April 11th, 2014, 12:45 am #31

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]During the last few weeks, the number of page views outside of the U.S. has vastly increased for both Ukraine and Russia. We may attribute this to the current situation in that part of the world.

This is the first time that Ukraine or any other country has surpassed the U.S. in number of page views (as of this writing today):

Ukraine .............. 39.5%
United States ........ 32.3%
Russian Federation ... 12.7%
All Others ........... 15.5% [/color]

Sarge
Sarge

April 11th, 2014, 6:53 pm #32

1 Chronicles 16:9
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 16:7
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalm 18:3
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 28:6
Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.

Psalm 59:17
O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.

Psalm 66:20
Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds his name is the LORD and rejoice before him.

Psalm 68:19
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Selah

Psalm 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

Psalm 71:23
My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you I, whom you have redeemed. Psalm 103:2
Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-

Psalm 119:164
Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

Psalm 146:2
I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you I, whom you have redeemed. Psalm 103:2

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Psalm 149:3
Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

Psalm 150:2
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Psalm 150:6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Hebrews 13:15
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praisethe fruit of lips that confess his name.

James 5:13
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 4:16
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

Revelation 5:12
In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

Sarge
Sarge

April 11th, 2014, 9:44 pm #33

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]During the last few weeks, the number of page views outside of the U.S. has vastly increased for both Ukraine and Russia. We may attribute this to the current situation in that part of the world.

This is the first time that Ukraine or any other country has surpassed the U.S. in number of page views (as of this writing today):

"Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets."
1 Chronicles 13:8 (NKJV)

"The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."
Exodus 15:2 (KJV)

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God:
many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."
Psalm 40:3 (KJV)

"Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life."
Psalm 42:8 (KJV)

"Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens."
Psalm 148:1-4 (NIV)

"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a
two-edged sword in their hand"
Psalm 149:6 (KJV)

"Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD. Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven."
Psalm 148:11-13 (KJV)

"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually,
that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name."
Hebrews 13:15 (KJV)

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."
Psalm 103:1-2 (NLT)

"Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wondrous works!"
1 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day."
1 Chronicles 16:23 (NKJV)

"To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
Psalm 30:12 (NKJV)

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name,
O Most High;"
Psalm 92:1 (NKJV)

April 12th, 2014, 2:51 pm #34

Ken,
If you don't watch out, you are going to be so drawn by the fire and being sure to see that those musikators get their damnation and what is truly coming to them.....that you might not hear being asked to go to the right. Arrogance and love mixes like oil and water.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Servant,

A good way to respond to an argument in a narrative format is to present in return an argument in a narrative format.

In the above post, the personal pronoun "you" was used 3 times. Getting "personal" with your "personal" judgments?

So, we're looking for your affirmative/negative argument in response to a premise or subject matter, according to "Rules of Debate." It was missing in the above post.[/color]

April 12th, 2014, 3:02 pm #35

1 Chronicles 16:9
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 16:7
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalm 18:3
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 28:6
Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.

Psalm 59:17
O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.

Psalm 66:20
Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds his name is the LORD and rejoice before him.

Psalm 149:3
Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

Psalm 150:2
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Psalm 150:6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Hebrews 13:15
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praisethe fruit of lips that confess his name.

James 5:13
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 4:16
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

Revelation 5:12
In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Sarge,

Great job on doing a search for the word "praise" in the Bible.

This passage (Psalm 149:3) caught my attention: "Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp."

"Dancing."

I'm wondering if all the passages quoted have anything to do with "the assembly of saints." If so, when should a congregation incorporate "dancing" into its gathering?[/color]

April 12th, 2014, 3:21 pm #36

Psalm 150

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Psalm 150

Praise ye the Lord.

Praise God in his sanctuary:
praise him in the firmament of his power.

Praise him for his mighty acts:
praise him according to his excellent greatness.

Praise him with the sound of the trumpet:
praise him with the psaltery and harp.

Praise him with the timbrel and dance:
praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Praise him upon the loud cymbals:
praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord.

Praise ye the Lord.

Ken you can twist the Word and lace it with mythology but the Word of God still stands, and always will.

"Mythology" [the word you used] is presented here for a reason. History records and reveals what humankind has believed and done for ages.

We've presented these "acts and activities" of humankind to contrast man's behavior and self-imposed rules of worship with what the Scripture reveals to us. In fact, the Scripture speaks of how the pagan worships the gods, as well as the evil deeds of mankind.

No, this is not a case of twisting the Word and lacing it with mythology. NOT AT ALL."[/color]

April 12th, 2014, 3:33 pm #37

"Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets."
1 Chronicles 13:8 (NKJV)

"The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."
Exodus 15:2 (KJV)

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God:
many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."
Psalm 40:3 (KJV)

"Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life."
Psalm 42:8 (KJV)

"Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens."
Psalm 148:1-4 (NIV)

"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a
two-edged sword in their hand"
Psalm 149:6 (KJV)

"Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD. Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven."
Psalm 148:11-13 (KJV)

"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually,
that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name."
Hebrews 13:15 (KJV)

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."
Psalm 103:1-2 (NLT)

"Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wondrous works!"
1 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day."
1 Chronicles 16:23 (NKJV)

"To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
Psalm 30:12 (NKJV)

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name,
O Most High;"
Psalm 92:1 (NKJV)

We know about these passages. We know about David the psalmist, the inventor (Amos 6:5) and a music lover. And your point is __________. What are we to do now in "the assembly of saints"?[/color]

April 12th, 2014, 3:56 pm #38

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Based on the earlier stats report (with the U.S. excluded), the page views between Ukraine [39.5%] and Russia [12.7%] would be presented as follows:[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="2" face="courier]
Ukraine --------------- 75.7%
Russian Federation ---- 24.3%
=============================
---------------------- 100.0%

Here's yesterday's page viewing stats (4/11/2014) between the two countries:

Ukraine --------------- 92.5%
Russian Federation ---- 07.5%
=============================
---------------------- 100.0%[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]FYI, Poland surpassed Russia for the first time. Of course, these are trending stats on page views. They vary on a daily/weekly basis.[/color]

April 12th, 2014, 5:42 pm #39

The word Psallo is used to translate the Hebrew Zamar. There is no singing in a tuneful sense in the whole Bible. You will notice that Zamar is based on pruning a vine or chopping it into small pieces. This is never tuneful in a musical sense but was like HYMN a Hebrew Cantillation. The Biblical Text (only) was divided into syllables and read or chanted as RHYMIC PROSE: this made hearing the WORD (only) at a distance possible. Jesus spoke from the side of a hill as a natural ampitheater but did not have any BACK UP MUSICIANS to AID His Word.

Psallo is rooted in the SOP concept of grinding something into pieces.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 12th, 2014, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Servant
Servant

April 14th, 2014, 1:02 am #40

Donnie said "We know about David the psalmist, the inventor (Amos 6:5) and a music lover."

Does Amos 6:5 put David down for using/playing instruments? NO. The negative connotation and message in Amos 6::5 is for those who use such instruments in a way not intended to worship God. The author here needed someone to have an example for someone who used instruments, and never intended to bring a bad light to David. Men have continued to abuse this Scripture for their own sinful means.

Why do men such as Donnie and Ken continue to abuse Amos 6:5? Because they have taken what others have said and regurgitated such without due study, and therefore continue to abuse the Scriptures. They believe what they have heard instead of taking what they have heard and with proper study...found the Truth. Is this what Donnie considers 'the old paths?'