The Gender-Neutral Movement Sara Barton Sex talk in class

Dave
Dave

December 21st, 2016, 6:12 pm #41

Donnie, like a true democrat, taking something innocent to make a statement with anything.

Tolerance, right Donnie?

Deny it til the Lord comes again, but John 1:1 states without any doubt......The Word becoming Jesus in the flesh....IS God!

He doesn't have to explain to you, me, or anyone else how He did it.

December 21st, 2016, 7:26 pm #42

Good Article.

The Gender-Neutral Movement: What Does The Bible Say?

Written by: Wally Peterson Worldview 8 Comments Print This Article Print This Article
Image source:

Man, oh man.

Sorry, was that a gender-biased way to start this column?

Oh boy.

Well, I just did it again.

Is there anything inherently wrong with saying something that uses a word for one gender but not another? It seems pretty silly, really, but that’s essentially what started the misnomered “feminism.” It all began back in the 1970s when common sense ideas got out of hand. The real message was and is that somehow men and women aren’t really meant to play out the gender roles that our Creator established for us.

The feminist movement laid the foundation for every other gender-based “civil rights” movement that has come since, including all of the current issues about LGBT rights, same-sex marriage, and even small fringe (so far) movements to legalize polygamy or ban marriage altogether.

Earlier this month the editor-in-chief of the Kentucky Kernel urged the University of Kentucky to change all campus bathrooms into gender-neutral facilities. We’re all grown-ups, his argument essentially went, so having a bowel movement in the same room as someone of the opposite sex isn’t a big deal.

This misguided gentleman isn’t alone voice. He’s the latest echo of a growing movement to require gender-neutral bathrooms in every public space (and some private one). New York is considering legislation that would require businesses to offer gender-neutral bathrooms. If you live in Seattle, you may know that all public single-stall bathrooms must now be gender neutral.

And the University of Tennessee’s Pride Center is urging all students to stop using pronouns such as “his” and “her.” Instead, we are to use “ze.”

So are these changes bad? Should we all just “grow up” and get over it?

What does God say about it? Well, one of the first things He said about anything at all was this: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them” (Genesis 1:27). He then called His creation “very good.”

On the gender-neutral (or all-gender) bathroom situation, most of them apply only to single-stall bathrooms. That means only one person can be in them at a time anyway, like a port-a-potty. That’s not really a big deal.

This, though, is the problem: These individual incidents and issues in and of themselves really are a little trivial. However, taken as a whole the big picture is clear: Gender roles are being diminished and eliminated, slowly and steadily. That’s why Franklin Graham came out against Target dropping its grouping of toys by gender. Quoting Matthew 19:4, Graham quoted Jesus, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female.”

It’s not about girls playing with trucks. It’s about the order set up by God when He created the world and how He intended us to manage it until Jesus returns. Men and women were created different and are different. God made us male and female, and, to quote the Bible, it was “very good.”

This is the stickiest of subjects in our modern times, but we each must decide whether the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God or not. If so, then two set genders are clearly established.

Gender neutrality is definitely and clearly in opposition to a biblical worldview. These small steps are part of a very large and slippery slope that we are already sliding down. We can’t get caught up in the trees, or we’ll be forever lost in the forest.

Comments Welcome

Dave, I keep telling you that reading black text on white paper is not remotely possible for those OF the World (ecumenical) and not part of the Little Flock of lost lambs Jesus came to rescue.

People have a low view of God to decide that His sum total is what He BREATHS and what He SPEAKS.

First, we told you that the first creation was destroyed by WATER: God sent Jesus as Messiah of the SPERM of Abraham for the new creation. Beginning is Arche and can mean time but also is the ARCH or that which holds up the structure as foundation.

Nextly, we have told you for 15 years but you want to keep people blind. The WORD or LOGOS is an attribute of God and Word means wordS or what you speak. An attribute of God for we simple minded is MIND: God thinks and he BREATHES which is ARTICULATED with words which have power. Jesus said that He DID NOT originate any of the WORDS which He Spoke. In the same way God is REFLECTED as LIGHT in the face of Jesus. God said that He was neither a Man nor the Son of man. Jesus said that SPIRIT does not have flesh and bones: Jesus had flesh and bones. We cannot see unless the light of the sun is REFLECTED off something which is NOT the sun.

