September 14th, 2015, 1:58 am #41

It may be a fallacy to you, but it's not to others. You are entitled to your opinions just as much as everyone else is entitled to theirs in academic matters such as these. I call them "academic matters" simply because no one is drawing the line between the saved and the lost over them. And if no one is drawing the line, then one person's opinion carries just as much weight as another person's. The kicker is whether or not we're mature enough to be able to accept the opinions of others without becoming upset and resorting to the ole puerile I-am-right-you-are-wrong attitude.
You are correct: that's what God wants you to believe.

Gen. 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen. 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake;
.....for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth;
.....neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
Deut. 31:21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them,
.....that this song shall testify against them as a witness;
.....for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed:
.....for I know their imagination which they go about,
.....even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.
Jer. 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD;
Jer. 7:24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear,
.....but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart,
.....and went backward, and not forward.
Jer. 11:8 Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear,
.....but walked every one in the imagination of their evil heart:
.....therefore I will bring upon them all the words of this covenant,
.....which I commanded them to do; but they did them not.
Jer. 13:10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words,
.....which walk in the imagination of their heart,
.....and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them,
..........shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
Jer. 16:12 And ye have done worse than your fathers;
.....for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart,
..... that they may not hearken unto me:
Jer. 18:12 And they said, There is no hope:
..... but we will walk after our own devices,
.....and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.
Jer. 23:17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said,
.....Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one
.....that walketh after the imagination of his own heart,
.....No evil shall come upon you.

Take Comfort, Bill, you belong to the overwhelming Volkism OF the World. People LOVE to join Great Companies: Hitler gloated over the fact that if you can get people to MASS up they can be defeated "without knowing that they gambled away their kingdom." That is the GOAL of the Mega churches or any GROWTH CENTERED institution.</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 14th, 2015, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 14th, 2015, 2:34 am #42

Let's be clear about 2 Peter 1:20-21:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Note this commentary from The Nelson Study Bible (NKJV):

"Although some have taken ['of any private interpretation'] to mean that no individual Christian has the right to interpret prophecy for himself or herself, the context and the Greek word for interpretation indicates another meaning for the verse. The Greek word for interpretation can also mean "origin." In the context of v. 21, it is clear that Peter is speaking of Scripture's "origin" from God Himself and not the credentials of the one who interprets it. There is no private source for the Bible; the prophets did not supply their own solutions or explanations to the mysteries of life."

And commentary from The King James Study Bible:

"'Prophecy' may be used here as a general term for divine revelation. 'Private interpretation' means 'origination.' Thus, true revelation does not originate by the will of man."

Scripture does not originate from man, yet each person must read the Scripture and interpret for himself what the Scripture means. Thus, some interpret the Scripture to mean that Jesus is God; others do not. Some interpret the Scripture to mean that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are grouped as three-in-one or one-in-three; others do not.

One thing is certain, however: since the Scripture does not draw the proverbial "line" between the saved and the lost about these two particular subjects, then neither shall we.
2 Peter 1 affirms that Jesus made the prophecies more certain: that is, He expounded or certified the prophecies.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.1.Prophecy ... ation.html

The Spirit OF CHRIST define the future Church of Christ both inclusively and exclusively of anything beyond being a School of the Word. Isaiah 55 commands me not to pay for the "free water of the Word" and Isaiah 58 outlaws "seeking our own pleasure or speaking our own words."

The Pattern, Road or WAY has been established in the Prophets by Christ: that applied to the godly Jews who were quarantined from the Temple or modern "worship service" pretending to honor God but getting paid for worship leading.

Epilusis (g1955)ep-il'-oo-sis; from 1956; explanation, i.e. application: - interpretation.
Epiluo (g1956) ep-ee-loo'-o; from 1909 and 3089; to solve further, i.e. (fig.) to explain, decide: - determine, expound.

