"The Holy Spirit Movement": Biblical-Campbell AntiTrinity

Dave
Dave

January 3rd, 2017, 2:37 am #51

Ken you said "You say that Jesus COULD NOT be the mediator IF He was a man."

Show where I said that.

January 3rd, 2017, 2:44 am #52

You cannot enter or see the kingdom if you do not have "A" holy spirit (yours says Campbell).

And I am saying that you or Henry contradict Scripture:

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE God, and ONE mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;

READ CAREFULLY. The word and or KAI proves that the Man Jesus is NOT God.

You say that Jesus COULD NOT be the mediator IF He was a man.
Paul says that the MAN Christ Jesus is the ONE mediator.
Shall we trust Henry? Shall We trust Paul whom Jesus promised to "guide him into all truth"?

G3316. mesites, mes-ee´-tace; from 3319; a go-between, i.e. (simply) an internunciator, or (by implication) a reconciler (intercessor): — mediator.

1Pet. 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

g4317 Prosago to conduct hear, to approach God.

Do you and Henry say that Jesus couldn't "bring us into the presence of God" UNLESS He was God. Well, the musical worship team CLAIMS that they can do that. Why isn't Jesus who suffered THAT He might bring us close able to do that WITHOUT being god? He who BRINGS is not the GOD into whose presence He brings US if we have a holy spirit after baptism with OUR spirits translated into the heavenly kingdom."

Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was MADE of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Shall we believe he and thee or shall we believe Paul?

Now, all I know is what I read in the Bible and Henry missed something.

If Jesus says that He was-is the SON of God
And you say that Jesus WAS God
Isn't that a contradiction?

In Jeremiah 23:

If you say that God said or commanded something
And God did NOT say something
Despising in latin is BLASPHEMY.

Jer. 23:17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.

g5006. na}ats, naw-ats´; a primitive root; to scorn; or (Ecclesiastes 12:5) by interchange for 5132, to bloom:—abhor, (give occasion to) blaspheme, contemn, despise, flourish, x great, provoke.

Lipscomb can teach you how to use YOUR IMAGINATION to fill in the blanks which God apparently left for them to fill.

Diodorus-Siculus refrrenced 4:5 7 Although Medea had been successful in her first undertakings, yet she did not refrain, so we are told, from taking her revenge upon Jason. For she had come to such a state of rage and jealousy, yes, even of savageness, that, since he had escaped from the peril which threatened him at the same time as his bride, she determined, by the murder of the children of them both, to plunge him into the deepest misfortunes; for, except for the one son who made his escape with her, she slew the other sons and in company with her most faithful maids p519fled in the dead of night from Corinth and made her way safely to Heracles in Thebes. Her reason for doing so was that Heracles had acted as a mediator in connection with the agreements21 which had been entered into in the land of the Colchians and had promised to come to her aid if she should ever find them violated.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/R ... C*.html#40

Mediator is a common word and does not indicate Deity.

January 3rd, 2017, 2:46 am #53

Absolutely amazing!

Campbell before Campbell!

The Word of God trumps the imaginations of men.

The pristine Word is greater than ecclesiastical hierarchies.

The Word is even greater than denominational loyalties.

Pretentious aspirants of Spirit Indwelling put in their place by the Written Word!
YOU quoted Henry as your evidence: you said it.

Dave
Dave

January 3rd, 2017, 2:53 am #54

Diodorus-Siculus refrrenced 4:5 7 Although Medea had been successful in her first undertakings, yet she did not refrain, so we are told, from taking her revenge upon Jason. For she had come to such a state of rage and jealousy, yes, even of savageness, that, since he had escaped from the peril which threatened him at the same time as his bride, she determined, by the murder of the children of them both, to plunge him into the deepest misfortunes; for, except for the one son who made his escape with her, she slew the other sons and in company with her most faithful maids p519fled in the dead of night from Corinth and made her way safely to Heracles in Thebes. Her reason for doing so was that Heracles had acted as a mediator in connection with the agreements21 which had been entered into in the land of the Colchians and had promised to come to her aid if she should ever find them violated.

