Bill
Bill

April 6th, 2014, 9:58 pm #11

So, in a circuitous way, you are saying that having only two like-minded posters (you and Ken) is the ideal for this site. Once again, why not go ahead and make this just a read-only site? It's basically that anyway now. All you have to do is inactivate the "Respond to this message" buttons, and no one will ever be able to take issue with you and Ken here ever again.

April 6th, 2014, 10:43 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]All that Bill has to do is NOT to click the "Respond to this message" button in order to stop his agony. We'll see. (I think I already know -- he wants to prolong a "non-issue" issue of his own.)[/color]

April 7th, 2014, 12:31 am #13

Donnie I am sure that the Eastern European Missions is very active in the Ukraine.

They have wobbled toward the unbiblical stance on the music and probably other issues.

It would be good if someone responded so we can get in contact. It is important that everyone understands that the Historic Church of Christ is defined by Christ as A School of the Word. It has no reason to get involved in any kind of governmental issues. A Church of Christ can operate anywhere and is not a threat to government. Many in high places have recognized that they have a better citizenry if they are trained in principles of morality.

Based on institutional religionism they have ever reason to be wary of groups claiming to be Christian but are active in opposing the powers ordained.

A Church of Christ does not have any TAXING powers and there is no command for a collection plate which might be seen by some as a threat. In all ages citizen societies have existed to SERVE the poor and not be served.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]This report is relevant:[/color]
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times] Source: Michael C. Armour Church of Christ in Ukraine[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Perhaps, someone can provide additional (or the correct) information regarding the Madison congregation's past [or present] mission efforts in either Ukraine or Russia. There was one Sunday years ago, I recall, when a missionary family returned to the U.S. to report to the congregation progress of its mission efforts.

The "Vision 2000" project (including the construction of the "church mall" and other worship-friendly-to-seekers attractions) may have been too costly [indebtedness extended to several years] for the church to afford mission efforts of that nature in that part of the world.

... not until the congregation's leadership (i.e., the elders -- not the employed-salaried "Worship Leader") makes the Scripture-based decision to return to "the old paths."

Jeremiah 6:16 -- [/color][color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein."[/color]

Bill
Bill

April 7th, 2014, 12:33 am #14

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]All that Bill has to do is NOT to click the "Respond to this message" button in order to stop his agony. We'll see. (I think I already know -- he wants to prolong a "non-issue" issue of his own.)[/color]
OK, so Donnie prefers to keep the "Respond" button active, despite the fact that it has become virtually obsolete on this site. That makes perfect sense.

Servant
Servant

April 7th, 2014, 12:41 am #15

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave, the intent of this thread is to provide some stats regarding this religious discussion board's readership. We may do this once in a while to satisfy one's curiosity. In particular, both Ukraine and the Russian Fed. are among the top viewers below the U.S., but this report has really caught my attention -- a rather unsual one.

The question is why the increase in percentages. Is it due to the ["Google"] search for "concerned" ... "Church of Christ" ... "change" ... "change agents" ... "progressive" ... "Trinity" ... "instrumental music" ... etc.? Who knows?

What did you mean by "the US and worldly news" (with the emphasis on "worldly")?

No, this religious forum is not the substitute for the U.S. news or for reporting social or political issues and world events.

Yes, this religious forum will continue to be about the change agents and their schemes to subvert the church that Christ established, with their intent to conform to the doctrines and teachings of their denominational neighbors. (There seems to be some "awakening" going on and weakening in their efforts as "entertaining worship" followers ["truth seekers" is the progressive term] are finding out that "holy entertainment" already exists in Charismatic and denominational churches. In fact, "holy entertainment," when incorporated into the church assembly, drives many of its own members away with only a few non-members to replace them.)

Exposing false teachings and doctrines is not equivalent to belittling of Christians.[/color]
Donnie,
You said "There seems to be some "awakening" going on and weakening in their efforts as "entertaining worship" followers ["truth seekers" is the progressive term] are finding out that "holy entertainment" already exists in Charismatic and denominational churches."

