Fred Whaley
Fred Whaley

December 1st, 2010, 3:23 pm #11

It's better to have bad breath than no breath at all!
Sonny said I may have "laid it on too strong" as D.C. did not "have a bucket to put that in".

No D.C. didn't. And yes I still worship with the Church of Christ. I did attend the Gaither concert a few weeks ago in Chattanooga. I guess I am with the majority of open-minded Christians in the Church of Christ not the minority of narrow-minded who would argue about and dissect anything in the parking lot after worship or Bible class no matter how small and irrelevant. Jesus warns (woe to you...) the Pharisees of straining gnats and swallowing camels because such a practice habit and religion is toxic.

Fred Whaley

"If you are in the parking lot and have still not quit arguing with the people on the porch, you haven't left the Church of Christ yet."

Roncar
Roncar

December 1st, 2010, 4:01 pm #12

Original Post: "Re: Not sure of others but I am not angry just holding Mr. Crump accountable" November 30 2010, 11:20 PM

Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

I'm afraid Fred's choice of colorful phrases such as "spiritual vomit" and his persistent use of "chump" to describe those with whom he disagrees do little to promote the love of Jesus and the Gospel. Perhaps Fred should read the thread titled "Christ's Requirements for Salvation" by yours truly, which is straight, Biblical Truth. But to those who despise the teachings of Christ, those requirements are "spiritual vomit."
["Christ's Requirements for Salvation" by yours truly]

Dr. Crump that kinda says it all! Just a man made checklist.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 4:24 pm #13

Original Post: "Not sure of others but I am not angry just holding Mr. Crump accountable" November 30 2010, 4:24 PM

by Fred Whaley
(no login)

Oh, come on D.C.!! Mr. Crump wouldn't have much to say on here if it weren't for the things you are warning against AND THERE WOULDN'T BE MUCH ACTIVITY ON THIS PATHETIC SITE. D.C are you asking Mr. Crump to cease from pestering Dave? He has wasted much of his last several years on this site pestering young Dave instead of loving Dave and encouraging him to be a Christian and disciple of Jesus Christ. If this statement is addressed to me in any way then let it be known that EVERY time I have commented to or about Mr. Crump it is in response to Mr. Crump NOT discussing "a religious doctrine or matter" but only "trivial matters" to attack young Dave in "immature" ways. If I responded EVERY TIME Mr. Crump attacked Dave in an "IMMATERIAL" and/or "IMMATURE" way I would be responding almost every day of the week.

The unfortunate reality is that most of this site is a waste and that people INTERNATIONALLY reading the toxic ideas being promoted and churches and ministers being discussed unlovingly and unscripturally are not being led to the Bible or Jesus but to the abyss of the spiritual slums. This site is the pits. This site is the dumps. This site promotes Mr. Crump being a chump towards young Dave. This site promotes Mr. Crump straining gnats and swallowing camels. This site promotes Mr. Crump's "group whoop" poop. This site needs to repent for not teaching Jesus and the Bible accurately.

Folks I fully understand that Mr. Crump will have a defense instead of admitting any faults. I also understand the SPIRITUAL VOMIT on this site will continue. There is no need to be angry about this. It is also not necessary that we challenge such thoughts and ways and hold Mr. Crump accountable. D.C. will make it to heaven because of God's grace. But I'm not sure if there will be enough grace for Fred Whaley and Mr. Crump to make it. God is our foe as Christians. We are sinners in the hands of an angry God. Christians, including those who use instruments, or go to Winterfest in Gatlinburg, or those who happen to be different in any way are people on there way to hell according to God's Word (this site). I think Romans communicates this when it states "If God is for us, who can be against us?" and that "Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus" and "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."(all Romans 8 references)

My predication is that this site shall continue on the high road of bashing change agents and casting stones at them for many years. However, it will not stay on this gwammmmatical tangent much longer.

Fred Whaley

"If you are in the parking lot and have still not quit arguing with the people on the porch, you haven't left the Church of Christ yet."
If a person lists his name as "Dr." so-and-so, yet people persist in addressing him as "Mr.," those people either don't know the difference between "Mr." and "Dr.," or they deliberately use "Mr." to be offensive. I have the feeling that with Fred, the latter case applies.

When I began college, my freshman class schedule listed the teacher of one of my courses as "Johnston" (no title given). As I walked down the hall, I passed a man and asked him where the lecture room was. The man told me and I asked him if he was "Mr. Johnston." The man identified himself and corrected me at the same time by saying "Dr. Johnston." He definitely emphasized "Dr." I apologized immediately and Dr. Johnston forgave that slip, since I was new to campus and didn't know any better. After all, not every college teacher has a PhD., yet those who do are properly addressed as "Dr.," not "Mr." Likewise, medical doctors are properly addressed as "Dr.," not "Mr."

By now, Fred should know better.

Roncar
Roncar

December 1st, 2010, 4:53 pm #14

Dr. Crump, when you were posting at FS, your name was believeonhim (BOH). Why did you not use "Dr. Crump" for your name?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 5:01 pm #15

So I gather than Roncar either hasn't read the lead post in the thread titled "Christ's Requirements for Salvation" or he doesn't subscribe to the requirements that Christ gave in the New Testament. That, indeed, kinda says it all.

