'The God of Jesus Christ' (Scriptures) -- Does Jesus Have a God?

December 31st, 2015, 7:01 am #1

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Let not the subject of this thread nor the scriptures quoted below offend you. Instead, let this be a serious study of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 3:13; Luke 20:37; Matt. 22:32; Mark 12:26) and the God of Jesus Christ (please read and study some of many references below).

The purpose of this study is to show what the Scripture has revealed (not in secrecy) that Jesus himself has a God just like the rest of us. (Of course, it was God who made Jesus both Lord and Christ [Acts 2:36]. We also know that Jesus Christ is "the image of God" [II Cor. 4:4].)[/color]

<ol>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matt. 27:46)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Mark 15:34)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]So that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom. 15:6, NIV)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort (II Cor. 1:3, NIV, etc.)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not. (II Cor. 11:31)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: (Eph. 1:3)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. (Eph. 1:17, NIV, etc.)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (I Peter 1:3)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And from Jesus Christ who ... washed us from our sins in his own blood ... and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father--to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. (Rev. 1:5,6; NIV, etc.)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Rev. 3:12)[/color]</li>[/list]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Isn't this a fair, sensical question: How can Jesus “be God” and “have a God” at the same time?

The serious Bible student would also ask why Jesus still says "my God" in Revelation 3:12, considering: after his death, resurrection and ascension when Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth, and seated at the right hand of God!!![/color]

[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Edited from an unordered list to a numbered list of 11 verses most of which truly indicate:

(1) The God
(2) and [conjunction]
(3) Father
(4) OF [preposition]
(5) our Lord Jesus Christ.

It can't be any more clear and precise than that!!!
[/color] [d.c.]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on February 22nd, 2016, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2015, 5:34 pm #2

As with most false teachings, men seem to be able to ignore the dozens of passages which REFUTES their Self-Will. They are left with obscure passages which they have to redefine or be proven NOT to be equal with Jesus as Authoritative Teacher as claimed by one of our recent angels of blight.

1Th. 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus,
unto the church of the Thessalonians
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
which is IN<b> God [Theos] the Father
.....and <b>IN<b> the Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ:
</b></b></b>

All of Scripture defines God as the Father (Originator, Teacher)
And defines Jesus as our LORD.
That excludes Jesus as being a PART of Whom we call GOD
Or we believe the writers did not know how to read.

Neither Lord nor Christ are "God" words. Christ as Messiah was prophesied to be of the seed (sperm) of Abraham in the singular sense to finally bring all blessings religionists ware Purpose Driven to Steal.

Jesus of Nazareth was not BORN Lord and Christ.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
.....that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
.....both Lord and Christ.

Jesus as Christ would be Prophet, Priest and King: His reign began when God gave Him that authority and it will end when death is finally destroyed when Jesus returns and GIVES BACK any authority.

Grace be unto you, and peace,
from GOD OUR Father,
.....AND
.....the LORD Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 1:3

AND means that Jesus Christ is NOT God our Father.

1Th. 1:3ASV Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love,
and patience of hope
<b>in our Lord Jesus Christ, <b>
.....before our God and Father;
</b></b>
</font></font></font>

Bill
Bill

December 31st, 2015, 7:04 pm #3

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Let not the subject of this thread nor the scriptures quoted below offend you. Instead, let this be a serious study of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 3:13; Luke 20:37; Matt. 22:32; Mark 12:26) and the God of Jesus Christ (please read and study some of many references below).

The purpose of this study is to show what the Scripture has revealed (not in secrecy) that Jesus himself has a God just like the rest of us. (Of course, it was God who made Jesus both Lord and Christ [Acts 2:36]. We also know that Jesus Christ is "the image of God" [II Cor. 4:4].)[/color]

<ol>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matt. 27:46)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Mark 15:34)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]So that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom. 15:6, NIV)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort (II Cor. 1:3, NIV, etc.)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not. (II Cor. 11:31)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: (Eph. 1:3)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. (Eph. 1:17, NIV, etc.)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (I Peter 1:3)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And from Jesus Christ who ... washed us from our sins in his own blood ... and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father--to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. (Rev. 1:5,6; NIV, etc.)[/color]

</li>[*][color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Rev. 3:12)[/color]</li>[/list]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Isn't this a fair, sensical question: How can Jesus “be God” and “have a God” at the same time?