Show where I said that.

Dave
Dave

January 3rd, 2017, 3:13 am #55

Ken said "Mediator is a common word and does not indicate Deity." Is this a Keneism or you have Scriptural proof to back that?

Show proof of that.

This is a GLORIOUS day.

January 3rd, 2017, 3:33 am #56

Show where I said that.
Dave quoted Matthew Henry: And now let who will deny him to be essentially God at their peril, but let us own and honour him as God; for, if he had not been God, he had never been FIT to have done the Mediator’s work nor to have worn the Mediator’s crown.

Dave
Dave

January 3rd, 2017, 3:42 am #57

AND???
=

Ken,
Henry is not downgrading the term Mediator. He is saying that Jesus could not have been the Great Mediator if He were not ALSO God.

Man, Ken you are making this to be a very very good year.

Please proceed.

January 3rd, 2017, 4:03 am #58

You and Henry say that Jesus COULD NOT be a mediator with God unless He WAS God.

Paul said;

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE God, and ONE mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;

Get help: quickly

Dave
Dave

January 3rd, 2017, 4:57 am #59

Proves that Jesus is THE MEDIATOR between Himself and God. Other scriptures attest to Jesus being Son of God, Son of man. Hebrews 1, John 1, Isaiah 9, John 8, Exodus 3 proves Jesus to be God also.

You believe that Jesus being God isn't possible because He can't be both. Your mind nor Donnie's mind isn't capable of believing that this could happen, even though Scriptures prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is. I believe the text that God has sent in print before me. You nor Donnie accept the Word, and Donnie needs ""ego eimi" and 'out or in context' to try and prove the Word of God to be wrong.

You still haven't proved where you said "Mediator is a common word and does not indicate Deity," nor where you accused me and Henry of "You and Henry say that Jesus COULD NOT be a mediator with God unless He WAS God."

I said "He is saying that Jesus could not have been the Great Mediator if He were not ALSO God."

Henry used the term "FIT" in reference to as Jesus being God, he was the ultimate Mediator. I agreed with Henry, but I also said that "He" (Henry) is saying this. So where did you come up with you accusing us of saying that "Jesus COULD NOT be a mediator with God unless He was God."? Jesus being God could have been God's Son (which He was/is), the Son of Man (which He was), the mediator between man and His Father (which He was/is), or anything else that God would have bestowed upon Jesus/God. Jesus IS EVERYTHING.
Colossians 1
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And I need help??? It isn't the short term memory that we need to worry about here.

January 3rd, 2017, 7:42 am #60

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Trinitarian concept is always: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Constantly saying that "Jesus is God" [which is never proven in Scripture] sounds like the Roman Catholic praying in vain repetition: "Hail Mary, Mother of God."

Speaking of Jesus' mediation between the only one true God the Father and men (US), both sides of the argument are quoting the same passage: "For there is ONE God, and ONE mediator between God and men, THE MAN Christ Jesus" (I Tim. 2:5).

Dave, let's make it very simple:

1. Truth: Jesus is "the SON of God" mentioned some 45 times in the N.T. [KJV]
2. Truth: Jesus is "the SON of man" mentioned over 80 times in the N.T. [KJV]
3. Truth: "God is not a man" (Numbers 23:19, KJV).
4. Truth: "God is not the son of man" (Numbers 23:19, KJV).
5. Truth: Jesus has a God: "God, even thy God" (Heb. 1:9, KJV).
6. Truth: Jesus has a God: "God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Peter 1:3, KJV).
7. Truth: Jesus has a God: "my Father, my God" (John 20:17, KJV).
8. Truth: Jesus has a God: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
9. Truth: Jesus has a God: "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 15:6, KJV).
a. Truth: Jesus has a God: "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (II Cor. 1:3, KJV).
b. Truth: Jesus has a God: "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (II Cor. 11:31, KJV).

I'm sure there are more references. Yet Trinitarians are still desperately seeking for answers to their man-concocted doctrine of the pagan-influenced, Catholic-invented Trinity Creed.[/color]