That is why the UNIQUE pattern from the wilderness onward was to PREACH the Word (logos) by READING the Word. The word "rehearsing" is involved in the beginning and ending of the week: that is defined in the New Testament because LEARNING is ZIP if you listen to a lecture but you must recite the text so that each disciple GOES HOME with more than an empty purse.

Epilusis includes ALL of the ACTS of the assembly beyond as being COMMANDED "A School of the Word." Writing songs and sermons attempt to FURTHER EXPOUND what Jesus has expounded and the eye-- and ear-- witnesses left for OUR MEMORY. Peter defines a false teacher who despises the Spirit by refusing to as commanded of the elders to "teach that which HAS been taught."

Remember we sing "Jesus paid it all?"

September 14th, 2015, 4:04 am #43

It may be a fallacy to you, but it's not to others. You are entitled to your opinions just as much as everyone else is entitled to theirs in academic matters such as these. I call them "academic matters" simply because no one is drawing the line between the saved and the lost over them. And if no one is drawing the line, then one person's opinion carries just as much weight as another person's. The kicker is whether or not we're mature enough to be able to accept the opinions of others without becoming upset and resorting to the ole puerile I-am-right-you-are-wrong attitude.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

Acts 2:36 is very, very clear: "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

God made Jesus the crucified BOTH Lord and Christ.

And that's not a fallacy. If it is, then refute it ... and you could have begun doing that instead in your 100-word post above.[/color]

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]That was Peter's declaration (in Acts 2:36) just prior to saying, "Repent and be baptized in the name of Christ...." (Acts 2:38)[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on September 14th, 2015, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

September 14th, 2015, 5:14 am #44

Are you mature enough to accept the opinions of others who don't share your specific opinion in these academic matters? What is "specific" to you may not be "specific" to others. Learn to accept that in academic matters, opinions vary. Your opinion is merely one of many.

September 14th, 2015, 6:22 am #45

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Are you mature enough to recognize the fact that I've been quoting scripture after scripture with very little explanation?

Most of your same-worded posts have nothing to do with specific topics being discussed. Instead, they're full of comments about "opinions," "academic matters," "drawing the line between the saved and the lost," "I-am-right-you-are-wrong," "private interpretation," etc. Review your posts and see that very little or nothing has to do with the topics being discussed.

We've been open to opinions and interpretations because that's typical of religious forums. We've been publishing them. In fact, this board is more likely to ignore unnecessary comments like those above than to ignore opinions and interpretations regarding specific doctrinal topics.

Acts 2:36 is very important and relevant to the subject of this thread.

And you have no reaction -- yes or no or maybe -- to the truth that God made Jesus both Lord and Christ? If you prefer to substitute "Jesus" for "God" in the passage, feel free to express that opinion; it will be published.[/color]

Bill
Bill

September 14th, 2015, 12:28 pm #46

Are you mature enough to realize that, with academic issues such as these, what Scripture means to one person may mean something else to another person? Are you mature enough to realize that people do have different interpretations of Scripture, and that with academic issues, one opinion is just as weighty and meaningful as another? Are you mature enough to realize that "God made Jesus Lord and Christ" to some people is just another way of saying that Jesus is God, that Jesus and God are inseparable, while it says something else to others?

With academic issues, your opinion is not necessarily the only "correct" one.

September 14th, 2015, 3:11 pm #47

You should go back to LU: they will give you a degree in Theology!

Eph. 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph. 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph. 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

The Spiritual Formationists claim they can get the REAL TRUE meaning WITHOUT reading the Words of the Text.

Maybe we need to send people back to school of reading and a godly church to quite telling God that He cannot communicate very well. I sure wouldn't doc operating on my dead body!!

My cat knows that her conversation is not double-tongued and I jump when she speaks.

The Progressives also dispute a believers power to read black text on white paper. However, in one of my last "investments" the preacher said that HE could understand and be your MEDIATOR.

