The Progressive-Liberal 'COC' Pattern: King David's Music, Dance, Burnt Offerings

April 22nd, 2015, 6:15 am #101

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]... for quoting from: "Biblical Archaeological Review"?
... for quoting from: "Some Aspects of Hittite Religion"?
... for quoting from: "Why Not Idol Meat, Bible Review"?
... for quoting scriptures regarding King David's nudity and dancing?

We probably need to look at various translations. Here are a few (II Samual 6:20):[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]NIV: "... going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

NLT: "... shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!"

ESV: "... uncovering himself today before the eyes of his servants’ female servants, as one of the vulgar fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!”

NASB: He uncovered himself today in the eyes of his servants' maids as one of the foolish ones shamelessly uncovers himself!"

Holman Christian S.B.: "He exposed himself today in the sight of the slave girls of his subjects like a vulgar person would expose himself."

ISV: "... undressing himself right in front of his women staff members, just like any pervert would dare to expose himself!"

NET Bible: "He has exposed himself today before his servants' slave girls the way a vulgar fool might do!"

God's Word T.: "... He was exposing himself before the eyes of the slave girls of his palace staff-like a mindless fool might expose himself!"

... There are other translations.
[/color]

Bill
Bill

April 22nd, 2015, 12:53 pm #102

Quote from Donnie: "Often I doubt that the church leaders even look at this site. Just let it be a lesson to interested individuals and churches. No, [....]"

[. . .]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Again, there are "better and more productive ways for you to participate in the discussion."[/color]

Again, people with addictions are most often the LAST to admit that they have addictions. So, Donnie, you need to come clean and admit that you have one whopping addiction for pointing your finger at Madison. That's the only reason why you haunt the place.

===============================

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]That's the same Bill's message I deleted from the post just above it. You certainly have become addicted to this: "pointing your finger at Madison." I've lost track of your vain repetitions -- your own [recent] addiction. Don't abuse your message-publishing privileges because there's a limit to such posts being approved. This is a doctrinal discussion forum, like it or not.[/color]

Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on April 23rd, 2015, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

April 22nd, 2015, 1:06 pm #103

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]... for quoting from: "Biblical Archaeological Review"?
... for quoting from: "Some Aspects of Hittite Religion"?
... for quoting from: "Why Not Idol Meat, Bible Review"?
... for quoting scriptures regarding King David's nudity and dancing?

We probably need to look at various translations. Here are a few (II Samual 6:20):[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]NIV: "... going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

NLT: "... shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!"

ESV: "... uncovering himself today before the eyes of his servants’ female servants, as one of the vulgar fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!”

NASB: He uncovered himself today in the eyes of his servants' maids as one of the foolish ones shamelessly uncovers himself!"

Holman Christian S.B.: "He exposed himself today in the sight of the slave girls of his subjects like a vulgar person would expose himself."

ISV: "... undressing himself right in front of his women staff members, just like any pervert would dare to expose himself!"

NET Bible: "He has exposed himself today before his servants' slave girls the way a vulgar fool might do!"

God's Word T.: "... He was exposing himself before the eyes of the slave girls of his palace staff-like a mindless fool might expose himself!"

... There are other translations.
[/color]
Posting almost exclusively, over and over, about sexual scenarios mentioned in the Bible and the sexual perversions of pagan mythology is "sick"? Of course not! Why, that's just the latest, most popular trend on religious message boards today.

Bill
Bill

April 22nd, 2015, 2:47 pm #104

Quote from Donnie: "Often I doubt that the church leaders even look at this site. Just let it be a lesson to interested individuals and churches. No, [....]"

[. . .]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Again, there are "better and more productive ways for you to participate in the discussion."[/color]

Again, there are better and more productive ways for you to serve God than sitting on your rump all day pointing your finger at Madison and encouraging Ken's outrageous posts about sexual scenarios, phallic symbols, and the perversions of pagan mythology.

Now let's see, how could you better serve God? Try being a volunteer at some of these:

Soup kitchen, hospital, orphanage, nursing home, homeless shelter, food bank, crisis line, meals on wheels, hospice, and so forth, to name a few.

April 22nd, 2015, 3:54 pm #105

Ken condemns congregational singing and Donnie becomes a juggler.

