Donnie Cruz
Donnie Cruz

April 29th, 2006, 9:39 pm #11

There is something wrong, something very wrong. There needs to be a change, a big change.

There is this body, this body of believers. This body all believes in the same God. This body believes in the same Savior. Everyone in this body gains the same salvation. Everyone in this body receives the same grace. Everyone in this body is covered by the same blood. Everyone in this body is destined to go to the same place.

Yet, this body is divided, very divided. This body is full of people who think they are always right. This body is full of people that are concentrated on the wrong things. This body is full of people who try to tear each other apart instead of build each other up. This body is full of people that do not accept each other. This believed body of love and unity is sometimes a body of hatred and division.

Is not this body of unity supposed to love each other? Is not this body of unity supposed care for each other? Is not this body of unity supposed to accept each other and its differences? Is not this body of unity supposed to present the lost world with hope? How can this body successfully do these things when it is hurting itself with division and hatred?

WE, AS THE BODY OF CHRIST, ALL BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD. WE ALL HAVE HOPE IN THE SAME SAVIOR. WE SOMETIMES HAVE DIFFERENT PREFERENCES, BUT WE ALL STILL LOVE OUR SAME GOD. WE NEED TO LAY ASIDE OUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES WHICH HAVE BEEN SHAPED AND MOLDED INTO RULES. BAPTIST, METHODIST, CHURCH OF CHRIST, PRESBYTIRIAN, NAZARENE, AND WHOEVEVER BELIEVES IN THE RISEN SAVIOR, WE ARE ALL A PART OF SAME BODY, THE BODY OF CHRIST. WE ARE BROTHERS, AND WE ARE SISTERS. WE ARE CHRISTIANS. WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE TOGETHER UNIFIED IN HEAVEN FOR ETERNITY. WE NEED TO LOVE EACH OTHER. WE NEED TO ACCEPT EACH OTHER. WE NEED TO CUT THE TENSION AND COME TOGETHER. WE NEED TO BE THE BODY OF CHRIST WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

"I am the way and the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 Jesus is the only way. Our demonation of church does not determine our salvation. Only our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord. Jesus is the way. He is the truth. He is the light. We can be saved by nothing else.
<font color=indigo size=3 face=times new roman>This is a compiled short list of denominations [so far only] from the Catholic [hmmm, surprised at their divisions?], Orthodox, Lutheran and Reformed Churches.