In the beginning is that of the New Creation reserved FOR fire for most and reserved FROM fire from those always marked by music or other hypocritic performance.

God sent His Word or DABAR through Moses and the prophets but Moses was not God but only God's instrumental means. Psalm 33 used by the instrumentalists who claim that A spirit told them to mock Jesus cannot even be grasped by those not OF truth or OF faith.

<font face="arial" size="4">Those who say that Jesus as the VOCAL articulator of God's BREATH do not grasp that the Word or Logos IS the Regulative Principle which they debunk and then make a profession out of being ANTI-Logos'

<font face="arial" size="4">God as WORD and SPIRIT which could be spoken and written:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.

The Apostles SPOKE that same WORD but they were not the TOTAL Almighty.

1John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God IS LIGHT, and in him is no darkness at all

JESUS SAID:

John 12:46 I am come a LIGHT into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

We have noted that there are MANY gods in the world as whatever or whomever you give your attention to:

2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this WORLD hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious GOSPEL of Christ, who is the IMAGE of God, should SHINE unto them.

When the "progressive apostates" say god or "a" spirit told them to deliberately sow discord and rob your "temples" they are correct. The personified "spirit" is Apollon and he appears as the leader of the "muses." They boast about teaching a "christiian" World view" but the only "god" of their world, Kosmos or the ecumenical is the Devil. He is marked or identified along with his sons is this:

Jesus SPEAKS what He has seen with His Father.
The sons of the Devil DO that which they have seen with their father.
We can articulate the WORD or we can SHINE as lights but we are not gods (whatever your leader tells you)

Phil. 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons OF God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

How are the sons OF God identified?

Phil. 2:16 Holding forth the WORD of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Holding forth the WORD (which IS Spirit and Life) is the "worship" concept: to pay attention to: — give (take) heed unto, hold forth, mark, stay.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my WORD, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 8:32 And ye shall know the TRUTH, and the truth shall make you free.
John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my WORD hath no place in you.
John 8:38 I SPEAK that which I have seen with my Father: and ye DO that which ye have seen with your father.

The "progressives" stop SPEAKING that which is written and keep everyone busy all week DOING what they "inspire."

Do [poieo] or in Latin is Facio perform, accomplish, prepare, produce, bring to pass, cause, effect, create, commit, perpetrate, form, fashion “audientiam orationi, “clamores,” to make, raise, “commercium sermonis, “controversiam,” to occasion, “poëma,” to compose, id. Pis. 29, 70: “carmina,” Juv. 7, 28: “versus,” id. 7, 38: “sermonem,” Cic. Fam. 9, 8, 1; cf. “litteram,” id. Ac. 2, 2, 6: ludos, to celebrate, exhibit “per me (sc. Apollinem) concordant carmina nervis,”

If they do not "Speak that which is written for our learning" then they are not holding forth the WORD of LIFE. If they sell themselves as religious performers engaged in DOING then they are the sons of the Devil.

</font></font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 22nd, 2016, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

December 21st, 2016, 11:51 pm #43

Donnie, like a true democrat, taking something innocent to make a statement with anything.

Tolerance, right Donnie?

Deny it til the Lord comes again, but John 1:1 states without any doubt......The Word becoming Jesus in the flesh....IS God!

Well, it looks like we're back to the ole schoolyard pattern:

"Jesus is God!"
"No He ain't!"
"Yes He is!"
"No He ain't!"
"Yes He us!"
"No He ain't!"
"Is!"
"Ain't!"
"Is!"
"Ain't!"
"I've got better things to do than keep this up!"
"I won! I won! I beat you! I'm right and you're wrong! Ya ya-ya ya ya!!"

December 22nd, 2016, 12:39 am #44

The Scriptures win, Bill and his LU mentors are the losers.

1Tim. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Tim. 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and one mediator between God and men,
.....the MAN Christ Jesus;
1Tim. 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1Tim. 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle,
.....(I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
</font>

Bill
Bill

December 22nd, 2016, 12:54 am #45

That's Ken's way of saying, "I won! I won! I beat you! I'm right and you're wrong! Ya ya-ya ya ya!!" As I said, schoolyard pattern. Merry Christmas anyway, Ken.

December 22nd, 2016, 1:53 am #46

Nope, Ken has nothing to say.