Ken you are a bad boy.
Everyone tries to reverse the charges when it is Biblically, historically and eye-ear-obvious that the religious observations--to which the kingdom does not come as lying wonders--are are more than virtual sexual observations: no one doubts that spectacle religion and sexual diversions are bonded at the lips.

http://www.piney.com/Worship.Androgyny. ... Ideal.html

ANDROGYNY: THE PAGAN SEXUAL IDEAL 469

culture is tragically adrift from its Christian roots and cut off from its lifesustaining creational moorings.155

The theosophist Eliade, one of the most doughty proponents of the “new humanism,”156 nevertheless felt obliged to give a serious warning before he died in 1986. In speaking about “ritual androgyny” as both a “source of power” but also as a fearsome possibility of great loss, Eliade offered this sobering admonition:

Every attempt to transcend the opposites carries with it a certain danger. This is why the ideas of a coincidentia oppositorum always arouse ambivalent feelings: on the one side, man is haunted by the desire to escape from his particular situation and regain a transpersonal mode of life; on the other, he is paralyzed by the fear of losing his “identity” and “forgetting” himself.157

The story of Adam and Eve is the EXCISING of Eve (vires, venom, Venus)

Hermaphroditus was the child of Aphrodite and Hermes. [Kairos, Venus and Mercury of the planting DAUGHTER churches] He was a minor deity of bisexuality and effeminacy. According to Ovid he merged bodies with a water nymph, becoming a creature of both sexes. His name is the basis for the word hermaphrodite. vocabitur virago quoniam de viro sumpta est

Hislop notes that: "The Primeval or Creative god was mystically represented as Androgyne, as combining in his own person both sexes (Ibid.), being therefore both Janus and Cybele at the same time.

In opening up the Mysteries, therefore, of this mysterious divinity, it was natural that the Pontifex should bear the key of both these divinities. Janus himself, however, as well as Pluto, was often represented with more than one key.

"This Phaethon (son of Helios), or Lucifer, who was cast down is further proved to be Janus; for Janus is called "Pater Matutinus" (HORACE); and the meaning of this name will appear in one of its aspects when the meaning of the name of the Dea Matuta is ascertained. Dea Matuta signifies "The kindling or Light-bringing goddess," * and accordingly, b

155The State of the World Forum, the brainchild of Mikhail Gorbachev, reinects similar utopian thinking. In a panel on “Cosmology, Culture and Social Change,” a new “integral culture” was proposed where “all roles and relationships will be redefined” along the paradigm of the “integration of masculine and feminine archetypes”—see “1997 State of the World Forum: Cosmology, Culture and Change—Final Report,”

156See David Cave, Mircea Eliade’s Vision 3.
157Mircea Eliade, The Two and the One 123, n. 1

Donnie mentioned one of Paul's confrontation with this religion and we know that most Godly Jews had fled Jerusalem (Sodom) rather than let their young boys become religious prostitute:

Cyprian letters 1:8

http://orthodoxchurchfathers.com/father ... 17_1413363

That Jupiter of theirs is not more supreme in dominion than in vice, inflamed with earthly love in the midst of his own thunders...now breaking forth by the help of birds to violate the purity of boys [The mark of PSALLO]. And now put the question: Can he who looks upon things be healthy-minded or modest? Men imitate the gods whom they adore, and to such miserable beings their crimes become their religion.
Let the temperate meal resound with psalms;15 and as your memory is tenacious and your voice musical, undertake this office, as is your wont. You will provide a better entertainment for your dearest friends, if, while we have something spiritual to listen to, the sweetness of religious music charm our ears.

Those who DO it always get upset with those who EXPOSE it like David's Naked Dance wearing the Ephod or the Babylon VULVA. The NACC along with Pepperdine and ACU join together promising that Harris the "monk" will lead them into COSMIC WORSHIP.

The Spirit OF Christ speaks in the Prophets and Apostles: a true church is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles being PREACHED by being READ. ENHANCING the word with rhetoric, poetry or music is always the historic warning about the effeminate: if he cannot stand still behind the pulpit and keep his arms and voice conversational MARK him.

Bill
Bill

April 22nd, 2015, 4:31 pm #106

He's just plan sick
Dave, you have to realize that Donnie would rather not have people posting here if they're not willing to point their fingers at Madison and agree about all the allegedly "evil" goings-on there.

Likewise, Ken would rather not have people posting here if they're not willing to contribute to his ongoing "discussions" about sexual scenarios, phallic symbols, and the perversions of pagan mythology.

April 22nd, 2015, 4:43 pm #107

You've got it: I keep wondering whether my tomatoes I just planted are unisex or bisex. I do know that I have lots of apple and pear blossoms but I am not certain that I have enough potent bees. Even if they consummate, the deer with get the apples and pears and the turkeys will get the grapes.

I have an unusually intimate relationship with my coffee cup and recliner.

