W A R N I N G - The Viper's Den

W A R N I N G - The Viper's Den

March 15th, 2002, 12:10 am #1

<font size=+3>WARNING - The Viper's Den</font>

<font size=+1>You Must Have Your Boots On To Enter</font>
</b>

<b>We actually accept criticism pretty well here at ConcernedMembers. Occasionaly however we have guests that sometimes forget they are guests. Some folks will visit ConcernedMembers and post messages that are not exactly "Jesus Like". Usually these messages are of an attack nature directed to us or someone in the forum. Rather than try to minister to these folks at the time which is disrupting to the study taking place, we just move them off to The Viper's Den. Then when we get time to put our boots on, ( to keep our heels from getting nipped), we will venture in and minister some scriptures to these folks.
</b>

<b>So as you are wandering through the ConcernedMembers site and click on a post that says: "Post Moved To The Viper's Den", you will know what happened to it should it not be there any longer.
</b>

<b><font size=+1>Enter At Your Own Risk</font>
This forum has been edited by a moderator at ConcernedMembers.com
that logged in from one of the below forums. These forums are not part of, approved by or affiliated with any Church.
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on October 29th, 2002, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2002, 12:21 am #2

I knew it..(that I would get a response...even when I had ask not to)....by the way I am in NJ..not associated with church in Tennessee,etc...I thought the Church believed that each congregation was independent....if so why a Web site and now placing matters concerning other congregations on such and writing about what is taking place hundreds of miles from "your" church....but having been raised in the Church I fully understand the "why".....it is that all knowing "attitude" that I have seen in all my years...simply amazing....when I read what was on that site (letters) made me sick...arguing over translations,etc........how the NIV has caused the problems..and on and on....just unbelievable....jealousy and envy....is alive and well and always has been...."mark those that sow division among you"....problem is those that do such....they are never the ones....they are the ones "that are defenders of the Faith"....that is the line....simply amazing....please...do not send me a reply....please don't "try to get me straighten out."
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on March 15th, 2002, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 16th, 2002, 3:17 pm #3

</b>

<b>We actually accept criticism pretty well here at ConcernedMembers. Occasionaly however we have guests that sometimes forget they are guests. Some folks will visit ConcernedMembers and post messages that are not exactly "Jesus Like". Usually these messages are of an attack nature directed to us or someone in the forum. Rather than try to minister to these folks at the time which is disrupting to the study taking place, we just move them off to The Viper's Den. Then when we get time to put our boots on, ( to keep our heels from getting nipped), we will venture in and minister some scriptures to these folks.
</b>

<b>So as you are wandering through the ConcernedMembers site and click on a post that says: "Post Moved To The Viper's Den", you will know what happened to it should it not be there any longer.
</b>

that logged in from one of the below forums. These forums are not part of, approved by or affiliated with any Church.
Those Who Can't Sing....Criticize!

Everybody...on the count of three, follow our "Worship Critic" and recite this together. A one- a two a three...

(Key of B#)
Verse #1
I heard an old old story, 'bout a church that loved His Glory! They would sing and praise His name all day because their hearts had joy! But several of the members didn't want to "stoke those embers" so every week they griped and lied to others faithfully.

Chorus:

"Oh Saddlebackers, Praise Teams, Lifting Hands and Clapping. Their Holy Entertainment's loud and keeps us from our naps. Women leading prayers, oh Satan's set his snare! So here's the plan, we'll hold our checks and then we'll get our way!

Verse # 2
Oh but the plan backfired! 'Cause the Spirit filled weren't tired. They praised His name right through the trial and fasted night and day. The others just got flustered at attempted filabusters. The only thing thing they really proved is "Tantrums Never Pay".

(Now, don't sing this too loud, you might be mistaken for a "Praise Team")

It's hard to give a serious consideration to people who are in essence ridiculous. Everyone who has made an attempt to seriously discuss an issue with you, Donnie, has been belittled or worse. The old saying is true, "Never try and teach a pig to sing...it frustrates you and annoys the pig." Can you say oink? I thought you could! Lesson over...unless of course you'd like to give your standard 6 page response. But really, it's getting a bit dull, could you put your response in a poem or maybe ....never mind. You might consider that Holy Entertainment. Thanks Donnie Cruz...you and this site is the best laugh I've had all week.

"Laughter doth the heart good like a medicine."

