Understanding Change Agents (by John Waddey)

March 4th, 2014, 11:26 pm #11

[font=]There is a picture of Jonathan Storment High and Lifted up over the Communion Table as part of the "Abilene Kingdom" perfectly defines the Lucifer Principle.

The idea of preachers confined to their own church bodies, their own denominations, is an old way of thinking, Storment said. This sort of thinking is something many Abilene ministers are trying to break away from.

I would imagine most of the preachers in town, most of the circles I run around with, sense that, he said. That the kingdom of God is much bigger than what is happening in your own church.

Storment and several other Abilene preachers make up a board called One Kingdom, where the ministers congregate, collaborate and brainstorm how to better thread their congregations to partner with each other.

He uses the marketing analogy red ocean, blue ocean to explain the competitive Abilene church market. Red ocean, he says, refers to having too many sharks in the water and not enough fish, making the water just bloody.

Backing his belief, Storment quotes David McQueen, a fellow Abilene minister at Beltway Park Church, whom he considers a close friend.

David has done a really great job at Beltway, constantly saying, How many churches are there in Abilene? One church.

I am sorry to post this just before dinner time. Is that turning to your own vomit or what.

I would say that they are built upon the foundation of the real Lynn Anderson and John T. Willis. Because no one can be that ignorant, the alternative is defined by Jesus Who said that God HIDES from the Wise or Sophists: self-speakers (sons of the Devil says Jesus), singers, instrument players, actors an dancers--that gyrating around at LU were Randy Lowry featured all of the ANTI-historic Church of Christ people.
[/font]

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

March 5th, 2014, 12:32 am #12

I certainly hope that it was not the expose' of John Waddey that was published in the December 2013 issue of Contending for the Faith magazine (an extreme conservative publication) that led to Waddey's demise. In that article, Waddey was "marked" as a false teacher.

March 5th, 2014, 3:04 am #13

Here is what Tom is discussing. It is the usual anti-Biblical method of saying "If you believe THIS then it is clear that you believe THAT.

Our wayward brother Waddey changed some time ago from his position on MDR as set out in his material in the previously mentioned book edited by brother Eaves from what he once believed back in the 1970s.

Before viewing certain of Johns statements from yesteryear, consider his statements to faithful brother Ken Chumbley on Monday, November 4, 2002:

<font color="#800080">Dear Bro. Ken: Thanks for your note. The issue of marriage, divorce and remarriage has been a front burner issue of discussion among our brethren for some 50 years. There are materials available which investigate and discuss every aspect and point of view on the subject.

The promotions of the change agents have blossomed in the last 15 years. They are the issues that are dividing the church and threaten to sweep away large numbers of our people.

Christianity Then and Now (Waddeys paperEditor) is addressing those current issues.
Thanks, John Waddey

After reading the above statements, what are we to think of such? As Ken Chumbley wrote recently, Clearly, he has no desire to consider the subject and did not consider MDR as being a current issue.

Marriage, divorce, and remarriage not a current issue?! What planet are we living on?

METHOD of interpreting Waddey. "If MDR was promoted by the change agents has now BLOSSOMED into other issues which are dividing churches is is proven by CFF that John Waddey no longer considers MDR a worthy issue."

Contending for THE FAITH is defined from the wilderness onward as to PREACH the Word for COMFORT and DOCTRINE. That doesn't give any role or dole for people to make ISSUES where none are made. That became an issue only when the people declared that a presbyter (no preachers yet) must be a one man woman. If his wife died then he COULD NOT marry again. I will bet that some of the CFF people would take a second wife if his first wife (and my old friend) died.

</font>

March 5th, 2014, 7:20 am #14

The church is getting a little too familiar with the expression "the pastor." Literature is reviewed that is "close" to traditional teaching, but in that regard is "rough around the edges." The great drought of Biblical teaching from 1960 to 1999 in the pulpits, and the endorsement for a psychological gospel (or something like that, I don't want to insult psychology) taught the church to be "bored" with the demonstrations of the Biblical standard of teaching. The momentum of the first half of the 20th century was thrown out with the later half century preoccupied with doubtful interpretations of society. To see the sickness in video, look at the Baxter Herald of Truth videos in the 1960s and 1970s. What appeared to be "progressive" then seems like a lot of nonsense today. These videos of course are anchored in Abilene.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Thanks for contributing invaluably, Scripture.

Hopefully, the church is not getting too comfortable with that expression: "the pastor." I seem to remember that Jason mentioned in one of his earlier sermons about himself being referred to as "pastor" [and he may have "liked" it, I think].

Max Lucado loves it when introduced to the audience as "Reverend Lucado."[/color]

[Removed]
[Removed]

March 5th, 2014, 3:47 pm #15

I certainly hope that it was not the expose' of John Waddey that was published in the December 2013 issue of Contending for the Faith magazine (an extreme conservative publication) that led to Waddey's demise. In that article, Waddey was "marked" as a false teacher.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]"Understanding Change Agents" is the topic being discussed.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on March 6th, 2014, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

March 6th, 2014, 2:12 am #16

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Thanks for contributing invaluably, Scripture.

Hopefully, the church is not getting too comfortable with that expression: "the pastor." I seem to remember that Jason mentioned in one of his earlier sermons about himself being referred to as "pastor" [and he may have "liked" it, I think].

Max Lucado loves it when introduced to the audience as "Reverend Lucado."[/color]
Donnie, actually Max does not like to be referred to as "Pastor." He prefers and requests that he be referred to as 'Max."

March 6th, 2014, 6:00 am #17

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Tom, since you know each other well, I gather that either he has spoken to you about this in person or he has requested publicly or in writing that he be referred to as "Max." (I simply haven't heard of this request.) I would suppose that as a former Baptist pastor [if this info is correct] or as one with a strong Baptist background, he wouldn't mind being referred to as "pastor." "Prefers" seems to suggest to me that being addressed as "Pastor Lucado" is fine although not preferred. Can you direct us to some link or documentation of such an acknowledgment? Thanks[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

March 6th, 2014, 6:39 am #18

What happened to these programs? Why the demise? What do these crumbles have to do with change agents?

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

March 6th, 2014, 12:14 pm #19

Donnie, I'm not sure what you mean by "former Baptist pastor." My knowledge comes from what I have witnessed, although at one time, the weekly worship guide on Sundays had a FAQ section with a question something like, "By what title do I address Max?" The answer was to "simply refer to him as Max."

March 6th, 2014, 5:38 pm #20

Max has posted the fact that he is closer to the Baptists than to the church of Christ. If he has not moved on, Max hired a Baptist Preacher with, as I remember it, a Willow Creek Background.

I believe that when Max Returned from Brazil as a late addition to "Operation 68" which got involved in "spiritism" he has only been at Oak Hills. I don't think he ever worked overtly for the Baptists.

Max's view of baptism is that of the Baptists Faith-Only.