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 22nd, 2015, 6:37 pm #108

Everyone tries to reverse the charges when it is Biblically, historically and eye-ear-obvious that the religious observations--to which the kingdom does not come as lying wonders--are are more than virtual sexual observations: no one doubts that spectacle religion and sexual diversions are bonded at the lips.

http://www.piney.com/Worship.Androgyny. ... Ideal.html

ANDROGYNY: THE PAGAN SEXUAL IDEAL 469

culture is tragically adrift from its Christian roots and cut off from its lifesustaining creational moorings.155

The theosophist Eliade, one of the most doughty proponents of the “new humanism,”156 nevertheless felt obliged to give a serious warning before he died in 1986. In speaking about “ritual androgyny” as both a “source of power” but also as a fearsome possibility of great loss, Eliade offered this sobering admonition:

Every attempt to transcend the opposites carries with it a certain danger. This is why the ideas of a coincidentia oppositorum always arouse ambivalent feelings: on the one side, man is haunted by the desire to escape from his particular situation and regain a transpersonal mode of life; on the other, he is paralyzed by the fear of losing his “identity” and “forgetting” himself.157

The story of Adam and Eve is the EXCISING of Eve (vires, venom, Venus)

Hermaphroditus was the child of Aphrodite and Hermes. [Kairos, Venus and Mercury of the planting DAUGHTER churches] He was a minor deity of bisexuality and effeminacy. According to Ovid he merged bodies with a water nymph, becoming a creature of both sexes. His name is the basis for the word hermaphrodite. vocabitur virago quoniam de viro sumpta est

Hislop notes that: "The Primeval or Creative god was mystically represented as Androgyne, as combining in his own person both sexes (Ibid.), being therefore both Janus and Cybele at the same time.

In opening up the Mysteries, therefore, of this mysterious divinity, it was natural that the Pontifex should bear the key of both these divinities. Janus himself, however, as well as Pluto, was often represented with more than one key.

"This Phaethon (son of Helios), or Lucifer, who was cast down is further proved to be Janus; for Janus is called "Pater Matutinus" (HORACE); and the meaning of this name will appear in one of its aspects when the meaning of the name of the Dea Matuta is ascertained. Dea Matuta signifies "The kindling or Light-bringing goddess," * and accordingly, b

155The State of the World Forum, the brainchild of Mikhail Gorbachev, reinects similar utopian thinking. In a panel on “Cosmology, Culture and Social Change,” a new “integral culture” was proposed where “all roles and relationships will be redefined” along the paradigm of the “integration of masculine and feminine archetypes”—see “1997 State of the World Forum: Cosmology, Culture and Change—Final Report,”

156See David Cave, Mircea Eliade’s Vision 3.
157Mircea Eliade, The Two and the One 123, n. 1

Donnie mentioned one of Paul's confrontation with this religion and we know that most Godly Jews had fled Jerusalem (Sodom) rather than let their young boys become religious prostitute:

Cyprian letters 1:8

http://orthodoxchurchfathers.com/father ... 17_1413363

That Jupiter of theirs is not more supreme in dominion than in vice, inflamed with earthly love in the midst of his own thunders...now breaking forth by the help of birds to violate the purity of boys [The mark of PSALLO]. And now put the question: Can he who looks upon things be healthy-minded or modest? Men imitate the gods whom they adore, and to such miserable beings their crimes become their religion.
Let the temperate meal resound with psalms;15 and as your memory is tenacious and your voice musical, undertake this office, as is your wont. You will provide a better entertainment for your dearest friends, if, while we have something spiritual to listen to, the sweetness of religious music charm our ears.

Those who DO it always get upset with those who EXPOSE it like David's Naked Dance wearing the Ephod or the Babylon VULVA. The NACC along with Pepperdine and ACU join together promising that Harris the "monk" will lead them into COSMIC WORSHIP.

The Spirit OF Christ speaks in the Prophets and Apostles: a true church is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles being PREACHED by being READ. ENHANCING the word with rhetoric, poetry or music is always the historic warning about the effeminate: if he cannot stand still behind the pulpit and keep his arms and voice conversational MARK him.

In Donnie's defense, he was blind-sided by Ken's remarks on congregational singing not being authorized. Ken has alluded to this stand before but has always been throttled to make it "performance singing" as the villain.

Lets give Donnie a couple of days for the dust to settle and sort all this out. I would ask Donnie to maybe reconsider some of his post.

April 22nd, 2015, 8:38 pm #109

Having been liberated both intellectually, physically and emotional to "praise singing" Ken has not the slightest interest in any "singing" because it is PURPOSE DRIVEN:

Other than the writing prophets who spoke by the Spirit OF Christ, prophesying is, like David and his camp-followers, singing, dancing, playing, clapping etal: David did the HALAL which meant and means "to feign yourself insane or mad."

Jer. 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
Jer. 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear MY WORDS, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

Notice the one-piece pattern?

