"The Liberal Mind and Method" (by John Waddey)

Dave
Dave

January 14th, 2011, 10:01 pm #11

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]One of the many reports relating to the recent "memorial service" in Tucson, AZ:[/color]
Obama in Tucson: The Question of the Applause

"The heartbreaking events of this weekend," said one young lady, early on in the evening -- one of Gabby's interns. She got a round of enthusiastic applause. It kind of threw me. But it was just one of multiple rounds of applause to come -- they were a constant throughout, even before Obama, the headliner, rose to speak. A long line of dignitaries and the suddenly dignified, ordinary folks who happened to be proximate to the event, preceded him. And there was this weird applause throughout.

Applause rocked the house for Professor Gonzalez, who gave the Native American blessing (it seemed endless) at the beginning. . . .
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]So, is it any surprise what certain liberals do in "contemporary worship services" of certain liberal churches? As they perform the singy-clappy-clappy praise song: "Let Us Worship the Father. Let Us Worship the Father"? Or, as this is sung: "The Lord is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him" (Hab. 2:20)?

[Well, as more and more "campfire praise" songs are in vogue in contemporary religion, "keep silence" songs are becoming extinct. OK, OK, OK. Times change!!! How do you feel when a hymn that was frequently sung only a few years ago would be introduced by the "contemporary Worship Leader" to the congregants ... with the "historical background" of that hymn narrated?][/color]
Habakkuk 2:20 The LORD is in his holy temple;
let all the earth be silent before him.

Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD

Donnie,
If neither your liberals or conservatives want to praise Him that is ok too....
Luke 20
40 I tell you, he replied, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.

Sonny
Sonny

January 14th, 2011, 11:30 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]One of the many reports relating to the recent "memorial service" in Tucson, AZ:[/color]
Obama in Tucson: The Question of the Applause

"The heartbreaking events of this weekend," said one young lady, early on in the evening -- one of Gabby's interns. She got a round of enthusiastic applause. It kind of threw me. But it was just one of multiple rounds of applause to come -- they were a constant throughout, even before Obama, the headliner, rose to speak. A long line of dignitaries and the suddenly dignified, ordinary folks who happened to be proximate to the event, preceded him. And there was this weird applause throughout.

Applause rocked the house for Professor Gonzalez, who gave the Native American blessing (it seemed endless) at the beginning. . . .
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]So, is it any surprise what certain liberals do in "contemporary worship services" of certain liberal churches? As they perform the singy-clappy-clappy praise song: "Let Us Worship the Father. Let Us Worship the Father"? Or, as this is sung: "The Lord is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him" (Hab. 2:20)?

[Well, as more and more "campfire praise" songs are in vogue in contemporary religion, "keep silence" songs are becoming extinct. OK, OK, OK. Times change!!! How do you feel when a hymn that was frequently sung only a few years ago would be introduced by the "contemporary Worship Leader" to the congregants ... with the "historical background" of that hymn narrated?][/color]
Jesus says that if anyone's hand causes him to sin, cut it off. That pretty much settles it. Go around this Sunday at Madison during worship and start chopping. If someone raises their hands they lose their arms too.

-Sonny

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

January 15th, 2011, 2:35 am #13

Habakkuk 2:20 The LORD is in his holy temple;
let all the earth be silent before him.

Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD

Donnie,
If neither your liberals or conservatives want to praise Him that is ok too....
Luke 20
40 I tell you, he replied, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.
The verse Dave quoted is not from Luke 20:40, it is Luke 19:40. Furthermore, that verse mentions nothing about the disciples using musical instruments to praise God. They just praised God--period (see Luke 19:37, which says they praised God with a loud VOICE).

Sonny
Sonny

January 15th, 2011, 3:47 am #14

Sonny says he is "disappointed" in Waddey's messages. All Waddey has done is to admonish churches of Christ to follow what Christ teaches in the New Testament and not try to change or modify those teachings so they will be more palatable to the masses. If Sonny is disappointed in that, then he is disappointed in the message of Christ.

If this site is a place for "personal attacks," as Sonny alleges, then Sonny is quite guilty for having attacked Waddey personally time and time again.

If some of Sonny's messages have not been posted, I can only surmise that the reason was because those messages were either not fit for Christian consumption or were off-topic. Donnie would be in a better position to elaborate.

