April 5th, 2016, 3:03 pm #41

1Pet. 1:10 ¶ Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pet. 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit OF Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

April 5th, 2016, 3:52 pm #42

"But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."
If a boy can go to college to learn to be a preacher, what is wrong with the other members studying the same things they should be taught? Aren't we all to spread the gospel? Can you give me scriptural reasons why I am doomed to ignorance? Does the preacher have a duty to teach all he knows? What if the colleges start leaving off some of the information that is crucial to understand the time and place, and how words were used in ancient times. What if the colleges start teaching these innocent young boys narrative theology, where evil becomes good, and good becomes evil? I have been studying the bible daily. As well as spreading the gospel. I have developed a spiritual relationship with my Heavenly Father, and I must worship him in truth. Maybe, I have given TMI, but is that really any of your concern, when you won't even identify yourself? I have not mentioned names , just situations. I am concerned for my fellow congregants, and the gradualism that is creeping in to our assembly. I love every member of my fellowship, and sometimes we may say or do something that wasn't meant to be disrespectful. I am passionate about The Lord and the words he died to give to us!

April 5th, 2016, 5:21 pm #43

You will have noticed that there are two groups: most people sit like owls on a log and an elder or two who get violent when you quote the text and post the way words were used and the actual Classics and other literature to back it up.

A Christian is a Disciple of Christ with that which Christ commanded in the Prophets and Apostles as the only TEXTBOOK. Jesus didn't sent pickpockets out to set up "worship centers" where they pretend that their songs and sermons and picking of pockets IS worship.

Worship from the church in the wilderness onward for the godly class was to "give attendance to the reading of the Word and meditating on that." That does NOT mean singing Twila Paris and making melody upon a voice or harp.

Anything beyond being A School of Christ defined by "sabbath" and "baptismos" is a cult where the preacher is chained to the pulpit to keep everyone else out of the holy place.
We are washed with water INTO the Word or into the School of Christ: there we obey the command to "Rest and Learn of Me."

So be aware that Jesus speaks of a Little Flock God gave Him and it IS SECTARIAN: it is the WAY that is called a SECT, the Road or the PATTERN.<font>

John 17:14 I have given them thy WORD; and the world hath hated them, because they are not OF the world, even as I am not of the world.
John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the WORLD, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
John 17:16 They are not OF the world, even as I am not OF the world.
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy TRUTH: thy WORD is truth.
John 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

To SANCTIFY is to purify and SET ASIDE in a place free from contamination: those OF the World want to UNITE with the World.

</font>

April 6th, 2016, 2:49 am #44

The lack of teaching on such themes as marriage, honesty in daily living, sexual morality, duties to fellow man has had a dreadful effect on faithfulness not only to Christ but to the Church.

This is especially obvious when we analyze the teachings from the pulpit. The obsession with grace, to the ignoring of the workmanship of the Christian (See Ephesians 2:8-11), has led to latitudinal behavior and a pathetic answer to "Why would Jesus do?" (WWJD). Clearly the passage says that if we are "saved by grace through faith" that we are the workmanship of God.

It is also obvious when we examine our worship hymns. They are usually devoid of moral teaching. In this way, the modern worship service is a "golden calf," with us admiring the gold, but we have a calf instead of a moral God.

The continual emphasis on "fruits of the spirit" with a complete ignoring of the "works of the flesh" has become a disgrace to those who really want to realign their lives along Christian virtues. See Galatians 5:16-26.

The church worshipper comes away from worship "thirsty." Jesus said that he was the water of life.

John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Isn't it about time we left the elemental teachings and are ready for meat of the word. Hebrews 6:1-3.

