January 6th, 2016, 5:22 pm #41

Bill boasts about not reading my posts so he keeps on trusting "human imagination" which declares that the recorded TEXT is not relevant if HE can do a legalistic end run around it. He could get a Phd with that thesis.

January 7th, 2016, 7:38 am #42

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill boasts about and trusts his "human imagination" and is fixated on his fallacious premise that God the Father and Jesus Christ ARE [?????] one [?????] and the same Being. Scripture twisting works for him he thinks.

Bill's nonsensical logic is as follows:

1. God the Father sent His only begotten Son
2. But God Himself literally became flesh, so Jesus is God on earth;
3. Therefore, God and Jesus Christ are one and the same Being.

Wow!!! That's Bill. Dr. Bill's creative imagination.[/color]

January 7th, 2016, 7:46 am #43

Some people may take a passage like Eph. 6:23 that mentions "God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" and contend that since God is the Father, then only Jesus, not God, is the Lord, that they are two separate beings, which is the concept of "Binity."

No, it is not any kind of ITY:
God is the only SPIRIT without flesh and bones
Jesus said He had flesh and bones
Therefore, Jesus was not God or we couldn't see Him.

Lord just means a RULER and the modern PLANTATION OWNERS (mega churches) have only the senior pastor as LORD: He is the antithesis of a "minister" because he insists that even the poor widows sell their property so he can build more houses.

One God person
One MAN as Mediator
All people who are brothers with no ranks

The One Piece Pattern:

Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
one mouth glorify God,
.....even the Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ

GOD is defined as the FATHER. God is the Father of Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus was not the CHRIST of God until God "made Him to be both Lord and christ." He is not called the Son of God until after His baptism. Neither Lord Nor Christ are God words in the Greek.

There is just ONE GOD FATHER OF THE UNIVERSE OR UNIVERSES.
Jesus was given God's throne for HIS kingdom and so the RULER.
Jesus is the ONE MAN who is the mediator between the ONE GOD and His Children.
That is neither unitarianism or oneness which is not content to speak where the Bible speaks.

1 Cor. 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things
.....that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, [gods]
.....we know that an idol is nothing in the world,
.....and that there is none other God but ONE<b>. </b>

The trinity invented by Lipscomb University's H. Leo Boles and which spread over parts of churches of Christ says as with John Mark Hicks.

There are THREE centers of consciousness, able to "commune" or with Boles hold conversations like a committee.

The Father is God
The Son is God: 100% man and 100% God
The Holy Spirit is God
They are ONE only in the sense that THEY are perfectly agreed among THEMSELVES.

Paul is therefore declared IGNORANT and also a woman hater and so WE no longer preach from the epistles but we KNOW only Christ and Him crucified. They translate that to mean WE PREACH only Christ. However, that is a lie because they claim that a spirit will tell them the TRUE TRUTH if you engage in Ignatian Meditations which honors Mary the Mother of God.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, OF whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The ONE GOD is the FATHER and not IN ADDITION a son and a spirit.

</font>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Let's not expect Bill to understand this simple truth:

[/color]
<blockquote>The only true God the Father sent Jesus Christ to earth. (John 17:3)
</blockquote>

Bill
Bill

January 7th, 2016, 2:20 pm #44

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill boasts about and trusts his "human imagination" and is fixated on his fallacious premise that God the Father and Jesus Christ ARE [?????] one [?????] and the same Being. Scripture twisting works for him he thinks.

Bill's nonsensical logic is as follows:

1. God the Father sent His only begotten Son
2. But God Himself literally became flesh, so Jesus is God on earth;
3. Therefore, God and Jesus Christ are one and the same Being.

Wow!!! That's Bill. Dr. Bill's creative imagination.[/color]
Sarcasm is not much of a rebuttal, Donnie. That's all you have left. You can't get around the Bible's "One Lord" and still say the "Lord God" and "Lord Jesus" are two separate Lords. For it all to fit, God and Jesus must be the same One Being, the same One Lord. If the Bible had never said that there is only One Lord, you might have had a case for Lord God and Lord Jesus as two separate Beings, two separate Lords. But since the Bible does say that there is only One Lord, then to say that Lord God and Lord Jesus are separate and not identical is the product of your highly imaginative talents.

January 8th, 2016, 8:48 am #45

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The untruth (yours) is never a rebuttal especially in a religious discussion.

THE TRUTH (the Scripture) says: "that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2:36)

You must accept that truth, Bill.[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]1. Yes, "the Lord God" is mentioned 500+ times in Scripture.
2. Yes, God made Jesus Lord (Acts 2:36).
3. Yes, therefore, the crucified Jesus is Lord (Acts 2:36).

1. "The Lord our God is one Lord" ((Mark 12:29).
2. "There is one Lord Jesus Christ" (I Cor. 6:8).
3. So, one is Lord; the other is Lord.