BTW, some of my own messages have been rejected for posting, so Sonny really has no room to complain. Along that line, I would wager that many of Dave's and Fred's messages have also been rejected, given their generally hostile attitudes.
In John Waddey's article (above):

There are 14 points

3 references to "Christ" total in 2 of the points (both toward the end)

3 Bible references total (1 Timothy 3:6, Revelation 18:13, Mark 11:15-17)

Brother Crump stated, "All Waddey has done is to admonish churches of Christ to follow what Christ teaches in the New Testament."

The facts speak for themselves. There is a whole lot of opinion of man in the article (above).

I would be thrilled to read where John Waddey has written or taught about stories of Jesus in the gospels SUCH AS the following:

-Matthew 9:9-13 (Jesus did not come for the righteous but the unrighteous. The sick need a doctor.)
-Matthew 18:21-35 (The servant being forgiven by the king for an enormous debt but refusing to forgive a fraction of such to another.)
-Matthew 21:28-32 (The tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom ahead of the religious self-righteous Pharisees.)
-Luke 7:36-50 (The sinful woman is forgiven by Jesus and Simon is upset. He who is forgiven much loves much. He who is forgiven little loves little.)
-Luke 15:11-32 (The foolish, wasteful son receives love and acceptance from his father instead of ridicule and rejection.)
-Luke 18:9-14 (The Pharisee does not go home justified because he does not see his need for mercy. The tax collector goes home justified because he begs for mercy.)
-John 5:42 (As part of Jesus reply to the Pharisees who are upset he has healed on the Sabbath, he says, "I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.")

-How about it John? If you are reading this...

I read your theological minutia drivel. Put off the old man and put on the new. Begin teaching Christ crucified. Teach the "GOOD" news of God's grace offered freely to all who will believe through Jesus. Do not make it harder (or easier) to be a Christian than Jesus and Scripture do. Do not add hoops and man-made rules where God has not. Do not preach a Pharisee gospel. This is my sincere encouragement and challenge to you brother.

-Sonny

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

January 15th, 2011, 4:04 am #15

Jesus says that if anyone's hand causes him to sin, cut it off. That pretty much settles it. Go around this Sunday at Madison during worship and start chopping. If someone raises their hands they lose their arms too.

-Sonny
It's been said that if you post an asinine message, you deserve an asinine response. To Sonny's message about cutting off hands that clap, I respond with this: I gather that Sonny will be now be known as "stubby."

January 15th, 2011, 4:39 am #16

The Liberal Mind and Method

Liberalism is a philosophy or world view. In many ways, it is like a religion. It had its origin in regions far from heaven. It intrudes into every aspect of life, including Christianity. Liberalism is a religion that knows nothing of humility. Rather, it genders vanity, pride, and arrogance (I Tim. 3:6).
  • Liberals look at society and sees three classes of people. There are the benighted masses. Among them, there are those the liberals can manipulate for their own ends and purposes. They see themselves as the small band of well-favored, enlightened elites, who alone know what is best for humanity.

</li>
  • Liberals are in the business of promoting new ideas and ways of doing things. They hate the traditions of the past. They are sure their new ideas are far superior to anything originating before their appearance.

</li>
  • In their book, Lessons of History, Will and Ariel Durant wrote, "of every hundred new ideas, ninety nine or more will probably be inferior to the traditional responses which they (would) replace. No man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in one lifetime into such fullness of understanding as to safely judge and dismiss the customs or institutions of his society, for these are the wisdom of generations, after centuries of experiment in the laboratory of history" (p. 35). This great lesson liberals have not learned, nor are they willing to concede it. To these self-anointed ones, the framework of Christianity, the doctrine and worship thereof, are not as wisely crafted as they would make them.

</li>
  • Liberals think the church can only rise above mediocrity and reach her real potential when they fill the leadership roles. The majority of a congregation or the brotherhood must give way to the reasoning and influence of the more intelligent, better educated, and more sophisticated few of which they (liberals) are a part. While liberals nearly always consider themselves to be of a superior cut, they tend to assume that the majority who do not share or appreciate their visions are irrational, foolish, and prejudiced.

</li>
  • One goal of liberals is to liberate other Christians from what they perceive to be unnecessary religious inhibitions and limitations. In practice, they teach their followers that man is not obliged to conform to God's will, especially in unpopular matters such as a cappella praise, belief in only one true church, etc.

</li>
  • Thomas Sowell explains that, to liberals, "traditions are likely to be seen as the dead hand of the past, relics of a less enlightened age, and not the distilled experience of millions who face similar human vicissitudes before." "Past experience is discounted because of the great changes that have taken place since 'earlier and simpler times.'" (Thomas Sowell, The Vision of the Anointed, p. 118). This helps us to understand why our liberals are so dismissive of the pioneers of our back-to-the-Bible movement and why they are so scornful of our attempt to restore the faith of the early church. To their minds, how can anything that old be of current value?