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not;
.....but for blasphemy;
.....and because that thou, being a MAN,
.....makest thyself God
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
John 10:35 If he called them gods,

Psa. 82:6 ¶ I have said, Ye are gods [elohim]; and all of you are children of the most High. [elyown]
Psa. 82:7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

.....unto whom the word of God came,
.....and the scripture cannot be broken;
John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world,
.....Thou blasphemest;
.....because I said, I am the SON OF GOD
John 10:37 If I do not the works of MY Father, believe me not.
John 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works:
.....that ye may know, and believe,
.....that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Not INSIDE OF BUT En=instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 or INSIDE and 1537 or OUTSIDE OF);

They said that Jesus was a MAN which He did not dispute. They said that He MADE HIMSELF God.
Jesus refuted them and said that He was the SON OF GOD.

Gal. 3:26 For ye are ALL the children [huios or Son] of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal. 3:27 For [enim What I mean is that] as many of you
as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Being sons of God does not make us the FATHER God.

We are not INSIDE of Jesus nor do we WEAR Jesus as a garment. Remember that truth was always hidden in parables (plain sight) to HIDE truth from the Wise or Sophists meaning rhetoricians, singers, musicians, actors for hire.</font>

Dave
Dave

December 23rd, 2016, 2:36 am #47

The Scriptures win, Bill and his LU mentors are the losers.

1Tim. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Tim. 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
.....the MAN Christ Jesus;
1Tim. 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1Tim. 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle,
.....(I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
</font>
John 8:58
"Truly, truly, I tell you," Jesus declared, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.'"

Why did both claim to be I AM? THEY ARE BOTH GOD

Who else can make this claim? NONE

Who can claim to be CREATOR of all? God and Jesus

John 1
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Ken, Donnie....you simply can't circumvent the Word. Not possible.

December 23rd, 2016, 5:00 am #48

Good Article.

The Gender-Neutral Movement: What Does The Bible Say?

Written by: Wally Peterson Worldview 8 Comments Print This Article Print This Article
Image source:

Man, oh man.

Sorry, was that a gender-biased way to start this column?

Oh boy.

Well, I just did it again.

Is there anything inherently wrong with saying something that uses a word for one gender but not another? It seems pretty silly, really, but that’s essentially what started the misnomered “feminism.” It all began back in the 1970s when common sense ideas got out of hand. The real message was and is that somehow men and women aren’t really meant to play out the gender roles that our Creator established for us.

The feminist movement laid the foundation for every other gender-based “civil rights” movement that has come since, including all of the current issues about LGBT rights, same-sex marriage, and even small fringe (so far) movements to legalize polygamy or ban marriage altogether.

Earlier this month the editor-in-chief of the Kentucky Kernel urged the University of Kentucky to change all campus bathrooms into gender-neutral facilities. We’re all grown-ups, his argument essentially went, so having a bowel movement in the same room as someone of the opposite sex isn’t a big deal.

This misguided gentleman isn’t alone voice. He’s the latest echo of a growing movement to require gender-neutral bathrooms in every public space (and some private one). New York is considering legislation that would require businesses to offer gender-neutral bathrooms. If you live in Seattle, you may know that all public single-stall bathrooms must now be gender neutral.

And the University of Tennessee’s Pride Center is urging all students to stop using pronouns such as “his” and “her.” Instead, we are to use “ze.”

So are these changes bad? Should we all just “grow up” and get over it?

What does God say about it? Well, one of the first things He said about anything at all was this: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them” (Genesis 1:27). He then called His creation “very good.”

On the gender-neutral (or all-gender) bathroom situation, most of them apply only to single-stall bathrooms. That means only one person can be in them at a time anyway, like a port-a-potty. That’s not really a big deal.

This, though, is the problem: These individual incidents and issues in and of themselves really are a little trivial. However, taken as a whole the big picture is clear: Gender roles are being diminished and eliminated, slowly and steadily. That’s why Franklin Graham came out against Target dropping its grouping of toys by gender. Quoting Matthew 19:4, Graham quoted Jesus, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female.”

It’s not about girls playing with trucks. It’s about the order set up by God when He created the world and how He intended us to manage it until Jesus returns. Men and women were created different and are different. God made us male and female, and, to quote the Bible, it was “very good.”

This is the stickiest of subjects in our modern times, but we each must decide whether the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God or not. If so, then two set genders are clearly established.