For those who call for unity with various denominations which claim to be “Christian,” which of these religious bodies would you consider being united with? If not all, which ones would you object to being united with the “body of Christ”?
  • Armenian Catholic Church
  • Byzantine Catholic Church
  • Chaldean Catholic Church
  • Coptic Catholic Church
  • Greek Catholic Church
  • Italo-Albanian Catholic Church
  • Latin Church
  • Maronite Catholic Church
  • Melkite Catholic Church
  • Ruthenian Catholic Church
  • Serbian Catholic Church
  • Syro-Malabar Catholic Church
  • Syro-Malankara Catholic Church
  • Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church
  • American Catholic Church in the United States
  • Ancient Apostolic Communion
  • Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church
  • Catholic Apostolic National Church
  • Catholic Apostolic Church
  • Catholic Apostolic Church in North America (CACINA)
  • Catholic Life Church
  • Celtic Catholic Church
  • Charismatic Episcopal Church
  • Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association
  • Christ Catholic Church
  • Free Catholic Church
  • Liberal Catholic Church
  • Mariavite Church
  • North American Old Catholic Church
  • Old Catholic Church
  • Palmarian Catholic Church
  • Philippine Independent Church
  • Polish National Catholic Church
  • Sedevacantism
  • True Catholic Church
  • Assyrian Church of the East
  • Armenian Apostolic Church
  • Coptic Orthodox Church
  • Eritrean Orthodox Church
  • Orthodox Church of Constantinople
  • Orthodox Church of Alexandria
  • Antiochian Orthodox Church
  • Orthodox Church of Jerusalem
  • Orthodox Church in America
  • Greek Old Calendarists
  • Macedonian Orthodox Church
  • Russian Old Believers
  • Western Orthodox Church in America (WOCA)
  • Utraquists (Hussites)
  • Taborites (Hussites)
  • Moravians (Hussites)
  • Unity of the Brethren (Hussites)
  • Lollards
  • Waldensians
  • American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC)
  • Apostolic Lutheran Church of America
  • Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
  • Church of the Lutheran Brethren of America
  • Church of the Lutheran Confession
  • Concordia Lutheran Conference
  • Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference
  • All Saints Lutheran Church
  • Christ the King Lutheran
  • Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Church
  • Evangelical Lutheran Church "Concord"
  • Confessional Lutheran Church
  • Evangelical Lutheran Confessional Church
  • Evangelical Lutheran Free Church
  • Evangelical Lutheran Synod
  • Lutheran Confessional Church
  • Lutheran Evangelical Christian Church
  • Evangelical Catholic Church
  • International Lutheran Council
  • Christian Evangelical Lutheran Church
  • Evangelical Lutheran Church
  • Free Evangelical Lutheran Synod
  • Gutnius Lutheran Church
  • Independent Evangelical—Lutheran Church
  • Laestadian Lutheran Church
  • Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ - USA
  • Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
  • Lutheran Ministerium and Synod - USA
  • Lutheran World Federation
  • Christian Lutheran Church
  • Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession
  • Evangelical Church of the Lutheran Confession
  • Evangelical Lutheran Free Church
  • Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
  • Lutheran Church of Faith and Hope
  • United Evangelical Lutheran Church
  • Evangelical Covenant Church (Swedish Covenant)
  • Evangelical Free Church (E V Free)
  • Baptist General Conference (Swedish Baptist)
  • Congregational Federation of Australia
  • Canadian and American Reformed Churches
  • Christian Reformed Church in North America
  • Christian Reformed Churches
  • Church of Lippe
  • Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches
  • Dutch Reformed Church
  • Evangelical Reformed Church
  • Federation of Swiss Protestant Churches
  • Federation of Reformed Churches
  • Free Reformed Churches of North America
  • Heritage Reformed Congregations
  • Orthodox Christian Reformed Church
  • Protestant Reformed Churches in America
  • Reformed Christian Church
  • Reformed Church
  • Remonstrant Brotherhood
  • United Church of Christ
  • United Reformed Church
  • United Reformed Churches in North America
We haven’t even listed the other hundreds of denominations from the Presbyterian Churches, Mormons, Anabaptists, Brethren, Baptists, Charismatics, Friends (Quakers), Methodists, Holiness Churches, Pentecostalism, Oneness Pentecostalism, Neo-Charismatic Churches, Anglican/Episcopalian, Apostolic Churches, Sabbath-Keeping Christian Churches, etc.

Please let me know if we should continue with the list … in order to illustrate the salient point that the New Testament speaks of only one body of Christ.

Donnie</font>

TheMaskedMusicator
TheMaskedMusicator

April 30th, 2006, 5:21 am #12

You forgot, the church I am a member of, the church Christ died for, autonomous, and non-denominational, the true ekklesia of Jesus.

Donnie Cruz
Donnie Cruz

April 30th, 2006, 12:30 pm #13

<font color=indigo size=3 face=times new roman>MaskedMusicator,

No, I did not forget—it was intentional for the following reason:

I agree with you that the church for which Christ died is congregationally autonomous, non-denominational, the kingdom prophesied in the Old Testament, the kingdom spoken of in Matt. 16:18-19 (when Christ said to Peter, “I will build my church … and give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven”). Remember the fulfillment of the prophecy in Acts 1-2, when Peter preached in Jerusalem to those that heard and believed, “Repent and be baptized so that your sins will be forgiven (blotted out) and the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 2:37-38,41; Acts 3:19)?

If you do remember the passages, then the prophesied kingdom or church established by Christ in Jerusalem is the true church that belongs to its founder.

Do you see now why Christ’s church was not included in that list of denominational or religious bodies founded by men and women?

Did you miss the last statement in my previous post when I said “… in order to illustrate the salient point that the New Testament speaks of only one body of Christ”?

Donnie</font>

William
William

May 1st, 2006, 2:41 am #14

What about all of the different types of Churches of Christ?

One cuppers
No Sunday School
Non cooperative
Mainstream
plus many more too numerous to mention

Which of them is the Church Jesus Died for and which are man made? The only type of church that matters are the ones that Jesus includes. It is not up to us to make that decision for Him.

