Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 2:13 am #31

If man's teaching says it's not God's truth, when the Bible says it is God's truth, that is a bad thing.

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 2:43 am #32

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

This debate has nothing to do with your "numbers game."

The oddity is in your not recognizing the fact that throughout the New Testament, it's all about the truth that it was God who gave Jesus "a name which is above every name" (Philippians 2:9). God did not give Jesus "the name of F-S-HS."

The New Testament also unequivocally reveals that God (the Father of Jesus and is also our Father) gave His Son "all power" in heaven and earth.

As you have frequently asserted (and I fully agree with you on this) that the power/authority was given to Jesus. Again, the power/authority was not given by God the Father individually or collectively to the three-Gods-in-one [your Trinity].

I pray to our Father in heaven with "in the name of Jesus." Do you pray with "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost," Bill?

Col. 3[17] -- And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

I know, I know: how anxious you are to change that passage to state: Do all in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

The Roman Catholic Church, which invented the Trinity doctrine, has already admitted to adding "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" to the text in Matt. 28:19 (cf. Catholic Encyclopedia). It doesn't make sense that while you accept the RCC teaching of the Trinity, you reject its claim that it changed the text from: "Go and make disciples of all nations IN MY NAME."[/color]

Donnie, you repeatedly bring up "in My Name," as if that's the only wording we can use when we baptize. If that's so, then why do you refuse to be rebaptized in the name of Jesus, since you were originally baptized in the name of FSHS, as untold millions of other people have been (and still are). You obviously believe that baptism in the name of FSHS is incorrect (because of your bias against the Trinity), yet since you assert that your previous FSHS baptism is still valid, then why do you argue against it so much? You might as well say, "Do as I say, not do as I do," which just doesn't wash. Don't uphold a double standard. Practice what you preach.

November 26th, 2016, 2:53 am #33

If man's teaching says it's not God's truth, when the Bible says it is God's truth, that is a bad thing.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There's a colossal difference between what the Pope is teaching Bill and what the Scripture is teaching God's disciples.

The Pope teaches:

1. That since the Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus;
2. That since Jesus is God;
3. Therefore, the Virgin Mary is "the Mother of God."
[/color]

November 26th, 2016, 3:09 am #34

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he BREATHED on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy SPIRIT:

Ezekiel 37:9] Then said he to me, Prophesy to the wind [spiritum], prophesy, son of man, and tell the wind, Thus says the Lord Yahweh: Come from the four winds, breath, and breathe [Spiritus] on these slain, that they may live.

The apostles did not see a SPIRIT person but the "breath" of God had been WITH them and would be IN them as it was Jesus as Holy Spirit (pure breath is what little simple simon heard).

No reader would have thought that WORD or BREATH were extra gods required for the ALMIGHTY to rule.

"Progresssives" actually claim that Holy Spirit as a god was what made it possible for Jesus the Son and "brother" to do His Work. That "god" person was also "who" made it possible for the Almighty to communicate with the Son.

Note that:

Jesus promised allos or different is some sense Holy Spirit Comforter or Paraclete..
Jesus said that <font size="6">I
will come to you.
Jesus came to the upper room as promised (more later)
The same John gave us the name of the Comforter or Paraclete

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
.....And if any man sin,
.....we have an advocate [Paraclete] with the Father,
.....<font size="5">Jesus Christ the righteous:

1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only,
.....but also for the sins of the whole world. </font>

Since Jesus is the Atonement or expiator for sins then HE is the only one who can be the Comforter, Mediator and Intercessor. "Scholars" say that there are TWO Paracletes.

g3875. parakletos, par-ak´-lay-tos; an intercessor, consoler: — advocate, comforter.

In Romans 15 the DIRECT COMMAND is to "use one mind and one mouth to teach that which is written" or COMFORT (Paraclete) of the SCRIPTURES.

HERE IS THE ONLY PEOPLE TO WHOM JESUS CHRIST AS HOLY SPIRIT IS TEACHER OR COMFORTER. The legalistic activities of the "progressives" proves that Jesus doesn't either speak OR Comfort.

1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him,
.....if we keep his commandments.
1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him,
..... and keepeth not his commandments,
.....is a liar, and the truth is not in him [the WORD]
1John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word,
..... in him verily is the love of God perfected:
.....hereby know we that we are IN him.
1John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him
.....ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

In John 14 the Father and Son abide IN those who keep God's commandments.
The baptized disciples abide IN the Father and son IF they keep God's Commandments.
John does not mention a SPIRIT as part of the mutual INDWELLING because Father breathes Word to the Son without requiring another "god" person.

The ROAD is the "WAY that is called a SECT." It is very narrow as THE PATTERN.

