CAUTION - Beware Bogus Con's

Talk about any and all fan conventions in here!

CAUTION - Beware Bogus Con's

Raven524
Winchester
Raven524
Winchester

06 Aug 2009, 13:51 #1

It has come to our attention that some people have posted convention information here that is not a valid convention. If we become aware that a particular convention isn't valid, we will remove it. However, we are not able to validate every convention posted. If you notice a convention in here that you know isn't valid, please notify a mod/admin via PM or report the post so that we can delete the information.

Please be careful when signing up for conventions from new or unknown vendors. Normally those offered by Eyecon, Rogue Events, Massive Events/Showmasters, HUB Productions (Australia Convention) and Creation Entertainment are valid conventions. This is not an inclusive list, but these are the main ones.

SN.TV is not endorsing any convention by providing this thread, but merely making an area available for those who want to discuss up and coming conventions. Consequently, just because it's listed here, does not mean it is valid.

Please use the same care you would normally use when signing up or purchasing things over the internet.

If you have any questions, please PM a mod/admin and we'd be happy to assist!

Thanks!

The SN.tv Mod/Admin Team

Thanks to Xlozx for the Awesome Banner and Avi!

Hounds of the Baskervilles Starts Soon! Sign up By March 18th

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

29 Nov 2009, 13:45 #2

Hey Gang,

It's come to our attention recently that, YAY! Supernatural Conventions are spreading out globally! However, this does increase the risk of, as Raven mentioned before, bogus con information.

Unfortunately, those of us here on the Mod team for SN.Tv DO NOT have the inside scoop on the validity of the newer conventions. There is an article in the latest Official Super Natural Magazine that does make mention of several, supposedly substantiated conventions:

Jus In Bello - Rome April 2-4 2010

Rising Con - Barcelona June 12-13 2010

'Unnamed' -Bad Neuehahr (Near Bonn) Germany May 21-23

While being published in the magazine does NOT mean they are set in stone, those are most likely viable conventions to look into.

As always, PLEASE be careful when investigating/booking convention tickets, regarding personal information. If a site does not look legitimate, be skeptical.

:)
Waldorf : *moans*
Statler: What's the matter with you?
Waldorf: *moans* It's either this show or indigestion. I hope it's indigestion.
Statler: Why?
Waldorf: Cause that'll get better in a little while.

ilaria
Fire Demon
ilaria
Fire Demon

29 Nov 2009, 14:06 #3

I can assure you that the italian conventions is a real one
even the italian tv is mentioned there
why people said that this is not true?

banners by me,avatar by xlozx
http://ilaria84.livejournal.com/

jensenforever
Vampire

29 Nov 2009, 14:23 #4

JUS IN BELLO ITALIAN CONVENTION is real! Every guest has confirmed his contract signed ... and beyond. sorry but honestly I do not like to read this post and especially to see the name of the Italian convention in this list. One is perhaps better informed than writing this with a convention that has done and is doing everything in a very precise with international lawyers and managers of the actors in touch. everything has been done in every detail and every actor in the list is happy to participate in the conv. before publishing the name of any actor, was expected to have the signed contract and approval of the various managers ...... everything is done to give both the actors that the fans who attend the convention the maximum safety.

thanks so much for those wonderful banner's made by ILARIA !

Official Jus In Bello Italian Convention website

ilaria
Fire Demon
ilaria
Fire Demon

29 Nov 2009, 14:25 #5

I'm really sad :(
people think that everything is fake
believe me I'm really sad

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

29 Nov 2009, 14:53 #6

....... :blink: Guys, did you read my post???

I said those are REAL!!!

There are multiple "rumors" going around right now about conventions, those are, as far as we know, published and legitimate.

ilaria
Fire Demon
ilaria
Fire Demon

29 Nov 2009, 14:56 #7

Jamieo_0 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:53 PM wrote: ....... :blink: Guys, did you read my post???

I said those are REAL!!!