===========================
Response to how cruel:
So, no one is suppose to question Bobby. He is suppose to be able to make all the wild accusations right and left. With all his self appointed authority, anyone who dares question him is bound for hell. Wake up and start thinking for yourself instead of following hook, line and sinker these self appointed critics who do nothing but criticize.
I have heard people say that to begin with they were leaning with Bobby but the more he writes he has turned me off completly. If he keeps going perhaps he will convert a few more. Does the Book say something about a man's work being made manifest? Give it time.

================================

Ken, so you are an Engineer. I guess that makes you an expert critic and qualifies you to be a "shepherd" at large for the whole country. The one thing needed is a few more brotherhood watch dogs. Why don't that congregation in Hohenwald make you an elder if you are so smart? You even know most of the elders across the country and how they were appointed. And sounds like you may even be an expert coon hunter. Yes an expert doesn't need agreement from anyone. So ride on brother but I warn you, your "scheme" is not making very much headway as I see it.

What qualifies me? Nothing. I don't claim to be an expert so I don't need much qualifications. I have just studied the Book since as far back as I can remember. I was taught it by a godly father and mother. I have read after and listen to the best men I could find. I paid more attention to those who were positive than the negative ones.

I am still looking for some "Biblical evidence" that you post that is not slanted. Perhaps you should go back to Bible 101aaa and take a refresher course. I guess I'm one of those "Old Faithful, mature members" but I don't run off so easy, not even by a Engineer turned shepherd at large. By the way, is there a congregation that you have stripped, if so, I would like to see just what is left. I think I may have hit a nerve. Sorry............

=========================================

Since you have opened the door for speaking the truth?????

Fact: Donnie Cruz shows up for 10:30am worship at quarter to eleven

Fact: Donnie Cruz does not sing

Fact: The beautiful singing you refer to IS the congregation singing with the song leader.

Fact: There is NO praise team in corporate worship at the Madison Church of Christ on Sundays.

Fact: By your own admission, you make notes for those that need to know. Why don't these people come for themselves?

Donnie, Why don't you come downstairs and learn the TRUTH.

===========================================
Reply to Donnie Cruz, Re: That Explains it:

Donnie,
It seems to get under your skin when someone questions what or why you may be doing what you are doing. Just what do you hope to accomplish? Just which congregation are you encourageing members at Madison to go to. Are you keeping the same tabs on everything that happens "wherever" it is your membership is? Or perhaps you are one of those "members at large" I have met a few of those. They have membership no where, that way they are accountable to no one and seem free to stir up things everywhere.
You indicate that singing is suppose to be congregational. Do you mean that the only singing that is acceptable is congregational? What percentage of the congregation MUST sing? You are so smart in the Scriptures, Where is the chapter and verse that requires such? Waiting for your reply.......
Last edited by madisonchurchofchrist on May 24th, 2002, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larry adamson
larry adamson

March 18th, 2002, 7:15 pm #4

</b>

</b>

</b>

I see where my comments( March 16 about by what authority of the web site and other congregations in other areas of US) were listed in the Viper's Den but my name not given. If my comments are going to be used be sure and give my name. But this should not surprise me. I don't know how many times in my nearly 50 years as a member I have heard this expression..
"well, a lot of folks are really upset about this, a lot of folks don't want this." But try to get a direct answer or name, no not given. Who said that, I would like to talk with them, but no, just "a lot of folks are really bothered about such and such".... Amazing. I might ask who made the decision not to use my name? By what authority did they have? But again typical because this is far too often the case in the brothehood, say things, make statements, cause division but never be responsible for them. There are those who love to sew/plant division but never be responsible. Again, use my name, and be sure and indicate this notice.

Larry Adamson
Clinton, NJ

gaileen3
gaileen3

March 18th, 2002, 9:48 pm #5

Those Who Can't Sing....Criticize!

Everybody...on the count of three, follow our "Worship Critic" and recite this together. A one- a two a three...

(Key of B#)
Verse #1
I heard an old old story, 'bout a church that loved His Glory! They would sing and praise His name all day because their hearts had joy! But several of the members didn't want to "stoke those embers" so every week they griped and lied to others faithfully.

Chorus:

"Oh Saddlebackers, Praise Teams, Lifting Hands and Clapping. Their Holy Entertainment's loud and keeps us from our naps. Women leading prayers, oh Satan's set his snare! So here's the plan, we'll hold our checks and then we'll get our way!

