Why Worship At Madison Church Of Christ In October Of 2013?

Gerald
Gerald

October 16th, 2013, 3:24 am #1

We must be standing for the truth as in the days of the Apostle Paul. Too many preachers and elders in The Church have failed to be loyal to Christ and His Word. I observe too many Christians water-skiing across Scripture and using it only as a fast-food diet. Not only is our society Biblically illiterate, so is The Church. As I see it there are only about 2 in every 7 Churches Of Christ that do not need to repent, just as The Churches Of Asia Minor in Revelation chapters 2-3. We must be educating and challenging those who claim to be Christians to make sure they are in a Biblically Sound Church Of Christ. We need to be firing preachers, making elders accountable, and praying for revival of The Church and of The United States Of America! Now I will get to my question. In reading some of the material on this forum it seems that those moderating the comments worship at the Madison Congregation and presume have since before 2004 when this effort began to call attention to the change agents and change movement. Brothers, why are you still worshipping there? You must shake the dust off your feet and not associate with the false worship and false teaching any longer! You should know that the appearance of assembling is one of agreement and you are not acting with clarity in separating from this liberal and unrepentant group of ungodly elitists who care more about worshipping (aka entertaining) with instruments and clapping rather than in simplicity of spirit and truth. They parade women in the front allowing them to pray and act as equals. My prediction is that it will not be politically correct for them to speak against abortion before long and even homosexuality. I never thought I would think such things. But understand that once you compromise truth for a predominantly grace approach there is a domino effect. I commend the creators of this public forum and I plead with you in the name of Jesus Christ to continue the good fight of faith and remain steadfast and firm in your resolve to stand for what is right. It seems that you are one of the only ones on the internet who is willing to put God's Word before opinion.

October 16th, 2013, 3:51 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Thanks for posting your message, Gerald. Let's let others speak.[/color]

October 16th, 2013, 6:02 pm #3

We must be standing for the truth as in the days of the Apostle Paul. Too many preachers and elders in The Church have failed to be loyal to Christ and His Word. I observe too many Christians water-skiing across Scripture and using it only as a fast-food diet. Not only is our society Biblically illiterate, so is The Church. As I see it there are only about 2 in every 7 Churches Of Christ that do not need to repent, just as The Churches Of Asia Minor in Revelation chapters 2-3. We must be educating and challenging those who claim to be Christians to make sure they are in a Biblically Sound Church Of Christ. We need to be firing preachers, making elders accountable, and praying for revival of The Church and of The United States Of America! Now I will get to my question. In reading some of the material on this forum it seems that those moderating the comments worship at the Madison Congregation and presume have since before 2004 when this effort began to call attention to the change agents and change movement. Brothers, why are you still worshipping there? You must shake the dust off your feet and not associate with the false worship and false teaching any longer! You should know that the appearance of assembling is one of agreement and you are not acting with clarity in separating from this liberal and unrepentant group of ungodly elitists who care more about worshipping (aka entertaining) with instruments and clapping rather than in simplicity of spirit and truth. They parade women in the front allowing them to pray and act as equals. My prediction is that it will not be politically correct for them to speak against abortion before long and even homosexuality. I never thought I would think such things. But understand that once you compromise truth for a predominantly grace approach there is a domino effect. I commend the creators of this public forum and I plead with you in the name of Jesus Christ to continue the good fight of faith and remain steadfast and firm in your resolve to stand for what is right. It seems that you are one of the only ones on the internet who is willing to put God's Word before opinion.
ACU and others have tried to dialog with the International Church of Christ. I have some personal experience with that background developing into the modern move against the Word of God. I just watched this report and I know of personal examples of people being wrecked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWVitng5ro

Do you see that happening as people are brainwashed by "praise music" and small groups to "divide and conquer?"

Bill
Bill

October 16th, 2013, 6:24 pm #4

It's quite well known among the discerning that if you wanna draw in the crowds, you give "doing church" the look and feel of a performing arts center or the rowdy, carefree atmosphere of a sports event. But the real brainwashing takes place among the "small groups," where a smiling "facilitator" subtly shapes the group's mindset according to whatever agenda s/he has in store. "Group-think" replaces individual thought and reason. If you don't go along with the group, you're treated like an outcast. Everyone eventually wants to "belong" to the group, so they go along to get along.

Coach
Coach

October 16th, 2013, 7:06 pm #5

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Thanks for posting your message, Gerald. Let's let others speak.[/color]
Gerald seems to contradict himself. Stay and fight or buckle under and leave? Which one is it Gerald? BTW, Gerald have you not heard of a "balcony pass"?

