The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)

Stan
Stan

October 8th, 2016, 4:28 am #1

I agree with Bill and Dave in their points made in the "Edit And Delete" list of messages. It appears there are few participants on this website and the website is divisive and evil.

The reality and good news is that even though Donnie and Ken are not making any disciples of Jesus Christ nor leading anyone to Christ and baptism through their years/decades of effort and wasted time on this website, there are plenty within the brotherhood who are fulfilling The Great Commission.

Think with me: If you would spend as much time on reaching the lost as you do on instrumental music and other disagreements, don't you think that would be the greater good? Why not let the Concerned Members website be a concern for churches (and Christians) who are not fulfilling The Great Commission to reach the lost?

Bill
Bill

October 8th, 2016, 1:24 pm #2

Thanks, Stan, for your insight. Years ago, CM's purpose claimed to inform the world about, and to combat, the change agents and those who strove to corrupt the New Testament church with "modernism" and so-called "holy entertainment." Now, it seems that CM's purpose is to pitch the personal and sometimes unconventional theologies of its two moderators, who deal with those espousing different views by "shouting" them down, branding them as "lying in wait to deceive," and as much as consigning them to "the lake of fire" in hell. With such a toxic environment here, it's no surprise that readers like Stan, and perhaps many others, would conclude that the CM website is "divisive and evil."

October 8th, 2016, 2:54 pm #3

I agree with Bill and Dave in their points made in the "Edit And Delete" list of messages. It appears there are few participants on this website and the website is divisive and evil.

The reality and good news is that even though Donnie and Ken are not making any disciples of Jesus Christ nor leading anyone to Christ and baptism through their years/decades of effort and wasted time on this website, there are plenty within the brotherhood who are fulfilling The Great Commission.

Think with me: If you would spend as much time on reaching the lost as you do on instrumental music and other disagreements, don't you think that would be the greater good? Why not let the Concerned Members website be a concern for churches (and Christians) who are not fulfilling The Great Commission to reach the lost?
Stan, like Nimrod the great hunter AGAINST God, had 50 names. CM's readers yesterday was about 250 and the average size of a congregation is about 100 with the mega-mouth-churches no longer counted and taking about 1/3 with them as God's Driving Purpose as he culls.

CM's readers can be as many as 600 a day and the readers, like your captive audience, don't see the need to respond. They are welcomed and invited.

CM connects to Piny.com with about 60,000 page reads a week. And being Isaiah 55-literate it doesn't CHARGE for the free water of the Word.

Stan and the Messed Multitudes say "H NO We won't GO." The Discipling Cult tries to put the burden on the LAMBS so that he can sit as FATHER over his DAUGHTER churches. Those who GO as faithful preachers will NEVER receive much help from the mega-churches.

The MUSES are literally fulfilling the roll of the LOCUSTS or worship teams let by Apollon and COLLECTING them in one place. The locusts, muses-musicians recognized as dirty prostitutes cannot HURT those with the MARK of the WORD on their FOREHEAD or Mind. The Locust-Swarm will receive the mark of the BEAST defined by the Greeks as "A sudden new style of music or Satyric Drama."

The MARK on Cain was His Name: "Derived from a musical note and a fast-striking lance." Paul said that he and the later son's of Perdition are OF or the old FOREORDAINED in Jude who references the Instrumental-Trinitarian-Perverted Idolatry at Mount Sinai.

http://www.piney.com/Romans.1.html

You remember when I got BLACKLISTED (wow) for quoting John Calvin:

"Why should the plowing oxen starve and the LAZY ASSES be fed."

<font face="arial" size="4">Gutenberg came and they still whined "Build us a Cathedral" who, like Circe the meaning of church, feeds them on hand-kneaded dung balls after turning them into beast.

The Internet came bypassing any pseudo-university of theology by men who skipped reading and ethics. So, God gave us the INTERNET c. 2000 at the PROPHETIC TIME to go into ALL the world with batteries or sunlight.

The COMMAND is to go preach and if you don't get any response shake the dust off your feet because they are NOT "lost spirits" whom Jesus came to search for and sent HONEST evangelists out to preach, suffer and die.

Yours have not GONE and if they have GONE they WILL NOT "teach what Christ has taught" which includes NOTHING you intend to do while violating the REST of Jesus whose lambs will NOT get fed in mega-churches where the only grase might be astroturf.

