Who is AntiChrist?

Who is AntiChrist?

September 2nd, 2012, 9:37 pm #1

September 3rd, 2012, 1:22 am #2

Scripture speaks of the FRUIT of the Spirit in contrast to the works of the Flesh. Paul had a conflict between HIS spirit and HIS flesh.

The Earnest of The Spirit: Alexander Campbell

http://www.piney.com/Alexander.Campbell ... pirit.html

"This is...understood by every attentive reader. The original phrase is hagiasmos pneumatos, and is found only in II. Thess. ii. 13; I. Pet. i. 2. In both places it appears to refer to the sanctification of the spirit of believers. It is literally rendered "sanctification [or holiness] of spirit." There is no article in the original and no epithet that suggests the Holy Spirit in either passage.
God has chosen men to salvation through (or by) holiness of spirit;
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
not through the holiness of HIS Spirit,
.....but through the holiness of THEIR spirit.

When Jesus prayed (John xvii.) for the sanctification or holiness of his disciples,
.....it was through the truth: "Sanctify them through the truth;
.....thy word is truth."
The belief of the truth is, therefore, by Paul associated with this holiness or sanctification of spirit.

The Spirit of God is frequently denominated in these days, "the Sanctifier." Let it be granted that it is the Spirit that sanctifies or sets apart men to God, still it must be argued from the Record
.....that he sanctifies them only through the truth or gospel believed.
A sanctified unbeliever is inconceivable;
.....and, as "without holiness [or sanctification of spirit] no man can see the Lord;
.....so, without faith, there can be no holiness, and no action acceptable to God.

All persons sanctified to God to any high office or function, were anointed, and thus consecrated to his special service. So all Christians, being priests,
.....are anointed or sanctified by the Holy Spirit
.....[135] through the obedience of the truth,
.....and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus,
.....cleansing their consciences from dead works to serve the living God."

In this we find the secret of the most usual epithet of the Spirit. It is the Spirit of holiness, because it is the Spirit of truth. It is the Holy Spirit, because by its influence it makes us holy; and these influences which sanctify are always by and through the truth. When God chose men to salvation, it was through sanctification of spirit; and as a means to this, it was through the belief of the truth.

This is opposed to the work of the flesh, the offspring of that principle, which under the law works death. The phrase "fruit of the Spirit," in the connection in which it stands, is equivalent to the fruit of the gospel. The gospel obeyed works out "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, fidelity, meekness, temperance: against such fruit there i s no law" (Gal. v.). Again, says Paul (Eph. v. 8). "Walk as children of light." (Now the fruit of this light [the Spirit] consists in all goodness, and righteousness, and truth.) "Be filled with the Spirit." "Let the word of Christ dwell richly in you," "singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs." Thus the phrases "Being filled with the Spirit," and "Having the word of Christ [gospel] dwelling richly in the heart," are explained by the same injunction to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, with grateful hearts to the Lord. Compare Eph. v. 18, 19, and Col. iii. 16.
</font>

September 3rd, 2012, 4:32 pm #3

Osiris, Isis and mature Horus

Isis mother of horus and Mary the mother of "god"

Since the "holy spirit" in the neo-Catholic trinity claims to lead you into the presence of God as measured by the "stimulation of pleasure centers" the holy spirit is really the MOTHER as prophesied in Revelation 17.

Here is THE trinity promoted at Lipscomb University: don't they all look like females?

John Mark Hicks LU: Iconic Trinitarianism

http://www.piney.com/John.Mark.Hicks.Ou ... Story.html

Andrei Rublev painted the Holy Trinity around 1411. He was beatified by the Russian Orthodox Church as St. Andrei solely for the extraordinary intensity and majesty of this icon. The image embodies the essence of Trinitarian dogma.

The icon portrays the visit of the angels to Abraham in Genesis 18 but excludes Abraham and Sarah from the picture in order to focus on the dogmatic meaning of the Trinity. The three sit around a table with a chalice as the centerpiece.

The figure on the left--the Father--is arrayed in an indistinct gold (a transcendent tone),
the figure in the middle--the Son--in brown (an earthy tone),
and the figure on the right--the Holy Spirit--in green (the vibrancy of living earth).
Each one is also dressed in blue to represent their equality--THEY are divine.
The unity and diversity of the triune life is thus pictured in vivid colors.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 3rd, 2012, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Racnor
Racnor

September 3rd, 2012, 5:08 pm #4

Ken, the words of Jesus.