_Coach
_Coach

December 10th, 2013, 10:48 pm #6

It's quite well known among the discerning that if you wanna draw in the crowds, you give "doing church" the look and feel of a performing arts center or the rowdy, carefree atmosphere of a sports event. But the real brainwashing takes place among the "small groups," where a smiling "facilitator" subtly shapes the group's mindset according to whatever agenda s/he has in store. "Group-think" replaces individual thought and reason. If you don't go along with the group, you're treated like an outcast. Everyone eventually wants to "belong" to the group, so they go along to get along.
Maybe it's time for some of you (moderators included) to move on. It has been over 10 years now and your efforts (mostly gossip) have had no results in changing Madison.

It is apparent that CM does not agree with many core beliefs of the COC anyway. Some people just like to complain about every little thing. I find nowhere in this forum where CM have said anything positive about any local Church of Christ.

If possible, find a local Church that you can agree with and worship God in a positive way. Try it and you might like it.

Madison is not the first Church to split and will not be the last. Get over it and move on.

December 11th, 2013, 2:32 am #7

I agree: I promise to move on just as soon as my feet leave the ground leaving you and my computer behind.

The game isn't over until it is over I learned from watching Tennis and Football: sometimes a 110 yard return decides the fate.

I don't know about numbers: there may be 14,000 congregations world-wide: YOU get about 20 and JESUS gets 13990. Only the ELECT will barely be saved and only when Jesus swoops in just before the end of the 4th quarter: no turning back, no turning back!

As I calculate it with the over 3 million Jews at one time (more or less) I believe the 120 disciples were the prophesied tiny remnant still alive in Jerusalem at the first advent. Shall He find faith when He returns? No: almost none. Remember my lost spirits thesis which is fairly well documented? Only they will gladly hear the awaited invitation and be baptized: those have their spirits translated into a heavenly kingdom. Neither Jesus nor the TEACHERS are OF the World marked by Cosmic worship of praise singers. The remnant, both male and female, will obey 1 Timothy 2 and sit down, shut up and hear the Word (only) preached by being READ if there is one APT elder.

Madison had over 5000, drifted down to about 3300 after the Jubilee when Steve Flatt and Rubel Shelly got through with that. I believe this is "Scriptures" GROWTH PROFILE so Madison gets maybe half of the 1300 and Jesus gets the rest of the 5000 plus. Maybe they still count the 300 in county jail?

<font face="arial" size="4">With that growth profile I suggest that the elders and STAFF offer their services to the Obama Health Scare Movement. (reminds me: I just had to do another kitty enema: maybe I should volunteer?)

</font>

Scripture
Scripture

December 11th, 2013, 3:35 am #8

Maybe it's time for some of you (moderators included) to move on. It has been over 10 years now and your efforts (mostly gossip) have had no results in changing Madison.

It is apparent that CM does not agree with many core beliefs of the COC anyway. Some people just like to complain about every little thing. I find nowhere in this forum where CM have said anything positive about any local Church of Christ.

If possible, find a local Church that you can agree with and worship God in a positive way. Try it and you might like it.

Madison is not the first Church to split and will not be the last. Get over it and move on.

_Coach said:

It is apparent that CM does not agree with many core beliefs of the COC anyway.

The real question is what are the core beliefs of the Madison Church [of Christ]?

Their site now has madisoncofc.org pointing to madisonchurctn.org, so I think there is reason to suspect it is no longer a "Church of Christ."

Their newly designed site shows a serious departure from earlier beliefs--see "What We Believe" under "I'm New". This is a copy almost word for word from a community church. Several COC doctrines are either denied or serious watered down. Others are corrupted.

That I said "COC doctrines" does not imply that I think these are not Bible doctrines. Al Maxey has rejected the new birth's connection with baptism, which he said was not a sacrament.

As I have previously noted, and as Ken has shown in the reprint of the growth chart, nothing has reversed the congregation's decline.

First, Rick Warren was going to rejuvenate the church. This was tried twice. Then the church went "orange." Then the second service was going to try to innovate worship. Then Judah Smith was going to revitalize the church.

Neither Rick Warren, nor orange, nor Judah Smith believe that baptism has anything to do with the new birth. To them, baptism is a command has the same relation to salvation as "to be benevolent to your neighbor."

The Lord's Supper is not considered a "sacrament," but is just an "act of worship." According to this rationale, no blessings flow back to the believer from the Communion.

Still a latest attendance figure shows an actual decline. The church continues to lose members.

I will have to commend Madison's "What We Believe" however for this one thing, it says that "repentance" is part of salvation by grace, and it has not been clear to me that this is ever preached at Madison. But it is in their creed. The mere mention of repentance might drive away or be insensitive to "seekers." Some might think that God does not "unconditionally love them." At least some so think.

The critical connection of repentance with salvation is Biblical, but grace is so often pushed so front and center, we get the idea that God saves the sinner in an unrepented condition. Listen carefully whenever grace is emphasized in your local church of Christ, and if it is not connected in the same paragraph with repentance, then the speaker is very likely a "lawless person," or an "antinomian."

The increasingly frequent situation is that many are retaining the title "Church of Christ," when there is little doctrinal connection to other churches that wear that name.