I feel for your squirming but he WORM DIETH NOT: The Spirit OF Christ in Isaiah 30 says that the MARKS of God driving His enemies into HELL are wind, string and percussion instruments. These instruments were brought into the Garden of Eden when Lucfer was (h2980 or Chalal cast as profane out of heave.
</font>

October 8th, 2016, 3:40 pm #4

Bill
Bill

October 8th, 2016, 3:48 pm #5

Thanks, Stan, for your insight. Years ago, CM's purpose claimed to inform the world about, and to combat, the change agents and those who strove to corrupt the New Testament church with "modernism" and so-called "holy entertainment." Now, it seems that CM's purpose is to pitch the personal and sometimes unconventional theologies of its two moderators, who deal with those espousing different views by "shouting" them down, branding them as "lying in wait to deceive," and as much as consigning them to "the lake of fire" in hell. With such a toxic environment here, it's no surprise that readers like Stan, and perhaps many others, would conclude that the CM website is "divisive and evil."
Many folks read this CM website, just like many folks read the lurid tabloids, often for the same reasons: they actually believe the toxic hype, blarney, and propaganda written therein, or they enjoy reading that trash simply out of morbid curiosity.

October 8th, 2016, 4:28 pm #6

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Stan/Lindsey (8/29/15) Who[?} brought up a few points:

(1) There are "plenty within the brotherhood who are fulfilling The Great Commission." That explains why churches of Christ are experiencing phenomenal numerical growth, right? Or, is the reverse true?

(2) There is "concern for churches (and Christians) who are not fulfilling The Great Commission to reach the lost."

(3) ConcernedMembers is a religious discussion forum. It is "divisive," some say. How so? Because varying opinions are published and discussed? How many congregations has CM divided? How many congregations have been divided by "change agents" operating in the brotherhood?

(4) ConcernedMembers is a religious discussion forum. It is "evil," some say. Beware, participants. "Abstain from all APPEARANCE of evil" (I Thess. 5:22). REALITY may be much worse than APPEARANCE.

(5) ConcernedMembers is a religious discussion forum. Stan has a responsibility to transform other religious fora to where everyone agrees:

(6) Welcome back, Stan, for an update on this thread.[/color]

Bill
Bill

October 8th, 2016, 7:12 pm #7

Donnie asks Stan how CM is divisive. "Because varying opinions are published and discussed?"

Varying opinions are indeed published and discussed at CM, but what Donnie conveniently omits is that he and Ken "shout down" all opinions that differ from their own. Because Stan criticizes CM, Donnie shouts him down and "emphasizes" it by using boldface text, underlining, italics, text in all caps, and different font colors.

Donnie shouts down Stan with a sarcastic reply: "Stan has a responsibility to transform other religious fora to where everyone agrees."

On religious message boards, not all parties are expected to agree, but all parties are expected to share and respect all opinions put forth therein. It's one thing to say, "I don't agree with your view and here's why..." It's another to imply that your interpretation of Scripture is the only one that matters, that other interpretations are "irrelevant," that other comments are "too wordy," and to imply that people with different scriptural interpretations from yours are bound for "the lake of fire" in hell. Such arrogance, sarcasm, and mean-spirited attitudes create a toxic and divisive forum.

October 8th, 2016, 10:04 pm #8

Bill says that Jesus is God the Father.
Ken quotes all of the SCRIPTURE which has Jesus SHOUTING that God is HIS father and He is God's Son: He doesn't even have any words of his own. He shouts that those who speak ON THEIR OWN are the Sons of the Devil.

Bill just doesn't like any Scripture which says that SPEAK does not mean SING.

I don't make it up.

October 8th, 2016, 10:48 pm #9

The only Stan I can find is on the staff of enough people to evangelize the world.

https://compassionchristian.com/henders ... t_us/staff

Bill
Bill

October 8th, 2016, 10:49 pm #10

Bill says that Jesus is God the Father.
Ken quotes all of the SCRIPTURE which has Jesus SHOUTING that God is HIS father and He is God's Son: He doesn't even have any words of his own. He shouts that those who speak ON THEIR OWN are the Sons of the Devil.

Bill just doesn't like any Scripture which says that SPEAK does not mean SING.

I don't make it up.
Since Ken brought it up, I believe that Jesus is also God, and I have previously quoted Scriptures that, to me, prove it. Donnie and Ken have the right to disagree and interpret those same Scriptures differently, to believe that Jesus is not God. Likewise, I have the right to disagree with their views. After all, no Scripture says, "Jesus is God" in those exact words; likewise, no Scripture says, "Jesus is not God" in those exact words. Therefore, each of us must decide whether Jesus is or is not God according to our understanding, faith, and interpretation of the Scriptures. The same goes for singing. Perhaps a few, like Ken, believe that singing in the assembly is wrong. I and a whole world of other Christians just happen not to agree with him. It's not a matter of "liking" or "not liking" the Scriptures. It's all a matter of how we interpret the Scriptures.

Unfortunately, Donnie and Ken give CM a black mark by denigrating those who do not share Donnie's and Ken's beliefs or their particular interpretations of Scripture. And that is why, despite the many who allegedly read this site, so few people actually participate in the "discussions" here.