Wrong is Always Wrong!

Wrong is Always Wrong!

Dave
Dave

June 27th, 2011, 4:36 pm #1

Donnie,
I, and others, have told you time and time again that Ken is against ALL music, whether instrumental or a capella. You have vehemently denied such.
At the Richland Hills church area, and on May 10th Ken Sublett wrote....
"There is no command, example or remote inference that the godly people ever attended a worship service with congregational singing with or without instruments."

No denying now, eh?

June 27th, 2011, 5:14 pm #2

If you READ recorded history you know that there is NO METER in the Bible.
The Catholics did not sing the text in a tuneful sense. The organ did not accompany the reading or chanting of the Bible: that would be insulting.

The Protestants did not do congregational singing: it was impossible if you REED historic RIGHTING.

The Protestants permitted the radical REwriting of some psalms (only) to be set to a simple meter to be sung in UNISON (only)

This is a matter of history: you can decide what is permitted.

R*
R*

June 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm #3

Donnie,
I, and others, have told you time and time again that Ken is against ALL music, whether instrumental or a capella. You have vehemently denied such.
"There is no command, example or remote inference that the godly people ever attended a worship service with congregational singing with or without instruments."

No denying now, eh?
Deja vu all over again. Donnie will bail Ken out once again. Ken will be strangely quiet for a while. We have seem it again and again. Ken will not answer the direct questions when asked. It a cycle that never ends.

Ken, do you want to break the cycle? Wanna tell us how you really feel?

June 27th, 2011, 9:31 pm #4

The Catholics did not sing the text in a tuneful sense. The organ did not accompany the reading or chanting of the Bible: that would be insulting.

The Protestants did not do congregational singing: it was impossible if you REED historic RIGHTING.

The Protestants permitted the radical REwriting of some psalms (only) to be set to a simple meter to be sung in UNISON (only)

Only later was human compositions sung with instrumental accompaniment.

For a time many would admit no metre at all in the Psalms. Davison (Hast., "Dict. of the Bible", s. v.) writes: "though metre is not discernible in the Psalms, it does not follow that rhythm is excluded". This rhythm, however, "defies analysis and systematization". Driver ("Introd. to Lit. of O. T.", New York, 1892, 339) admits in Hebrew poetry "no metre in the strict sense of the term". Exegetes who find metre in the Psalms are of four schools, according as they explain Hebrew metre by quantity, by the number of syllables, by accent, or by both quantity and accent.(from The Catholic Encyclopedia)

So all of the DISCORDERS lie, lie, lie without regard to what I believe.
No, David never sang and played the harp musically.
No, the Levites never played musically: it's called noise.
No, no one in the New Testament sang tunefully.
No, the Catholics did not sing tunefully.
No, the protestants did not sing tunefully.

At the time of the Restoration the Presbyterian churches sang only the REwritten psalms with no accompaniment.

No, when "she flew from the room" i can be dogmatically certain that she did not fly on an airplane.

Is that understandable? If you want to sing you can do so without knowing that you will sow discord and cast about half of the people out of their own synagogue.

You cannot add instruments without snickering that you can defeat the old non-instrumentalists. Jesus commanded that we teach what He commanded to be taught: He did not command any kind of music: he repudiated all of the instrumentalists under the Monarchy.

A disciple would want to hear what Jesus taught and left for His disciples. An anti disciple would act up and act out to "make the lambs dumb befor the slaugher." It's in the book: it's absolute and the musicators have slipped over the edge and there can be no redemption.

R*
R*

June 27th, 2011, 10:51 pm #5

Here goes...Ken is congregational SINGING as practiced today in Churches of Christ sinful in your opinion?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 27th, 2011, 10:56 pm #6

Deja vu all over again. Donnie will bail Ken out once again. Ken will be strangely quiet for a while. We have seem it again and again. Ken will not answer the direct questions when asked. It a cycle that never ends.

Ken, do you want to break the cycle? Wanna tell us how you really feel?
R* wrote: "We have seem [sic] it again and again" and "It [sic] a cycle that never ends."

How do you "seem" something again and again?

That second sentence lacks a verb, unless R* is practicing Ebonics, which is bastardized English. Try this: "It IS a cycle that never ends."

Dave
Dave

June 28th, 2011, 12:32 am #7

Donnie,

No denying now, eh?
Well done Bill......you couldn't find fault with the message so, as usual, you slander the messenger.

As I said before....some things never change. Modus operandi. Check my spelling old man!

Dave
Dave

June 28th, 2011, 1:43 am #8

Donnie,

No denying now, eh?
Ken,
You should have run for president the way you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

June 28th, 2011, 2:31 pm #9

Well done Bill......you couldn't find fault with the message so, as usual, you slander the messenger.

As I said before....some things never change. Modus operandi. Check my spelling old man!
Actually, Dave, there wasn't much of any substance to R*'s "message," so the corrections needed to be exposed.

Now, since you invited me to correct YOUR message, Dave, you wrote: "Well done Bill..." Since a noun being addressed is set off by a comma, you FAILED to insert the comma. It should be "Well done, Bill." The same goes for "Check my spelling old man." That should be "Check my spelling, old man."

Also, you don't need all those ellipses (...) to express yourself:

"Well done, Bill. You couldn't find fault with the message so, as usual, you slander the messenger." "As I said before, some things never change."

Since you're so bent on being obnoxious, Dave, you might as well be grammatically correct. You need to return to the SGP thread for a refresher course on these subjects, boy.

Dave
Dave

June 28th, 2011, 5:47 pm #10

Donnie,

No denying now, eh?
Thank you William, for you have proven again that you do have to know the Truth to be a Christian.
Slander isn't a part of the Truth.