The Progressive-Liberal 'COC' Pattern: King David's Music, Dance, Burnt Offerings

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 14th, 2015, 10:25 pm #31

I think as I grow older the psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs speak to me much more. Anyone else experience this?
Yes they were singing to me. Have you ever had a song speak to you. I also sing to them. We admonish one another.

Bill
Bill

April 14th, 2015, 10:57 pm #32

By a song "speaking" to me, I gather it means conveying a lesson or principle or something very spiritually meaningful. All psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs should do that. I believe that's what Eph. 5:19 and Col. 3:16 instruct us to do. We can metaphorically "speak" to one another and edify one another as well as praise God by singing the hymns. I certainly don't believe that those two passages prohibit us from singing, as some fanatics would have us believe. We certainly should not go out on a narrow-minded limb and say, "No, no, the verses say SPEAK, so we cannot, we must not sing a note, lest we sin."

April 15th, 2015, 1:55 am #33

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]... and Nudity.

There is NOTHING from the New Testament that the change agents operating in the brotherhood to infiltrate, destroy and divide the New Testament church can offer.

What King David did had nothing to do with a congregational assembly. Whatever he did was personal, i.e., including his nudity and dancing, whether or not he considered his "services" worship, worshipful or acceptable to God.

Read and study the following few passages that deal not with "Acts of the Apostles" of the Christian era, but with "Acts of King David" under the Mosaic regime:
[/color]
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And it came to pass as they came, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of musick.[/color] (I Samuel 18:6)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.[/color] (I Chron. 15:16)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times][4] [Ye] That lie upon beds of ivory, and stretch themselves upon their couches, and eat the lambs out of the flock, and the calves out of the midst of the stall;
    [5] That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of musick, like David;
    [6] That drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments:
    [/color] (Amos 6)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And the servants of Achish said unto him, Is not this David the king of the land? did they not sing one to another of him in dances, saying, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands?[/color] (I Sam. 21:11)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Is not this David, of whom they sang one to another in dances, saying, Saul slew his thousands, and David his ten thousands?[/color] (I Sam. 29:5)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.[/color] (II Sam. 6:14)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.[/color] (II Sam. 6:16)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.[/color] (II Sam. 6:17)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself![/color] (II Sam. 6:20)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And it came to pass, as the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.[/color] (I Chron. 15:29)</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Facts about David of the old Mosaic regime:

-- An inventor of musical instruments,
-- A musical lover,
-- His practices were personal;
-- His practices had nothing to do with the assembly of saints;
-- His dealings with the Levites...
-- The ark of the covenant,
-- His dancing prowess/skills--"danced before the Lord";
-- His nudity "in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants"
-- His offer of burnt offerings and peace offerings...

The above is self-explanatory.

Beware!!! The progressive and liberal change agents will pick and choose which of David's practices and skills are applicable to New Testament Christianity!!!

Prepare ye! It may be "dancing before the Lord" next, if not already. But, of course, NOT "burnt offerings."[/color]
By definition a Christian IS NARROW MINDED. Also logical since you cannot SING and SPEAK at the same time: God uses words with an INCLUSIVE and EXCLUSIVE meaning.

Eph. 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

You must understand the WORD or WILL of the Lord: none of it can be sung.

Eph. 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; [The WORD John 6:63]
Eph. 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody IN your HEART to the Lord;

singing is SILENT and directed TO THE LORD and not to an audience.

The command is to SPEAK the ODES
-lexis , eōs, h(, (legō B) A. speech, OPPOSITE. ōdē, Pl.Lg.816d; l. ē praxis speech or action, Id.R.396c; ho tropos tēs l. ib.400d; ta lexei dēloumena orders given by word of mouth,

Speak and sing are spelled different and cannot be the same thing or done at the same time. SPEAK is opposite to ODE or sing.

And ODE set to music is:
Mouso-ō , A. furnish with power of song, hosa phusis memousōke,
2. to be set to music, “ta di' ōdēs . . mousōthenta kroumata” D.H.Dem.40, cf. Cat.Cod.Astr.8(3).188; to be filled with melody, “memousōtai ta peri tēn thalattan hup' ōdēs tōn petrōn” Philostr.Her.10.7.

Because the PURPOSE is to teach by speaking the INSPIRED TEXT, no adult would try to sing to his teacher.

Furthermore, melody IN THE HEART is in a PLACE and both ODE and PSALLO are silent: you cannot hear it because both words have destructive meanings.