</font>

November 26th, 2016, 3:13 am #35

Donnie, you repeatedly bring up "in My Name," as if that's the only wording we can use when we baptize. If that's so, then why do you refuse to be rebaptized in the name of Jesus, since you were originally baptized in the name of FSHS, as untold millions of other people have been (and still are). You obviously believe that baptism in the name of FSHS is incorrect (because of your bias against the Trinity), yet since you assert that your previous FSHS baptism is still valid, then why do you argue against it so much? You might as well say, "Do as I say, not do as I do," which just doesn't wash. Don't uphold a double standard. Practice what you preach.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

The argument is in using "the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" as the basis for the Pope's Trinity Creed.

If the Roman Catholic Church (cf. Catholic Encyclepedia) had not changed it from "IN MY NAME" [since Jesus himself was speaking and giving his commandment directly to his disciples), then there would not even be an argument.

1. In his name ...
2. In my name ...
3. In the name of Jesus Christ

... would leave no doubt in the Scripture's consistency that God gave Jesus "a name above every name"; that God gave ALL power and authority to Jesus only.

Please think, Bill. How and why God would give "a name above every name":

(1) to God the Father Himself,
(2) to Jesus also, and
(3) to the Trinity's version of "the Holy Ghost"?

How and why would God the Father give ALL power or authority:

(1) to God the Father Himself,
(2) to Jesus also, and
(3) to the Trinity's version of "the Holy Ghost"?[/color]

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 3:44 am #36

Donnie, if you argue for baptism in the name of Jesus but you refuse to be rebaptized in the name of Jesus, then you don't practice what you preach. You have no credibility whatsoever.

November 26th, 2016, 4:12 am #37

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill, let me say this again:

The argument is in using "the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" as the basis for the Pope's Trinity Creed.

I did not put on Christ in baptism because I had already been saved. I put on Christ in baptism in order for my sins to be remitted in the blood of Jesus the Lamb and become God's child. The baptizer's verbalization did not do the cleansing.

Maybe I should ask you that since Acts 2:38 says to repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, why don't you, Bill, be rebaptized? No, Bill, I would not ask you that.

Again, "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" is no evidence for the Pope's man-concocted Trinity dogma.[/color]

Visitor (Rancor)
Visitor (Rancor)

November 26th, 2016, 3:09 pm #38

Note that:

Jesus promised allos or different is some sense Holy Spirit Comforter or Paraclete..
Jesus said that <font size="6">I
will come to you.
Jesus came to the upper room as promised (more later)
The same John gave us the name of the Comforter or Paraclete

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
.....And if any man sin,
.....we have an advocate [Paraclete] with the Father,
.....<font size="5">Jesus Christ the righteous:

1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only,
.....but also for the sins of the whole world. </font>

Since Jesus is the Atonement or expiator for sins then HE is the only one who can be the Comforter, Mediator and Intercessor. "Scholars" say that there are TWO Paracletes.

g3875. parakletos, par-ak´-lay-tos; an intercessor, consoler: — advocate, comforter.

In Romans 15 the DIRECT COMMAND is to "use one mind and one mouth to teach that which is written" or COMFORT (Paraclete) of the SCRIPTURES.

HERE IS THE ONLY PEOPLE TO WHOM JESUS CHRIST AS HOLY SPIRIT IS TEACHER OR COMFORTER. The legalistic activities of the "progressives" proves that Jesus doesn't either speak OR Comfort.

1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him,
.....if we keep his commandments.
1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him,
..... and keepeth not his commandments,
.....is a liar, and the truth is not in him [the WORD]
1John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word,
..... in him verily is the love of God perfected:
.....hereby know we that we are IN him.
1John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him
.....ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

In John 14 the Father and Son abide IN those who keep God's commandments.
The baptized disciples abide IN the Father and son IF they keep God's Commandments.
John does not mention a SPIRIT as part of the mutual INDWELLING because Father breathes Word to the Son without requiring another "god" person.

The ROAD is the "WAY that is called a SECT." It is very narrow as THE PATTERN.

</font>
Ken, you should make a contribution. How many times has the DRB bailed you out on Church singing?

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but03.gif

November 26th, 2016, 3:48 pm #39

Thanks, I have all of the important versions and commentaries like the NIV on my computer. That makes it easy to Cut-N-Paste.

The Latin versions on line let you link to REAL historical text rather than a theologian who copied a theologian who copied a theologian who often lies about recorded history.

I don't have the Geneva Bible used by Calvinist KJVers

http://www.genevabible.org/Geneva.html

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 3:53 pm #40

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There's a colossal difference between what the Pope is teaching Bill and what the Scripture is teaching God's disciples.

The Pope teaches:

1. That since the Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus;
2. That since Jesus is God;
3. Therefore, the Virgin Mary is "the Mother of God."
[/color]
Donnie often fixates on this "mother of God" business. You have a special interest in that, do you, Donnie?