The serious Bible student would also ask why Jesus still says "my God" in Revelation 3:12, considering: after his death, resurrection and ascension when Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth, and seated at the right hand of God!!![/color]

[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Edited from an unordered list to a numbered list of 11 verses most of which truly indicate:

(1) The God
(2) and [conjunction]
(3) Father
(4) OF [preposition]
(5) our Lord Jesus Christ.

It can't be any more clear and precise than that!!!
[/color] [d.c.]
1 Cor. 1:3 states: "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ" (KJV).

There, God is the Father and Jesus is the Lord.

Then Rev. 19:1b states: "Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God" (KJV).

There, God is the Lord.

Rev. 19:6b states, "Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth" (KJV).

Again, God is the Lord.

So the New Testament says that Jesus is the Lord and also that God is the Lord.

That, of course, fits with Phil. 2:6, which refers to Jesus: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" (KJV).

Since the New Testament states that God is the Lord and Jesus is the Lord, then it follows that God and Jesus are one and the same.

December 31st, 2015, 10:14 pm #4

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times](1) I edited the initial post for the benefit of those who are interested in counting the number of verses [and there are at least 11] that support the truth that God is "the God and Father" OF our Lord Jesus Christ. You seem to be rejecting or ignoring those 11 verses. Why? Why not?

(2) You quoted I Corinthians 1:3 -- "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." Excellent. Thanks. But what does the conjunction "and" mean to you? 1 and 1 = 1? Or, 1 and 1 = 2? Are you saying: "God the Father IS Jesus Christ"? I hope NOT.

(3) Yes, both "the Lord God" and "the Lord Jesus Christ" are in the Scripture. And so is "the lord of the vineyard." And so is "the lord of the servants." But "God" does not mean "lord" or vice versa. Do you know who made Jesus both Lord and Christ? God, of course (Acts 2:36).

(4) Philippians 2:6. How much easier and simpler the writer could have said: "Jesus is God." But nope! It does NOT say that Jesus is God!!!![/color]

December 31st, 2015, 11:17 pm #5

1 Cor. 1:3 states: "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ" (KJV).

There, God is the Father and Jesus is the Lord.

Then Rev. 19:1b states: "Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God" (KJV).

There, God is the Lord.

Rev. 19:6b states, "Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth" (KJV).

Again, God is the Lord.

So the New Testament says that Jesus is the Lord and also that God is the Lord.

That, of course, fits with Phil. 2:6, which refers to Jesus: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" (KJV).

Since the New Testament states that God is the Lord and Jesus is the Lord, then it follows that God and Jesus are one and the same.
The Bible says that the Rock was Christ, but a rock is not Christ.

God is the RULER of the World but He MADE Jesus of NAZARETH To Be Lord over His earthly reign. Jesus will even cease to be lord so that one given lordship for a time is NOT God

1Cor. 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Cor. 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Cor. 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Cor. 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet.
.....But when he saith all things are put under him,
.....it is manifest that he is excepted,
.....which did put all things under him.
1Cor. 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him,
.....then shall the Son also himself be subject
.....unto him that put all things under him
.....that God may be all in all.

The Throne has been given up so that Jesus is now subject to the Lord-God

Rev. 22:3 And there shall be no more curse:
.....but the throne of God
.....AND
.....of the Lamb shall be in it;
.....and his servants shall serve him:

Bill
Bill

January 1st, 2016, 1:14 am #6

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times](1) I edited the initial post for the benefit of those who are interested in counting the number of verses [and there are at least 11] that support the truth that God is "the God and Father" OF our Lord Jesus Christ. You seem to be rejecting or ignoring those 11 verses. Why? Why not?

(2) You quoted I Corinthians 1:3 -- "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." Excellent. Thanks. But what does the conjunction "and" mean to you? 1 and 1 = 1? Or, 1 and 1 = 2? Are you saying: "God the Father IS Jesus Christ"? I hope NOT.

(3) Yes, both "the Lord God" and "the Lord Jesus Christ" are in the Scripture. And so is "the lord of the vineyard." And so is "the lord of the servants." But "God" does not mean "lord" or vice versa. Do you know who made Jesus both Lord and Christ? God, of course (Acts 2:36).

