You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)

April 9th, 2015, 11:06 pm #11

Here is the Mormon trinity. I believe that they say that Jesus is the god of THIS earth and you can be god over yours and that is why literal or celestial marriages are required unless you want an earth to yourself. A Mormon discusses John Mark Hicks model:

Bill
Bill

April 10th, 2015, 1:01 am #12

Thank goodness we don't subscribe to the "Mormon Trinity," since we are not Mormons. We subscribe to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as mentioned in Matt. 28:19 and that are three different manifestations of ONE GOD.

DCA
DCA

April 10th, 2015, 1:53 am #13

That God cannot be God and also be the Son is puny, human thinking. It limits God's infinite capacity. Likewise, saying that because physical man cannot detach his spirit from himself to be a separate entity, then neither can omnipotent God detach His Holy Spirit from Himself to be a separate entity is puny, human thinking. If God were not able to manifest Himself as God as well as the Son as well as the Holy Ghost as three separate entities in ONE BEING, then Jesus never would have mentioned the three separate entities of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Matt. 28:19. Man has limited possibilities, but with God, ALL THINGS are possible.

Remember, Jesus instructed His disciples that he who had seen Him had seen the Father, and that He and the Father were one. God sent Himself to earth in the form of the man Jesus, yet God was in heaven at the same time. Therefore, God, Jesus, and yes, the Holy Spirit, are one and the same, just different manifestations of the SAME entity.
Acts 2
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Yes, God made the Word/Logos that was God in the beginning to be Jesus in the flesh. That is not under debate.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 17
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus is stating that as stated in John.....He was with God before the world began

John 17
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Not....they WERE one.....but they ARE one

On that last verse, tell Donnie about our 'Speak that which is written'. He doesn't want to take it literal. He believes that they were ONE in heart. Kind of like Obama when he doesn't believe that homosexuality is really a sin because that it might not be literal.

April 10th, 2015, 5:14 pm #14

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Yes, that is very clear: All of the Apostles were really just ONE Apostle.

April 10th, 2015, 5:53 pm #15

I have posted Rubel Shelly's sermon on the LOGOS.

http://www.piney.com/RSLogos.html

The Logos can never be a people except in the New Hermeneutics. The LOGOS is called the REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE and it is exercised by God as the WORD as the ANTITHESIS of the ANTI-Christians who claim that God ARTICULATES with them.

In ALL of the original writings on TRIAD, the SON of God is the WORD of God. Jesus was not with God even when God spoke by the SPIRIT OF CHRIST in the abostles: in these LAST days God the WORD speaks through Jesus His SON. We are SONS (disciples) only when we teach and obey the LOGOS of the FATHER (teacher)

LOGOS is the opposite of personal experiences, opinion, rhetoric, singing, poetry, playing instruments, acting or dancing. When WE speak the WORDS of God WE participate in the glory of God in all that He has done. In the same we we are PROPHESYING when we speak that which is INSPIRED.

Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom. 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

H. BAMFORT PARKS NOTES the common PAGAN views Scriptures REPUDIATE and assign only to God and His articulated WORDS which are never "people" -- in my rational mind

Among pagans, words were not for information but for controlling the forces of the universe. If you had "charisma" or possessed irrational, emotional or sexual abnormalities. They would free you from PRODUCTIVE work and support you to control the "gods".

"They know the sounds words and gestures by which these forces are put in motion, and not content with using them for their own benefit they also teach their worshippers the art of employing them.

Thot formed no exception to this rule. He was the lord of the voice, master of words and books, possessor and inventor of those magic writings which nothing in heaven, on earth or in hades can withstand.

He had discovered the incantations which evoke and CONTROL the gods; he had transcribed the texts and noted the melodies of these incantations; he recited them with that true intonation which renders them all powerful, and every one, whether god or man to whom he imparted them, and whose voice he made true became like himself the master of the universe.

"Praise singers" ALWAYS claim the power to control the gods: that defines them as witches or sorcerers because their words evoke the false "spirits": they are the world's first professionals.

