The Gift of A Holy Spirit means A Holy Mind

July 17th, 2011, 11:10 pm #1

The Gif of A Holy Spirit is the gifr OF a holy MIND.

http://www.piney.com/HsMindSp.html

When people say that one of the "gods" is inside of them guiding them to lie, cheat and steal the church houses of widows you can be sure that it is An evil spirit.

The Gift of The Holy Spirit is confiscated by all of the musical change agents even saying that the Holy Spirit (person) guided them into lying about the Bible and stealing the church house of widows so they could perform prophesied Ceremonial Legalism (the laded burden)

http://www.piney.com/The.Gift.Of.The.Holy.Spirit.html

ALEXANDER CAMPBELL:
Essays on the Work of the Holy Spirit, in the Salvation of Men.No. III. Spiritual Gifts.

DAVID the king and prophet foretold that when Messiah the Lord would ascend to his throne, he would bestow gifts upon men. This passage of Psalms, lviii. 18. Paul (Eph. iv. 8.) applies to our Lord. When he ascended he says, "he gave," and by spiritual gifts qualified "some apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers."

Peter also, on the day of Pentecost, ascribed all the stupendous gifts vouchsafed on that day to the Lord Jesus. "Therefore," says he, (Acts ii. 33.) "being exalted by the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, He hath poured out that which you now see and hear." These "distributions of the Holy Spirit,"

as Macknight renders Heb. ii. 4. issued in the perfect
....qualification of apostles with "the word of wisdom;"
....prophets with the "word of knowledge;"
....evangelists with "tongues and miracles;"
....pastors with an immediate possession of all the requisites to feeding the flock,
....and teachers with the means necessary to instructing the novices in all the christian doctrine.

Campbell affirms that the Gift of The Holy Spirit in this sense does not extend beyond the record of the prophets and apostles guided by the Spirit OF Christ.

Because any simple Disciple of Christ knows that they are deliberately leading you into the same Worship of the Stars which was the captivity and death sentence to the Jew, If you don't get it then the message is always: "Eat Drink and be merry" because the destinies have been set.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 24th, 2011, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R*
R*

July 21st, 2011, 6:56 pm #2

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Is Ken saying we can get remission of sins but not the gift of the Holy Ghost?

July 21st, 2011, 7:22 pm #3

Hughes.net lets me down much more often than it lifts me up so I am on the phone line for a short time.

When your sins are remitted YOU have A holy spirit
The same Paul in 1 Peter 3:21 calls it A good conscience, consiousness which means a co-perception of the Word.

Paul in 2 Corinthians 3 said that the Jews could not read black text on brown paper or even HEAR the Word of god which was PREACHED by being read in the synagogue each rest day.

After His change by the Father Jesus of Nazareth returned on the say of Pentecost "and shed forth what you hear and see."

1 John 2 says that the "another Comforter" is Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Alexander Campbell defined it clearly that it is OUR spirit which is UNholy and when sins are remitted we have the gift of A holy spirit. Walter Scott taught the same things.

Dave
Dave

July 22nd, 2011, 2:33 am #4

When people say that one of the "gods" is inside of them guiding them to lie, cheat and steal the church houses of widows you can be sure that it is An evil spirit.

The Gift of The Holy Spirit is confiscated by all of the musical change agents even saying that the Holy Spirit (person) guided them into lying about the Bible and stealing the church house of widows so they could perform prophesied Ceremonial Legalism (the laded burden)

ALEXANDER CAMPBELL:
Essays on the Work of the Holy Spirit, in the Salvation of Men.No. III. Spiritual Gifts.

DAVID the king and prophet foretold that when Messiah the Lord would ascend to his throne, he would bestow gifts upon men. This passage of Psalms, lviii. 18. Paul (Eph. iv. 8.) applies to our Lord. When he ascended he says, "he gave," and by spiritual gifts qualified "some apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers."

Peter also, on the day of Pentecost, ascribed all the stupendous gifts vouchsafed on that day to the Lord Jesus. "Therefore," says he, (Acts ii. 33.) "being exalted by the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, He hath poured out that which you now see and hear." These "distributions of the Holy Spirit,"

....pastors with an immediate possession of all the requisites to feeding the flock,
....and teachers with the means necessary to instructing the novices in all the christian doctrine.

Campbell affirms that the Gift of The Holy Spirit in this sense does not extend beyond the record of the prophets and apostles guided by the Spirit OF Christ.

Because any simple Disciple of Christ knows that they are deliberately leading you into the same Worship of the Stars which was the captivity and death sentence to the Jew, If you don't get it then the message is always: "Eat Drink and be merry" because the destinies have been set.
John 14
9 Jesus answered: Dont you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, Show us the Father? 10 Dont you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

15 If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Notice that in verse 12 Jesus is not talking to Philip any longer but WHOEVER (KJV says "HE" which means ANYONE) Jesus continues talking to ANYONE (HE in the KJV) with the next scriptures

23 Jesus replied, Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

The Holy Spirit is given to ALL men and not just the apostles, but like you say Ken, after a while your eyes are closed to see what is truly there.

