
Advanced Member

14 Mar 2007, 15:44 #6

I have to agree, I really do not care at all what new shows are going to air on CW as long as they do not cancel SN and keep in coming. That is all I need to make me happy.

Anneabell
Woman in White
Anneabell
Woman in White

16 Mar 2007, 02:34 #7

Haha, I want to see how good the Reaper show is, but sounds alost exactly like SN with a few tweaks.

?????????????? WHere do you get that? Supernatural is about 2 brothers hunting supernatural creatures? That is obviously not the point of the reaper... he's supernatural himself... and I don't see the similarities at all, except the fact that they are both in the same genra... my favourite genre=p

The boys are back, the Impala is back, All is good!

Member # 20 of Sam's Barmy Army!

Freyja
Vampire

16 Mar 2007, 02:44 #8

The day we’ve all dreaded has come, tubers.

With actual tears in my eyes, I must tell you that I’ve heard from several solid sources that the CW has decided not to bring Veronica Mars back for a fourth season.

Though official word has not yet come down from the network, I did hear from creator Rob Thomas earlier this week, who told me things weren’t looking good: “I’ve never been less certain of our fate. I’m afraid I’ve gone from cautiously optimistic to something less than that.”

More on this later. I’m just too distraught to write more right now.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/b ... 31#comment

Now we all know Kristin isn't the most reliable source there is, but since this is her beloved VM I who knows.

So with 7th Heaven, Reba, GG, and VM gone what's left? That is a lot of new holes to fill...

April
I support the show, deal with it!

Truth Rage

gumshoes88

16 Mar 2007, 02:44 #9

Just a thought:
If they paired Supernatural with a show other than SV (one of the new pilots) wouldn't these use SN as the lead in show rather than an untried pilot?

devonshire
Wendigo

16 Mar 2007, 02:50 #10

gumshoes88 @ Mar 16 2007, 02:44 AM wrote: Just a thought:
If they paired Supernatural with a show other than SV (one of the new pilots) wouldn't these use SN as the lead in show rather than an untried pilot?
i dont know. SN is a much darker show than anything else they have, so i think they may want to keep it in the 9pm time slot.
but, with 7th heaven, reba, GG and Vm gone, as well as two of the monday comedies. i dont really know what they are going to do with the schedule. i am wondering now if they would pair SN with reaper and move it to tuesday night, since both of thier tuesday shows are going off the air.
Something Lost Series
banner by rae666

SammysAngel
Advanced Member
SammysAngel
Advanced Member

16 Mar 2007, 03:16 #11

I know VM wasn't a ratings giant by any means, but it certainly was quality television. I read some of the comments and I think this one basically summed it up nicely (by densedot) "It's ironic that a show with such a great role model for young girls is being cancelled for a show about a bunch of talentless strippers (the PCDs)." While I'm glad SN has a much safer chance (and there were comments by the VM fans that called it the only quality show on the CW besides VM) I think its disappointing and I'm also (like others) wondering what the CW will do next year since at least four shows (not including most of the monday night comedies) are gone? Personally the only pilot I think I'm going to tune in for is Gossip Girl, I read most of the books when I was younger and although I've sort of given up on them now (there's just too damn many! ;) ) I did enjoy the first few.
Jared: I was actually sitting in my house with my mother and father...and there was this big thunderstorm outside and we were inside and the lights flickered for a second…And I found myself, and this is really embarrassing, I found myself going, “The Demon”. And of course they watch the show and they looked at me and I went, “Oh no! I need a vacation or something ..”
~SFX, October 06

Thanks SO MUCH to mrscutedean for the lovely avatar!