</li>
  • Liberals feel that the wishes of the general membership of the church must be ignored if they are going to be able to introduce their new perverse views and programs.

</li>
  • Liberals act as though average Christians are incapable of understanding the real facts of Christianity, nor have they discovered the deeper meaning and experience of the faith. This deeper meaning can only be realized by giving heed to the liberal teacher's message.

</li>
  • Another priority of liberals is to deconstruct, i.e., break down and destroy the beliefs and practices of the majority in the church. To accomplish this, they often ridicule their long-held faith as consisting of baseless myths and illusions of unenlightened minds. When the old faith has been sufficiently weakened and destroyed, then the liberal is left free to impose his agenda.

</li>
  • Loyalty to Christ, his church, and his prescribed faith and worship is considered old fashioned, obsolete, pathetic by liberals. To them it is a real drag on the church. Hence it must be replaced with a new approach to faith and worship.

</li>
  • Liberals reject the wisdom and experience of the many, insisting that their vision and judgment should replace it.

</li>
  • Liberals search out extreme statements of the ill-informed, cranks, or of ultra conservatives and then treat them as representatives of all who are conservative. They highlight those unrepresentative statements to discredit those who reject their liberal agenda. They present themselves as the enlightened ones who alone are above such foolishness.

</li>
  • Liberalism is a religion, but not the religion of Christ. Everything about the liberal agenda is contrary to the will of the Master. It is in competition with Christ. Its goal is to infiltrate and overtake congregations and those individuals it can capture. Like spiritual Babylon, liberalism traffics in the souls of men (Rev. 18:13).

</li>
  • Where liberals succeed, Christianity suffers. Faithful Christians will reject the overtures of liberal apostles and refuse them a place in their midst. JWH</li>

Where Is the Outrage?

Where we should hear the crashing thunder of protest, there is silence and wringing of hands about what is happening in the church. Preachers, who should be arming themselves for the battle, are calculating their job security and longevity. Jesus was outraged when he saw evil men encamped in the temple of God, peddling their merchandise (Mark 11:15-17). Should not we feel the same outrage toward those hucksters of error who are promoting their change agenda in the Lord's church? JWH

E-Mail: [url=mailto:john.waddey@yahoo.com]john.waddey@yahoo.com[/url]
Paul said NOTHING about teaching Christ and Him Crucified. Why do all of the preachers believe that?

If they were not lying they would preach that Christ was crucified and sit down decently as Jesus did in the synagogue.

Paul said that he determined to KNOW a crucified Christ. Here is the PATTERNISM which you cannot practice in the pulpit.

2Cor. 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
2Cor. 6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
2Cor. 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
2Cor. 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
2Cor. 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
2Cor. 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
2Cor. 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
2Cor. 6:11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
2Cor. 6:12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
2Cor. 6:13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
2Cor. 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor. 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Cor. 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Cor. 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Cor. 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Sonny
Sonny

January 15th, 2011, 4:58 am #17

It's been said that if you post an asinine message, you deserve an asinine response. To Sonny's message about cutting off hands that clap, I respond with this: I gather that Sonny will be now be known as "stubby."
LOL

BTW, there is a grammar error in your response. See if you can find it. We will not cut off your finger for the typo. You can remain Dr. Crump.

-Stubby

January 15th, 2011, 5:30 am #18

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dr. Crump was being "liberal" ... with words. Temporarily.

Not that Dr. Crump is a liberal. But that's a good example of the liberal mind using a liberal method of teaching God's "truth." The liberal "change agent" has acquired so much (i.e., excessively) of what his denominational neighbors teach. If interested in knowing some of these denom. beliefs and teachings, let me know.[/color]

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

January 15th, 2011, 1:43 pm #19

LOL

BTW, there is a grammar error in your response. See if you can find it. We will not cut off your finger for the typo. You can remain Dr. Crump.

-Stubby
To give an asinine response to Sonny's asinine post, it is only fitting that some of the wording of that response should also be asinine. As I said, "I gather that Sonny will be now be known as 'stubby.'" Now that's funny!

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

January 15th, 2011, 6:23 pm #20

LOL

-Stubby
Sonny may not want to laugh, because he wrote, "BTW, there is a grammar error in your response."

Actually, there is an error in Sonny's sentence. Can he find it? See the thread entitled "Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation" for details.