Donnie Cruz
Donnie Cruz

May 1st, 2006, 7:15 am #15

<font color=indigo size=3 face=times new roman>William,

Which “type of congregation” among churches of Christ (Rom. 16:16) are you a member of?

One cuppers—A few congregations may not be that concerned about health issues. If the members of a congregation are of “the same mind and of the same judgment” in this regard, I do not see it as a problem. Besides, multiple cups or one cup is not a spiritual issue at all—unlike as when a Catholic priest is the only one who drinks “all of it.” It’s not surprising that the change agents would use this as an example to justify their faulty assumption that there is “unity in diversity.” That’s hardly the case here because the use of one cup or multiple cups does not alter the command for Christians to commemorate Christ’s sacrifice and death on the cross.

No Sunday School—This type of congregation of the Lord’s church is correct in believing that the gathering of the saints, after all, is all about commemorating the Lord’s death and studying God’s word as a school of the Bible on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7)—and there’s already your “Sunday School” in that gathering or assembly.

The body of Christ still belongs to Christ when it follows His and the apostles’ teachings and is not ashamed to bear the name of its founder—whether or not it assembles in a non-air-conditioned building, in a home or in a gymnasium; whether or not members have been baptized in the lake, in a Presbyterian church building or in the river; etc.

Donnie</font>

William
William

May 3rd, 2006, 10:31 pm #16

The only problems with your comments Donnie are:

1. These other groups would not have anything to do with you, Since you do not agree with them. While clearly you have no problem with accepting there different beliefs.

2. The argument against Sunday schools went something like: We do not want to be like the Baptist down the street. These people do not believe that Sunday schools are Biblical and they think that those who started having them are wrong. And while they probably did not use the term, the ones who brought them in were Change Agents and trouble makers in their minds.

I think that it is sad that a group of believers who profess to only follow the Word and essentially started as a group to bring unity to all believers by going back to the Bible has itself disintegrated into many many different groups most of which have nothing to do with each other. And many (thank goodness not all) feel that they are the only ones going to heaven.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

May 4th, 2006, 1:49 am #17

I think is the foundation of all false dogma. You probably forgot that the church of Christ identified itself as a SCHOOL OF CHRIST as the ekklesia or synagogue is a school of the Bible. T. Campbell identified worship as reading and musing the Word. Church WAS uniquely Sunday School open for all.

You also forgot that the modern Sunday School movement had begun and was taken up by Standard publishing intended that ALL churches buy material from them. The only AUTHORIZED song book for ALL churches must be the Standard version which they somehow pried loose from Alexander Campbell.

The Sunday School Board was NOT under the oversight of the elders. Therefore the ANTI Sunday school people did not STOP doing something or refuse to BEGIN something: they kept on doing what they had always done. It is too bad that the Sunday School Department got stolen by the women who TRY to have 12the graders doing cut out and paste ups. They tried to force my daughter to teach some vapid disjointed material on the Old Testament with cutesy cutsey stuff with a PIG as the central character.

So, did the Sunnday School system produce the epidemic of effeminate preachers and MUSICIANS or what? Could you prove that your kids know more than those who don't have the DIVIDED CLASS system? You probably can't find people who reject teaching the BIBLE: they just don't do it your way. Would you INFILTRATE and steal a happy congregation getting adult level education and drinking out of one cup just to make the MODERN?

Don't doing something because the BAPTISTS did it before is wacko, Jacko: people just make it up.

Donnie Cruz
Donnie Cruz

May 4th, 2006, 8:57 am #18

The only problems with your comments Donnie are:

1. These other groups would not have anything to do with you, Since you do not agree with them. While clearly you have no problem with accepting there different beliefs.

2. The argument against Sunday schools went something like: We do not want to be like the Baptist down the street. These people do not believe that Sunday schools are Biblical and they think that those who started having them are wrong. And while they probably did not use the term, the ones who brought them in were Change Agents and trouble makers in their minds.

