Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 20th, 2010, 4:55 pm #21

Donnie, so now you believe that a Buddhist can have a correct heart to worship God?

You said..."Who could be more sincere or do worship more from the heart than devout Roman Catholics? Buddhists? Shintoists? Mohammedans? Jehovah's Witnesses?

I knew you were out there with some of your beliefs, but like you said...WOW!!!
Many people are "sincere" in their worship, but they are sincerely wrong.

Devout Roman Catholics, Buddhists, Shintoists, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, and people from a host of other denominations and faiths are "sincere" in their beliefs, but they are sincerely WRONG. They are wrong because they do not faithfully follow Christ's teachings in the New Testament.

Just because people are "sincere" does not make their worship acceptable.

Although Hilter was "sincere" about his actions, did his sincerity make his actions acceptable?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 20th, 2010, 5:19 pm #22

I mentioned sincerity from a Christian standpoint. YOU however, mentioned the Buddhist.
That was a direct quote from you Donnie.

Singing and playing doesn't mix in worship in YOUR MIND Donnie....just because you don't like the playing.

You don't like the playing to accompany the voice, but you do like the PA to accompany the voice.
Neither the playing nor the PA are authorized. What you have defined is PREFERENCE Donnie.

William....help me out here. Is the neither good with the nor??? Since we use neither and nor, could it thus be in singular form and thus we should use 'are' or 'is?'
I'm surprised Dave would solicit my "help," since he doesn't believe me when I tell him that "well-worded" is a legitimate word, that it is not imaginary. BTW, every word in the English language has been "made up"; man devises all words to facilitate communication.

Now to business. When two singular subjects are connected by "nor" and preceded by "neither," use a singular verb. Thus, Dave's sentence of, "Neither the playing nor the PA are authorized" should read, "Neither the playing nor the PA is authorized."

Reference: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/wh ... e-nor.aspx

Roncar
Roncar

December 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm #23

Dr. Crump, if I understand you correctly, solo singers and amplified singers are acceptable?
Dr. Crump, perhaps skilled singers mimicking instruments of music are also allowed as part of the harmony? Dust off the organ, you are almost there.

Dave
Dave

December 20th, 2010, 9:06 pm #24

Many people are "sincere" in their worship, but they are sincerely wrong.

Devout Roman Catholics, Buddhists, Shintoists, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, and people from a host of other denominations and faiths are "sincere" in their beliefs, but they are sincerely WRONG. They are wrong because they do not faithfully follow Christ's teachings in the New Testament.

Just because people are "sincere" does not make their worship acceptable.

Although Hilter was "sincere" about his actions, did his sincerity make his actions acceptable?
NOW if there ever was a show of a twisted mind William Crump.....you just exhibited it. How can you analyze sincerity from religion to that of Hitler? The only religion Hitler knew was himself.
Get some rest for the holiday season William. You need it!

AM
AM

December 20th, 2010, 10:44 pm #25

William Crump said...."However, instrumental music DOES clash with God's existing command to sing and make melody in the heart."

In all of his meanderings he has never explained why instrumental music clashes with the command to sing.

If you play an instrument (piano, guitar, sakbut for Donnie), AND sing along with the playing how does that clash with the command to sing?

It does NOT!!! We aren't commanded to play, as has been suggested. We aren't commanded to use the PA system either. We play.....we use the PA system.....to AID the singing.
All in HARMONY to keep our worship ORDERLY.
See guys, it is really not that hard to understand....unless you have hangups with traditions.
Right?
Nothing is more traditional than a paid preacher. Could we not get return to living by faith and have the men of God lead us, not just the next guy on the payroll? Is buying nice musical instruments for the hungry and those in need of the love of God, an idea of the new tradition that we need to embrace in your opinion? Do you view any act that Jesus made, a start to a new way of living or were they just the the beginning of traditions that you choose to mock? What is it with this new uncaring and unloving church of Christ? And dave considers it good!

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 21st, 2010, 1:33 am #26

NOW if there ever was a show of a twisted mind William Crump.....you just exhibited it. How can you analyze sincerity from religion to that of Hitler? The only religion Hitler knew was himself.
Get some rest for the holiday season William. You need it!
Sincerity is not limited to religion or to any one thing in particular. Just as denominationalists are "sincere" in their faith (though they are sincerely wrong), so was Hitler "sincere" in his belief in the occult (though he also was sincerely wrong).

Dave would be more credible if he ever learned to exclude extraneous, derogatory expressions such as "twisted mind" and "You are immature" from his posts. A person like Dave evidently feels insecure in his faith, because he perpetually smears those with whom he disagrees to bolster his self-esteem and ego.

Dave
Dave

December 21st, 2010, 2:41 am #27

William Crump, forget the rest for the holiday, perhaps you could hibernate like a bear....like all winter long?
Just a thought....

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 21st, 2010, 3:43 am #28

A person like Dave evidently feels insecure (in his faith or whatever), because he perpetually smears those with whom he disagrees to bolster his self-esteem and ego.

Dave
Dave

December 21st, 2010, 5:00 am #29

Is it as bad as your slanderous reviling insult of telling someone they are full of H.A.A.H. (hot air and halitosis)?
If nothing else, it certainly defines you as the perfect hypocrite.
William Crump, you don't even have to choose.....you can claim both hypocrite and insecure as describing adjectives.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

December 21st, 2010, 4:27 pm #30

Just hadn't heard it in a while, and just wanted you to know that of following Jesus, the Mightiest Change Agent of all........WE'RE HERE!!!
Dave, your frequent reference to "HAAH" indicates that you have chosen to let such a bit of comedy get under your skin. You also have chosen to milk everything you can from it by playing the exaggerated role of the "suffering martyr" (while smearing everyone who disagrees with you). You are more mature than that, are you not?

Should you continue in this fashion, Dave, you will allow "HAAH" to ruin your Christmas holiday. You don't want that, I'm sure.

So, here's a bit of advice: Simply get over it and enjoy life for a change.