(4) Philippians 2:6. How much easier and simpler the writer could have said: "Jesus is God." But nope! It does NOT say that Jesus is God!!!![/color]
The Scripture says that Jesus is Lord and that God is Lord.

The New Testament need not be restricted to saying "Jesus is God" to show us that Jesus is indeed God. The New Testament has other ways of saying it. We've just seen examples from 1 Corinthians and Rev. 19, which link God and Jesus together as the Lord.

When Satan tempted Jesus, "Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God" (Matt. 4:7). Jesus was the One whom Satan tempted, yet He told Satan not to tempt the Lord God. If Jesus had not been God, he would not have said that.

The phrase "Lord Jesus" is found in 179 verses restricted to the New Testament, whereas the phrase "Lord God" is found in 1,595 verses in both Testaments.

There is only one Lord: "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" (Mark 12:29).

There is only one Lord. Therefore, since the Bible refers to "Lord Jesus" and "Lord God"," then that can only mean one thing (unless the Bible contradicts itself): God and Jesus are one and the same Divine Being.

January 1st, 2016, 2:27 am #7

The Bible says that the Rock was Christ, but a rock is not Christ.

God is the RULER of the World but He MADE Jesus of NAZARETH To Be Lord over His earthly reign. Jesus will even cease to be lord so that one given lordship for a time is NOT God

1Cor. 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Cor. 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Cor. 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Cor. 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet.
.....But when he saith all things are put under him,
.....it is manifest that he is excepted,
.....which did put all things under him.
1Cor. 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him,
.....then shall the Son also himself be subject
.....unto him that put all things under him
.....that God may be all in all.

The Throne has been given up so that Jesus is now subject to the Lord-God

Rev. 22:3 And there shall be no more curse:
.....but the throne of God
.....AND
.....of the Lamb shall be in it;
.....and his servants shall serve him:
The phrase "Lord Jesus" is found in 179 verses restricted to the New Testament, whereas the phrase "Lord God" is found in 1,595 verses in both Testaments.

Lord God is never used of Jesus!

Lord and God are reversed in the Greek Translation. There are many gods (elohim) including men as rulers considered as the almighty. However, Jehovah (Lord) is the only TRUE Elohim (god).

Gen. 14:22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom,
I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD [Jehovah],
.....the MOST HIGH God [elohim], the possessor of heaven and earth,

Gen. 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine,
.....the LORD [Jehovah] appeared to Abram, and said unto him,
.....I am the Almighty God [El used of any deity h410];
.....walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen. 24:3 And I will make thee swear by the LORD,
.....the God of heaven, and the God of the earth,
.....that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites,
.....among whom I dwell:

In Greek God is (Theos) and Lord is (Kurios). The One Theos made Jesus TO BE kurios having the FULL authority of the always-pagan father, mother (spirit) and son. The Voice from heaven made a radical departure: the mother did not produce a daughter but God is the Father of a Son. ALL trinities are built upon the original triple goddes which gave way to permitting an ignorant father and an evil son.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh,
.....that he should give eternal life to as many as thou HAST GIVEN HIM
John 17:3 And this is life eternal,
.....that they might know thee the ONLY true God,
.....AND Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods,
.....whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father,
.....OF whom are all things, and we in him;
.....and one Lord Jesus Christ, BY whom are all things, and we by him

Lord AND God are always separated in the NT except in that Revelation passage AFTER Jesus has returned the throne to the One God Almighty.
</font>

January 1st, 2016, 2:37 am #8

When Satan tempted Jesus, "Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God" (Matt. 4:7). Jesus was the One whom Satan tempted, yet He told Satan not to tempt the Lord God. If Jesus had not been God, he would not have said that.

Matt. 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Matt. 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God,
.....cast thyself down:
..... for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:
.....and in their hands they shall bear thee up,
.....lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Matt. 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again,
.....Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Jesus stops all of the human imagination by just quoting Scripture:

Is. 7:12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.

If Ahaz asked then He would be tempting God and not himself. If Jesus asked HE would be tempting the Lord God. He would not be tempting himself if he in fact JUMPTED.

Ex. 17:2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?

They would not be tempting Moses nor does Moses think that He is Jehovah as the tempted.