I think that it is sad that a group of believers who profess to only follow the Word and essentially started as a group to bring unity to all believers by going back to the Bible has itself disintegrated into many many different groups most of which have nothing to do with each other. And many (thank goodness not all) feel that they are the only ones going to heaven.
<font color=indigo size=3 face=times new roman>William,

Honestly, I do not have any problem with my comments. Neither should anyone who believes or is convinced that the church established by Christ at Pentecost belongs to him. His church is not a denomination from what I know is revealed in the New Testament.

As I have already mentioned, the observance of the Lord’s Supper is the command—which is not violated or altered by the unspecified use of one cup, a pitcher, clear or colored multiple cups, etc. If I were to be in assembly with the “one cuppers,” I would simply oblige—and forget about my own “health hazard” mentality. If these brethren have a fellowship issue, then, that is between them and God—but it certainly does not preclude the church from its existence. Again, this is NOT a doctrinal issue—it is not a “different beliefs” kind of thing because the Lord’s sacrifice and death is still commemorated as commanded.

In regard to the “Sunday School” issue, we must realize that it is not addressed in the New Testament. Neither is the “worship service.” Now, “assembling of ourselves together” or the “assembly” is referenced—an indication that exhortation or teaching or admonishing one another is the purpose. That gathering clearly suggests that it is a Bible school in itself, regardless of whether or not some nearby church does it. “No Sunday School” or “Sunday School” only on Sunday limits the study of the Bible. Acts 17:10-11 encourages Christians to search the scriptures DAILY as the Bereans did in the first century.

Again, it is a faulty assumption that because there are dissenting members or congregations … that the church of our Lord does not or should not exist. I feel that most of the congregations of “the group” you were alluding to are united because of the common agreement on the doctrine of salvation in the blood of the Lamb offered to mankind through God’s love, grace and mercy. “They are the only ones going to heaven”? Who says and believes that? Or, is that only an accusation by the antagonists?

Donnie</font>

Donnie Cruz
Donnie Cruz

May 6th, 2006, 4:33 pm #19

There is something wrong, something very wrong. There needs to be a change, a big change.

There is this body, this body of believers. This body all believes in the same God. This body believes in the same Savior. Everyone in this body gains the same salvation. Everyone in this body receives the same grace. Everyone in this body is covered by the same blood. Everyone in this body is destined to go to the same place.

Yet, this body is divided, very divided. This body is full of people who think they are always right. This body is full of people that are concentrated on the wrong things. This body is full of people who try to tear each other apart instead of build each other up. This body is full of people that do not accept each other. This believed body of love and unity is sometimes a body of hatred and division.

Is not this body of unity supposed to love each other? Is not this body of unity supposed care for each other? Is not this body of unity supposed to accept each other and its differences? Is not this body of unity supposed to present the lost world with hope? How can this body successfully do these things when it is hurting itself with division and hatred?

WE, AS THE BODY OF CHRIST, ALL BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD. WE ALL HAVE HOPE IN THE SAME SAVIOR. WE SOMETIMES HAVE DIFFERENT PREFERENCES, BUT WE ALL STILL LOVE OUR SAME GOD. WE NEED TO LAY ASIDE OUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES WHICH HAVE BEEN SHAPED AND MOLDED INTO RULES. BAPTIST, METHODIST, CHURCH OF CHRIST, PRESBYTIRIAN, NAZARENE, AND WHOEVEVER BELIEVES IN THE RISEN SAVIOR, WE ARE ALL A PART OF SAME BODY, THE BODY OF CHRIST. WE ARE BROTHERS, AND WE ARE SISTERS. WE ARE CHRISTIANS. WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE TOGETHER UNIFIED IN HEAVEN FOR ETERNITY. WE NEED TO LOVE EACH OTHER. WE NEED TO ACCEPT EACH OTHER. WE NEED TO CUT THE TENSION AND COME TOGETHER. WE NEED TO BE THE BODY OF CHRIST WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

"I am the way and the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 Jesus is the only way. Our demonation of church does not determine our salvation. Only our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord. Jesus is the way. He is the truth. He is the light. We can be saved by nothing else.
<font color=indigo size=3 face=times new roman>In the previous list of denominations, we included the divisions among the Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran and Reformed Churches.

