The Christian Comedian...Seriously?

Bill
Bill

October 25th, 2014, 3:35 pm #1

Apparently one of the gimmicks some modern churches use today to keep Christians "interested" is the so-called "Christian comedian." S/he's the person who tells jokes and amusing anecdotes just like a regular stand-up comedian, only the butt of those jokes is Christianity. Now these jokes are designed to put a light spin on Christianity so that it will be more pleasing and palatable to the masses. If people can get a good laugh out of praise and worship, if they can see Christianity as anything but "serious," they can stomach going to church.

Here's a link to one such "Christian comedian." His subject is hand-raising in worship. Judge for yourself.

http://m.godvine.com/Awesome-Worship-Ad ... -3798.html

Cosby Christian
Cosby Christian

October 25th, 2014, 10:30 pm #2

Bill lighten up bro ...this isn't even inside of a church or a service. But even if it was big deal. Laugh a little

Bill
Bill

October 26th, 2014, 2:49 am #3

Apparently Cosby Christian (CC) approves of making Christian worship the butt of jokes and humor, whether those jokes occur in or out of the worship assembly. Sadly, that's the typical mindset of today's worldly minded, "progressive Christians."

I don't believe that CC will find anything recorded in the New Testament where Jesus ever made light of His mission on earth; that is, Jesus was never a stand-up comedian. Therefore, I would encourage CC and all Christians to take worship, the Gospel, and all of Christianity most seriously. Leave the jokes for those who don't give a rip about Christianity.

October 26th, 2014, 3:33 am #4

Apparently one of the gimmicks some modern churches use today to keep Christians "interested" is the so-called "Christian comedian." S/he's the person who tells jokes and amusing anecdotes just like a regular stand-up comedian, only the butt of those jokes is Christianity. Now these jokes are designed to put a light spin on Christianity so that it will be more pleasing and palatable to the masses. If people can get a good laugh out of praise and worship, if they can see Christianity as anything but "serious," they can stomach going to church.

Here's a link to one such "Christian comedian." His subject is hand-raising in worship. Judge for yourself.

http://m.godvine.com/Awesome-Worship-Ad ... -3798.html
All of he "progressive" always have a Minister of Buffoonery as a Way for your Escape. When God pours out punishment He also sends a swarm of musical performers which makes up to 2/3 of the straight shooters flee from their "investment" with the Lord. If they don't make the hair stand up on the back of your neck then you cannot blush and are ONE OF THEM. Jeff Walling is a new member of the Pepperdine COHORT and he was first EMERGED at Winterfest to "teach your youth to leave your movement" using lies and blasphemy.

http://www.piney.com/Jeff.Walling.and.T ... Today.html

Rick Atchley the head Buffoon in his stunning outfit with sweater vest holds a jubilating meeting debating the law of silence using three empty chairs. If that is not a Danger Will Robinson then don't expect any stronger.

Be careful there is a flock of vipers [winding, deceiving, spreading fire with music) in your congregation. Performance singers or players are also MOCKING you claiming that you need someone to lead you into the presence of God and pay them too.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 26th, 2014, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Tom

October 26th, 2014, 1:58 pm #5

Crump has too much time on his hands again.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 26th, 2014, 7:12 pm #6

Apparently Cosby Christian (CC) approves of making Christian worship the butt of jokes and humor, whether those jokes occur in or out of the worship assembly. Sadly, that's the typical mindset of today's worldly minded, "progressive Christians."

I don't believe that CC will find anything recorded in the New Testament where Jesus ever made light of His mission on earth; that is, Jesus was never a stand-up comedian. Therefore, I would encourage CC and all Christians to take worship, the Gospel, and all of Christianity most seriously. Leave the jokes for those who don't give a rip about Christianity.
Bill is so right...you will never find Scripture speaking of where Jesus made light of anything. It doesn't say anywhere in the Scriptures where there will be any laughter in heaven. Alas, though, if he believes that there will not be any such laughter, then heaven will be a huge disappointment to him......and many others like him.

======================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]ID of above post: Dave Fields[/color]
Last edited by madisonchurchofchrist on October 27th, 2014, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

October 26th, 2014, 9:21 pm #7

Crump has too much time on his hands again.
As I said, Jesus was never a "Christian comedian." He never had time on HIS hands to ridicule the Gospel and worship. Why should we?

Bill
Bill

October 27th, 2014, 1:33 am #8

Bill is so right...you will never find Scripture speaking of where Jesus made light of anything. It doesn't say anywhere in the Scriptures where there will be any laughter in heaven. Alas, though, if he believes that there will not be any such laughter, then heaven will be a huge disappointment to him......and many others like him.

======================

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]ID of above post: Dave Fields[/color]
There is a vast difference between laughter of joy and laughter of mockery. The New Testament describes heaven as a place where there will be no more woes and troubles of the world (Rev. 21:4). Thus, heaven is total joy. On the other hand, "Christian comedians" use humor to trivialize and mock Christianity to evoke laughter. Christians should find no delight in humor that mocks their faith.

Justice
Justice

October 27th, 2014, 11:46 pm #9

As I said, Jesus was never a "Christian comedian." He never had time on HIS hands to ridicule the Gospel and worship. Why should we?
Bill, I kinda understand where you are coming from. I find it very offensive when someone makes fun of God's GRACE.

Justice
Justice

October 28th, 2014, 11:47 am #10

Bill lighten up bro ...this isn't even inside of a church or a service. But even if it was big deal. Laugh a little
No Excuse Sunday

To make it possible for everyone to attend church this Sunday, we are going to have a special "No Excuse Sunday":

Cots will be placed in the foyer for those who say, "Sunday is my only day to sleep in."

There will be a special section with lounge chairs for those who feel that our pews are too hard.

Eye drops will be available for those with tired eyes from watching TV late Saturday night.

We will have steel helmets for those who say, "The roof would cave in if I ever came to church."

Blankets will be furnished for those who think the church is too cold, and fans for those who say it is too hot.

Scorecards will be available for those who wish to list the hypocrites present.

Relatives and friends will be in attendance for those who can't go to church and cook dinner, too.

We will distribute "Stamp Out Stewardship" buttons for those that feel the church is always asking for money.

One section will be devoted to trees and grass for those who like to seek God in nature.

Doctors and nurses will be in attendance for those who plan to be sick on Sunday.

The sanctuary will be decorated with both Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies for those who never have seen the church without them.

We will provide hearing aids for those who can't hear the preacher and cotton wool for those who think he's too loud!

Author is Unknown