"ONLY ONE LORD" -- is <b>NOT in the Bible
</b>[/color].

Bill
Bill

January 8th, 2016, 5:59 pm #46

There can only be One Lord, not two Lords. Donnie says one is Lord and the other is Lord. Yet the Bible says there is only ONE Lord: The Lord our God is one Lord, not two Lords.

Donnie says "Only one Lord is not in the Bible." Donnie fails to realize that "Two separate Lords" is also not in the Bible.

If there is only one Lord, as the Bible says, the Lord God and Lord Jesus are One and the same Being. Jesus is God.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...again, because we interpret the Bible differently and we're not about to change each other's minds. Whereas Donnie interprets the Bible as having two separate Lords, I interpret the Bible as having one Lord with God and Jesus being identical as that same one Lord as one Being. I also recall the Scriptures saying "One Lord [not two], one faith, one baptism" (Eph. 4:5) and "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30), not two or more Lords.

Have a nice day.

January 8th, 2016, 6:24 pm #47

Those who CAN read my posts note that Scripture says that there are MANY gods and MANY lords. Both of these are generic: if you GIVE ATTENDANCE to the false sermons and silly songs and not-talented singers then these are your gods and lords since they RULE OVER YOU.

IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN instead of a trinitarian ANTI-CHRISTIAN you will not be permitted to deny:

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

God made the MAN Jesus of Nazareth TO BE both Lord and Christ: that RULERSHIP as KING over His kingdom the Church will cease when Jesus returns and the SORCERERS are CAST ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

People who refute the Scriptures and "speak on their own" have the Devil as their Lord because Jesus said "they are sons of the Devil."

January 10th, 2016, 7:01 pm #48

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There are those who also GIVE ATTENDANCE to the man-made Trinity Creed instead of (or more than) the Scripture -- not just the silly songs and the false sermons.

When the Trinity dogma asserts that there are 3 PERSONS in one God (1+1+1=3), their minds are too preoccupied with desperately looking for scriptures [and there's NONE]:

(2) to prove that Jesus Christ is God and
(3) to prove that the Holy Ghost is God also.

When the Scripture clearly specifies that "... there is but one God, the Father" (I Cor. 8:6) and there are numerous (other) passages that support that truth that the one true God is the Father, the Trinity followers are desperate:

(2) to prove that Jesus Christ is God and
(3) to prove that the Holy Ghost is God also.

There's so much confusion among those who have the affinity for the "3-persons-in-one-God" theory/speculation. (Bill is one of those: he will contend that while "God [is] in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity" [remember the song: "Holy, Holy, Holy!"], he will also contend that there is only ONE PERSON between God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son.)[/color]

Bill
Bill

January 10th, 2016, 7:59 pm #49

Why shouldn't the Holy Spirit be God? We know that God is a spirit (John 4:24), and since God is holy, then He as a Spirit is holy; hence the Holy Spirit is God. Can a being who is already a spirit (God) have a (separate?) spirit of its own? In other words, is the Holy Spirit the spirit of a spirit? Apparently Donnie thinks so.

I believe that there is only one Supreme Being in the universe, only One Lord, not two or more, Who manifests Himself as God, as Jesus, as the Father, as the Son, and as the Holy Spirit. God is not a person, neither is the Holy Spirit a person. Jesus, once a physical man on earth, is no longer a person; He is God, Who is Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word [Whom we know to be Jesus Who was made flesh], and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7).

"I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).

I interpret the phrase "are one" in these passages to mean "one and the same." Donnie has an entirely different interpretation; furthermore, he believes that all interpretations other than his are "wrong," that his is the only correct interpretation.

That's why he won't agree to disagree.

January 10th, 2016, 8:46 pm #50

That's right Bill, when you say I THINK that's bad news!

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
[30] ego et Pater unum sumus

Unum 1. Adverbial expressions.
a. Ad unum, all together, unanimously, to a man, without exception:
b. In unum, into one, to one place, together:

Sumus exist

John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
John 10:32 Jesus answered them,
.....Many good works have I shewed you FROM my Father;
.....for which of those works do ye stone me?
John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying,
.....For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy;
.....and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
John 10:35 If he called them gods,
.....UNTO WHOM the word of God came,
.....and the scripture cannot be broken;
John 10:36 Say ye of him,
.....WHOM the Father hath SANCTIFIED,
.....and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest;
.....ecause I said, I am the Son of God?
John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Jesus the Man was sanctified or set aside by God when He was called the SON OF GOD after He was baptized. A son of God is "god" but He is not the FATHER or ALMIGHTY.

Jesus said that He was the SON OF GOD. Why accuse Him with being stupid: He could have said and WOULD HAVE SAID "I AM Jehovah the only elohim."