Matthew 28:19

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

September 3rd, 2012, 5:25 pm #5

Excuse the image: my recliner is calling! Peter heard this and understood it as did all of the rest of the Bible writers and historic scholarship.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

September 3rd, 2012, 8:41 pm #6

Ken, the words of Jesus.

Matthew 28:19

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Racnor,

Although there are three entities mentioned in Matt. 28:19, it does not prove the Trinity Doctrine, invented by the Roman Catholic Church (cf. Council of Nicea), besides the RCC belief in another Trinity -- comprised of:

(1) the Father,
(2) the Son and
(3) the "Mother of God" known as the "Virgin Mary."

Anyway, based on the illustration, the "CHRISTIAN FAMILY" [? = creative indeed]:[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]________________ 1. What is the name of the Father?
________________ 2. What is the name of His Son?
________________ 3. What is the NAME of the Spirit OF the Lord? [It is HOLY (undoubtedly an adjective that describes the Spirit OF God, remember?).][/color]

Racnor
Racnor

September 4th, 2012, 12:53 am #7

Donnie and Ken, I merely posted the words of Christ in a thread named "Who is AntiChrist?". I posted an Image of the Godhead. I said nothing about the mother of God. Why is everyone so upset? Do you not believe in the Godhead? Is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit not in the Bible?

B
B

September 4th, 2012, 1:15 am #8

Does Racnor believe that "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" signify three completely separate, independently divine entities, or are they three designations or synonyms for only ONE divine entity?

September 4th, 2012, 1:26 am #9

Donnie and Ken, I merely posted the words of Christ in a thread named "Who is AntiChrist?". I posted an Image of the Godhead. I said nothing about the mother of God. Why is everyone so upset? Do you not believe in the Godhead? Is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit not in the Bible?
Father, Spirit and son or
Father Mother and mostly infantile little son is in ALL pagan triads.

God speaking through Jesus of Nazareth taught the ANTITHESIS of all pagan triads. A scholar from Lipscomb University wrote a book saying that BECAUSE all pagans believed that god was a family it was important that Christianity have its OWN trinity. Wrong.

Father, Son and Spirit are NEVER names of persons or people.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

How many doctorates or certificates do you need to miss that clear statement?

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father,
and the Father IN me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself:
but the Father that dwelleth IN me, he doeth the works.

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me:
or else believe me for the very works sake.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit OF truth;
whom the world cannot receive,
because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you
and shall be in you.

This is a SHOUTING PROOF that the always pagan "families of gods" is repudiated and proves that what the doubter who wanted to SEE the father believed that Jesus was going to show him another "person." Jesus was the IMAGE of the ONE GOD who has NOT other persons required to have OTHER talents (JWHicks).

Father and Son would be IN or Abide with believers because Jesus said MY WORDS are Spirit

Jesus was MADE TO BE both Lord and Christ: He was a son (as we are) but Jesus was the Spirit OF truth.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jesus would return with the promise or COMMISSION to be the living Spirit of the Church of which He is head.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more;
but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father,
and ye in me, and I in you

Therefore, the ALWAYS pagan trinity of father, spirit (mother) and son were MADE KNOWN in the God "image" of JUST ONE PERSON. This should prove that God the Father in heaven who made Jesus to be both Lord and Christ and to REPUDIATE the actual three PERSONS of the "god" families does not remotely teach a TRINITY OF CENTERS OF CONSCIOUSNESS (JMHICKS ETAL).

Christians can never do anything but create hostility and warfare with both Jews and Muslims who are NOT Polytheists.

Don't let it worry you if you cannot grasp it.

September 4th, 2012, 1:32 am #10

Does Racnor believe that "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" signify three completely separate, independently divine entities, or are they three designations or synonyms for only ONE divine entity?
To be consistent, those early pre-trinitarians who thought that father, son and spirit were names, baptized THREE TIMES.

I baptize you in the NAME of the father
I baptize you in the NAME of the spirit
I baptize you in the NAME of the son

Jesus said that HE has all of the authority of Father, Son and Spirit because God gave that to Him. He poured out His heart in John to make certain that it would be impossible for anyone to think that the Son was another "center of consciousness" who had certain talents for HIS dispensation.

With three strokes in "sprinkling" the Catholics do a 666 act