Note again that the ONE GOD THE FATHER breathed (spirit) and Jesus was the lips or "double edged sword" when He articulated them. ALL may be ONE only when the speak that which the FATHER revealed to and through Jesus Christ. The MARK of articulating on the Fathers (Teacher) Words is that you will be hated, despised, and people will VIOLATE and repudiate the LOGOS by "speaking their own words."
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 10th, 2015, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2015, 5:57 pm #16

Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?
Isaiah 9 KJV
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not just The Might God, but Father also....

Revelation
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Lastly, even His Wonderful Name says it all....
Matthew 1
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God with us.

Try as you may.....

=====================================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

The original title of this thread remains the same: "You Ever Wonder Why???" Without editing the original message, I would like to append the first statement in your initial post to the title [which is]: "Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?"

I think this title is what you had in mind for the discussion: "You Ever Wonder Why??? (Why Jesus was called God in Isaiah?)
[/color]

Bill
Bill

April 10th, 2015, 6:03 pm #17

Yes, that is very clear: All of the Apostles were really just ONE Apostle.
Ken forgets that 12 physical men cannot be one physical apostle. Yet God, being spiritual and omnipotent, can be one and the same with Jesus, whether on earth or in heaven, and with the Holy Spirit as well. Ken keeps forgetting that with God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

Bill
Bill

April 10th, 2015, 6:20 pm #18

Acts 2
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Yes, God made the Word/Logos that was God in the beginning to be Jesus in the flesh. That is not under debate.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 17
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus is stating that as stated in John.....He was with God before the world began

John 17
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Not....they WERE one.....but they ARE one

On that last verse, tell Donnie about our 'Speak that which is written'. He doesn't want to take it literal. He believes that they were ONE in heart. Kind of like Obama when he doesn't believe that homosexuality is really a sin because that it might not be literal.
"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (John 17:5).

This is just one of a number of verses that show Jesus, as The Word, was not only with God, but that Jesus was also God, even before God created the world. To say, as some do, that "Jesus became Jesus" in the world is deliberate satire that denies what the New Testament teaches, that God and Jesus are one and the same, just different manifestations of ONE ETERNAL GOD.

April 10th, 2015, 6:23 pm #19

God cannot lie.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Jesus the SPIRIT claimed to guide Paul into all truth.
Paul defined GOD and then defined Jesus as the Christ.
Paul was "one" in speaking only what He heard and Paul did not define Jesus as a GOD PERSON. Christ means anointed as the Messiah. Why would ONE GOD anoint ANOTHER God or even anoint HIMSELF?

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

All things were before the foundation of the World in God's mind Who does not punch a time clock.

Titus 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace,
from God [Theos] the Father
and the Lord [kurios] Jesus Christ our Saviour.

God gives ALL of the power vested in the always-pagan father, spirit (mother) and son to the MEN JESUS CHRIST. Jesus becomes our Saviour by speaking ONLY what He heard from the Father: this makes father and son one.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;

and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Jesus is a KURIOS person or ruler: kurios makes him the lord of the vineyard but not the OWNER of the vineyard. Paul guided by Christ in Spirit DENIES that Jesus as one of the three God persons.

God cannot lie: there is just ONE GOD THE FATHER: you claim that God is an idiot by saying that He FAILED TO SAY "there is one god: father, son and spirit." Claiming God is an idiot is dangerous but Purpose-Driven.

DCA
DCA

April 11th, 2015, 11:45 pm #20

Ken said "
Jesus is a KURIOS person or ruler: kurios makes him the lord of the vineyard but not the OWNER of the vineyard. Paul guided by Christ in Spirit DENIES that Jesus as one of the three God persons."

Ken, when you contend to ONLY 'speak that which is written" but offer NO Scripture to back that Paul DENIES that Jesus is one of the three God persons, I know one thing for sure.....God certainly does not lie. God did not make this contention that you spew forth. YOU made that contention with NO Biblical support.

In John chapter 1 the author speaks very supportive of the Word/Logos (that later became Jesus in the flesh) being part of God, therefore Diety Itself.