There are multiple "rumors" going around right now about conventions, those are, as far as we know, published and legitimate.
:o
supposedly substantiated conventions:
i misunderstood your words
i was sure your saying that those conventions aren't real
I'm sorry

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

29 Nov 2009, 14:59 #8

HAhaha no worries hun!! :lol:

That one's a total translation error :hug No worries. I'm glad they're advertising it there, if there are any links to the ads post them in the Jus In Bello thread, I'd love to see them :lol:

ilaria
Fire Demon
ilaria
Fire Demon

29 Nov 2009, 15:02 #9

Jamieo_0 @ Nov 29 2009, 02:59 PM wrote: HAhaha no worries hun!! :lol:

That one's a total translation error :hug No worries. I'm glad they're advertising it there, if there are any links to the ads post them in the Jus In Bello thread, I'd love to see them :lol:
once again forgive my stupidity ;)

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

29 Nov 2009, 15:08 #10

No no no! Not stupid at all! Just a misunderstanding hun.

JIB CON Staff

29 Nov 2009, 15:18 #11

Hello,

i'm Chiara, i work for JUS IN BELLO Convention and i've ve been informed of what's been written on this post by some of our attendees.
I must ask you to immediately publish a retraction of every references to any illegal or unclear action about our event .
We can't accept a public topic of such nature as this one.
JIB CON is absolutely legit under every aspects, from guests, to contracts to the whole organizations and it's unacceptable for us to abide this kind of damaging rumours toward our job.
We've always been ready to answer each question anyone has asked us, we've worked under everyone's eyes from the start. There's nothing unclear or illegal about what we're doing and WE CONSIDER THIS DEFAMATION under international laws.
We're not merely fans talking or joking around like someone seems to think, we're professionals doing our job and such insinuations damage us and our reputation without just cause.
Anyone who's not simply reporting gossips for the pleasure of slandering other people and spoiling their jobs should simply contact actors managers to have confirmation of our reliability.
Before making a public accusation like this one you should be sure of their truthfullness and the sources giving them.
As said we ask for a formal retraction of what as been stated here, insinuations and doubts count as much as open accusation in this line of work and this is not tolerable.

Respectfully

Chiara for Jus in Bello Staff

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

29 Nov 2009, 15:59 #12

Chiara,

As I stated in my initial post, "The Official Supernatural Magazine" (Issue #13 pages 8 & 9) was my source of information CONFIRMING JIB con, Rising Con and the unnamed convention in Germany.

Please read all posts on the topic next time before writing a reply.

JIB CON Staff

29 Nov 2009, 16:17 #13

Jamieo_0 @ Nov 29 2009, 03:59 PM wrote: Chiara,

As I stated in my initial post, "The Official Supernatural Magazine" (Issue #13 pages 8 & 9) was my source of information CONFIRMING JIB con, Rising Con and the unnamed convention in Germany.

Please read all posts on the topic next time before writing a reply.
Hi again,
I read all posts but my reason still stand, I'm sorry. As I said replying to your PM if you If you compile a list of the "surely true" conventions and then another one of the "probably true" and you place our event in the second one I can't abide it because our event is no more in the realm of possibility than the first category of events here mentioned.
I'll wait for your PM to solve this matter.
Thank you.

Chiara

Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter
Jamieo_0
Demon Hunter

29 Nov 2009, 19:06 #14

*sigh*

Chiara,
There's nothing to solve hun. You are in the wrong here. I'm not sure how else to say it to you, your convention was always listed as legitimate. ALWAYS, from 8am this morning. There was NO DOUBT that it wasn't. And dear god hun, at this point anyone who still has a doubt is either a little thick, or just not reading what's being written.

Winchesters Rock
Woman in White
Winchesters Rock
Woman in White

29 Nov 2009, 19:09 #15

I agree with Jamie, she listed your Con as legit. It was in the SPN mag and she was listing the cons listed there as legit cons.... she is trying to warn people of the ones that aren't. Creation cons are Legit, Jus in Bello is legit as well as the others she listed. I just think you may have taken the wording wrong maybe.