Can still be heard
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,
Or touch a leaf or see the sky
Then I know why, I believe

Trivia Time......who sang this???
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

Let me guess: a mid-50s song! Since you weren't born then, you must have done your research.

Is this going to be your "Easter" worship song when you celebrate and observe your "holy" day?

Or ... is this some church's web page regarding: "What We Believe"? [/color]

Just Layman
Just Layman

March 31st, 2015, 9:37 am #12

You wanted to know what CM believed: I can only tell you what I believe. You intend to celebrate the FUTURE salvation of Jesus acted out by all of the Easter holy days. I told you what Palm Sunday celebrates with MUSIC and which Jesus REPUDIATED by claiming that He brought on the living waters and HE would be (Has been) our only Passover.

Do you intend to bow down before the pillars of sun worship.

You will undoubtedly pay a group to pretend to be Jesus but any overt "observation" intends to replace or minimize the WORD: Christ commanded me not to pay even for the LOGOS.

http://www.piney.com/Isaiah.55.Word.Spirit.html

Ken, let's not forget, you are the one who said CM website was church for you. I think the results are "as expected". Have a nice day. Perhaps, Osiris will take you out for brunch this coming Sunday?

March 31st, 2015, 3:46 pm #13

Jay Guin repudiates each and every statement of faith held from the beginning by Churches of Christ, fails to read the black text on brown paper and therefore REPEATS the Osiris, Isis (spirit, dove, spermator) and little obscene Horus. This review is in part:

http://www.piney.com/Jay.Guin.1.Corinth ... .Away.html

If you attended any of the workshops on the Exodus Pattern you listened to men who had never READ the Exodus Fall from Grace.

http://www.piney.com/Exodus.32.html

Christ (the Rock) then defined the inclusive-exclusive pattern for the ekklesia when assembled as synagogue.

The direct command was to "go into all the world and preach the gospel." That is what I do at CM: if people do not agree with me let me assure you that people are usually squirming in their seats when the preacher spend all of his time speaking about himself and trying to explain-away the Prophets and Apostles.

I can be ACTIVE rather than a PASSIVE active "preacher count" disguised as an empty pew. The command is NOT to preach as in lecture but to DIALOG as in speak one to another. InApt elders usually hire a front man to silence the lambs.

I go into ALL the world with CM and piney.com: I do not pass the plate even though some Nigerian widow wants to send me 5 million dollars.

If you don't know about OSIRIS then you cannot read the story of rising up to PLAY at Mount Sinai for which there was/is no redemption.

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 1st, 2015, 9:29 am #14

Ken, let's not forget, you are the one who said CM website was church for you. I think the results are "as expected". Have a nice day. Perhaps, Osiris will take you out for brunch this coming Sunday?
The Bible is a stand-alone book. Osiris can not help you.

April 1st, 2015, 6:46 pm #15

As long as there are performance preachers, singers, instrument players and publishers of deceptive lies the BIBLE is not a stand-alone book. They say that their organization and WORSHIP TEAM is built upon the Priests and Levites. The TRUE Bible says that God cursed the Levites and abandoned them to worship the starry host. Since NONE of the rich and famous know or care about the Scriptures, we have to use the universal pagan, ANTI-LOGOS ECUMENICAL examples IN THE BIBLE to refute those who chain themselves to the pulpit denying YOU any right to "read, interpret or speak the Bible."

The Bible is a Table of Contents: POINTERS to refute the PAGAN WORLD view. If you haven't read The Book of Enoch (quoted 128 times in the NT) you will not be able to get the full impact of The Book of Jude. YOUR preacher uses about 10% of his time misrepresenting the BIBLE and the REST of it comes out of his own vain imagination. We have to quote clay tablets to prove the UNIVERSAL mark of anyone who would PERFORM claiming a wage and connection to the "gods" which you don't have. If you want to support them then this is exactly what God wants you to do. Here are some examples.

http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/q ... al-writers

The preacher will not know that the SPIRIT OF CHRIST defines the Scribes and Hypocrites (speakers, singers, instrument players, audience) in Ezekiel 33.

Matt. 16:1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
Matt. 16:2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
Matt. 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Luke 13:31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.
Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Your worship leader worships "some" god with the work (and waged) of HIS hands. He/you/think that God NEEDS your works or your APPROVAL.