Jer. 23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?

Paul told the prophesying Athenians that "in Him we live, move and have our being." So, why do YOU claim that SANGING is to bring the fleecees into the PRESENCE OF GOD?

Jer. 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
Jer. 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
Jer. 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
Jer. 23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour., as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
Jer. 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him SPEAK my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

This is the baptism of spirit (wind) and fire promised to the VIPER race: singing or chanting derives from the HISSING OF THE VIPER or flute.

Jer. 23:29 <font color="#FF0000">Is not my word like as a FIRE?
saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Jer. 23:30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.
Jer. 23:31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
Jer. 23:32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.

Spell that CENI!

Jer. 23:33 And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest, shall ask thee, saying, What is the burden of the LORD? thou shalt then say unto them, What burden? I will even forsake you, saith the LORD.
Jer. 23:34 And as for the prophet, and the priest, and the people, that shall say, The burden of the LORD, I will even punish that man and his house.

Epōd-os , on, (epadō) A. singing to or over, using songs or charms to heal wounds, “epōdoi muthoi” Pl.Lg.903b.
b. Subst., enchanter, “e. kai goēs” E.Hipp. 1038 (but “goēs e.” Ba.234): c. gen., a charm for or against, “ethusen hautou paida epōdon Thrēkiōn aēmatōn” A.Ag.1418 ; e. tōn toioutōn one to charm away such fears, Pl.Phd.78a.
2. epōdos, ho, verse or passage returning at intervals, in Alcaics and Sapphics, D.H.Comp.19 ; chorus, burden, refrain, Ph. 1.312 : metaph., ho koinos hapasēs adoleskhias e. the 'old story',
GOES 2. juggler, cheat, “deinos g. kai pharmakeus kai sophistēs” Pl.Smp.203d;

A burden in Hebrew and Greek is "performance" singing which Jesus defined as "creating spiritual anxiety by religious rituals including singing."

"SINGING"in the Bible and church history was called CANTILLATION which is rhymic PROSE: Melody in Hebrew, Greek and Latin means to DISMEMBER a text so that you can chant any text if you break it up into syllables.

I assert that there is no command, example, remote inference or sensical example of God calling people out of their REST to engage in congregational singing with or without instruments.

But, there is no office called preacher or preaching as function in the Old Testament, New Testament or church history until preaching and singing was introduced c ad 400.

But, there is no stationary STAFF other than the Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned tribe of Levi: they and all religious crafts were called parasites.

But, there is no Law of Giving.

If you think that your god needs appeasing then go ahead by my blessing. I speak for ken, let Dave speak for Dave: you cannot drag red herrings and change a jot or tittle of "that which is written for our learning." It is mute since you have never, will never and have no intention of either speaking or singing "that which is written for our learning" with ONE mind and ONE mouth

</font>

April 22nd, 2015, 9:06 pm #110

I think Donnie blushes at the praise sanging:
"Hebrew music... was used in the luxurious times of the later monarchy the effeminate gallants of israel, reeking with perfumes, and stretched upon their couches of ivory, were wont at their banquets to accompany the song with the tinkling of the psaltery or guitar (Am. v1. 4-6), and amused themselves with devising musical instruments while their nation was perishing... music was the legitimate expression of mirth and gladness, and the indication of peace and prosperity." (Smith's, Music, p. 590).

Here is what the feminists who have usurped authority at universities want you to do:

The early connection of Attis with the Mother of the Gods seems to point to the association of an original male element with an original female element as the parents of all things.

But in the age of tradition Attis appears as a servant instead of an equal,
and the subordination of the male to the female element is further emphasized by the representation of Attis, like the Galli of historic times, as an emasculated priest.

Catullus departs from this form of the Attis myth, and makes Attis a beautiful Greek youth who in a moment of religious frenzy sails across seas at the head of a band of companions to devote himself to the already long-established service of the goddess

Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. Galatians 5:11
As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves! Galatians 5:12

The Goddess Cybele (The Sophia - Zoe Usurpation)

"Here, devote to me thy manhood and become one of my faithful dogs! (emasculated priests) I shall be quick, and the cut will be clean!!!" Catullus:

"Oh, Great Goddess, Goddess Cybele, Goddess and Lady of Dindymus! May all your fury [wrath] be far from my house! Incite others, go! DRIVE OTHER MEN MAD!!!"

This is identified by Kinetic Preaching, singing, playing instruments, acting or dancing. It is noted that this attendance on the Mother Goddess also EMASCULATES THE TONGUE with flutes. Karen Armstrong notes that in Amos the men had become so effeminate that they could not dialog with God: neither will they post their views where the spirits can be tested.