September 15th, 2015, 12:48 am #48

We are aware that the Bible mentions some mythology; in fact only about 11 percent of all verses in the Bible that deal with mythology are found in the New Testament. Since Christians follow the tenets of the New Testament, then we need not be consumed with mythology to train ourselves for godliness.
How would you reject UNGODLINESS if you did not know it when it appears in the pulpit?<font>

1Tim. 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
1Tim. 4:7 But refuse profane [Jewish notions] and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2Pet. 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty

Any SPEAKING which is not LOGOS (the Regulative principle) is a MYTH. Songs and sermons are MYTHS because they SILENCE the LOGOS or Word OF God which is GOD made knowable.

Muthos 2. fiction (OPPOSITE logos, historic truth) embroidered lies Poikilos
2. of Art, p. humnos a song of changeful strain or full of diverse art, Pi.O.6.87; “poikilon kitharizōn” [guitar] Id.N.4.14; “dedaidalmenoi pseudesi poikilois muthoi” Id.O.1.29; of style, “lexis poiētikōtera kai p.” Isoc.15.47 (Comp.); “skhēmatismoi” D.H.Is.3.

Bill and Doc are violating Christ's command and PAYING someone to speak and act out pure myths or fables and they don't WANT to be told. That fits the predestined pattern.

Jewish fables has large church with a top down organization (temple, ziggurat) are all built upon Jewish Fables.

</font>

September 15th, 2015, 1:24 am #49

For some strange reason the thread Every Wonder Why has become the place to hide all of the facts proving that there is ONE GOD THE FATHER and ONE LORD AND CHRIST THE MAN.

The Holy Book of the Great Invisible Spirit: The Gospels of the Egyptians repeated at Mount Sinai:

http://www.piney.com/EgyGospEgypt.html

We have noted over the ages that ALL pagans had a trinity and a trinity is simply nonsense unless you have a father, a mother (spirit) and a begotten son.

We have noted that while the DISCORDERS claim there is nothing against using musical machines in what they call WORSHIP SERVICES, the Israelites fell back into Egyptian-Trinitarian-Instrumental worship of PLAY. Romans 1 as well as all of the Scriptures define PLAY as playing instruments to make a noise and playing with one another: that is the little epic performance between the PLAY LEADER and the audience in harmony or moving or gyrating their bodies in "harmony" which is moving together. That is why the music word INCLUDES dance or some other thing like Goose-Clapping. The Fuller lady and her daughters boast that music produces a sexual-like climax with the spirit.

Translated by Alexander Bohlig and Frederik Wisse
The holy book of the Egyptians about the great invisible Spirit, the Father whose name cannot be uttered, he who came forth from the heights of the perfection, the light of the light of the aeons of light, the light of the silence of the providence (and) the Father of the silence, the light of the word and the truth, the light of the incorruptions, the infinite light, the radiance from the aeons of light of the unrevealable, unmarked, ageless, unproclaimable Father, the aeon of the aeons, Autogenes, self-begotten, self-producing, alien, the really true aeon.

Three powers came forth from him; they are the Father, the Mother, (and) the Son, from the living silence, what came forth from the incorruptible Father. These came forth from the silence of the unknown Father.

And from that place, Domedon Doxomedon came forth, the aeon of the aeons and the light of each one of their powers. And thus the Son came forth fourth; the Mother fifth; the Father sixth. He was [...] but unheralded; it is he who is unmarked among all the powers, the glories, and the incorruptions.

From that place, the three powers came forth, the three ogdoads that the Father brings forth in silence with his providence, from his bosom, i.e., the Father, the Mother, (and) the Son.

The (FIRST) ogdoad, because of which the thrice-male child came forth,
which is the thought, and the word, and the incorruption,
and the eternal life, the will, the mind, and the foreknowledge, the androgynous Father.

The SECOND ogdoad-power, the Mother, the virginal Barbelon, epititioch [...]ai, memeneaimen[...], who presides over the heaven, karb[...], the uninterpretable power, the ineffable Mother. She originated from herself [...]; she came forth; she agreed with the Father of the silent silence.