Paul speaks in ANTITHESIS:

SPEAK that which is written but contrary to those who get fluted down with wine,
BUT, ode and psallo in the heart: Keep It Silent Silly.

DCA
DCA

April 16th, 2015, 7:08 pm #34

Again, and often enough, Layman and Bill, you asked for it and you got it. I stopped reading after Ken mentioned that he didn't have an opinion. Wow!!!

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 16th, 2015, 8:49 pm #35

I believe Ken is sitting on some pretty bizarre beliefs that we may never hear from him. He broke the chain on Church singing and condemned all singing as evil. He was schooled to stop at performance singing. I'm fairly certain he is holding back with something about the virgin birth. Ken, I'm all ears if you decide to let it go.

April 16th, 2015, 9:22 pm #36

By definition a Christian IS NARROW MINDED. Also logical since you cannot SING and SPEAK at the same time: God uses words with an INCLUSIVE and EXCLUSIVE meaning.

Eph. 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

You must understand the WORD or WILL of the Lord: none of it can be sung.

Eph. 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; [The WORD John 6:63]
Eph. 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody IN your HEART to the Lord;

singing is SILENT and directed TO THE LORD and not to an audience.

The command is to SPEAK the ODES
-lexis , eōs, h(, (legō B) A. speech, OPPOSITE. ōdē, Pl.Lg.816d; l. ē praxis speech or action, Id.R.396c; ho tropos tēs l. ib.400d; ta lexei dēloumena orders given by word of mouth,

Speak and sing are spelled different and cannot be the same thing or done at the same time. SPEAK is opposite to ODE or sing.

And ODE set to music is:
Mouso-ō , A. furnish with power of song, hosa phusis memousōke,
2. to be set to music, “ta di' ōdēs . . mousōthenta kroumata” D.H.Dem.40, cf. Cat.Cod.Astr.8(3).188; to be filled with melody, “memousōtai ta peri tēn thalattan hup' ōdēs tōn petrōn” Philostr.Her.10.7.

Because the PURPOSE is to teach by speaking the INSPIRED TEXT, no adult would try to sing to his teacher.

Furthermore, melody IN THE HEART is in a PLACE and both ODE and PSALLO are silent: you cannot hear it because both words have destructive meanings.

Paul speaks in ANTITHESIS:

SPEAK that which is written but contrary to those who get fluted down with wine,
BUT, ode and psallo in the heart: Keep It Silent Silly.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The difference between: (1) "speaking" and (2) "singing" [besides in spelling and in meaning] is clearly explained in the passages that Praise Team musicians use to defend their musical performances.

There's also the difference between [who would have thought....?):[/color]
<blockquote>(1) the mouth
-------- and -------
(2) the heart
</blockquote>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There's also the difference in the audiences:[/color]
<blockquote>(1) to yourselves or to one another
-------- and -------
(2) to the Lord
</blockquote>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]For example (Ephesians 5:19):

(1) SPEAKING to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
--------------------
(2) SINGING and MAKING MELODY in YOUR HEART to the Lord;[/color]

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 16th, 2015, 10:00 pm #37

Please consider,

Definitions for speaking(Noun) The act of communicating vocally.

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 16th, 2015, 10:12 pm #38

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The difference between: (1) "speaking" and (2) "singing" [besides in spelling and in meaning] is clearly explained in the passages that Praise Team musicians use to defend their musical performances.

There's also the difference between [who would have thought....?):[/color]
<blockquote>(1) the mouth
-------- and -------
(2) the heart
</blockquote>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There's also the difference in the audiences:[/color]
<blockquote>(1) to yourselves or to one another
-------- and -------
(2) to the Lord
</blockquote>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]For example (Ephesians 5:19):

(1) SPEAKING to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
--------------------
(2) SINGING and MAKING MELODY in YOUR HEART to the Lord;[/color]
Donnie, it has been reported over the years that you sing at Church. How do you justify your singing?

April 16th, 2015, 11:25 pm #39

Please consider,

Definitions for speaking(Noun) The act of communicating vocally.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

I like that definitiion. It agrees with what Colossians 3:16 states:[/color]
[color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs....[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Can you imagine a Bible teacher teaching a lesson on the gospel of salvation in an assembly for 88 minutes by just singing "These are the days of Elijah" (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap) repeatedly [must be a 7/11 praise music] -- instead of SPEAKING THE WORD OF CHRIST?[/color]

April 16th, 2015, 11:31 pm #40

Donnie, it has been reported over the years that you sing at Church. How do you justify your singing?
... will respond later ... need to leave right now