Why would you say that "There seems to be...." without data to follow? You do that quite often. 'In your mind' doesn't qualify as facts. You assume and conjure up stories to scare people into believing what you would have them to believe. As you can see, Donnie, people aren't being mislead by you and your assumptions. The only scaring you are doing....is scaring people away from this site. Now that....is a fact. No one posts here, except the few that continue to warn others about this site. Bill is as near a narcissist as I have ever seen, but he is right on one point (Bill, sorry, but one point doesn't mean ALL--> a mind of a narcissist)...that point being you could stop all of this by not just editing and deleting some of my posts, as you have done in the past, but by just making it a 'read-only site.' It is the only way you can ever be right and not have to prove it.

April 7th, 2014, 1:07 am #16

OK, so Donnie prefers to keep the "Respond" button active, despite the fact that it has become virtually obsolete on this site. That makes perfect sense.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

You just proved my point.

Please stop agonizing over the "Respond" button. If nothing else, it's kept to enable you to respond. Would you not want to be heard?[/color]

Bill
Bill

April 7th, 2014, 1:23 am #17

Who's "agonizing"? I'm just "funnin'" with Donnie, who takes himself so very seriously. Of course, to "fun" with him, I do have to use the "Respond" button. BUT, if it were not there, then I couldn't "fun" with Donnie, and there wouldn't be any non-issue posts (his words) for him to review.

So, since the useless "Respond" button is still there and since virtually no one is using it for much of anything "serious," I might as well use it for a bit of levity.

April 7th, 2014, 1:40 am #18

Donnie,
You said "There seems to be some "awakening" going on and weakening in their efforts as "entertaining worship" followers ["truth seekers" is the progressive term] are finding out that "holy entertainment" already exists in Charismatic and denominational churches."

Why would you say that "There seems to be...." without data to follow? You do that quite often. 'In your mind' doesn't qualify as facts. You assume and conjure up stories to scare people into believing what you would have them to believe. As you can see, Donnie, people aren't being mislead by you and your assumptions. The only scaring you are doing....is scaring people away from this site. Now that....is a fact. No one posts here, except the few that continue to warn others about this site. Bill is as near a narcissist as I have ever seen, but he is right on one point (Bill, sorry, but one point doesn't mean ALL--> a mind of a narcissist)...that point being you could stop all of this by not just editing and deleting some of my posts, as you have done in the past, but by just making it a 'read-only site.' It is the only way you can ever be right and not have to prove it.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Servant,

It's good that you pay attention to details. However, there is a difference between "there seems to be" and "there is." One is based on observation or gut-feeling; the other on facts.

I'll leave my statement as is: "There seems to be...." Based on my observation. I believe that readers are intelligent enough to discern when numerical data is or is not provided.

By the way, "holy entertainment" is characteristic of Community Churches and other progressive churches in their "worship" centers.

Perhaps, you and Bill can agree to discuss instrumental music in the assembly. That would make a lively, interesting thread. As you know, the "Respond" button will always be there.[/color]

April 7th, 2014, 2:37 am #19

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]This report is relevant:[/color]
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times] Source: Michael C. Armour Church of Christ in Ukraine[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Perhaps, someone can provide additional (or the correct) information regarding the Madison congregation's past [or present] mission efforts in either Ukraine or Russia. There was one Sunday years ago, I recall, when a missionary family returned to the U.S. to report to the congregation progress of its mission efforts.

The "Vision 2000" project (including the construction of the "church mall" and other worship-friendly-to-seekers attractions) may have been too costly [indebtedness extended to several years] for the church to afford mission efforts of that nature in that part of the world.

... not until the congregation's leadership (i.e., the elders -- not the employed-salaried "Worship Leader") makes the Scripture-based decision to return to "the old paths."

Jeremiah 6:16 -- [/color][color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein."[/color]
We supported EEM until Mike Armour took over. They decided that the people could not read the bible so they rewrote it. Isn't that amazing. The "Let's Talk" program involves some "kids" I knew in Seattle. Their theology may have changed but the get into "places" because the teach reading English by using the Bible. Real shame that NO ONE YOU KNOW thinks anyone can understand without being masticated by parasites.

I have reviewd Mike Armours take on instrumental music: I will clean it up and post a link.

William
William

April 7th, 2014, 5:58 am #20

Although it is good to see that international persons are interested in this site for whatever reason, be careful. That part of the world seems to raise up hackers from stones.