Artist Celebration - Now Closed

Are you great with banners or avatars? Then let's see them!
| Artist Showcase | Help | Help Archive | Tutorials

Artist Celebration - Now Closed

Starkiller
Vampire

13 May 2010, 23:17 #1

Welcome To
Supernatural.tv's Artist Celebration!

Final Product:

^Click for Full Size + Names^
[color=ffff75]Over the past five years, we have seen tremendous amounts of artist talent displayed on this board daily, and in honor of such a wonderful community of artists, I present to you Supernatural.tv’s Artist Celebration!

This celebration is for the amazing fanartist community here on Supernatural.tv. It is not a challenge to show off who is the best, but we hope it’ll be a collaboration of all the amazing talent on this board to create an awe inspiring piece of art. What is this piece of art, you may ask? Well what better way for all the artists of the board to come together on a piece than through a Graphics Worm!

Now don’t let the name put you off. A Graphics Worm is traditionally a long chain of art from various artist, all blended together. Here is one example I found. It may look simple enough, but trust me when I say that it’s actually quite a bit of a challenge to make. As you may guess, the hardest part of a Graphics Worm is blending all the pieces together; however, seeing as how many of us have become extremely talented at blending pictures together, I thought this would be a perfect way to show off how creative we can be with our blending skills.

Here’s the plan:
First, we will have sign ups for any and all artists on the board that would like to help contribute to our Graphics Worm. Sign-ups will last until Thursday of next week.

Second, we’ll start making our worm! I’ll provided the first piece (just to make sure everything starts off correctly) then I’ll PM my piece to the next person in line. The order of when people will be making their respective piece will be the order in which people sign up. If for some reason this doesn’t work for you, please PM me and we’ll just put you on a return list and move on to the next person in line; then when you’re free we’ll come back to you.
Each person will make one piece of the worm that is 700x500 pixels, and will have one week to complete your piece. However, the trick is that sometimes you’ll need to factor in room for a transition from the last end of the piece before you. That is why it is a good idea to always keep in mind that someone is going to be adding another piece of the worm directly to the right of your piece…so please be kind and don’t make it a near impossibility for someone to transition from your piece to theirs. For example, don’t have a cut off of Sam or Dean coming from the right-hand side because that’s extremely difficult to transition from. If at all possible, try to make it a solid color or solid pattern that can be duplicated.

Third, put it all together! The last person on the list will end up with the completed worm, which will hopefully be very huge! :D (Just a note here, though each of you are going to be receiving the worm as it grows, and that means that the people at the end are going to receive a very large image via PMs, feel free to cut off whatever you don’t need to work with from that image, and then build your part. Just don’t forget to reattach your piece to the whole before sending it on.) This person who ends with the finished worm should PM it to me, and then I’ll post it in a separate thread for all to see. :)

I’m sure there are bound to be a few questions about this, after all it is something new and it sounds a little bit complicated. Taking a look at the example I provided should help answer a few questions, however feel free to either post here or PM me with any questions that you have about this project!

Again, this isn’t a challenge and it isn’t required of anyone. This is just my way of expressing how awesome this community is, and I think the best way to do that is to show off what we can all do! Also, this is not limited to digital artists, if you can do traditional art and then crop it to the size limit, which is acceptable, too, though you’ll probably have a harder time of it, but not impossible. If need be, you may PM the person before you and give them a heads up so that they know to make the transition even easier for you.

You guys are some of the most talented artists I have ever known, and this is for you! I hope you like the idea, and I’m excited to see your response!

Luke Skywalker
Fanart Forum Moderator

Edit: There is no longer a solid deadline for sign-ups. I'm going to allow people to join in if they'd like until we finish.

Edit 2: For a complete explanation of the project, along with a place to ask any questions you may have, please check out the Graphics Worm Q&A Thread where I posted a complete and organized break down of the project, along with give anyone and everyone the opportunity to ask questions and get them answered. I strongly suggest reading over that post.

ETA: We have now begun round 2 of the graphics worm project, which will involve going through the sign-up list again, and everyone making another piece of the worm. You can still sign-up or resign-up if you'd like to participate in the project. The finished product for round 1 is posted above (make sure to click the thumbnail and check out the full version + names).[/color]
Sign-ups:
Luke Skywalker
Cinca
Hobbleit
stephanie93duh
warriorgrrr
dreamalittledreamofsam
JessicaRae
Maneth
DazzledbyEdward
Dean's_Gal
ephiny63
<center>

[color=ffff75]^Click to Vote for a Winner!^[/color]</center>

Cinca
Shtriga
Cinca
Shtriga

13 May 2010, 23:23 #2

THis sounds fun. Sounds almost similar to the round robin fics (which I have done before), but those are writing so I shut up before I get OT. Sign me up, please! :)

~*Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.*~ Tsuyukami, Natsume Yuujinchou

~*There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable.*~ Yuuko Ichihara, Xxxholic

hobbleit
Highway Ghost
hobbleit
Highway Ghost

14 May 2010, 06:24 #3

I'll sign up

sounds like fun
<center>

2009 best artist and most contributed member
Fanart</center>

15 May 2010, 02:04 #4

prettttttyy interesting ..

i'll give it a go (:
I'm Mel! FORMERLY KNOWN AS SACRIFICE16!