Verse # 2
Oh but the plan backfired! 'Cause the Spirit filled weren't tired. They praised His name right through the trial and fasted night and day. The others just got flustered at attempted filabusters. The only thing thing they really proved is "Tantrums Never Pay".

(Now, don't sing this too loud, you might be mistaken for a "Praise Team")

It's hard to give a serious consideration to people who are in essence ridiculous. Everyone who has made an attempt to seriously discuss an issue with you, Donnie, has been belittled or worse. The old saying is true, "Never try and teach a pig to sing...it frustrates you and annoys the pig." Can you say oink? I thought you could! Lesson over...unless of course you'd like to give your standard 6 page response. But really, it's getting a bit dull, could you put your response in a poem or maybe ....never mind. You might consider that Holy Entertainment. Thanks Donnie Cruz...you and this site is the best laugh I've had all week.

"Laughter doth the heart good like a medicine."

===========================
Response to how cruel:
So, no one is suppose to question Bobby. He is suppose to be able to make all the wild accusations right and left. With all his self appointed authority, anyone who dares question him is bound for hell. Wake up and start thinking for yourself instead of following hook, line and sinker these self appointed critics who do nothing but criticize.
I have heard people say that to begin with they were leaning with Bobby but the more he writes he has turned me off completly. If he keeps going perhaps he will convert a few more. Does the Book say something about a man's work being made manifest? Give it time.

Ken, so you are an Engineer. I guess that makes you an expert critic and qualifies you to be a "shepherd" at large for the whole country. The one thing needed is a few more brotherhood watch dogs. Why don't that congregation in Hohenwald make you an elder if you are so smart? You even know most of the elders across the country and how they were appointed. And sounds like you may even be an expert coon hunter. Yes an expert doesn't need agreement from anyone. So ride on brother but I warn you, your "scheme" is not making very much headway as I see it.

What qualifies me? Nothing. I don't claim to be an expert so I don't need much qualifications. I have just studied the Book since as far back as I can remember. I was taught it by a godly father and mother. I have read after and listen to the best men I could find. I paid more attention to those who were positive than the negative ones.

I am still looking for some "Biblical evidence" that you post that is not slanted. Perhaps you should go back to Bible 101aaa and take a refresher course. I guess I'm one of those "Old Faithful, mature members" but I don't run off so easy, not even by a Engineer turned shepherd at large. By the way, is there a congregation that you have stripped, if so, I would like to see just what is left. I think I may have hit a nerve. Sorry............

=========================================

Since you have opened the door for speaking the truth?????

Fact: Donnie Cruz shows up for 10:30am worship at quarter to eleven

Fact: Donnie Cruz does not sing

Fact: The beautiful singing you refer to IS the congregation singing with the song leader.

Fact: There is NO praise team in corporate worship at the Madison Church of Christ on Sundays.

Fact: By your own admission, you make notes for those that need to know. Why don't these people come for themselves?

Donnie, Why don't you come downstairs and learn the TRUTH.

===========================================
Reply to Donnie Cruz, Re: That Explains it:

