You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)

DCA
DCA

April 9th, 2015, 1:27 pm #1

Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?
Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not just The Might God, but Father also....

Revelation
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Lastly, even His Wonderful Name says it all....
Matthew 1
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God with us.

Try as you may.....

=====================================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

The original title of this thread remains the same: "You Ever Wonder Why???" Without editing the original message, I would like to append the first statement in your initial post to the title [which is]: "Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?"

I think this title is what you had in mind for the discussion: "You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)
[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 12th, 2015, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 9th, 2015, 3:28 pm #2

Is. 9:5 For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.

Is. 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his NAME SHALL BE CALLED Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

It is so easy to call JEHOVAH stupid: why wouldn't the Spirit OF Christ say that JESUS WILL BE ONE OF THE JEHOVAH PEOPLE? The Spirit OF Christ did not say that Hezekiah and then Jesus WOULD be Jehovah-God. He will be CALLED

h8034. shem, shame; a primitive word (perhaps rather from 7760 through the idea of definite and conspicuous position; compare 8064); an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character:—+ base, (in-)fame(-ous), named(-d), renown, report.

God is not Jehovah but:
h410. lEa }el, ale; shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):—God (god), x goodly, x great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.”

god, god-like one, mighty one
mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes
angels
god, false god, (demons, imaginations)
God, the one true God, Jehovah
mighty things in nature
strength, power

Nebuchadnezzar Ezekiel 31:11 is the TREE in Eden: make room for figurative speech. Messiah will also be called the BRANCH after the TREE has been cut down.
There are MANY Elohim (gods) but there is only ONE Lord (Jehovah).

Jesus will be the IMAGE of God the Father and He will be the Word of God articulated and He will be the only "father" anyone would ever see in contrast to the pagan triads.

1Cor. 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Col. 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col. 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col. 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col. 1:15 Who is the IMAGE of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 9th, 2015, 3:33 pm #3

Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?
Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not just The Might God, but Father also....

Revelation
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Lastly, even His Wonderful Name says it all....
Matthew 1
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God with us.

Try as you may.....

=====================================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

The original title of this thread remains the same: "You Ever Wonder Why???" Without editing the original message, I would like to append the first statement in your initial post to the title [which is]: "Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?"

I think this title is what you had in mind for the discussion: "You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)
[/color]
But wait....'""Ken""' says it is not possible to be the son and be God also!

DCA
DCA

April 9th, 2015, 3:50 pm #4

Is. 9:5 For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.

Is. 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his NAME SHALL BE CALLED Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

It is so easy to call JEHOVAH stupid: why wouldn't the Spirit OF Christ say that JESUS WILL BE ONE OF THE JEHOVAH PEOPLE? The Spirit OF Christ did not say that Hezekiah and then Jesus WOULD be Jehovah-God. He will be CALLED

h8034. shem, shame; a primitive word (perhaps rather from 7760 through the idea of definite and conspicuous position; compare 8064); an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character:—+ base, (in-)fame(-ous), named(-d), renown, report.

God is not Jehovah but:
h410. lEa }el, ale; shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):—God (god), x goodly, x great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.”

god, god-like one, mighty one
mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes
angels
god, false god, (demons, imaginations)
God, the one true God, Jehovah
mighty things in nature
strength, power

Nebuchadnezzar Ezekiel 31:11 is the TREE in Eden: make room for figurative speech. Messiah will also be called the BRANCH after the TREE has been cut down.
There are MANY Elohim (gods) but there is only ONE Lord (Jehovah).

Jesus will be the IMAGE of God the Father and He will be the Word of God articulated and He will be the only "father" anyone would ever see in contrast to the pagan triads.

1Cor. 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Col. 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col. 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col. 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col. 1:15 Who is the IMAGE of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Hey ken, In Isaiah 9, was Christ mentioned as a mighty god, or "The Mighty God?"

SPEAK THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.....and keep opinions out of it.

When the author mentions THE Might God is he speaking of singular or plural?

SPEAK THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.

April 9th, 2015, 4:02 pm #5

Note that LORD is Jehovah-God in Hebrew but it is Kurios in Greek. Jesus of Nazareth is a LORD person and not a GOD person. Jesus was not born LORD but God gave Him that office: He is the only IMAGE of God available to alive people.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
that God [Theos] hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
both Lord [Kurios] and Christ [Messiah].

Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth
glorify GOD [Theos],
even the Father of our Lord [kurios] Jesus Christ.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but ONE GOD [Theos] the Father, OF whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ, BY whom are all things, and we by him

Jesus is LORD and god in the ELOHIM or ruler sense but He is NOT the ONE GOD THE FATHER. Repeat this:

There is ONE GOD THE FATHER. Jesus is the IMAGE of the Father but Jesus is LORD and not the father. Sons are always created by their fathers.

LU trinitarians say that
there is ONE God the Father
There is ONE God Jesus
There is ONE God the Holy Spirit.

1+1+1 = 3 but they THREE are one in that they always AGREE with one another. John says that if you deny the FATHER and the SON you are ANTI-Christs.

1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the MAN Christ Jesus;

April 9th, 2015, 4:09 pm #6

Hey ken, In Isaiah 9, was Christ mentioned as a mighty god, or "The Mighty God?"

SPEAK THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.....and keep opinions out of it.

When the author mentions THE Might God is he speaking of singular or plural?

