Bill
Bill

January 1st, 2014, 7:45 pm #11

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

Substituted? I could have, but I didn't. Pay attention.

I said: "The Other Roman Catholic Trinity."

I also said that perhaps another PERSON, "the Virgin Mary" (very highly regarded and revered by the Roman Catholic Church adherents), should be added to the equation ... and the Trinity renamed as Quadnity or something? [/color]
Donnie, since you mentioned "Father, Son and Mother of God," you substituted MOG for the Holy Spirit to create a "new" kind of "Trinity" that's definitely more Catholic-oriented.

However, the Bible-based, three-part grouping is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (see Matt. 28:19). This grouping is widely known as the "Trinity." Of course, the absence of "Trinity" from the biblical text does not preclude our describing Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as the "Trinity," just as the absence of "Holy Bible" from the biblical text does not preclude our describing the biblical canon as the "Holy Bible."

Perhaps a "Quaternity" of Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and Mother of God would be more suitable for Catholics; the rest of us will settle for the Bible-based grouping (AKA Trinity) of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

January 1st, 2014, 7:48 pm #12

Some people annually make New Year's resolutions. I don't. For their resolutions, some people may have decided not to worry one way or another about the Trinity; others may have decided not to read Concerned Members anymore. I especially like Mark Twain's take on resolutions:

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."

Did you enjoy watching the Pope's mass?

Did you count the number of times the participants made "the sign of the cross" during the entire religious ritual?

This is really important to the Roman Catholics, you know, as the sign involves the Catholic Trinity PERSONS -- including the "Holy Spirit" [that Trinitarians and you consider a PERSON].

http://catholicexchange.com/21-things-cross [/color]
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]21 Things We Do When We Make the Sign of the Cross

The Sign of the Cross is a simple gesture yet a profound expression of faith for both Catholic and Orthodox Christians. As Catholics, its something we do when we enter a church, after we receive Communion, before meals, and every time we pray. But what exactly are we doing when we make the Sign of the Cross? Here are 21 things:

[/color]<ol>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Pray. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Open ourselves to grace. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Sanctify the day. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Commit the whole self to Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Recall the Incarnation. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Remember the Passion of Our Lord. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Affirm the Trinity. In invoking the name of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we are affirming our belief in a triune God. This is also reinforced by using three fingers to make the sign, according to Pope Innocent III.
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Focus our prayer on God. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Affirm the procession of Son and Spirit. In first lifting our hand to our forehead we recall that the Father is the first person the Trinity. In lowering our hand we express that the Son proceeds from the Father. And, in ending with the Holy Spirit, we signify that the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son, according to Francis de Sales.
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Confess our faith. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Invoke the power of Gods name. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Crucify ourselves with Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Ask for support in our suffering. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Reaffirm our baptism. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Reverse the curse. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Remake ourselves in Christs image. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Mark ourselves for Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Soldier on for Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Ward off the devil. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Seal ourselves in the Spirit. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Witness to others. ... [/color]</li>[/list]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]To some Catholic Trinity adherents, making "the sign of the cross" would be a good New Year's Resolution.[/color]

January 1st, 2014, 7:56 pm #13

I don't blame Donnie for neglecting his CM for two weeks. Like most people, he undoubtedly was too busy decorating his halls with boughs of holly, singing Christmas carols, trimming his tree, wrapping presents, gulping wassail, and polishing the figures in his Nativity set for his family to admire. Did you also have an annual reading of Dickens's A Christmas Carol and watch Miracle on 34th Street?
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Yes, I was busy.

Nothing else to say about the topic? That's like me saying that Bill has got the statue of the Virgin Mary and crosses in his living room, in his bedroom.[/color]

January 1st, 2014, 8:16 pm #14

Donnie, since you mentioned "Father, Son and Mother of God," you substituted MOG for the Holy Spirit to create a "new" kind of "Trinity" that's definitely more Catholic-oriented.

However, the Bible-based, three-part grouping is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (see Matt. 28:19). This grouping is widely known as the "Trinity." Of course, the absence of "Trinity" from the biblical text does not preclude our describing Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as the "Trinity," just as the absence of "Holy Bible" from the biblical text does not preclude our describing the biblical canon as the "Holy Bible."

Perhaps a "Quaternity" of Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and Mother of God would be more suitable for Catholics; the rest of us will settle for the Bible-based grouping (AKA Trinity) of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Both Trinity concepts are pagan- and Catholic-based oriented and originated. Be reminded.

The "Holy Spirit" in Matt. 28:19 is "the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:19). Christ was addressing Himself while He was still living with His disciples at the time -- He gave the Commission before His death.

I know ... I know you will AGAIN ignore "the Spirit of Jesus Christ."