There is also a strong vitalistic formulation of these principles in Gnostic doctrines, especially in the Ophite and Barbelo-Gnostic (worshipping Barbelo as the Great Mother of life) varieties, which identify the pneuma and the light with the vital substance. Britannica Members

The THIRD ogdoad-power, the Son of the silent silence, and the crown of the silent silence, and the glory of the Father, and the virtue of the Mother, he brings forth from the bosom the seven powers of the great light of the seven voices. And the word is their completion.

These are the three powers, the three ogdoads that the Father, through his providence, brought forth from his bosom. He brought them forth at that place.

Domedon Doxomedon came forth, the aeon of the aeons, and the throne which is in him, and the powers which surround him, the glories and the incorruptions. The Father of the great light who came forth from the silence, he is the great Doxomedon-aeon, in which the thrice- male child rests.

And the throne of his glory was established in it, this one on which his unrevealable name is inscribed, on the tablet [...] one is the word, the Father of the light of everything, he who came forth from the silence, while he rests in the silence, he whose name is in an invisible symbol. A hidden, invisible mystery came forth:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE oooooooooooooooooooooo uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is the Ephesian Letters repeated 7 times. A Laded Burden is repeating any song over and over or even returning to repeat the same songs is idolatry: "Saying the Hallel daily is idolatry."

The NEO-trinity invented by H. Leo Boles of Lipscomb and the Gospel Advocate were the first to define three, separated persons in the people sense first preached at Freed Hardeman in 1938 and first published in 1942. If you follow the TRINITY you are locked into the feminist MOTHER worship. That is why a Voice "up there" identified Jesus as the SON of a FATHER in contrast to the DAUGHTER of a MOTHER.

Sophia was the mediator of the Jews: the Greeks identified SOPHIA worship as musical and perverted.

They identified the LOGOS as masculine and WORD-CENTERED.
It is a fact noted about the Devil and Erasmus that those NOT OF the Little Flock believe that if they find a verse which they think proves their vain imagination they sell it as part of cumulative proof if you can stack up several example. Noted scholars say that Jesus was DIVINE because God gave Him the power not available to mankind. Not good scholarship.

The Spiritual Formation including Lectio Divina--which violates reading the lections of Divine Scripture--believe that if you find a useable word or phrase and not try to understand the written context a spirit will give you the TRUE TRUTH which cannot be contained in texts so you need to hire those who hear "audible sounds" of "a" spirit or see visions. That is the MARK to identify those OF the World Order and from whom God hides and Jesus does not pray.

1 John 5:20 has lots of vain imagination but a DISCIPLE of Christ will never take an unclear translation for CLEAR passages.

September 15th, 2015, 2:52 am #50

Are you mature enough to realize that, with academic issues such as these, what Scripture means to one person may mean something else to another person? Are you mature enough to realize that people do have different interpretations of Scripture, and that with academic issues, one opinion is just as weighty and meaningful as another? Are you mature enough to realize that "God made Jesus Lord and Christ" to some people is just another way of saying that Jesus is God, that Jesus and God are inseparable, while it says something else to others?

With academic issues, your opinion is not necessarily the only "correct" one.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Are you mature enough to realize that you keep repeating the same expressions that have nothing to do with the topic:

-- "opinions,"
-- "academic matters,"
-- "drawing the line between the saved and the lost,"
-- "I-am-right-you-are-wrong,"
-- "private interpretation,"
-- "different interpretations," etc.

Wow! Brilliant thoughts!!! Please stop it: WE ALREADY KNOW THAT!!! It's human nature!!!

Bill could have simply stated his belief as follows:[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]"I [Bill] believe: (1) that Jesus the Son of God is God and (2) that the Son is also the Father; therefore, Jesus made himself both Lord and Christ." [/color]