Where Have The Change Agents Gone?

Where Have The Change Agents Gone?

Sarge
Sarge

December 24th, 2016, 3:33 am #1

The "Concerned Members" seem to be content picking each other off these days. They also have turned away from the trusted KJV bible. Perhaps, Donnie can give us an update?

Comments Welcomed.

December 24th, 2016, 7:10 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Change Agents are still out there very busy operating in the brotherhood. They're subtly converting gullible and inept "shepherds" and other "church leaders" ... and transforming and transitioning their "Church of Christ" congregations into Community Churches.

Beware!!! If the Change Agents haven't arrived yet, they may be visiting your congregation soon!

God's Word is inerrant and must be TRUSTED. Translators are human and prone to error; they can be trusted until proven "doctrinally" biased. However, despite a few doctrine-biased passages mistranslated, the KJV remains as the preferred version. I quote passages from the KJV ONLINE.[/color]

Sarge
Sarge

December 24th, 2016, 11:25 am #3

Donnie states there are only a few mistranslated pages in the "KJV ONLINE". Perhaps, Donnie does not think the KJV qualifies to be a "BIBLE".

Is Donnie willing to list the mistranslated passages in the KJV bible?

Bill
Bill

December 24th, 2016, 1:53 pm #4

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Change Agents are still out there very busy operating in the brotherhood. They're subtly converting gullible and inept "shepherds" and other "church leaders" ... and transforming and transitioning their "Church of Christ" congregations into Community Churches.

Beware!!! If the Change Agents haven't arrived yet, they may be visiting your congregation soon!

God's Word is inerrant and must be TRUSTED. Translators are human and prone to error; they can be trusted until proven "doctrinally" biased. However, despite a few doctrine-biased passages mistranslated, the KJV remains as the preferred version. I quote passages from the KJV ONLINE.[/color]
When a person says that a Bible passage has been translated incorrectly because it is "doctrinally" biased, it means the passage clashes with that person's own peculiar theology. That person demonstrates his own bias with the following attitude, "All passages with which I take issue have obviously been mistranslated."

December 24th, 2016, 4:39 pm #5

Please Translate with no help!

Is. 3:1 For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,
Is. 3:2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,
Is. 3:3 The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.
Is. 3:4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

Isa. 3:16 Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:
Is. 3:17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.
Is. 3:18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,
Is. 3:19 The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,
Is. 3:20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,
Is. 3:21 The rings, and nose jewels,
Is. 3:22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins,
Is. 3:23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails.
Is. 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher<b> a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.
Is. 3:25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.
Is. 3:26 And her<b> gates shall lament and mourn
; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground. </b></b>

December 24th, 2016, 5:00 pm #6

When a person says that a Bible passage has been translated incorrectly because it is "doctrinally" biased, it means the passage clashes with that person's own peculiar theology. That person demonstrates his own bias with the following attitude, "All passages with which I take issue have obviously been mistranslated."
Bill "All passages with which I take issue have obviously been mistranslated."

Find a translation which refutes:

Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, [Theos]
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
even the Father
.....OF our Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods,
.....whether in heaven or in earth,
.....(as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but ONE God [Theos], the Father,
.....of whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ,
.....by whom are all things, and we by him.

</font>

Sarge
Sarge

December 24th, 2016, 5:30 pm #7

Ken, I consider you to be a CHANGE AGENT in the Church of Christ. I have doubts that you really belong in the Church of Christ. I think you just ride that pony so you have a platform.

Bill
Bill

December 24th, 2016, 6:25 pm #8

Bill "All passages with which I take issue have obviously been mistranslated."

Find a translation which refutes:

Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, [Theos]
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
even the Father
.....OF our Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods,
.....whether in heaven or in earth,
.....(as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but ONE God [Theos], the Father,
.....of whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ,
.....by whom are all things, and we by him.

</font>
More specifically, when Donnie says that a Bible passage has been translated incorrectly because it is "doctrinally" biased, Donnie really means the passage clashes with his own peculiar version of theology. Donnie demonstrates his bias by adopting the attitude that all passages with which he takes issue allegedly have been "mistranslated." No, there's nothing wrong with the translations; Donnie's bias compels him to reject them.

December 24th, 2016, 6:48 pm #9

Ken, I consider you to be a CHANGE AGENT in the Church of Christ. I have doubts that you really belong in the Church of Christ. I think you just ride that pony so you have a platform.
1. Define the meaning of a "Church of Christ."
2. What does a Church OF Christ believe as articles of faith?
3. What does a Church of Christ believe about "worship"? Define the acts.
4. What is the commanded funding of a Church of Christ?
5. Define the authorized "staff" of a local assembly.
6. Since Corinth is your "pattern" If YOUR congregation is destructive, do you command that people attend?

1Cor. 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1Cor. 11:17Geneva Now in this that I declare, I prayse you not, that ye come together, not with profite, but with hurt.
1Cor. 11:17NIVIn the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good.

DETERIOR lower, inferior, worse], worse, poorer, meaner (freq. and class.—for syn. cf.: malus, injustus, improbus; pravus, nequam, corruptus, perversus;

Hor. S. 1.3.107 4 The alternative with Ruso was either ruin from extortion, or misery from listening to his writings. If his wretched creditors could not pay him, then they were condemned to hear him read his works. Perhaps some might prefer considering historias used in the sense of "tedious narration," and refer it to the long schedule of the items in his account. Audit. Asinius Pollio first introduced the custom of reciting one's own compositions at Rome.

Base your finding on Commands, Examples and inferences from the Bible. Inferences refer to what is DONE or imposed. The Bible and founders of denominations always used the CENI principle.

Prove from early church history that anyone else agrees with you greatly-inflated PATTERN.

Prove from the historic scholars including the Restoration Movement that your church is a "restored church." If you dismiss Isaiah, Calvin originated the Movement to Restore the Church of Christ.

Is. 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Sarge
Sarge

December 24th, 2016, 6:53 pm #10

And the font swells!