March 3rd, 2016, 12:23 am #111

1John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God:
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
that loveth HIM that BEGAT
.....loveth him also that is BEGOTTEN OF him.

Trinitarians claim that CHRIST means GOD. Christ proves that HE THAT ANOINTS is grater than the ANOINTED.

g5547. Christos, khris-tos´; from 5548; anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus: — Christ.
5548. cri÷w chrio, khree´-o; probably akin to 5530 through the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil,
i.e. (by implication) to consecrate to an office or religious service: — anoint.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made [something MADE]
that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Jesus was not the Christ until God consecrated Him to that office."

God Begat Jesus: G1080. gennao, ghen-nah´-o; from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate: — bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

Jesus is the begotten: G1080. gennao, ghen-nah´-o; from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate: — bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the WORD of God.

The Logos is God's creative and Regulative Principle. The WORD of God is SPIRIT AND LIFE. Contrary to the ALWAYS-PAGAN trinitarians the father god does not have sex with a mortal mother and create a son who is "both god and man" as the trinitarians blaspheme. Neo Trinitarians in churches of Christ do NOT think that they have to obey the God revealed in Scriptures: they just make up their dogma like the Pharisees and insist that your liberty is to "get over it or get out."

1John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

We know that we, like Jesus of Nazareth, have overcome the World. Kosmos, Ecumenical or the kingdom of the devil. If you are spending the widow's fortune On A Christian WORLD view you are as boasted PREDESTINED to that tole.

1John 5:4 For whatsoever is BORN of God overcometh [NIKE] the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the WORLD, even our faith.

All Believers like our elder brother are begotten the same way: G1080. gennao, ghen-nah´-o; from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate: — bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

1John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that BELIEVETH that Jesus is the SON OFf God?

Contrary to Lucado-Shelly, Jesus didn't come in a "veil of light" and into Mary as fully god.

1John 5:6 This is he that came by WATER and BLOOD, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood.
And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit IS truth.

Jesus said My WORDS are SPIRIT. God is SPIRIT without flesh and blood.
Jesus was Flesh and Blood and and was pronounced a Son after He was baptized.</font>

March 3rd, 2016, 3:46 am #112

Those 11 passages that you cited, the passages that I have previously cited, and in fact all of the New Testament unequivocally confirm to me that Jesus IS God. Remember: The key is interpretation, interpretation, interpretation. So, once again, we'll just have to agree to disagree (like we've been doing all along).

Bill
Bill

March 3rd, 2016, 6:53 am #113

Yes, it's all about interpretation.

When Jesus said, "I and my Father are one," you interpret that to mean that they are of one mind, but not that they are one and the same Being. On the other hand, I interpret that passage to mean that not only are they of one mind but the same Being as well.

When Jesus said, "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father," I interpret that to mean that Jesus and the Father are one and the same Being, whereas you don't.

We interpret Isaiah 9:6 differently.

We interpret Matthew 1:23 differently.

And we most certainly interpret Mark 9:23 differently. That's why God can be the Father of Jesus and Jesus can be God at the same time, because with God, all things are possible.

So we continue to agree to disagree.

BTW, since you mentioned them, I did notice that highlighting text and "shouting" in all caps tend to make you look like a desperate and exasperated fanatic. I'm sure you'd rather avoid that image. LOL

March 3rd, 2016, 3:18 pm #114

And we most certainly interpret Mark 9:23 differently. That's why God can be the Father of Jesus and Jesus can be God at the same time, because with God, all things are possible.

That sounds like the Progressives who use Hermes, Mercury or Kairos as the MARK of false teachers planting false churches. They are based on a personality or not-great music and theater are always defined as neutered and therefore not self-reproducing. The RIB story debunks the pagan HERMES or Hermaphrodite Babylonian account. Modern trinitarians still try, perhaps predestined as they boast, try to make God into father, mother (spirit) and son ALL existing as a Hermaphrodite.

<font face="arial" size="4">A recent work by Lenormant shows that the Lebanon Venus [Zoe, Eve by the Feminists] is the Image of Jealousy mentioned by Ezekiel as a piece of sculpture in the portico of the Jerusalem Temple. Adonis died, was mourned and rose the third day. The spirit was regarded as hermaphrodite! Did not a sacti emanate from the Hermes-Adonis in Hades? The luna in Hades is Proserpina; but Venus is the crescent (vena), daughter and rib of Sol-Saturnus, the Venah (Binah, B is V) the " Daughter of God" mentioned in Jewish philosophy. Now we come to the two-gendered Bol of the Babylonians and the remarkable manliness of the Homeric Goddess of "Wisdom, who later appears, with the ball on her head, as Fortuna.

The Wisdom which is man and woman !—Hermes, i. 30. The Wisdom the Daughter of God is also male and father.—Philo Judaens, de Prof. 9.

The Egyptians supposed that the world consisted of a masculine and feminine nature. They engraved a scarabaeus for Athena and a vulture for Hephaistos, since these were regarded as hermaphrodite;3 like Men, Lunus-luna, Adam Kadmon and Brahma.

The holy image of Athena (Minerva, the Isis or feminine holy spirit) fell from heaven : and a lamp of gold Kallimachus made for the female God. And

That's why God was confessed to be the Father of a Son and not the Daughter of a self-generating mother. If the Spirit is the Mother in all pagan triads, it was a mother who impregnated Mary (female) to produce a sterile and therefore helpless perpetual infant in the hands of a mother.

