April 14th, 2015, 10:28 pm #31

Donnie it's hard to be serious with the pagan myths.

This is an example from another post on another thread.

"Isis made his lost masculinity out of wood."

Ken is not being serious, he's being cute!

JMHO
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

I am convinced and feel confident that Ken has done his homework. His plethora of information from his extensive research is vast and beyond comparison -- change agents and copycat theologians considered.

In a way, I agree with you that "it's hard to be serious with the pagan myths." But there must be a reason for that. The reason being that often times the Christian mind that's been subjected to doctrines and teachings acquired from various forms of erroneous theology of past generations is no longer capable of comprehending the truth and real evidences. In other words, the "Christian mind" may tend to believe and practice teachings and rituals originating from pagan myths WITHOUT KNOWING IT.[/color]

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 14th, 2015, 10:33 pm #32

Ever since the Praise Singers depleted all of my Testesterone ken never jokes about penis power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus

Ancient Egypt
Statuette of Osiris with phallus and amulets

The phallus played a role in the cult of Osiris in ancient Egyptian religion. When Osiris' body was cut in 14 pieces, Set scattered them all over Egypt and his wife Isis retrieved all of them except one, his penis, which was swallowed by a fish; see the Legend of Osiris and Isis. Supposedly, Isis made a wooden replacement.

The phallus was a symbol of fertility, and the god Min was often depicted as ithyphallic, that is, with an erect penis.

To wit: Jochin and Boaz. The performers in Amos 8 were called "baskets of summer fruit" and in Revelation 18 "the lusted after fruits." ALL ritualistic worship is to prove that the senior pastor and worship leaders have the superior position.

This page has a great picture of the Egyptian etal trinity with Apis the golden calf as the image at mount Sinai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris_myth

The image of the goddess holding her child was used prominently in her worship—for example, in panel paintings that were used in household shrines dedicated to her. Isis's iconography in these paintings closely resembles and may have influenced the earliest Christian icons of Mary holding Jesus.[119]

The cross is a tree or a pointed paling: the cross was/is a phallic symbol: the clergy, as prophesied, would try to sodomize Jesus to prove their superiority.
Yes Ken, "Supposedly" you and Osiris would have made a great team and should have toured the world telling Knock-Knock jokes.

April 14th, 2015, 11:30 pm #33

Donnie, as much as you dwell on this subject, you must be trying to convince yourself that there is only one God instead of three separate "persons." Frankly, I don't know of any Christians today who believe in three separate "Gods" apart from God the Father. Of course, the vast majority of Christians do believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three separate manifestions of the SAME ONE GOD. Jesus is not only the Son of God but also God Himself. As Matt. 1:23 states, "God with us" refers to God coming to earth in the form of Jesus the man. Doubting people may say, "How can this be?" The answer is as Jesus said when his disciples doubted Him, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:26 KJV).

When they cannot fathom what omnipotent God is capable of doing, people in their ignorance often attribute human qualities to God. Either denying or failing to understand the omnipotence of God, people may say that since man cannot detach or send his own spirit out from himself, then neither can God send forth His Holy Spirit. But the New Testament indicates that God DOES send His Holy Spirit forth to do His bidding:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me" (John 15:26 KJV). We understand the Comforter to be the Holy Spirit, originating with God but sent by Jesus, Who is also God. Not all Christians can believe this.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you" (John 15:7 KJV). That is, Jesus will send the Holy Spirit from God after Jesus leaves the earth. Again, not all Christians can believe this.

"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them" (Acts 13:2 KJV). God sent forth His Holy Spirit to issue a command to them. Not all Christians can believe this, either.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill, there's much to be said about your quotes from John 15. (I think it would be best to cover the text in John 14-16 in its entirety.) We'll discuss that and other matters later on because so much material is being covered right now.

"God with us...." Since you and many others claim:

1. That there is "God the Father" [in Scripture];
2. That there is "God the Son" [NOT in Scripture];
3. That there is "God the Holy Spirit" [NOT in Scripture];

Please tell me if "God" in "God with us" refers to:

1. "God" the Father ... or
2. "God" the Son ... or
3. "God" the Holy Spirit ... or
4. Any one of the above ... or
5. All of the above at once.

Please tell me who comprises "us" in "God with us."

Let's "Keep It Simple, Stupid" -- the K.I.S.S. principle. Let's deal with this specific topic for now.[/color]

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 14th, 2015, 11:45 pm #34

Donnie it's hard to be serious with the pagan myths.

This is an example from another post on another thread.

"Isis made his lost masculinity out of wood."

Ken is not being serious, he's being cute!

JMHO
Ken said "Isis made his lost masculinity out of wood."

Ken is some expert, Isis was a "goddess".

I'm embarrassed for him. PLEASE DON'T POST!

Bill
Bill

April 15th, 2015, 12:23 am #35

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill, there's much to be said about your quotes from John 15. (I think it would be best to cover the text in John 14-16 in its entirety.) We'll discuss that and other matters later on because so much material is being covered right now.

