The Words or the Word

Dave
Dave

October 17th, 2013, 6:56 pm #1

Let's trash it!

Knowing the Bible is one thing
Knowing the Author is another

Do you have a personal relationship with God and Jesus?

I know that this question still makes some people cringe.

John 5
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life."

Knowing the Words but yet not knowing the Word.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 17th, 2013, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 18th, 2013, 12:07 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]What are you trying to say, Dave? Are you delivering a message (preaching) or are you bringing up something for us to discuss?[/color]

October 18th, 2013, 1:40 am #3

Let's trash it!

John 5
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life."

Back to basics: WORD defines something SPOKEN. If you say Duh? that is A Word. If you say, Duh, huh? they be wordS as in plural. Jesus spoke the WORDS God breathed into Him and what one heard was the WORD. However, Word or Words as in LOGOS never speaks of a PEOPLE but what that people speaks. Jesus was the only Audible and Visible WORD of God. However, when Jesus inspired the WRITTEN word what we read on paper these centuries later is still THE LOGOS simply because we understand that the written Word was never a people but the spirit or mind or mental disposition of that people.

Now, look at the MEANING of LOGOS and it is never a PEOPLE but is used to PERSONIFY the Word.

<font face="arial" size="4">People who say that they preach the WORD are telling a lie. The RATIONAL discourse of God EXCLUDES introductions, personal accounts (mostly lies says Gallup), rhetoric, poetry, music, playing instruments, acting or drama (what we learned them at ACU, LU etal)

Jesus as Son had NO INPUT into the words which He spoke from the father. The spirit OF Christ or the spirit OF Truth (thy Word is Truth) brings to the Apostles memory only what Jesus in the flesh taught them. Therefore, anytime anyone hints that A Spirit person guides them beyond the sacred pages they cannot RECITE THE LOGOS because God makes certain that "the Devils got their tongue." The SONS of the Devil says Jesus speak on their own.
</font>

Dave
Dave

October 20th, 2013, 7:51 pm #4

Let's trash it!

John 5

Donnie or Ken,
Why was this original post edited? Why would you change it? If you are going to add something, wouldn't you place quotation marks in it and claim authorship?
That is downright immoral.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.