The following additional list of denominations [so far only] includes religious divisions from the Presbyterian, Mormon, Anabaptist, Brethren and Baptist Churches.
For those who call for unity with various denominations which claim to be “Christian,” which of these religious bodies would you consider being united with? If not all, which ones would you object to being united with the “body of Christ”?</font>
  • <font size=3 face=times new roman>
  • Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
  • Bible Presbyterian Church
  • Church of Scotland
  • Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches
  • Cumberland Presbyterian Church
  • Evangelical Presbyterian Church
  • First Presbyterian Church
  • Free Church of Scotland
  • Free Church of Scotland Continuing
  • Free Presbyterian Church
  • Korean Presbyterian Church in America
  • Orthodox Presbyterian Church
  • Presbyterian Church in America
  • Presbyterian Church USA
  • Presbyterian Reformed Church
  • Reformed Presbyterian Church
  • Reformed Presbyterian Church - Covenanted
  • Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America
  • Reformed Presbytery in North America
  • United Free Church of Scotland
  • Uniting Presbyterian Church in Southern Africa
  • Westminster Presbyterian Church
  • China Christian Council
  • Church of Bangladesh
  • Church of Pakistan
  • Church of North India
  • Syrian Marthoma Church in India
  • Church of South India
  • Evangelical Church in Germany
  • Protestant Church in the Netherlands from 1 May 2004
  • United Church of Canada
  • United Church of Christ
  • Uniting Church in Australia
  • United Church in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons)
  • Beachy Amish
  • Nebraska Amish
  • Old Order Amish
  • Swartzendruber Amish
  • Bruderhof Communities
  • Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations
  • Anabaptist Association of Australia and New Zealand
  • Brethren in Christ
  • Chortitzer Mennonite Conference
  • Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (aka Holdeman Mennonites)
  • Conservative Mennonite Conference
  • Evangelical Mennonite Church
  • Evangelical Mennonite Conference
  • Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference
  • Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)
  • Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
  • Japan Mennonite Brethren Conference
  • US Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
  • Mennonite Church USA
  • Mennonite World Conference
  • Swiss Mennonite Conference
  • Church of the United Brethren in Christ
  • Plymouth Brethren
  • River Brethren
  • Brethren in Christ Church
  • Old Order River Brethren
  • United Zion Church
  • Schwarzenau Brethren
  • Church of the Brethren
  • Conservative Grace Brethren Churches, International
  • Dunkard Brethren
  • Ephrata Cloister
  • Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches
  • Old German Baptist Brethren
  • Old Order German Baptist Brethren
  • The Brethren Church (Ashland Brethren)
  • Social Brethren

[NOTE: This is not an attempt to single out the Baptist Churches by identifying individual countries. According to sources: “All Baptist associations are congregationalist affiliations for the purpose of cooperation, in which each local church is governmentally independent.”]
  • Alliance of Baptists
  • American Baptist Association
  • American Baptist Churches USA
  • Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland
  • Association of Grace Baptist Churches
  • Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America
  • Association of Regular Baptist Churches
  • Baptist Bible Fellowship International
  • Baptist Conference of the Philippines
  • Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec
  • Baptist Convention of Western Cuba
  • Baptist General Conference
  • Baptist General Conference of Canada
  • Baptist General Convention of Texas
  • Baptist Missionary Association of America
  • Baptist Union of Australia
  • Baptist Union of Great Britain
  • Baptist Union of New Zealand
  • Baptist Union of Scotland
  • Baptist Union of Western Canada
  • Baptist World Alliance
  • Bible Baptist
  • Canadian Baptist Ministries
  • Canadian Convention of Southern Baptists
  • Central Baptist Association
  • Central Canada Baptist Conference
  • Christian Unity Baptist Association
  • Colored Primitive Baptists
  • Conservative Baptist Association
  • Conservative Baptist Association of America
  • Conservative Baptists
  • Continental Baptist Churches
  • Convención Nacional Bautista de Mexico
  • Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches
  • Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
  • European Baptist Convention
  • European Baptist Federation
  • Evangelical Baptist Mission of South Haiti
  • Evangelical Free Baptist Church
  • Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada
  • Free Will Baptist Church
  • Fundamental Baptist Fellowship of America
  • General Association of Baptists
  • General Association of General Baptists
  • General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
  • General Conference of the Evangelical Baptist Church, Inc.
  • General Six-Principle Baptists
  • Global Independent Baptist Fellowship
  • Grace Baptist Assembly
  • Independent Baptists
  • Independent Baptist Church of America
  • Independent Baptist Fellowship International
  • Independent Baptist Fellowship of North America
  • Interstate & Foreign Landmark Missionary Baptist Association
  • Landmark Baptist Church
  • Liberty Baptist Fellowship
  • Myanmar Baptist Convention
  • National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.
  • National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
  • National Baptist Evangelical Life and Soul Saving Assembly of the U.S.A.
  • National Missionary Baptist Convention of America
  • National Primitive Baptist Convention of the U.S.A.
  • New England Evangelical Baptist Fellowship
  • New Testament Association of Independent Baptist Churches
  • North American Baptist Conference
  • Norwegian Baptist Union
  • Old Baptist Union
  • Old Regular Baptists
  • Old Time Missionary Baptists
  • Primitive Baptists
  • Progressive Baptists
  • Progressive National Baptist Convention
  • Reformed Baptists
  • Regular Baptist Churches, General Association of
  • Regular Baptists
  • Separate Baptists
  • Separate Baptists in Christ
  • Seventh Day Baptists
  • Southeast Conservative Baptists
  • Southern Baptist Convention
  • Southern Baptists of Texas
  • Sovereign Grace Baptists
  • Strict Baptists
  • Two-Seed-in-the-Spirit Predestinarian Baptists
  • Union D'Eglises Baptistes Francaises Au Canada
  • United American Free Will Baptist Church
  • United American Free Will Baptist Conference
  • United Baptist Convention of the Atlantic Provinces
  • United Baptists
  • United Free Will Baptist
  • Unregistered Baptist Fellowship
  • World Baptist Alliance
  • World Baptist Fellowship