Gender neutrality is definitely and clearly in opposition to a biblical worldview. These small steps are part of a very large and slippery slope that we are already sliding down. We can’t get caught up in the trees, or we’ll be forever lost in the forest.

Comments Welcome

Dave said earlier:
He Did it Because He Wanted to (December 21 2016, 1:12 PM)

Tolerance, right Donnie?

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

1. Who did what? Is "He" God only? Is "He" Jesus only? Or should it be "they" -- BOTH [1] God the Father of Jesus AND [2] Jesus the Son of God the Father?

2. Who did "it"? Is "it" to you in reference to the "birth"? Did Mary give birth to God the Father? Or, did Mary give birth to Jesus the Son of God?

3. Donnie is a conservative. Conservative in politics. Conservative in doctrinal matters like the church of Christ and the Restoration Movement leaders until the liberals and progressives came along -- and they [the liberals and progressives] have introduced denominational doctrines (the Trinity, "musical" worship, salvation by grace or faith only) and "religious" practices like Christmas, Halloween, Easter and Lent, Valentine's Day, etc.)

4. Yes, tolerance -- so many of you have been allowed to post doctrines and teachings not found in the New Testament. But just be sure to claim them as your own or acquired from others.

5. There are some 43 New Testament (none from the O.T.) references to Jesus as "the Son of God." There are some 88 New Testament references of Jesus as "the Son of man." A serious Bible student, who should know that the Scripture does not contradict itself, should know that John 1:1 with the proper translation does not contradict 131 references to Jesus as "the Son of God," not as "God."

The only true God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ are RELATED BUT NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!!!! Please read John 14-17.

6. You're correct: the 131 references and many, many other passages are self-explanatory.[/color]

December 23rd, 2016, 5:00 am #49

"Truly, truly, I tell you," Jesus declared, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Exodus 3
14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.'"

Why did both claim to be I AM? THEY ARE BOTH GOD

Who else can make this claim? NONE

Who can claim to be CREATOR of all? God and Jesus

John 1
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Ken, Donnie....you simply can't circumvent the Word. Not possible.
Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Jesus did not exist before Eve???

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing:
it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him:
and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you:
but I know him, and keep his saying.

Jesus didn't exist as the SEED of Abraham before Abraham rejoiced to see the fulfillment.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

eidon 4.to see mentally, idesthai en phresin "to see in his mind's eye,

Luke 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
Matt. 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Dave
Dave

December 30th, 2016, 5:59 pm #50

Dave said earlier:
He Did it Because He Wanted to (December 21 2016, 1:12 PM)

Tolerance, right Donnie?

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

1. Who did what? Is "He" God only? Is "He" Jesus only? Or should it be "they" -- BOTH [1] God the Father of Jesus AND [2] Jesus the Son of God the Father?

2. Who did "it"? Is "it" to you in reference to the "birth"? Did Mary give birth to God the Father? Or, did Mary give birth to Jesus the Son of God?

3. Donnie is a conservative. Conservative in politics. Conservative in doctrinal matters like the church of Christ and the Restoration Movement leaders until the liberals and progressives came along -- and they [the liberals and progressives] have introduced denominational doctrines (the Trinity, "musical" worship, salvation by grace or faith only) and "religious" practices like Christmas, Halloween, Easter and Lent, Valentine's Day, etc.)

4. Yes, tolerance -- so many of you have been allowed to post doctrines and teachings not found in the New Testament. But just be sure to claim them as your own or acquired from others.

5. There are some 43 New Testament (none from the O.T.) references to Jesus as "the Son of God." There are some 88 New Testament references of Jesus as "the Son of man." A serious Bible student, who should know that the Scripture does not contradict itself, should know that John 1:1 with the proper translation does not contradict 131 references to Jesus as "the Son of God," not as "God."

The only true God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ are RELATED BUT NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!!!! Please read John 14-17.

6. You're correct: the 131 references and many, many other passages are self-explanatory.[/color]
Donnie, you are always asking for answers from anyone.
See if you play fair or show your true colors.

Answer this.....
1-Who are the only ONES to claim the title of "I AM?" (I realize that in the NT the claimant doesn't use the same grammar/verbiage, but still the same all the while)
2-How/Why were they both able to make this claim of being "I AM?"
3-Who is the "I AM?"
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.