Other references to "the Spirit of Christ" are in Romans 8:9 and I Peter 1:11.

Please read all the above references and express here what you think of these passages. Please don't deviate from the issue at hand, the issue you just brought up.[/color]

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

January 1st, 2014, 9:03 pm #15

Well, so much for the peace and good tidings of Christmas! Hope everyone had a great holiday and spent some quality time with family. Now we can all look forward to about 340 days of dissension on this site for 2014!

Bill
Bill

January 1st, 2014, 9:09 pm #16

Did you enjoy watching the Pope's mass?

Did you count the number of times the participants made "the sign of the cross" during the entire religious ritual?

This is really important to the Roman Catholics, you know, as the sign involves the Catholic Trinity PERSONS -- including the "Holy Spirit" [that Trinitarians and you consider a PERSON].

http://catholicexchange.com/21-things-cross [/color]
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]21 Things We Do When We Make the Sign of the Cross

The Sign of the Cross is a simple gesture yet a profound expression of faith for both Catholic and Orthodox Christians. As Catholics, its something we do when we enter a church, after we receive Communion, before meals, and every time we pray. But what exactly are we doing when we make the Sign of the Cross? Here are 21 things:

[/color]<ol>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Pray. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Open ourselves to grace. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Sanctify the day. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Commit the whole self to Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Recall the Incarnation. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Remember the Passion of Our Lord. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Affirm the Trinity. In invoking the name of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we are affirming our belief in a triune God. This is also reinforced by using three fingers to make the sign, according to Pope Innocent III.
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Focus our prayer on God. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Affirm the procession of Son and Spirit. In first lifting our hand to our forehead we recall that the Father is the first person the Trinity. In lowering our hand we express that the Son proceeds from the Father. And, in ending with the Holy Spirit, we signify that the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son, according to Francis de Sales.
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Confess our faith. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Invoke the power of Gods name. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Crucify ourselves with Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Ask for support in our suffering. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Reaffirm our baptism. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Reverse the curse. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Remake ourselves in Christs image. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Mark ourselves for Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Soldier on for Christ. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Ward off the devil. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Seal ourselves in the Spirit. ...
[/color]</li>[*][color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Witness to others. ... [/color]</li>[/list]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]To some Catholic Trinity adherents, making "the sign of the cross" would be a good New Year's Resolution.[/color]
Nope, I had no desire to watch the Pope's mass, but from your description of what went on, it's evident that you really enjoyed watching the Pope. That's not surprising, since you tend to run to the Catholic DR Bible when the KJV doesn't back you up.

Bill
Bill

January 1st, 2014, 9:20 pm #17

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Both Trinity concepts are pagan- and Catholic-based oriented and originated. Be reminded.

The "Holy Spirit" in Matt. 28:19 is "the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:19). Christ was addressing Himself while He was still living with His disciples at the time -- He gave the Commission before His death.

I know ... I know you will AGAIN ignore "the Spirit of Jesus Christ."

Other references to "the Spirit of Christ" are in Romans 8:9 and I Peter 1:11.

Please read all the above references and express here what you think of these passages. Please don't deviate from the issue at hand, the issue you just brought up.[/color]
Be reminded that the New Testament mentions Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19). What heavenly things the Bible groups together as two, three, four, or X number of parts can hardly be pagan.

January 1st, 2014, 9:34 pm #18

Well, so much for the peace and good tidings of Christmas! Hope everyone had a great holiday and spent some quality time with family. Now we can all look forward to about 340 days of dissension on this site for 2014!
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Good to hear from you, Tom.

I would say a discussion of doctrinal matters will continue -- that should serve the purpose of religious fora such as this one.

Know that CM welcomes your participation [regardless of what "others" say ].[/color]

January 1st, 2014, 9:46 pm #19

Nope, I had no desire to watch the Pope's mass, but from your description of what went on, it's evident that you really enjoyed watching the Pope. That's not surprising, since you tend to run to the Catholic DR Bible when the KJV doesn't back you up.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]How could you have no desire to watch the Catholic Trinity being clearly illustrated and demonstrated by the constant making of "the sign of the cross" -- just your kind of thing?

That's not only a Catholic theory, but Trinity in practice and reality!!! Bill? Are you a Trinity theorist ONLY? One would think that you would PRACTICE what the Trinity Creed espouses by using the three (3) fingers.[/color]

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

January 1st, 2014, 9:50 pm #20

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Good to hear from you, Tom.

I would say a discussion of doctrinal matters will continue -- that should serve the purpose of religious fora such as this one.

Know that CM welcomes your participation [regardless of what "others" say ].[/color]
Thanks Donnie! I thought that the NSA had shut you guys down for a while. Glad to see things are back to normal!