^banner and icon by me

^thanks Senator Seth

15 May 2010, 07:28 #5

this sounds awesome! I'm in :)

sorry you included this in the post, in which case I just didn't see it, but is there a articular theme that we should follow? or can our part of the worm be whatever we want?
~Cammie
<center>
Requests x SN Art x Misc. Art
{Keeper of Cas' Plans for Dean}{Gutter Goddess}
{Bi-Texan}{Trust Kripke}
</center>

stephanie93duh
Advanced Member
stephanie93duh
Advanced Member

15 May 2010, 08:23 #6

Sounds Awesome and Fun and i need something to do this Days lol So Yea
Sign me Up.....

<FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Im a Sammy Girl, Deal With It!</FONT>
S93Banners

Discover Your Colors With

<FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Liv Crayola!! Awesome Stuff For Teens And SPN Fans ALike!!

Starkiller
Vampire

15 May 2010, 16:09 #7

Supernatural_luver @ May 15 2010, 01:28 AM wrote: this sounds awesome! I'm in :)

sorry you included this in the post, in which case I just didn't see it, but is there a articular theme that we should follow? or can our part of the worm be whatever we want?
~Cammie
[color=ffff75]Good question, there is no theme to follow, it's all up to you guys what you'd like to do for your piece of the worm. :)

Updated the list. ;)[/color]
<center>

warriorgrrrl
Vampire

15 May 2010, 17:50 #8

I'll join! Sounds like fun!! :)

Keeper of Castiel's Order & Love; Uriel's Mud Monkey; thanks guys!!
Banners by me! Into the Wild-Graphics
1 member of the Order of Castiel

highvoltagerock
Vampire

16 May 2010, 15:12 #9

sounds like a huge challenge, but I'll sign up for this too. I may need some questions answered later, but for now, I'm in... :)

Banners by me, avi by hobbleit. >>SPN or request?<<</center>

JessicaRae
Wendigo

16 May 2010, 16:48 #10

I'm in. :) The result will be EPIC. Great idea!!

Starkiller
Vampire

17 May 2010, 19:48 #11

[color=ffff75]Thanks everyone! :) I've been thinking...and I may just not have a hard deadline for sign-ups. I think a few people are still unsure about this in terms of how it's going to work and what all it is; so I think I'm going to kind of leave it as an open sign-up meaning that you can jump in as we're going along if you'd like. That way if people miss this sign-up opportunity, they can still join in. :)

Also, if you have any questions about this, this is a good time to ask because there are probably others with your same questions. I'd rather try to answer as many questions as possible before we actually get started rather than while we're going.

Oh, and I also realized that I forgot to mention that if you finish your piece of the worm, you can just send it on to the next person and then their time starts to finish the worm. This should help speed things up so that it doesn't take all year. :P

I'll probably be putting up a thread for questions and concerns here later this afternoon, and also I'll try to include a better outline of the project and what is involved for you guys. :)

List updated.[/color]
<center>

Maneth
Hospital Ghost
Maneth
Hospital Ghost

19 May 2010, 15:40 #12

I'm IN! I was in hospital so I couldn't sign up earlier, I hope is ok I signed up now

set made by me

Fortitude
Shadow Demon
Fortitude
Shadow Demon

19 May 2010, 15:56 #13

Sounds interesting. I'm definitely in!!! :D

<center>Sparks of the Tempest
<font color=red>Cas Fanart
BDOHB #96 &#124; Order # 7 &#124; Dirty Angel #14 &#124; Azreal League #5
</font></center>

Nabusii
Nabusii

19 May 2010, 17:13 #14

Wow, definately sounds interesting :D I'm in!

Starkiller
Vampire

20 May 2010, 17:01 #15

[color=ffff75]Updated the list! :)

Sorry for not getting the information threads up like I said I would a few days ago, but I'm busy with work and other projects. I'll try to make the thread tonight if possible, if not I should be able to get it up by tomorrow. :)[/color]
<center>