"God with us...." Since you and many others claim:

1. That there is "God the Father" [in Scripture];
2. That there is "God the Son" [NOT in Scripture];
3. That there is "God the Holy Spirit" [NOT in Scripture];

Please tell me if "God" in "God with us" refers to:

1. "God" the Father ... or
2. "God" the Son ... or
3. "God" the Holy Spirit ... or
4. Any one of the above ... or
5. All of the above at once.

Please tell me who comprises "us" in "God with us."

Let's "Keep It Simple, Stupid" -- the K.I.S.S. principle. Let's deal with this specific topic for now.[/color]
5. God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit all at once: that is, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as in Matt. 28:19. Not three separate Gods but three different manifestations of the SAME ONE GOD.

"Us" comprises mankind. God literally dwelled with human beings as a man in the form of Jesus. That's what "God with us" means. Remember the passages we've previously covered other threads in which Jesus says He came down from heaven and would return above whence He came? There you have it.

That should be simple enough for you. Maybe not.

No doubt you'll want to continue the "argument," since we don't exactly see eye-to-eye about this. Suffice it to say that I doubt we ever will. Likewise, I doubt that we'll ever agree whether Jesus is eternal (which I believe) and whether Jesus was and is the Word Who was with God and was God in the beginning (which I also believe).

April 15th, 2015, 12:49 am #36

Yes Ken, "Supposedly" you and Osiris would have made a great team and should have toured the world telling Knock-Knock jokes.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Well, this seems to be a really deep subject for me.[/color]

April 15th, 2015, 1:27 am #37

Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?
Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not just The Might God, but Father also....

Revelation
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Lastly, even His Wonderful Name says it all....
Matthew 1
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God with us.

Try as you may.....

=====================================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

The original title of this thread remains the same: "You Ever Wonder Why???" Without editing the original message, I would like to append the first statement in your initial post to the title [which is]: "Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?"

I think this title is what you had in mind for the discussion: "You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)
[/color]
Jesus and John made it SIMPLE so that no one can be confused-confused-confused-confused

1. Jesus promised "another" Comforter or Paraclete: in different form.
2. Jesus said in John 14 I will come to you.
3. The same John said that the Paraclete was named Jesus Christ the Righteous.
4. God is Holy or WHOLLY Spirit: this is not His name.
5. As Jesus made the WORD visible and Audible; and Jesus said my WORDS are Spirit; and said as the Comforter "I" will come to you; he would receive the "promise" or ASSIGNMENT in Holy Spirit Form as the Head of His Kingdom.
6. God as Word or Logos does not speak of a "people" but He is the Regulative or Governing principle of the universe. A "rational discourse about God" can never be a people.
7. Jesus is still the Mind or Spirit of God as He protect His Words delivered once for all and supplying ALL that applies to life and Godliness.
8. When people say that "a" spirit endorsed their agenda after 40 days of prayer, don't drink their koolAid.
9. When we say that God is LOGOS or that GOD IS LOVE we neither make the LOGOS (words as spoken) nor LOVE members of a god family.

Here is a PITCHER SHOW so that no one can be confused.

April 15th, 2015, 2:37 am #38

5. God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit all at once: that is, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as in Matt. 28:19. Not three separate Gods but three different manifestations of the SAME ONE GOD.

"Us" comprises mankind. God literally dwelled with human beings as a man in the form of Jesus. That's what "God with us" means. Remember the passages we've previously covered other threads in which Jesus says He came down from heaven and would return above whence He came? There you have it.

That should be simple enough for you. Maybe not.

No doubt you'll want to continue the "argument," since we don't exactly see eye-to-eye about this. Suffice it to say that I doubt we ever will. Likewise, I doubt that we'll ever agree whether Jesus is eternal (which I believe) and whether Jesus was and is the Word Who was with God and was God in the beginning (which I also believe).
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I find "God the Father" in my Bible numerous times.

I do NOT find "God the Son" in my Bible -- the theory or concept is man-made.

I'll admit that I do find "the Son of God" numerous times in my Bible.

"God the Son" and "the Son of God" do not mix.

I do NOT find "the Holy Spirit IS God" in my Bible.

I'll admit that I do find "the holy Spirit OF God" in my Bible.

Matt. 28:19 DOES NOT say "God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit."

2 John 1:3 -- "Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love."

That passage speaks volumes:

(1) From "God the Father"
(2) From "the Lord Jesus Christ"
(3) Jesus Christ is "the Son of the Father"
(4) Jesus Christ is "the Son of God the Father"
(5) It was God who made Jesus both Lord and Christ [/color]

Bill
Bill

April 15th, 2015, 3:25 am #39

You've pitched this same argument many times before. Like I said, we don't agree on this subject matter.

April 15th, 2015, 4:17 am #40

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"'God the Son' and 'the Son of God' do not mix."[/color]