"The Wall of Shame"

Donnie
Donnie

September 14th, 2010, 4:58 pm #21

There's a difference between someone's "typo" and someone who misspells "there, their, they're, affect, effect, whose, who's, its, it's, etc." Did you notice "New Testament" was not a typo?

Rocnar
Rocnar

September 14th, 2010, 5:15 pm #22

I never called it a misspelled word. I agree it was a typo and a mistake.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2010, 6:02 pm #23

There's a difference between someone's "typo" and someone who misspells "there, their, they're, affect, effect, whose, who's, its, it's, etc." Did you notice "New Testament" was not a typo?
Rocnar (rancor) must be deliberately looking to pick a fight. That's the act of a "troll." I usually don't correct people's minor typos unless the typo could convy a wrong meaning. I DO correct people's misspellings; for example, I've seen "epitome" completely butchered as "epitamy" (ring a bell, Dave?) and "inseparable" completely butchered as "inseparateable" (ring a bell, Walt?). Maybe it would be better if rancor remained in the Special Viper's Den where he is more comfortable.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2010, 7:52 pm #24

Maybe rancor can find another typo in my last post. Did I put it there for him to discover? That'll be something for him to gnaw on.

Rocnar
Rocnar

September 14th, 2010, 7:58 pm #25

Rocnar (rancor) must be deliberately looking to pick a fight. That's the act of a "troll." I usually don't correct people's minor typos unless the typo could convy a wrong meaning. I DO correct people's misspellings; for example, I've seen "epitome" completely butchered as "epitamy" (ring a bell, Dave?) and "inseparable" completely butchered as "inseparateable" (ring a bell, Walt?). Maybe it would be better if rancor remained in the Special Viper's Den where he is more comfortable.
Dr. Crump, perhaps a class in "proofreading 101a" would help you in your dilemma. After all, you are "The English Cop".

Maybe this lession will be good for you. Maybe you will not be so quick to "look down your nose" at people.

I will not respond to your name calling. I think it is quite childish and telling about your state of mind.

Dr. Crump, I think we are done here.

Rocnar
Rocnar

September 14th, 2010, 11:02 pm #26

After FS closed down, I have received an email everytime Dr. Crump has posted on CM. It will be a copy of Dr. Crumps recent post. The email address contains the word "cootum". Sometimes the email had comments about Dr. Crumps post. I felt at first this email was from Dr. Crump, however I am not sure that is the case. In fact, I no longer believe the email is from Dr. Crump.

I confess that I have messed with Dr. Crump somewhat on my own. Who could resist? Howevever, I have decided to block the email and not be bothered by this email anymore.

Maybe someone thought it would be funny to fool with me and encourage me to post at CM. I have no bad feelings for anyone. Maybe I was the stupid one. I did exchange email addresses with some people at FS, Dr. Crump was not one of them.

I wish everyone the very best (including Dr. Crump) and I can truly say I have learned some things on this forum. I may check in every once in a while but I will no longer post. God Bless you all.

Rocnar

Dave
Dave

September 15th, 2010, 12:11 am #27

Is Dave telling us he's not familiar with the phrase "God didn't say not to" that some people use to defend IM in Christian worship? I don't think Dave is that naive--or is he? Perhaps Dave would have us believe he would never use that phrase to defend IM. Neither are we that naive.
For Donnie----William Crump could care less about whether it is a typo or misspelling. He gets his jollies from finding either a typo or misspelling. When people retire you would think that they would develop worthwhile hobbies and pastimes. I would suggest that he spend time over at the different children hospitals, but why would someone do that if they don't believe that God can actually heal those beautiful kids??? Trying to defend William Crump on that one, Donnie, is going down with a sinking ship.

For William Crump...
You KNOW because you and the concerned members possy have discussed IM with me to no end and you KNOW that I have never used the phrase 'God didn't say not to.' I don't have to. Oh, and William, you used quotation marks after 'God didn't say not to.' If you didn't assign the saying/quote to a particular person (you had your chance to land that quote on me, but didn't have the nerve to do so). Perhaps this is a TESTAMENT (or is it testment?) to your not being near the english cop that you claim to be. Since you did NOT give the quote to a particular person then it CANNOT be used with " ".
What's gotten into you lately William?
Bad day? Week? Month?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 15th, 2010, 12:17 am #28

Dr. Crump, perhaps a class in "proofreading 101a" would help you in your dilemma. After all, you are "The English Cop".

Maybe this lession will be good for you. Maybe you will not be so quick to "look down your nose" at people.

I will not respond to your name calling. I think it is quite childish and telling about your state of mind.

What name-calling? That "rocnar" is an anagram for "rancor" but he wants to play childish games and be known with the scrambled name of "rocnar"? Please, give us a break. BTW, "name-calling" is not two separate words; it's a hyphenated word. Rancor mentioned "remedial training." That's funny, because a remedial course in how to use the dictionary would help rancor with his word dilemma. Sometimes rancor can post some really funny material. But I'll tell him a little secret: Concerned Members is not an audition site for Comedy Central.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 15th, 2010, 12:31 am #29

Perhaps rancor objects to his having fit the description of a "troll." Definition of troll as used here: noun slang computing a person who submits deliberately inflammatory articles to an internet discussion (source: dictionary.com). Rancor tried to start an argument by making a mountain out of a simple typo. Only a troll would do that. So if the shoe fits...

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 15th, 2010, 1:09 am #30

After FS closed down, I have received an email everytime Dr. Crump has posted on CM. It will be a copy of Dr. Crumps recent post. The email address contains the word "cootum". Sometimes the email had comments about Dr. Crumps post. I felt at first this email was from Dr. Crump, however I am not sure that is the case. In fact, I no longer believe the email is from Dr. Crump.

I confess that I have messed with Dr. Crump somewhat on my own. Who could resist? Howevever, I have decided to block the email and not be bothered by this email anymore.

Maybe someone thought it would be funny to fool with me and encourage me to post at CM. I have no bad feelings for anyone. Maybe I was the stupid one. I did exchange email addresses with some people at FS, Dr. Crump was not one of them.

I wish everyone the very best (including Dr. Crump) and I can truly say I have learned some things on this forum. I may check in every once in a while but I will no longer post. God Bless you all.

Rocnar
For the record, I never sent rancor/rocnar any emails.