Jesus had no power to fly through the air nor did He believe that He could.The Devil is inviting Jesus to TEST GOD: If Jesus jumped then HE would be tempting the LORD thy God
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on January 1st, 2016, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 1st, 2016, 3:07 am #9

There is only one Lord: "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" (Mark 12:29).

The Shema is a primary prayer recited in the synagogues:

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD OUR God is ONE LORD:
Deut. 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deut. 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Jesus identified the Scribes and Pharisees as hypocrites: speakers, singers, instrument players. They knew that if they could get Jesus to DENY the Shema they would have him so trapped that they had a right to have Him executed. Jehovah is the ONE TRUE Elohim. They have many gods (the Jews) but Jehovah is OUR Elohim. Lord-God is the sure way to repudiate the authority of the "gods" people just made up.

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord OUR God is one Lord:

Jesus just said with blinding truth that HE was not but THE Lord is OUR God and there is only ONE JEHOVAH. And no Jew was so ignorant as to make and IDOL thinking that Jehovah was THREE PERSONS about the size of Jesus.

While men bowed to Jesus as physical "worship" Jesus said:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love THE Lord THY God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

That does not give room for ANY even token disciple to sing a praise song:

We worship the Father
We worship Jesus
We worship the holy spirit.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is NONE OTHER BUT HE.

Denying that father-son relationship, says John, makes one an antichrist. The Scribe says there is NONE (exclusive) OTHER (exclusive) but HE (not they). False teachers gladly say that Jesus Christ was too ignorant not to know that the Scribe was lying and no one understood the truth truth until WE dredged the "trinity" by quoting passages hoping people will not read.

Watched a program today about the Puritans: getting access to the printed Bible suddenly made them aware that they didn't need the clergy: the clergy in turn got as many murdered as possible. The historian noted that Western Civilization was the result of not trusting one person to be our mediator in song and sermon.

January 1st, 2016, 4:19 am #10

The Scripture says that Jesus is Lord and that God is Lord.

The New Testament need not be restricted to saying "Jesus is God" to show us that Jesus is indeed God. The New Testament has other ways of saying it. We've just seen examples from 1 Corinthians and Rev. 19, which link God and Jesus together as the Lord.

There is only one Lord. Therefore, since the Bible refers to "Lord Jesus" and "Lord God"," then that can only mean one thing (unless the Bible contradicts itself): God and Jesus are one and the same Divine Being.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times](5) You continue to reject several passages that specifically and unequivocally state: "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Why is that? It's God's truth: (a) Jesus Christ has a Father; (b) Jesus Christ has a God. Let's not change the scripture to conform to man's thinking like yours, alright?

(6) You are the one doing the linking between God and Jesus as one Lord. Jesus, the Son of God, was not Lord until God made him both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36). "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." Somehow you have this idea that Jesus made himself Lord. The truth is that God was the One who made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

(7) You're correct that "Lord Jesus" is found 179 times in the New Testament. You have one more search remaining: How many times is "Lord Jesus" found in the Old Testament, if you claim that Jesus is "from the beginning." When you find a single reference to "Lord Jesus" in the O.T., let me know. Again, "lord" ("kurios") is not the same as "God" ("theos").

(8) Deut. 6:16 states: "Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God...." The "Lord Jesus" was non-existent in the O.T. dispensation. So, Jesus was quoting when he said, "It is written...."; and he was speaking of "the Lord God" -- not of himself as "Lord Jesus." Remember that it was God who made the crucified Jesus both Lord and Christ. So, he said: "... It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." The passage in James 1:13 confirms: "... for God cannot be tempted." Indeed, God cannot be tempted!!! But Jesus was tempted, although he did not yield to the temptation.

(9) Man's conclusion: "God and Jesus are one and the same Divine Being."

(10) The various salutations from all the epistles (Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, and the rest) prove otherwise and clearly indicate two separate beings:

-- Grace to you and peace from God our Father, AND the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans)
-- Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, AND from the Lord Jesus Christ. (I Corinthians)
-- Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, AND from the Lord Jesus Christ. (II Corinthians)
-- Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, AND from our Lord Jesus Christ. (Galatians)
-- Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, AND from the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians)
-- Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, AND from the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians)
-- Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ. (Colossians)
-- ... Is that enough from the epistles?[/color]