You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)

Bill
Bill

April 15th, 2015, 1:01 pm #41

They mix for me. I'm so sorry they don't mix for you.

DCA
DCA

April 15th, 2015, 2:13 pm #42

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I find "God the Father" in my Bible numerous times.

I do NOT find "God the Son" in my Bible -- the theory or concept is man-made.

I'll admit that I do find "the Son of God" numerous times in my Bible.

"God the Son" and "the Son of God" do not mix.

I do NOT find "the Holy Spirit IS God" in my Bible.

I'll admit that I do find "the holy Spirit OF God" in my Bible.

Matt. 28:19 DOES NOT say "God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit."

2 John 1:3 -- "Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love."

That passage speaks volumes:

(1) From "God the Father"
(2) From "the Lord Jesus Christ"
(3) Jesus Christ is "the Son of the Father"
(4) Jesus Christ is "the Son of God the Father"
(5) It was God who made Jesus both Lord and Christ [/color]
Donnie,
Per this past post of yours, this is positive proof that you do not want to accept that you could be wrong and admit it. Jesus would never want to be called God the Son. He wanted the name given to Him, which is Jesus, Emanuel, the Son of God. He was always pleased/proud to be called and KNOWN as the Son of God.

Would a Jr want to be called Sr?

The fact is John 1 Jesus is given the same status as God whether you accept it or not. The name(s) is just your cloak and dagger of the situation. No, Jesus wasn't Jesus before He came to earth, but the Word/Logos eventually became Jesus....on earth....in the flesh....but as John 1 states unequivocally.....is God. If He WAS God, then He IS God. Again, it doesn't even give way to an argument. It is stated to be so, and IS SO.
Just as any proud father, here on earth, is so proud to lay on his son all the inheritance. all the glory of himself, so is God giving to the Son.
I hate to agree with Bill, but the point is well made....God manifested Himself in His Son, Jesus, in the flesh, here on earth. For you to deny this, is also to say that God simple can't do it, an does not have the power to do anything He wishes.

April 15th, 2015, 3:22 pm #43

They mix for me. I'm so sorry they don't mix for you.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I'm not surprised. I'm sure you think this way: "My father is/was I; I am/was my father" or some other relationship imaginable.

Thing is YOU are making it possible for the only begotten Son of God to send his Father to this world -- that mixes well for you.[/color]

April 15th, 2015, 4:21 pm #44

Donnie,
Per this past post of yours, this is positive proof that you do not want to accept that you could be wrong and admit it. Jesus would never want to be called God the Son. He wanted the name given to Him, which is Jesus, Emanuel, the Son of God. He was always pleased/proud to be called and KNOWN as the Son of God.

Would a Jr want to be called Sr?

The fact is John 1 Jesus is given the same status as God whether you accept it or not. The name(s) is just your cloak and dagger of the situation. No, Jesus wasn't Jesus before He came to earth, but the Word/Logos eventually became Jesus....on earth....in the flesh....but as John 1 states unequivocally.....is God. If He WAS God, then He IS God. Again, it doesn't even give way to an argument. It is stated to be so, and IS SO.
Just as any proud father, here on earth, is so proud to lay on his son all the inheritance. all the glory of himself, so is God giving to the Son.
I hate to agree with Bill, but the point is well made....God manifested Himself in His Son, Jesus, in the flesh, here on earth. For you to deny this, is also to say that God simple can't do it, an does not have the power to do anything He wishes.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

The Trinity Creed says:

1) God the Father
2) God the Son
3) God the Holy Spirit

So, you disagree with that part of the Trinity Creed (and Bill) regarding "God the Son"? Disagreeing with that part of the Creed may be a good thing -- the Scripture would consider it work-in-progress.

In your initial post, you commented: "Not just The Might[y] God, but Father also...." There's an equation in that comment: "Father = Son." Do you still subscribe to that equation? But now you seem to be making a distinction between "Father" and "Son." Please clarify your position.

This is correct: that it was the Word/LOGOS (NOT God the Father) which became flesh. Remember the many scriptures stating that there is ONLY ONE GOD, THE FATHER. That eliminates all others.[/color]

Bill
Bill

April 15th, 2015, 4:26 pm #45

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I'm not surprised. I'm sure you think this way: "My father is/was I; I am/was my father" or some other relationship imaginable.

