Beyond Season 10

Discuss season 9 as it airs in the U.S. and Canada. NO SPOILERS IN THIS FORUM.

Beyond Season 10

hansolo
Woman in White
hansolo
Woman in White

14 Feb 2014, 00:18 #1

I am glad Supernatural was renewed for next year, if the Js choose to remain on the show, where does the story go and could we see the show on season 14.

I would like to see the bros. take on a new creatures where there s a hierarchy of bad guys that Sam and Dean would have to defeat a first tier then second then third until getting to the head bad guy kind of like a video game.
Two brothers, backs against the wall, fighting for family and for each other- set against a world of evil where danger lurks everywhere and only their guns, their Impala and their 70's rock give them the strength to fight on!

Jaytee
Advanced Member
Jaytee
Advanced Member

14 Feb 2014, 02:23 #2

If they can find a way to keep it fresh, and put the brother relationship back on a more even keel (they will always fight, but can we please do away with the BIG annual fights that take up half a season?), and everyone still wants to participate- I'm in!

But I do wonder if the J's will want to keep it up? I suppose it's hard to turn down a steady paycheck, but one or both of them may want to pursue other projects or relocate back to Texas or Hollywood. One thing I would never want to see is the show limping on with just one Winchester and supporting characters!

percysowner
Advanced Member
percysowner
Advanced Member

14 Feb 2014, 02:39 #3

I agree they need both Jared and Jensen, or the show is over. AFAIK Jared and Jensen have both said they would be open to going more seasons. I know at one point Jensen said he really wanted to go to 11 if only to beat Smallville. I'm pretty sure Jared has said that as long as they think the quality is there, they are willing to go as long as the fans and the network wants.

Frankly, they are making good money and they both have kids, which makes a secure living really nice. And as long as the show is on the conventions add a nice bonus. So if the network can give them a good package to resign, more money, more chance for Jensen to direct, whatever perks Jared might like, since he hasn't expressed an interest in directing I think we will get at least one more year and possibly more out of the show.

This is assuming, of course, that the ratings keep up next season. There are hints that since Supernatural helped save Wednesday and Tuesday that next season they may want us to save Monday.