SPEAK THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.
He is called the Mighty Elohim: NOT Mighty Jehovah.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

In Psalms gods is Elohiym.

Psa. 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

The MOST HIGH is
5945. elyown, el-yone´; from 5927 [Alah]; an elevation, i.e. (adj.) lofty (compar.); as title, the Supreme:—(Most, on) high(-er, -est), upper(-most).

Bill
Bill

April 9th, 2015, 4:23 pm #7

That God cannot be God and also be the Son is puny, human thinking. It limits God's infinite capacity. Likewise, saying that because physical man cannot detach his spirit from himself to be a separate entity, then neither can omnipotent God detach His Holy Spirit from Himself to be a separate entity is puny, human thinking. If God were not able to manifest Himself as God as well as the Son as well as the Holy Ghost as three separate entities in ONE BEING, then Jesus never would have mentioned the three separate entities of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Matt. 28:19. Man has limited possibilities, but with God, ALL THINGS are possible.

Remember, Jesus instructed His disciples that he who had seen Him had seen the Father, and that He and the Father were one. God sent Himself to earth in the form of the man Jesus, yet God was in heaven at the same time. Therefore, God, Jesus, and yes, the Holy Spirit, are one and the same, just different manifestations of the SAME entity.

DCA
DCA

April 9th, 2015, 4:33 pm #8

Note that LORD is Jehovah-God in Hebrew but it is Kurios in Greek. Jesus of Nazareth is a LORD person and not a GOD person. Jesus was not born LORD but God gave Him that office: He is the only IMAGE of God available to alive people.

glorify GOD [Theos],

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but ONE GOD [Theos] the Father, OF whom are all things, and we in him;

Jesus is LORD and god in the ELOHIM or ruler sense but He is NOT the ONE GOD THE FATHER. Repeat this:

There is ONE GOD THE FATHER. Jesus is the IMAGE of the Father but Jesus is LORD and not the father. Sons are always created by their fathers.

LU trinitarians say that
There is ONE God Jesus

1+1+1 = 3 but they THREE are one in that they always AGREE with one another. John says that if you deny the FATHER and the SON you are ANTI-Christs.

the MAN Christ Jesus;

"1+1+1 = 3 but they THREE are one in that they always AGREE with one another. John says that if you deny the FATHER and the SON you are ANTI-Christs."

So, you are saying that "God in Three Persons, blessed (leave out the Trinity if you can't stomach it)"

You are saying the same thing. You said there "THREE are one"

Yes, they always agree with one another.

I Timothy 3
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen
..."

God manifest in the flesh

Colossians 2
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

What does Godhead mean.....anything like what Ken called "THREE are one," or God in three persons? Three are one, God being ONE, therefore in three. Persons is going to get me in trouble again, because Donnie wants PERSONS to sound human.

I know Donnie doesn't like "persons" nor "Trinity." Well, if nothing else it gives him ammo for his Catholicism slander of me.

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 9th, 2015, 4:40 pm #9

glorify GOD [Theos],

LU trinitarians say that
There is ONE God Jesus

the MAN Christ Jesus;

Ken, I'm not understanding much of what you are posting on this subject. It is most likely me but it could also be your intentions?

April 9th, 2015, 8:37 pm #10

"1+1+1 = 3 but they THREE are one in that they always AGREE with one another. John says that if you deny the FATHER and the SON you are ANTI-Christs."

So, you are saying that "God in Three Persons, blessed (leave out the Trinity if you can't stomach it)"

You are saying the same thing. You said there "THREE are one"

Yes, they always agree with one another.

I Timothy 3
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen
..."

God manifest in the flesh

Colossians 2
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

What does Godhead mean.....anything like what Ken called "THREE are one," or God in three persons? Three are one, God being ONE, therefore in three. Persons is going to get me in trouble again, because Donnie wants PERSONS to sound human.

I know Donnie doesn't like "persons" nor "Trinity." Well, if nothing else it gives him ammo for his Catholicism slander of me.
Notice that I posted what Lipscomb University teaches contrary to all historic writers who use "trinity" or the restoration leaders and preachers before the universities were confiscated.

Lipscomb Universities trinitarians say that
There is ONE God Jesus

THAT IS THE LU DOGMA SUPPORTED BY A NUMBER OF VOCAL PREACHERS.

There are several TRUMP passages which must not be changed when passages are misunderstood or used deliberately to defend the historic Catholic trinity which is father, mother, son.

the MAN Christ Jesus;

Godhead in the trinity sense is pictured as ONE being with three heads. The word means "Divine Nature." Believers also have the Divine Nature but they are not Jehovahs.

<font face="arial" size="4">Saying that God was manifest in the flesh means that Jesus was the "image" of God. Again, giving God credit, He could have said that GOD BECAME A HUMAN.

Phaneroo means to reveal or make clear but not to APPEAR as flesh

mănĭfesto to make public, discover, show clearly, exhibit, manifest

<font face="arial" size="4">I believe in monotheism: there is ONE GOD IN ONE DIVINE BEING. Trinitarians defines the tri nature just as Jesus does:

God the Father thinks or conceives.
God the Father breathes (spirit or inspiration)
The Man Jesus Christ as SON articulates the WORDS of God who IS the Word or regulative principle.

Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom. 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

</font></font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 9th, 2015, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.