Thing is YOU are making it possible for the only begotten Son of God to send his Father to this world -- that mixes well for you.[/color]
Donnie, even though we don't always agree, I trust that the sun will rise tomorrow on both of us, that the world will go on as usual.

BTW, do you have a favorite song that you listen to or sing that soothes you when people don't agree with you?

April 15th, 2015, 5:13 pm #46

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill, thanks for info about the sun ... and the world.

BTW, I have lots of favorite songs, one of which is "I Need Thee Every Hour." I sing it, though, not because "people don't agree with me." Definitely not because Bill disagrees with me.[/color]

DCA
DCA

April 15th, 2015, 5:45 pm #47

The Trinity Creed says:

1) God the Father
2) God the Son
3) God the Holy Spirit

So, you disagree with that part of the Trinity Creed (and Bill) regarding "God the Son"? Disagreeing with that part of the Creed may be a good thing -- the Scripture would consider it work-in-progress.

In your initial post, you commented: "Not just The Might[y] God, but Father also...." There's an equation in that comment: "Father = Son." Do you still subscribe to that equation? But now you seem to be making a distinction between "Father" and "Son." Please clarify your position.

This is correct: that it was the Word/LOGOS (NOT God the Father) which became flesh. Remember the many scriptures stating that there is ONLY ONE GOD, THE FATHER. That eliminates all others.[/color]
Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

If you have a problem with Jesus being called Father ("The everlasting Father), then take it up with God.

April 15th, 2015, 6:03 pm #48

Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?
Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not just The Might God, but Father also....

Revelation
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Lastly, even His Wonderful Name says it all....
Matthew 1
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God with us.

Try as you may.....

=====================================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

The original title of this thread remains the same: "You Ever Wonder Why???" Without editing the original message, I would like to append the first statement in your initial post to the title [which is]: "Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?"

I think this title is what you had in mind for the discussion: "You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)
[/color]
The Spirit OF Christ inspired Isaiah 9. It is bad to say that He was so ignorant that He said:

His NAME SHALL BE CALLED.

Instead of as claimed.

This "son" WILL BE GOD THE ALMIGHTY.

The ONE GOD THE FATHER made Jesus of Nazareth TO BE both lord and Christ. God the Father gave Jesus of Nazareth all of the authority of the NAME "Father, Son and Spirit." Jesus of Nazareth was CALLED Father, son and spirit because the ONE GOD THE FATHER gave him that authority.

SHALL BE is future tense--maybe Donnie will give us a lesson--which means that the "son" was NOT the ONE ALMIGHTY from all eternity

April 15th, 2015, 6:56 pm #49

Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

If you have a problem with Jesus being called Father ("The everlasting Father), then take it up with God.

I have no problem with the prophesied Messian's "name" being "called": "Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."

After all, Jesus said, "... All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Given by Whom? A simple deduction or inference would be that the "source" and the "recipient" are not the same. If the recipient already had it to begin with, there would be no point in him him being given or receiving that power. Therefore: "the mighty God" -- a NAME because of his role: with the POWER given to him by the ONLY ONE GOD THE FATHER.

It's the same truth about God the Father sending His only begotten Son to this world. The process is simply not interchangeable.

"The everlasting Father" -- a name by which the prophesied Messiah is/was to be "called." Adam was also "father" of the human race. But Adam died. Adam's life as a father was not eternal or everlasting. The resurrection of Jesus (the second Adam) proves his eternity. Jesus lives FOREVER. The keyword in that expression is "eternal" or "everlasting" -- that's not an exchange of role or personae between: (1) God the Father and (2) the Son of God.[/color]

Bill
Bill

April 15th, 2015, 7:01 pm #50

Isaiah 9 KJV

The Bible doesn't necessarily have to say the exact words, "Jesus is also God" or "God is also Jesus" or "Jesus is identical with God" for Jesus to be God. There are plenty of passages with that implication, such as the passage Dave cited, Isaiah 9:6. Emmanuel, meaning "God with us" in Matt. 1:23 is another passage. You just have to be receptive to what the Bible says to know that Jesus as the Word is also God.