WIll the Real Peter Bohossian Stand UP

Dave
Dave

May 23rd, 2016, 1:50 am #1

Peter,
If this is really you, and I doubt it to be so, the question isn't whether there is a God or not, but the mere fact is whether you believe Him or not.

The Grand Design, by S. Hawking, was criticized by many scientists as bull. As far as not having any direct proven research to back such outlandish theorem, there is the more muted basic criticism, as shown by British scientist Baroness Greenfield. He said, about the book and Hawking's unrelenting diatribe; "Of course they can make whatever comments they like, but when they assume, rather in a Taliban-like way, that they have all the answers, then I do feel uncomfortable.
For the more critically minded thinkers and scientist, The Economist mentioned this about the book..."The authors' interpretations and extrapolations of it have not been subjected to any decisive tests, and it is not clear that they ever could be. Once upon a time it was the province of philosophy to propose ambitious and outlandish theories in advance of any concrete evidence for them. Perhaps science, as Professor Hawking and Mr Mlodinow practice it in their airier moments, has indeed changed places with philosophy, though probably not quite in the way that they think."

Peter, if you are Peter, explain, with all your crtically thinking/minded self.....the human body. Even with all science and trillions of years of evolution, theorems, etc., you can't do it. Once upon a time, this miracle of breathing at night and the heart pumping blood to your body without us even knowing it or telling it to, someone nanmed them involuntary systems. Good for them. Even IF....IF...this earth were to be 200 trillion years old, it could never produce involutary systems from just something, and for sure, from nothing. It is impossible. There is a God. So you can tell me that I should be ready to believe facts over myth and opinion. You speak of science and truth, yet you can believe the big bang theory???

Science has it's place, but not trying to redefine God. It cannot be done.

May 23rd, 2016, 2:23 pm #2

Hawkings works out an equation and says mechanically "Therefore we have proven that we do not need a God."

Let them imagine and we can admire but someone will come along with new "imaginations" but we just have to have FAITH that he and dave and doc are not just figments (fragments) of my solitary MIND.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2m35N3DJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYAdwS5MFjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk

Of course NASA exists to seek and search for life which came in on a block of ice because they all know that even if you are given all of the matter it will never be able to contemplate its belly button--if it has one.

Just be humble enough to grasp that Moses wrote about the creation and creation (bara) as to CAST DOWN after instrumental-trinitarian-perverted rising up AGAINST God in "play". Jesus warned about "parables" which God supplied for the merchants of their own songs and sermons to make them BLIND AND DEAF (2 Cor 3) until they are converted to Christ which has the same meaning as what Thomas Campbell defined as "the first act of worship" by being baptized.

Then they can read the same text and grasp that the LORD IS THE SPIRIT. This will guard against the amoral "worship ACTS" performed by hired actors

Black text on white paper which can not be "reasoned" into something else says that those who have been baptized INTO Christ have been "washed with water INTO the Word" or into the school of Christ in the PROPHETS and APOSTLES and not into the exorcism of Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned Levites.

The Lord's Supper is an act of WORSHIP in that DISCIPLES confess that Jesus died to be the authoritative teacher so that Paul sits down and silences BOTH male and female so that "we might all be SAFE and come to a knowledge of the truth.

This enables the Campbell's second act of worship is READING AND MUSING THE WORD OF GOD.

Human opinions in song or sermons are ANTI-LOGOS which is defined as the REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE. Because Jesus was the Sight and Sound of God defined as regulative or governing principle and not a PERSON a bit taller than Jesus. That like the "three people god" is therefore the meaning of ANTICHRIST. The Spirit OF Christ breathing into the prophets outlawed seeking your own pleasure or SPEAKING YOUR OWN WORDS. That's why the World, Kosmos or the Ecumenical cannot TOLERATE a Spiritual world or being greater than themselves.

http://www.piney.com/RMTCWorship.html

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 23rd, 2016, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 23rd, 2016, 6:08 pm #3

Peter,
If this is really you, and I doubt it to be so, the question isn't whether there is a God or not, but the mere fact is whether you believe Him or not.

The Grand Design, by S. Hawking, was criticized by many scientists as bull. As far as not having any direct proven research to back such outlandish theorem, there is the more muted basic criticism, as shown by British scientist Baroness Greenfield. He said, about the book and Hawking's unrelenting diatribe; "Of course they can make whatever comments they like, but when they assume, rather in a Taliban-like way, that they have all the answers, then I do feel uncomfortable.
For the more critically minded thinkers and scientist, The Economist mentioned this about the book..."The authors' interpretations and extrapolations of it have not been subjected to any decisive tests, and it is not clear that they ever could be. Once upon a time it was the province of philosophy to propose ambitious and outlandish theories in advance of any concrete evidence for them. Perhaps science, as Professor Hawking and Mr Mlodinow practice it in their airier moments, has indeed changed places with philosophy, though probably not quite in the way that they think."

Peter, if you are Peter, explain, with all your crtically thinking/minded self.....the human body. Even with all science and trillions of years of evolution, theorems, etc., you can't do it. Once upon a time, this miracle of breathing at night and the heart pumping blood to your body without us even knowing it or telling it to, someone nanmed them involuntary systems. Good for them. Even IF....IF...this earth were to be 200 trillion years old, it could never produce involutary systems from just something, and for sure, from nothing. It is impossible. There is a God. So you can tell me that I should be ready to believe facts over myth and opinion. You speak of science and truth, yet you can believe the big bang theory???

Science has it's place, but not trying to redefine God. It cannot be done.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Great post, Dave.

Notice in Ken's post addressing Doc:
[/color]
[color=#000000" size="4" face="aerial]_______________________
Re: What is faith? [also the name of the thread]
May 21 2016, 3:02 PM

... if you are selling stuff including OPINIONS then maybe you need to get your own forum. Faith is one of those things prophesied by Christ that He would establish as UMBRELLICUM which was to protect the LITTLE FLOCK of lost spirits from any and all theologians or merchants.

That leaves the LAMBS free to just READ the stories as RECORDED--truth or opinions--from which we can learn what NOT to do. We learn from all historic epics and in the Old Testament we understand the evil nature of the Civil-Military-Clergy complex which enslaved and enslaves others.

The atheist view is a FAITH based on personal opinions and God said that the imagination of man is only evil continually. Scholarship posts on WHAT IS and does not try to REWRITE.
_______________________[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I think Dr. Peter or his staff or someone else has already completed the advertisement (selling). Probably had done a search on "Church of Christ" forums, came across ConcernedMembers [and other forums], did its thingy, never to return.[/color]

May 23rd, 2016, 9:05 pm #4

This Quack Doctor has the ip 67.140.247.183 which is Lexington, North Carolina.

The real doctor is a full-time faculty member at Portland State University. He was born an atheist and therefore has preconceptions in his DNA.

Boghossian: If you squint your eyes this looks like Boss Hog! That sounds more like North Carolina to me

So, based on about 15 years of experience lets just call him Davie Unmasked/
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 23rd, 2016, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.