Venting Machine: Anger Emission Control

Roncar
Roncar

December 1st, 2010, 6:40 pm #21

Since Roncar evidently implies that he has a problem with putting Christ's requirements for salvation into a list, maybe Roncar should go to the thread that is devoted to this topic and pursue the following questions:

1. Are the requirements themselves man-made or is the list man-made?

2. If Christ's requirements are not man-made, does putting them into a list invalidate them and if so, why and how?

3. Should people follow those requirements if they hope to be saved, or can they be saved by not obeying what Christ requires?

4. Is there any condition or event that would make bogus Christ's requirements for salvation?

Such a discussion would not be suitable in this current thread, which is devoted to hostilities.
Dr. Crump, I am sure you write a great essay, but I prefer the spin-free version, which is God's Holy Word, The Bible. Yes, yes indeed.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 7:24 pm #22

Dave, if you work around doctors (PhDs or MDs) and you refuse to address them either formally as "Dr." or by their first names if you are on such terms, then you are deliberately being obnoxious and deserve the ill treatment you receive. Deliberately calling any doctor as "Mr.," as Fred does, is an insult, an affront. Some of my professors in medical school and residency were, shall we say, less than desirable people to be around, yet I still had to call them "Dr." and even answer with "Yes, sir" and "No, sir." If in your job you are subordinate to PhDs and/or MDs, you would be wise to address them accordingly as the situation allows, or you may find yourself on the street.

And Dave should be the last to talk about "acting like a Christian," because I've yet to see anything even remotely "Christian" about Dave. Even his "prayer" is a crocodile prayer. What an affront to Christ!

BTW, in Dave's title above, "whether" has only one "h," and it's not "Phd" but "PhD."
Dave's "whtether" should have only one "t" instead of two. The word does have two "h's."

Roncar
Roncar

December 1st, 2010, 7:57 pm #23

When I first joined FaithSite, I did use "Dr. Bill Crump." Then when we conservatives returned after the liberals globally banned us, I discovered that the FaithSite system would not let me use my original user name, so I had to go by something else. I chose BOH, yet everyone still knew who I was.
Dr. Crump, were you banned for "Conduct unbecoming of a Liberal" or "Conduct unbecoming of a Christian"? Be careful, I know the answer.

Sonny Elliot
Sonny Elliot

December 1st, 2010, 8:28 pm #24

If a person lists his name as "Dr." so-and-so, yet people persist in addressing him as "Mr.," those people either don't know the difference between "Mr." and "Dr.," or they deliberately use "Mr." to be offensive. I have the feeling that with Fred, the latter case applies.

When I began college, my freshman class schedule listed the teacher of one of my courses as "Johnston" (no title given). As I walked down the hall, I passed a man and asked him where the lecture room was. The man told me and I asked him if he was "Mr. Johnston." The man identified himself and corrected me at the same time by saying "Dr. Johnston." He definitely emphasized "Dr." I apologized immediately and Dr. Johnston forgave that slip, since I was new to campus and didn't know any better. After all, not every college teacher has a PhD., yet those who do are properly addressed as "Dr.," not "Mr." Likewise, medical doctors are properly addressed as "Dr.," not "Mr."

By now, Fred should know better.
Brother Fred and Brother Dave,

I think Fred did not state it best on Oct. 26 at 6:12 p.m. under "A Concerned Member Of The Church (Rom. 3:24)" when he stated to Brother Crump, "You act so superior and go way beyond the Bible. Thankfully this toxic Christianity in the Church of Christ is becoming less and practiced only by a minority being negative and judgmental about practically everything."

Another way of acting and feeling superior is not to demand to be called "Doctor".

"Brother" or "Mr." are also not respectful.

Also, I think Fred stated inaccurately above on Nov. 30 at 4:24 p.m. "If I responded EVERY TIME Mr. Crump attacked Dave in an "IMMATERIAL" and/or "IMMATURE" way I would be responding almost every day of the week."

Finally, I think Fred stated inaccurately under "A Quagmire and Conundrum" when he stated "Then practically all of Mr. Crump's messages would have to be deleted since they are rarely about important issues but only Mr. Crump pestering and insulting Dave with frivolous remarks, including the latest 3 PARAGRAPHS of remarks about Barney Fife and going ballistic and HYPOTHETICAL scenarios about Dave's possible wife and children. IF THIS IS NOT REMOVED THEN NOTHING SHOULD EVER BE REMOVED OR EDITED ON THIS SITE PERIOD. What a load of garbage! All a reader on this site has to do is read the dozens of messages and statements of Mr. Crump toward Dave to see that Mr. Crump has decided to be less like Christ toward Dave and more like..."

You brothers are being too hard on Brother Crump. :D

-Sonny Elliot

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 9:00 pm #25

Are Fred and Dave being too hard on Dr. Bill? Well, I think not. I'm having too much fun reading their gaff, their tantrums, and their utter nonsense. Oh, how they do let me get under their skins, and I haven't even worked up a sweat!

December 1st, 2010, 9:06 pm #26

Just can't quit playing with yourselves: even in public?
When one side accuses the other, only one side is guilty: is that the way it works?

Thanks to this Venting Machine. "Oh, what a relief it is!!!"

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm #27

Dr. Crump, were you banned for "Conduct unbecoming of a Liberal" or "Conduct unbecoming of a Christian"? Be careful, I know the answer.
Well, despite what Roncar may have heard, or what bias he may have, the liberal moderators globally banned all the conservatives at FaithSite, because we conservatives proclaimed Biblical Truth, and the moderators despised that. But we conservatives persevered and returned; eventually, the liberal moderators fled, and FaithSite became an open board. The enraged liberals launched their smear tactics, insults, and hate at the conservatives at an unprecedented rate, such that those who operated the board finally decided to pull the plug on the whole mess. Today, some of the liberals like Dave still long to return to FaithSite and bash us conservatives with no fear of being censored.

Dave
Dave

December 1st, 2010, 9:46 pm #28

Are Fred and Dave being too hard on Dr. Bill? Well, I think not. I'm having too much fun reading their gaff, their tantrums, and their utter nonsense. Oh, how they do let me get under their skins, and I haven't even worked up a sweat!
When William has to say....."Oh, how they do let me get under their skins, and I haven't even worked up a sweat!".....well......he gives an all out self proclamation.
William should 'all out' be 'all-out?'
Check your unabridged for me, will you?

Roncar
Roncar

December 2nd, 2010, 2:22 am #29

Dr. Crump, since we are venting today, I would like to bring up an issue with you. I would like for you to drop the Mr. Miyagi and Daniel-san routine.

You make grammar/punctuation errors just like the rest of us. They may be minimal but you are still guilty of making them. You attempt to blow them off by saying "Maybe I made that mistake just to see if you were paying attention" or make it look like you are teaching me some kind of lesson.

Dr. Crump if you make a mistake, you should man up and take credit for it. You just might earn some respect.

Fred Whaley
Fred Whaley

December 2nd, 2010, 4:51 pm #30

Roncar I would not ever count or bank on Mr. Doctor Crump ever admitting a mistake. I am not sure that his theology and soteriology would allow it.

Fred Whaley

"If you are in the parking lot and have still not quit arguing with the people on the porch, you haven't left the Church of Christ yet."