Donnie,
It seems to get under your skin when someone questions what or why you may be doing what you are doing. Just what do you hope to accomplish? Just which congregation are you encourageing members at Madison to go to. Are you keeping the same tabs on everything that happens "wherever" it is your membership is? Or perhaps you are one of those "members at large" I have met a few of those. They have membership no where, that way they are accountable to no one and seem free to stir up things everywhere.
You indicate that singing is suppose to be congregational. Do you mean that the only singing that is acceptable is congregational? What percentage of the congregation MUST sing? You are so smart in the Scriptures, Where is the chapter and verse that requires such? Waiting for your reply.......
I do not listen and do what Bobby tells me. I have SEEN FOR MYSELF. I HAVE SEEN HOW THE "ELDERS' COULD NOT COME TO AN AGREEMENT AND HOW THEY RAN SOME GODLY MEN OFF. WHO MAKES THE DECISIONS TO CHANGE THE WAY THE MADISON CHURCH OF CHRIST HAS BEEN WORSHIPING SINCE STARTED THERE IN 1956. I DID GO TO BOTH SERVICES AND THE NOISE THAT WENT ON AT LATER SERVICE, I COULD NOT KEEP MY HEART AND MIND WHERE IT SHOULD BE. IT WAS VERY DISTRACTING TO ME! THERE WERE 5 GENERATIONS OF MY FAMILY GOING TO MADISON AND NOW JUST 2 ARE LEFT. I KEEP THINKING THAT IT WILL CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD WAY.
GUESS MY THINING IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
AREN'T WE ALL EQUAL? HOW CLAIMS THAT "HE WAS CALLED"?
GOD CALLS US ALL TO LOVE AND HAVE LOVE IN OUR HEARTS.
HOW CAN THERE BE LOVE WHEN THERE IS DIVISION? WHO CAUSED THE DIVISION?
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GONE TO MADISON?
I LOVED MADISON AND WENT EVERY TIME THE DOORS WERE OPENED AND WAS INVOLVED WITH MANY, MANY, THINGS GOING ON, BUT, AFTER I WAS TOLD "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN GET OVER IT", I HAVE AND AM LOOKING FOR A BETTER PLACE TO WORSHIP.
GOD GAVE HIS SON FOR YOU AND ME. NOT JUST SOME. HE DIED FOR US. CAN YOU IMAGE THE PAIN HE FELT WHEN THE NAILS WENT INTO HIS HANDS? NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING CAN HURT ME OR FEEL PAIN AS BADLY AS HE DID ON THAT CROSS. IF WE CAN'T ACCEPT WHAT IS GOING ON AT MADISON, THEN WE NEED TO FIND A CHURCH HOME.
THAT'S WHAT I'VE GOT TO DO!!!!!!
MY PRAYERS ARE FOR US ALL. MAY GOD HELP US TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING AND MAKE OUR HEARTS RIGHT WITH HIM.
GOD BLESS!

larry adamson
larry adamson

March 19th, 2002, 7:10 pm #6

</b>

</b>

</b>

Let me see if I understand much of what has been written or I have found on this web site. Issues I guess is what some might call it...do I understand correctly it involves such matters of importance as:

1."Clapping" I guess that means in a service?

2."Raising Hands" Once again meaning in a service?

3.Singing--"Praise Teams or Individual Song Leader"

4.Bible Translations-King James---wasn't it traslated sometime in the 1600's. (by order of a King) Some how some people would want one to believe it was actually the same book the Apostles carried with them.

On the matter of singing: Have to raise a question on this one. The traditional view in the CofC has been that it is acceptable for one individual to stand before a group and do such. In all my Bible reading and my nearly 50 years of membership I have never been able to find a bible reference for that practice. I am not opposed to it, but just can't find "the book, chapter and verse" for the matter of having a song leader. Have found for the matter of singing, but not how, procedure. The idea of 4-5--some call Praise Team--singing and others singing with them, not acceptable some say. This is confusing to me as one practice is acceptable, the other not.

Note: As said, been member for 50 years I have always wondered why it was ok at say 2:30 PM on a Sunday afternoon (we called them song rallies) in the same pulpit by the way, for 4 people to get up before a audience, (generally the same audience that met at 10:30 PM)... they sang, others did not, audience listened. Sometimes they went on for half an hour or more...but now something like this would not be acceptable at 10:30 AM (4 hours prior). Now I guess someone would say "well this was at the worship service." So I guess to that one would have to conclude what was taking place at 2:30 PM, that singing,it was not worship. I guess that was entertainment. From there one would then have to say, certainly, worship should not be entertaining. Side note, how true,that has too often been. Too often neither, worship or entertaining, I mean.

Do we have any idea how all this appears to the World, the unchruched,etc? Oh yes, I guess I should know and I can hear some good brother saying right now "we can't be worried about what the world thinks, or how they might perceive things, we aren't trying to please the world, we are trying to please God." Note: wonder why Paul had a certain procedure done on someone so he might be more acceptable to go to them". If I had been the one on which the procedure was about to be done, I think I would have used that line "about I don't care what the world thinks". But after all who really cares what the world thinks, huh.... when you have the truth, why would you want to take it to the world."

Amazing the thinking...the reasoning...and some ...not all ...wonder why Christianity has not had a bigger impact. It was said the early church "turned the world upside down for Christ." today we just turn things upside down.....Traditions...... I have already spent more time than even the subject of such merits.