[To be continued…]</font>
<font size=3 color=indigo face=times new roman>There are still the following major religious denominations and their divisions not yet listed:
  • <font size=4>
  • Charismatics
  • Friends (Quakers) and Their Offshoots
  • Methodists
  • Pietists and Holiness Churches
  • Pentecostalism
  • Oneness Pentecostalism
  • Neo-charismatic churches
  • Other movement churches
  • Anglican/Episcopal Church
  • Sabbath Keeping Christian Churches</font>
Again, which one or ones of these would the change agents unite with the “body of Christ.” Conversely, and better yet, based on the desires and goals of the change agents to disband the body of Christ in order to achieve “unity” [from their perspectives, i.e.], which one (or ones) of the above should Christ’s church unite with? The biggest question is HOW can Christ’s church in unity with another religious body or other religious bodies be ACHIEVED? Should it be a selective process (as in, which denominations are desirable)? Is it achievable? Is it insane?</font>

Ray Pippin
Ray Pippin

May 11th, 2006, 5:06 pm #20

I, too, gather that the anonymous poster would have not only the church of Christ, but all faiths, come to some kind of consensus about what to believe in Christianity. That is, in order for everyone to have peace and get along with each other, we would all draw up a list of those things on which all faiths could agree, and that would be our "doctrine." That would "unify" all faiths. That is also ecumenism. What is not said (but is implied nevertheless) is that those scriptural beliefs on which all faiths could not agree would be ignored or discarded for the sake of "unification." But it's already been pointed out that, although such a concept merely unifies us with each other, it is not the scriptural "unity in Christ." To have full unity in Christ, all people must be willing to yield completely to Christ, to follow His commands and the New Testament to the letter, veering neither to the left hand nor to the right, without regard for personal preferences.

Full unity in Christ will not happen as long as there is denominationalism. Full unity in Christ will not happen as long as people believe that there are multiple paths to Christ instead of the ONE PATH--THE OLD PATH--THE NARROW PATH--HIS WAY.
Sorry. Dr. Crump. There will never be unity even among Churches of Christ as long as there are preachers among us who the very moment someone even tries to discuss some of our differences they jump in and condemn them for even trying. Anyone who tries is branded as a compromiser of the truth. The problem has always been on the inside.
We have nothing to fear from the demoninations, we will tear ourselves apart all by ourselves. The demoninations just sit back and laugh at us. AND IS IT ANY WONDER?????

I am sure you will have a great response and everyone will be told what a terrible false teacher I am.