Dave
Dave

December 1st, 2010, 5:06 pm #16

If a person lists his name as "Dr." so-and-so, yet people persist in addressing him as "Mr.," those people either don't know the difference between "Mr." and "Dr.," or they deliberately use "Mr." to be offensive. I have the feeling that with Fred, the latter case applies.

When I began college, my freshman class schedule listed the teacher of one of my courses as "Johnston" (no title given). As I walked down the hall, I passed a man and asked him where the lecture room was. The man told me and I asked him if he was "Mr. Johnston." The man identified himself and corrected me at the same time by saying "Dr. Johnston." He definitely emphasized "Dr." I apologized immediately and Dr. Johnston forgave that slip, since I was new to campus and didn't know any better. After all, not every college teacher has a PhD., yet those who do are properly addressed as "Dr.," not "Mr." Likewise, medical doctors are properly addressed as "Dr.," not "Mr."

By now, Fred should know better.
William Crump.....I told you before....and here it is for you to hear it again.
I work around those who consider themselves 'doctors' usually five days a week. I have angered a few because I didn't give them the courtesy of calling them such. I had one to tell me to not speak to him at all because I wouldn't address them with the title.
Listen William.....a piece of paper never does anything for me. Whether Phd o MD....with me it is how you act and what you say that matters.
Respect is earned, no matter how many parchments you procure. If you went through four years to get a bachelors, another four years for medical school, and several more years to get through residency, but can't act like a Christian that you claim to be, than you WILL be addressed by me as William Crump. William, things can change.....and one way or the other......they will. I will pray that the Love of Christ can melt your cold heart and that someday you can earn the proper respect that you crave.
So look up at those finely framed acccoutrements (yes William you can use that word)....proclaiming you as 'Dr.' Admire them. It is certainly good to know that the AMA gives you credit for what you want to be called.

Oh, and if you think about it William......even though you did say HAAH.....I turned it around and made it HAHA. Which sounds better? HAAH, or HAHA?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 6:01 pm #17

Since Roncar evidently implies that he has a problem with putting Christ's requirements for salvation into a list, maybe Roncar should go to the thread that is devoted to this topic and pursue the following questions:

1. Are the requirements themselves man-made or is the list man-made?

2. If Christ's requirements are not man-made, does putting them into a list invalidate them and if so, why and how?

3. Should people follow those requirements if they hope to be saved, or can they be saved by not obeying what Christ requires?

4. Is there any condition or event that would make bogus Christ's requirements for salvation?

Such a discussion would not be suitable in this current thread, which is devoted to hostilities.

December 1st, 2010, 6:07 pm #18

I work around those who consider themselves 'doctors' usually five days a week. I have angered a few because I didn't give them the courtesy of calling them such. I had one to tell me to not speak to him at all because I wouldn't address them with the title.
Listen William.....a piece of paper never does anything for me. Whether Phd o MD....with me it is how you act and what you say that matters.
Respect is earned, no matter how many parchments you procure. If you went through four years to get a bachelors, another four years for medical school, and several more years to get through residency, but can't act like a Christian that you claim to be, than you WILL be addressed by me as William Crump. William, things can change.....and one way or the other......they will. I will pray that the Love of Christ can melt your cold heart and that someday you can earn the proper respect that you crave.
So look up at those finely framed acccoutrements (yes William you can use that word)....proclaiming you as 'Dr.' Admire them. It is certainly good to know that the AMA gives you credit for what you want to be called.

Oh, and if you think about it William......even though you did say HAAH.....I turned it around and made it HAHA. Which sounds better? HAAH, or HAHA?
Just can't quit playing with yourselves: even in public?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 6:09 pm #19

Dr. Crump, when you were posting at FS, your name was believeonhim (BOH). Why did you not use "Dr. Crump" for your name?
When I first joined FaithSite, I did use "Dr. Bill Crump." Then when we conservatives returned after the liberals globally banned us, I discovered that the FaithSite system would not let me use my original user name, so I had to go by something else. I chose BOH, yet everyone still knew who I was.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 1st, 2010, 6:31 pm #20

Dave, if you work around doctors (PhDs or MDs) and you refuse to address them either formally as "Dr." or by their first names if you are on such terms, then you are deliberately being obnoxious and deserve the ill treatment you receive. Deliberately calling any doctor as "Mr.," as Fred does, is an insult, an affront. Some of my professors in medical school and residency were, shall we say, less than desirable people to be around, yet I still had to call them "Dr." and even answer with "Yes, sir" and "No, sir." If in your job you are subordinate to PhDs and/or MDs, you would be wise to address them accordingly as the situation allows, or you may find yourself on the street.

And Dave should be the last to talk about "acting like a Christian," because I've yet to see anything even remotely "Christian" about Dave. Even his "prayer" is a crocodile prayer. What an affront to Christ!

BTW, in Dave's title above, "whether" has only one "h," and it's not "Phd" but "PhD."