World History of the Stone-Campbell Movement

World History of the Stone-Campbell Movement

April 7th, 2012, 2:53 am #1

http://www.piney.com/Preview.World.Hist ... ement.html

Disciples of Christ payrolling "Church of Christ" scholars to further their movement of world unity which would certainly give encouragement to Churches of Christ when Jesus asks "Will He find faith when He returns?" No, almost none.

Funding for this project has been provided principally by Disciples of Christ Historical Society and Chalice Press.

We will note that the Chalice is the exact image of the WINE CUP defined in the Book of Revelation. The use of instrumental music is the absolute SIGN since the BEAST in Revelation is not an animal but speaks of the Satyric Drama (Cappella the goat song) and "A New Style of Music or Drama."

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 11th, 2012, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scripture
Scripture

October 17th, 2012, 12:10 am #2

Ken,

I've looked at this site, and it appears far more hostile than the Madison COC site.

I noticed when I lived in a state west of Tennessee, that they were much more likely to fight, and be quite frank withone another.

I do agree with you that the version of the "Stone-Campbell" as taught in college is far too "sanitized." I don't like calling it "Stone-Campbell" since that particularizes it too much. It also overlooks the tremendous contributions of Tolbert and wife Charlotte Hall Fanning and the Lipscombs.