November 26th, 2016, 4:45 pm #41

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

I'm just following applied logic:

... that if assertion #1 is true;
... that if assertion #2 is true;
... therefore, assertion #3 is true based on both assertion #1 and assertion #2 being true.

Didn't Jesus have a mother?

Don't you believe that "Jesus is God"?

Doesn't that prove that God has a Mother based on that belief system?[/color]

Visitor (Rancor)
Visitor (Rancor)

November 26th, 2016, 5:18 pm #42

Thanks, I have all of the important versions and commentaries like the NIV on my computer. That makes it easy to Cut-N-Paste.

The Latin versions on line let you link to REAL historical text rather than a theologian who copied a theologian who copied a theologian who often lies about recorded history.

I don't have the Geneva Bible used by Calvinist KJVers

http://www.genevabible.org/Geneva.html

Ken,

Thanks for telling us how you really feel about the Bibles.

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 6:16 pm #43

Ken, you should make a contribution. How many times has the DRB bailed you out on Church singing?

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but03.gif

Rancor, your link to the DRB site should really come in handy for Donnie. I understand that Donnie plans to give all his CoC friends copies of the DRB for Christmas, because he hopes that these Bibles will persuade his friends not to sing in worship. And for "emphasis," these DRBs will be customized with the words "hymn," "hymned," "hymns," and "hymning" all in excessively large, underlined text in royal blue boldface. At the bottom of the respective pages, a footnote from Ken will promise that anyone who sings in worship will be cast into "the lake of fire."

Yeah, Donnie, as the song goes, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas..."

BIll
BIll

November 26th, 2016, 7:04 pm #44

Ken, you should make a contribution. How many times has the DRB bailed you out on Church singing?

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but03.gif

Here's a link to a page Ken will appreciate. I immediately thought of Ken when I saw it. Steve Martin and group sing, "Atheists Ain't Got No Songs."

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=1JFE9JN ... n=gvupdate

Visitor (Rancor)
Visitor (Rancor)

November 26th, 2016, 7:25 pm #45

Rancor, your link to the DRB site should really come in handy for Donnie. I understand that Donnie plans to give all his CoC friends copies of the DRB for Christmas, because he hopes that these Bibles will persuade his friends not to sing in worship. And for "emphasis," these DRBs will be customized with the words "hymn," "hymned," "hymns," and "hymning" all in excessively large, underlined text in royal blue boldface. At the bottom of the respective pages, a footnote from Ken will promise that anyone who sings in worship will be cast into "the lake of fire."

Yeah, Donnie, as the song goes, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas..."
You know I forgot about Donnie being a supporter of the DRB. Perhaps, Donnie also has a special "Catholic Itch" that needs to be scratched that only the DRB can deliver.

Donnie does SING in his car but never in Church...or something like that.

See Ken for contribution info.

November 26th, 2016, 7:40 pm #46

I have always believed in KJV Bible and never questioned it. In recent years, I was shocked that some people on this site find the KJV Bible to be in error. I request the Moderators of this site to identify and list the errors so others may be aware. I would ask that the moderators simply list the errors in this post and we can discuss in detail in future individual posts.

Thanks.
I have seen that band somewhere before both in prophecy and fulfillment:

November 26th, 2016, 7:46 pm #47

I have always believed in KJV Bible and never questioned it. In recent years, I was shocked that some people on this site find the KJV Bible to be in error. I request the Moderators of this site to identify and list the errors so others may be aware. I would ask that the moderators simply list the errors in this post and we can discuss in detail in future individual posts.

Thanks.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Per your request, Rancor, another passage is being added to the list of mistranslations -- I Peter 1:2.

Stan, thank you for reminding of this passage that you quoted in another thread. I looked it up in New Testament Greek online and compared the text with various Bible translations. Human translators are confused and inconsistent.[/color]

November 26th, 2016, 8:10 pm #48

You know I forgot about Donnie being a supporter of the DRB. Perhaps, Donnie also has a special "Catholic Itch" that needs to be scratched that only the DRB can deliver.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Rancor, please redirect your issue with the DRB version to me, instead of Ken. I'm the one who's referred to it in terms of a hymn being "said" or recitable.

Ken is happy without making reference to the DRB. I don't blame him. His reference to passages in the KJV is good enough in expressing the truth about hymning.

He agrees with the Scripture, and vice versa, because the text says:[/color]
[color=#FF0000" size="5]SPEAKING TO YOURSELVES ... in hymns....[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Music enthusiasts wish they could change it to:
[/color]
[color=#000000" size="5]SINGING TO YOURSELVES ... in hymns...[/color] which reminds me kindergarteners who love to SING TO EACH OTHER.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Thanks for the offer, Rancor. I already have it. The DRB is one of some 25 versions available when I access the Parallel Bible online.[/color]

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 8:14 pm #49

Rancor, "Irony" does seem to be Donnie's middle name. His singing hymns in his car but not in church is one example. Another example: Donnie seemingly denounces all things Catholic, yet he turns around and favors the Catholic DRB when it suits his peculiar theology.

Ironic. Most ironic. It's also known as following a double standard.

November 26th, 2016, 8:35 pm #50

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Not a problem with me, Bill.

I search from any of the Bible versions available for proper translation of passages that have been corrupted by doctrinal biases. By the way, I'm not a papal robot."[/color]