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation;
of him also shall the Son of MAN be ashamed,
when he cometh in the glory of HIS FATHER with the holy angels.

Mark 9:21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
Mark 9:22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mark 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

WHO MADE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE?

Mark 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
Mark 9:26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
Mark 9:27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

I believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE that people who HIRE OUT any body part in the name of God to ever get rid of the feminine wannabe and ActABe.
</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on March 3rd, 2016, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

March 3rd, 2016, 5:05 pm #115

Yes, it's all about interpretation.

When Jesus said, "I and my Father are one," you interpret that to mean that they are of one mind, but not that they are one and the same Being. On the other hand, I interpret that passage to mean that not only are they of one mind but the same Being as well.

When Jesus said, "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father," I interpret that to mean that Jesus and the Father are one and the same Being, whereas you don't.

We interpret Isaiah 9:6 differently.

We interpret Matthew 1:23 differently.

So we continue to agree to disagree.

BTW, since you mentioned them, I did notice that highlighting text and "shouting" in all caps tend to make you look like a desperate and exasperated fanatic. I'm sure you'd rather avoid that image. LOL
When asked, "Are all things possible with God?" the usual answer most Christians give is, "Of course. God is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible for Him."

But when you put them to the test and ask, "Can God be the Father of Jesus and Jesus be God at the same time?" some Christians say, "No, it's absolutely impossible! The Father cannot be the Son, nor can the Son be the Father." So those same Christians, who just agreed that all things are possible with God, have contradicted themselves and have instead admitted they believe that God has limitations. So much for their "belief" in an all-powerful God.

March 3rd, 2016, 7:24 pm #116

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Heb. 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
Heb. 6:16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
Heb. 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
Heb. 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

God calls Jesus His BEGOTTEN Son and Jesus Calls the ONE GOD His Father.
There is only ONE GOD the father and ONE MEDIATOR betweem MAN and God, the MAN Jesus Christ.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

So, twisting the context of Jesus to say that the Son can be the Father calls God a Liar.

For it is impossible....to renew them again unto repentance;

Bill
Bill

March 3rd, 2016, 8:27 pm #117

"For it is impossible...to renew them again unto repentance" is not talking about God; it is talking about those Christians who fall away from God. Christians are still finite and thus can fall away from God.

With God all things are possible, just as the Scripture says, but some folks insist that God has limitations, in which case they call God a liar. While a human father cannot be his son nor his son be the father, it is possible for God and Jesus to be one and the same, Father and Son, one and the same. After all, as Jesus said, "I and my Father are one." It doesn't get any plainer than that.

March 3rd, 2016, 11:44 pm #118

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Heb. 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
Heb. 6:16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
Heb. 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
Heb. 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

God calls Jesus His BEGOTTEN Son and Jesus Calls the ONE GOD His Father.
There is only ONE GOD the father and ONE MEDIATOR betweem MAN and God, the MAN Jesus Christ.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

So, twisting the context of Jesus to say that the Son can be the Father calls God a Liar.

For it is impossible....to renew them again unto repentance;
Sorry to hi-jack thread, but can someone elaborate on these verses about falling away. Was The Lord talking about the Hebrews falling back into paganism, or Christians falling away?

March 4th, 2016, 12:40 am #119

I am sure others have views. For now it seems that Hebrews 6 groups:

Being Enlightened
Which is tasting the heavenly GIFT
Or tasting the Word of God

Then, as the progressives do, literally spit on the Word, Logos or regulative principle which many at one time believed and taught. They simply have rejected the only cure for a terminal disease.

Souls can be damaged easily and God does not tolerate tampering with His Word in song or sermon. If they do, Paul said that God sends them strong DELUSIONS so they believe their own lies. That makes many religious performances a mind altering cult and getting deprogrammed is a difficult task.

If we see or hear 10% real information our brain FABRICATES the rest or the 90%. If your brain is a terrible eye- or ear- witness it is easy to understood that the Greeks and Scripture insists that you WRITE IT DOWN using words which can be defined. God's teachers are commanded to PREACH the Word by READING the Word: that is the only way you can guard against "spirits of a grosser sort stealing in."

Speakers, poets, musicians or actors were called hypocrites because they would not be performing if they were not acting and this acting is the meaning of witchcraft or sorcery used by people who know how to lie and make you sing and clap and contribute. "Evil men set their lies to melodies to cheat the simple minded" noted the Greeks.

Scripture
Scripture

March 4th, 2016, 4:42 am #120

Sorry to hi-jack thread, but can someone elaborate on these verses about falling away. Was The Lord talking about the Hebrews falling back into paganism, or Christians falling away?
He seems to be speaking of Christians falling away from the faith.

They were persecuted and some denied the faith, or at least were intimidated to discontinue meeting with the church, Hebrews 10:25.

The discussion of not proceeding into the "solid food" of the Word, Hebrews 6 (early verses), was part of the reason. They were still being fed the "milk of the Word."

In other words, it was not the attraction to paganism that explained their falling away, but it was the circumstances of their life in Christ that was the problem--too much persecution, not enough fellowship, not enough solid scriptural teaching.

Churches that try to draw big crowds through celebrity or fancy music might also be shallow in their teaching, leading to a church that eventually falls away.

Teaching is best achieved by fellowship in coming together in the assembly, or assembling together, where they can be fortified in the Word to combat "milky" teaching, and be strong to withstand persecution. For example, Christians must be able to understand that pain and suffering teaches on to be patient, and that in turn assures them that they withstand very difficult situations.