hermitme
Posts 0
hermitme

16 Mar 2007, 12:32 #12

SammysAngel @ Mar 16 2007, 03:16 AM wrote: I know VM wasn't a ratings giant by any means, but it certainly was quality television. I read some of the comments and I think this one basically summed it up nicely (by densedot) "It's ironic that a show with such a great role model for young girls is being cancelled for a show about a bunch of talentless strippers (the PCDs)." While I'm glad SN has a much safer chance (and there were comments by the VM fans that called it the only quality show on the CW besides VM) I think its disappointing and I'm also (like others) wondering what the CW will do next year since at least four shows (not including most of the monday night comedies) are gone? Personally the only pilot I think I'm going to tune in for is Gossip Girl, I read most of the books when I was younger and although I've sort of given up on them now (there's just too damn many! ;) ) I did enjoy the first few.
I do agree with the poster that it's sad a quality show is being overthrown over a well, whatever PCD is. However, VM was given more chances than any other show and put in different slots, tried with different lead ins, to no avail. My only thought is that many people just weren't into the HS, now college detective, or like me, considered it a modern Nancy Drew.

Also remember, AI is the top show of America, this over 24, and other quality shows. That alone answers many questions. Most people who watch tv don't want to think.

Let's put it this way. Most popular novels are the slut ones, or as a friend put it, the bosom-rippers. The mindless, easy non-thinking romance novels. Many good quality books get overlooked and rest unread on shelves because they are too intellectual for main stream public. How sad is that? People go for the easy, the entertaining, the brain-drains. It's too bad, but that's the way it is today.

SammysAngel
Advanced Member
SammysAngel
Advanced Member

16 Mar 2007, 13:37 #13

Thats all definitely true, I hadn't really thought about how many chances they gave VM. It is disappointing how much of the American public just wants to watch crap over quality because they're 'not in the mood to think' or something. Maybe I'm just different but I love a show that makes you think about something, I find it to be the kind of entertainment you'd want out of a tv show to keep pulling you back in. And most of all I want a show that's well written, certainly, which sadly gives me the option of about 5% of whats on TV (mostly because 35% or some other crazy number is reality crap), I don't know maybe its because I aspire to go into screenwriting, or any kind of writing really, but thats just the kind of thing I want in a show. Anyways sorry this is a complete rant of a post, putting all this aside all I'm glad of is that SN is doing so well in such a sucky timeslot :) and hopefully with these new pilots they can chance SN's timeslot and put it on Sundays or something. Personally I think their best bet for Thurs @ 9, if they put a pilot in, would be Gossip Girl because the books already have a large fanbase that would most likely tune in, and while its the same kind of people who watch Grey's Anatomy (which, btw, from a fan of the show has gotten just awful. They're losing some viewers with teh crap they're doing) it can still hopefully gain a lot of the age range the CW wants, maybe some preteen girls a little too young to watch Grey's.
Jared: I was actually sitting in my house with my mother and father...and there was this big thunderstorm outside and we were inside and the lights flickered for a second…And I found myself, and this is really embarrassing, I found myself going, “The Demon”. And of course they watch the show and they looked at me and I went, “Oh no! I need a vacation or something ..”
~SFX, October 06

Thanks SO MUCH to mrscutedean for the lovely avatar!

kimmyc916
Advanced Member
kimmyc916
Advanced Member

16 Mar 2007, 14:58 #14

I agree with you SammyAngel about Greys. I watched that show (and loved it) for the first two seasons, but now, I could care less. I still DVR it to watch later (since my sister is still a huge fan and it's all she wants to talk about) but sometimes it's weeks before I get around to watching a new episode. I just don't care anymore.

As for the rest of TV...yeah, people want shows that they can just watch mindlessly. They don't want to have to think too much (hence the success of Reality TV and shows like OTH, Grey's, Desperate Housewives, and the like). One of the things I love about Supernatural is that there are things for me to figure out. There is the overall mythology that you have to piece together and the new story each week and you have to think some in order to understand things. I like that in my TV shows. I watched LOST for the first season because of that same reason (I wanted to try and figure out what was going on) but it quickly lost me (no pun intended) once they started to draw things out.