Acts 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Your worship leader probably from John Mark Hicks says that you NEED the theatrical-musical performers to LEAD YOU INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD. Since, God does not dwell in HOUSES BUILT BY HUMAN HANDS now converted to "A theater for holy entertainment" after being stolen from the weeping widows.

Acts 17:28 For IN HIM we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commenta ... ts-17.html

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 1st, 2015, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 9th, 2015, 1:53 pm #16

Ken, you stated that The Book of Enoch should be read for a better understanding of the Bible. Would you also suggest reading pagan mythology for a better understanding of the Bible?

It is my observation that you quote more mythology when you are flustered or perturbed. Could you please explain?

May 15th, 2015, 8:18 am #17

I think it’s time for Concerned Members to share their beliefs with a “What We Believe” post to educate any new comers. It has taken me several years to pick out what Concerned Members believe about Bible doctrine.

Ken had said that Concern Members is “Church” for him and I’m sure others are on board with him. Subjects could include doctrine on the Holy Spirit, Divine eternal Jesus, Church singing (speak only), Instrumental Music, Church offerings and giving, pagan mythology, assembly worship, religious holidays ,etc.

I think this is fair, after all, Concerned Members critiques other Churches “What we believe articles.” I think this will benefit all that read this forum. How about it Concerned Members?

Thanks.

========================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Just Layman,

ConcernedMembers is a religious discussion forum, not a church organization or body. We discuss or debate various topical Bible studies, and messages and responses come from both "concerned" and "not that concerned" contributors.

In my case, I can only speak for myself, not for those who either agree or disagree with me. We've heard, e.g., differing views concerning God's holy Spirit which, according to my Bible, is not apart from or a separate "person" from God ... just as Donnie's spirit is not a separate person from Donnie. There are many other issues, some of which you've already mentioned.

Just to let the readers know that your initial post remains UNEDITED, even though I've made my remarks.

Personally, I cannot present what you would normally expect from, e.g., "______[Church Name]_______: What We Believe."

I regard your post, however, as a real challenge. I can attempt to provide a summary of each from a list of major doctrinal topics with scriptural references; and there are numerous topics I can think of.

Donnie
[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Indeed, this is a challenging thread! Since this is a religious discussion forum, it would benefit our learning of God's truth by dealing with other topical Bible studies and questions that we haven't covered yet. We can use this thread as our INDEX by providing a link or links to a particular doctrinal topic.

Let me begin this process by asking this thought-provoking question: Does the Christian have and enjoy everlasting life NOW? Or, is everlasting life an inheritance or a promise or a reward to the Christian who has persevered and remained faithful to the end?

Here's a link:[/color]
<blockquote><blockquote>[color=#000000" size="4] Does the Christian Have Everlasting Life NOW?[/color]
</blockquote></blockquote>

May 17th, 2015, 12:42 am #18

Ken, you stated that The Book of Enoch should be read for a better understanding of the Bible. Would you also suggest reading pagan mythology for a better understanding of the Bible?

It is my observation that you quote more mythology when you are flustered or perturbed. Could you please explain?
ALL of the Scriptures use the pagan writers as the OPPOSITE of what God brings to the LITTLE FLOCK. My doctor doesn't call it flustered but I will expand in a few days.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares,
.....who were before of old ordained to this condemnation,
.....ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness,
.....and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they
.....have gone in the way of Cain, and [Cain is derived from a musical note or MARK]
.....ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and
.....perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you,
.....feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water,
.....carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit,
.....twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea,
.....foaming out their own shame; wandering stars,
.....to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam,
.....prophesied of these, saying,
.....Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jude 1:15 To execute judgment upon all,
.....and to convince all that are ungodly [irreverent] among them
.....of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed,
.....and of all their hard speeches
.....which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jude 1:16 These are
.....murmurers,
.....complainers,
.....walking after their own lusts; and
.....their mouth speaketh great swelling [burdensome] words,
.....having men's persons in admiration
.....because of advantage.

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words
.....which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Jude 1:18 How that they told you
.....there should be mockers [musical-sexual play] in the last time,
.....who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Dotty
Dotty

May 22nd, 2015, 6:24 pm #19

"I Believe"

I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows
I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come
To show the way
I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm the smallest prayer
Can still be heard
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,
Or touch a leaf or see the sky
Then I know why, I believe

Trivia Time......who sang this???
I know the Osmonds sang I Believe.

May 22nd, 2015, 9:18 pm #20

No: that was the Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned Levites who musically mocked Jesus to the foot of the old rugged cross.