By the way, do use my name. Note: I can not find one name (s) given on this Web site as to who started such...if there is going to be such a Web site at least give the name (s) of those who created such. Excue this bit of sarcasm....(this goes in the Viper's Den I am sure...)...but I guess if the names were listed...well could not list them.... "Concerned Members"...cause this Web site...surely...it must be the effort of thousands.

Larry Adamson
Clinton,NJ

March 29th, 2002, 10:27 pm #7

</b>

</b>

</b>

Kenneth,

I hate to say this, because we are told to love our enemies, but sir..you, and your arguments are from Satan, the father of lies. You seek to islead, disguise, double-talk, and otherwise seek to confuse. I denounce you; you are exposed for what you are. You have listened to the evil one's whispers for far too long, and you think it's God talking to you.

My brothers, avoid Kenneth's posts like the plague - he is a blot on the face of our faith. He does not fellowship, nor does he condone fellowship with anyone else. He seeks to make points that don't need to be made. In short, he's a divider, and should be cast out as the servant of evil he is.

Strong words, but I tire of listening to his lies. I had intended to leave this site, and not post anymore, but I couldn't do so without adding this, if it's posted at all.

In Him,

CW
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on March 29th, 2002, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

literal seed
literal seed

March 29th, 2002, 10:44 pm #8

CW...can't say I'd have said it your way, but in the short time I've been monitoring the site, I've learned to stay away from Kenneth's posts except those that respond to mine. I don't need lengthy meaningless dissertation...just straight forward biblical answers.

I'll pray for your spiritual relief...by no means is this a judgement on you...just that Philipians peace.

blessings
ls

Carolyn Tansey
Carolyn Tansey

April 1st, 2002, 7:19 pm #9

I knew it..(that I would get a response...even when I had ask not to)....by the way I am in NJ..not associated with church in Tennessee,etc...I thought the Church believed that each congregation was independent....if so why a Web site and now placing matters concerning other congregations on such and writing about what is taking place hundreds of miles from "your" church....but having been raised in the Church I fully understand the "why".....it is that all knowing "attitude" that I have seen in all my years...simply amazing....when I read what was on that site (letters) made me sick...arguing over translations,etc........how the NIV has caused the problems..and on and on....just unbelievable....jealousy and envy....is alive and well and always has been...."mark those that sow division among you"....problem is those that do such....they are never the ones....they are the ones "that are defenders of the Faith"....that is the line....simply amazing....please...do not send me a reply....please don't "try to get me straighten out."
Thank you for vocalizing what I could not put into words because I am so astounded at the hateful and hurtful words, criticism and self-righteosness shown by the so-called "Concerned Members". Rather than be so concerned about getting "it" right, why not ask what would Jesus want us to do. We never make ourselves right by making others look wrong. Jesus never looked down on anyone and all were accepted, no matter the sin or station in life. I believe God wants us to worship him, and where in scripture does it say I'm not allowed to raise my hands in worship or clap. I feel really sorry for those of you who are so caught up in the turmoil that you can't muster patience, tolerance and kindness for your fellow christian. It must be pretty lonely way up there on that pedistal. And if my email goes in the viper's den, then so be it.
Message From The Moderator

Carolyn;
We did not put your post here. You put it in the Viper's Den yourself.
We are so sorry that you feel the way you do.
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on April 1st, 2002, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2002, 10:53 pm #10

</b>

</b>

</b>

Subject: Re: Holy Entertainment a Centuries-Old Plague
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:44:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: concernedmembers@webmailstation.com

This is just about the biggest waste of time I have ever read! Please tell me why people are dying and writhing in their sin and have no hope for the present much less the future and somebody is so concerned about instruments that he has to write a discertation on "why they are wrong" when it is the gospel that MUST be proclaimed to the world! NOT ALL OF YOUR ATTACHMENTS THAT WILL WIND UP MEANING HELL FOR THOSE THAT PLACE THEIR EMPHASIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST! GOD will judge our hearts, and in no way will he who gave each of us special and unique talents, hold them against us on that day of judgement. If you are truly being silent where the scriptures are silent...THEN GET OFF THE INTERNET!
You are devisive and using any means possible to do the will of your father and I don't mean the one in heaven! A repentant heart is pleasing to GOD, so why not start pleasing Him before you hit your personal "road to Damascus"?
CONCERNED...that is a laugh. Larry .......