I have to admit that I'd never even heard of Veronica Mars before the merge. I never watched anything on UPN ever. I don't know why really, I just never did. Once I found out about VM, I started watching and found that I really liked the show, but I have a feeling that there are plenty more people like me out there who might really like it but they have no idea it exists. Most people (especialy adults who tend to get a little more into shows that make you think) don't watch a lot of shows on the CW (or UPN or WB). My Dad had no idea either network even existed until I made him watch SN when I went home one week. I watched some older shows on the WB but before SN came on, I wasn't really watching anything except for Gilmore Girls. If it hadn't been for that, I would have had no idea that SN even existed.

I don't read entertainment magazines. I didn't (before SN anyway) read stuff about TV shows on the web. I got most of my TV information from ads on TV and word of mouth. It's that part of the population that the CW needs to find a way to get the word out to--people who don't currently watch anything on the CW and who don't read any kind of entertainment media. Most of today's hit shows (Grey's, DH, Lost, CSI, 24, House) got their big numbers through word of mouth advertising. People watched and talked about them to their friends so more people watched and it became "the thing" to do. (You aren't cool if you don't watch show X.) And then they become such a part of mainstream society that even if you don't watch, you know about them. The CW has got to figure out how to generate some of that kind of energy if they want to have a chance to compete with the big guys.

LOrD #17 --Task Master to Sam & Dean

Mad Science My Blog

hermitme
Posts 0
hermitme

16 Mar 2007, 15:35 #15

kimmyc916 @ Mar 16 2007, 02:58 PM wrote: As for the rest of TV...yeah, people want shows that they can just watch mindlessly. They don't want to have to think too much (hence the success of Reality TV and shows like OTH, Grey's, Desperate Housewives, and the like). One of the things I love about Supernatural is that there are things for me to figure out. There is the overall mythology that you have to piece together and the new story each week and you have to think some in order to understand things. I like that in my TV shows. I watched LOST for the first season because of that same reason (I wanted to try and figure out what was going on) but it quickly lost me (no pun intended) once they started to draw things out.

I have to admit that I'd never even heard of Veronica Mars before the merge. I never watched anything on UPN ever. I don't know why really, I just never did. Once I found out about VM, I started watching and found that I really liked the show, but I have a feeling that there are plenty more people like me out there who might really like it but they have no idea it exists. Most people (especialy adults who tend to get a little more into shows that make you think) don't watch a lot of shows on the CW (or UPN or WB). My Dad had no idea either network even existed until I made him watch SN when I went home one week. I watched some older shows on the WB but before SN came on, I wasn't really watching anything except for Gilmore Girls. If it hadn't been for that, I would have had no idea that SN even existed.

I don't read entertainment magazines. I didn't (before SN anyway) read stuff about TV shows on the web. I got most of my TV information from ads on TV and word of mouth. It's that part of the population that the CW needs to find a way to get the word out to--people who don't currently watch anything on the CW and who don't read any kind of entertainment media. Most of today's hit shows (Grey's, DH, Lost, CSI, 24, House) got their big numbers through word of mouth advertising. People watched and talked about them to their friends so more people watched and it became "the thing" to do. (You aren't cool if you don't watch show X.) And then they become such a part of mainstream society that even if you don't watch, you know about them. The CW has got to figure out how to generate some of that kind of energy if they want to have a chance to compete with the big guys.
hey Kimmyc

I too love a thinking show, one that has more to it then who's going to bed with who, and the victim/bad guy of the day plot.

However I do think that though "word of mouth" works, I will also have to say that the right advertisement and media attention play an important part in making a show successful, which is one of the reasons I'm surprised VM wasn't. I think shows like 24 and GA get the media attention and that draws in the viewers. Poeple like to watch what's popular and any advertiser/marketing person knows to keep the product out front and visible to draw attention.

Unfortunately, CW seems to have a problem with that concept. <_<