December 27th, 2017, 2:13 am #11

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Since it is impossible to visit all of the Progressive Churches of Christ, one way to find out is to check out the websites of these churches whose "pastors" [oH, excuse me: "senior" ministers] support the liberal views regarding church "doctrines." These websites may not reveal much of what actually occurs during their "Christmas Worship Services," but it's a start and they can give you an idea of their practices related to "the birth of Jesus in December." [Pagan dating of the birth of Christ.]

You may visit the websites of the now-Community Churches that prominent change agents have transformed into:

Max Lucado and the former Oak Hills Church of Christ (now the Oak Hills Church).

Rick Atchley and the former Richland Hills Church of Christ (now The Hills Church) -- you may view this one: https://vimeo.com/246828506 ("CHRISTMAS REFRAMED").

Al Maxey's Church.

And others.[/color]

December 27th, 2017, 4:37 am #12

-------------------------
Posted by: Dave
(no login) 66.112.162.15
Message Title: LOOOOOK
December 26 2017, 11:24 PM
-------------------------

"Since it is impossible to visit all of the Progressive Churches of Christ,..."

:}

One can always assume. Look Donnie. LOOK HARD DONNIE. Strain that gnat. You can do it.

Websites Donnie.....HINT HINT.

December 27th, 2017, 4:55 am #13

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

It is not an assumption. Did you link to: https://vimeo.com/246828506 Christmas programming at Rick Atchley's former RHCC?

You wouldn't see it -- I don't really expect you to see it. Why can one of the "birds of a feather" like you not see it? I don't blame you for not seeing it. Other progressives can't see it, either.[/color]

December 27th, 2017, 6:40 am #14

Post by: Dave
Message Title: YES!!!
December 27 2017, 1:06 AM
----------------------------

Well Done Donnie.

December 27th, 2017, 6:47 am #15

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Thanks, Dave.

You made it easy for me to get you to admit that you are a progressive/liberal -- not a conservative -- in doctrinal matters. [/color]

December 27th, 2017, 9:12 pm #16

Donnie, since I didn't admit it, as you say I did, would you consider that a lie?

I'm just saying...
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 27th, 2017, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 27th, 2017, 11:45 pm #17

December 27 2017, 6:30 PM

Ken, when you edit something to what YOU WANT it to say, unless it is your own saying, that is slander. Old doesn't give you the right to be stupid.

December 27th, 2017, 11:49 pm #18

As the only way to post your valuable stuff, I have to copy it and paste it and then RESPOND. That is to let you chatter before Donnie has the time to do a strange "submit." I don't edit it.

Since I feel very old today, I will save my energy and let you wait and let the world just suffer.

December 28th, 2017, 3:05 am #19

December 27 2017, 6:30 PM

Ken, when you edit something to what YOU WANT it to say, unless it is your own saying, that is slander. Old doesn't give you the right to be stupid.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave, just a brief note on editing:

There's been an issue in the last few months with the APPROVE THIS MESSAGE button that only moderators can see and click. This issue has not been resolved as yet, and moderators have no way at this time of approving messages by clicking the APPROVE button.

Our workaround is to create a separate message form into which we copy-and-paste the poster's original message text into this form and submit it for posting. This is a lengthy and cumbersome process that involves a lot of attention and care. (In my case, I use a notepad to copy and paste all the information from the original post -- just in case the process fails.)

My observation is that Ken did no editing of your message. It appears that your text messages have been intact and unedited. One way to prove otherwise is to be able to compare it with your saved text data. "This has been edited by...." can be triggered by an intentional editing of text or by an inadvertent pressing of the space bar. So, bear with us for now.[/color]

January 1st, 2018, 5:10 pm #20

[color=#000000" size="5" face="times]"The Reason We Celebrate Christmas on December 25th"

The Reason We Celebrate Christmas on December 25th

Southern Living
Meghan Overdeep
12/1/2017

On December 25th, nine in 10 Americans will celebrate Christmas, but few understand why. Everyone knows the trappings associated with the holiday — Christmas trees, red and green ornaments, presents, etc. — but its origins are less familiar.

Although Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th, his exact birthdate is unknown. In the first 300 or so years of Christianity, the celebration of the leader’s birth was usually lumped in with Epiphany (January 6), if it was even observed at all. According to Christianity Today, it was around the year 273 that the church considered commandeering the existing pagan festival of winter solstice as fitting time to honor the son of God. It helped that December 25th already hosted two debaucherous holidays: natalis solis invicti (the Roman "birth of the unconquered sun"), and the birthday of Mithras, the Iranian "Sun of Righteousness.” It was considered a way to teach the masses a lesson or two about sin and redemption.

Christmas wasn’t widely observed until after Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity and declared it the Roman empire's favored religion. Western Christians officially began celebrating December 25 as the birth of Jesus in 336 AD.

So there you have it![/color]
Sent from one of my last good preachers in Seattle. He turned to White Water Rafting.

http://www.history.com/news/when-massac ... _SiteShare
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on January 1st, 2018, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.