July 22nd, 2011, 3:01 am #5

You are correct: just call the Holy Spirit "Jesus Christ.'

The Paraclete is "another" which is of a different sort: Jesus in his Glorified Body returned at Pentecost.

If you look at John 14: 18 Jesus says I will come to you.

The Spirit will return in the NAME of Jesus Christ.

The Same John wrote:

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate [paraklete] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;

That is in His glorified state: Jesus Christ now exists and is alive and well and STILL the head of HIS church just as we will exist when we are"changed" into that holy spiritual state.

The Apostles had the direct guidance of the Spiritual Jesus: this Spirit Lord appeared to Paul and said "I am Jesus of Nazareth." As Paul needed further revelation Jesus said "I will come to you."

We all HAVE A holy spirit after baptism

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart (spirit) in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

We have THE Holy Spirit still the head of the church and still our only teacher when we teach that which HAS BEEN taught. I have no idea exactly how He operates but the NAME of the Holy Spirit is "Jesus Christ the Righteous." He is still the only mediator and Jesus didn't promise Paul that He would send another "person."

July 22nd, 2011, 4:19 am #6

ALEXANDER CAMPBELL:

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."[/color] (Acts 2:38)

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."[/color] (Acts 3:19)

<table bgcolor="#ff9900" border="1"><tr><td>
PARALLEL PASSAGES:
</td><td>
ACTS 2:38
</td><td>
ACTS 3:19
</td></tr><tr><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>
REQUIREMENT:
</td><td>
Repent
</td><td>
Repent
</td></tr><tr><td>
(Conjunction)
</td><td>
and
</td><td>
and
</td></tr><tr><td>
REQUIREMENT:
</td><td>
Be baptized...
</td><td>
Be converted
</td></tr><tr><td>
RESULT:
</td><td>
For [so that, toward, UNTO] the remission of sins
</td><td>
That your sins may be blotted out
</td></tr><tr><td>
RESULT:
</td><td>
And ye shall receive the gift of a holy spirit
</td><td>
When the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord
</td></tr><tr><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>
NOTICE:
</td><td>When sins are remitted, one receives that gift of purity, that spirit of holiness, of being cleansed. [Note: this is a translation issue -- the expression being used to justify reference to the "Holy Spirit" as another "person" in the Godhead.] The word "holy" is an adjective that describes the kind of spirit one has when the new birth is experienced. It is one's spirit that is MADE HOLY. Therefore, the gift referred to here is a spirit that is HOLY.</td><td>When sins are blotted out, the conscience is clear; all guilt is removed. It is "when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord." It is the new birth.</td></tr><tr><td>
NOT TO BE MISTAKEN:
</td><td>
  • It is NOT the "baptism of the Holy Ghost."
    </li>
  • It does not make one a Pentecostal.
    </li>
  • It does not make one charismatic.
    </li>
  • It does not give one power to heal.
    </li>
  • It does not give one the gift of gab (speaking in tongues).
    </li>
  • It does not give one the power to lay hands on others.</li>
</td><td>
  • It is NOT the "baptism of the Holy Ghost."
    </li>
  • It does not make one a Pentecostal.
    </li>
  • It does not make one charismatic.
    </li>
  • It does not give one power to heal.
    </li>
  • It does not give one the gift of gab (speaking in tongues).
    </li>
  • It does not give one the power to lay hands on others.</li>
</td></tr></table>

July 22nd, 2011, 5:57 pm #7

It certainly helps if one has A holy spirit and is able to read the text, define the words and look at parallel passages.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

R*
R*

July 24th, 2011, 2:21 pm #8

Why change the Word? I have not found a translation yet that says "gift of a holy spirt". Are they all wrong?

July 24th, 2011, 4:08 pm #9

Hear are jsut a few of Paul's use of parallelism which, as Peter Warned, is intended for word twisters who have no need to know and therefore do not have A good conscience, consciousness or a co-perception. Paraphrasing Paul the ability to read black text on white paper. I can remember the day--several decades ago--when I received A holy spirit: it was when I could see:

Speaking to yourselves in that which is written for our learning

Did NOT say as in Phd101a:

Singing to yourselves with Fanny Crosby (makes you a female) or Twila Paris (makes you a heretic).

I do certify that there are only a few people and no The-O-Lite who can see beyond the veil.

Paul almost always does "double-talk" He says THIS IS WHAT I MEAN, but this is NOT what I mean. And he uses other words so that we don't think that we have a little person INSIDE of use Guiding us beyond the sacred pages to lie, cheat and steal the church houses of widows as Scribes and Pharisees (I mean) hypocrites (I mean) preachers, singers and instrument players (Ezek 33).

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

July 24th, 2011, 5:56 pm #10

Why change the Word? I have not found a translation yet that says "gift of a holy spirt". Are they all wrong?
R* shouldn't worry too much about one little article ("a" vs. "the") when denominationalists passively change the Word by manifesting an attitude of "God didn't say not to use instrumental music in the assembly." That premise cannot be found anywhere in the New Testament. So R* wants to quibble about one little article?