Simplistic teaching leads many to leave the church to search for some better instructions about how to lead their lives.
Part of the ethical troublers in Zion is that once the elders hire them they assume that they have a SENIOR ROLE. One of my once preachers assumes that since the elders called him back that he has been given full authority and that must be the case. A godly preachers until he is dead is still a disciple. No preacher has have ever gotten into trouble by just teaching that which is written for our learning. And elder is not APT if he does not "teach that which HAS been taught." From Genesis to Revelation and long after the Reformation they question God for not ever connecting musical speech which hinders learning to the assembly of the GODLY: that excluded thee Civil-Military-Clergy whom God abandoned to worship the Starry host: the Levites prophesying with instruments was soothsaying-sorcery and it was DAVID and not God who commanded that the instrumental Noise BEGIN only during the never-commanded burnt offerings of goats instead of the usual infant.

That gives unfaithful and post-Biblical preachers the presumed right to discipline those who feed them. We have noted one of Paul's warning and Mark 16 is another one often used to intimidate those who dare to try to even discuss the Bible. Donnie's elders wrote up a little book which commanded that no one contact the elders unless it was A SALVATION ISSUE.

<font face="arial" size="4">According to Philo, the gods of the pagans exploit this weakness of men. For the sake of a better effect, and with the intention of more easily cheating their devotes, that they have set their lies to melodies, rhythms and meters..

http://www.piney.com/MailSerLucian.html

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 6th, 2016, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 12th, 2016, 9:42 pm #45

The lack of teaching on such themes as marriage, honesty in daily living, sexual morality, duties to fellow man has had a dreadful effect on faithfulness not only to Christ but to the Church.

This is especially obvious when we analyze the teachings from the pulpit. The obsession with grace, to the ignoring of the workmanship of the Christian (See Ephesians 2:8-11), has led to latitudinal behavior and a pathetic answer to "Why would Jesus do?" (WWJD). Clearly the passage says that if we are "saved by grace through faith" that we are the workmanship of God.

It is also obvious when we examine our worship hymns. They are usually devoid of moral teaching. In this way, the modern worship service is a "golden calf," with us admiring the gold, but we have a calf instead of a moral God.

The continual emphasis on "fruits of the spirit" with a complete ignoring of the "works of the flesh" has become a disgrace to those who really want to realign their lives along Christian virtues. See Galatians 5:16-26.

The church worshipper comes away from worship "thirsty." Jesus said that he was the water of life.

John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Isn't it about time we left the elemental teachings and are ready for meat of the word. Hebrews 6:1-3.

Simplistic teaching leads many to leave the church to search for some better instructions about how to lead their lives.
The ABOMINATION is destroying the REST Jesus died to give to US to prevent YOU from riding the widows and hard-working honest people. This is one of the examples of CENI:

Matt. 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
.....because thou hast hid these things from the WISE and prudent,
.....and hast revealed them unto babes.

Those from whom God HIDES specifically the Doctors of the law:

Sophos , ē, on, A. skilled in any handicraft or art, clever, harmatēlatas s. Pi.P.5.115, cf. N.7.17; “kubernētēs” A.Supp.770; “mantis” [LOCUST] Id.Th.382; “oiōnothetas” S.OT484 (lyr.); of a sculptor, E.Fr.372; even of hedgers and ditchers, Margites Fr.2; but in this sense mostly of poets and musicians, Pi.O.1.9, P.1.42, 3.113; en kithara s. E.IT1238
etc.; also en oiōnois, kithara,

The Margites are the Magos

Margit-ēs , ou, ho, (margos) Margites, i. e.
A.madman, hero of a mock-heroic poem of the same name, ascribed to Homer, Arist.Po.1448b30, etc.

Back before the Post-Literate period decent people knew not to subject anyone to repeated arousal, laded burden or self-pleasure because.

Plat. Laws 792e I should assert further—were it not that it would be taken as a jest—that women with child, above all others, should be cared for during their years of pregnancy, lest any of them should indulge in repeated and intense pleasures or pains, instead of cultivating, during the whole of that period, a cheerful, bright and calm demeanor.

Drugs induced by loud music and induce premature labor!!

Luss-a^ has the same meaning as David's HALAL frenzy when he went naked with the girls while playing and dancing, such as was caused by the gods, of Bacchic [wineskins] frenzy,

1Sam. 21:13 And he changed his behaviour before them, and feigned himself mad in their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle fall down upon his beard.

Matt. 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Matt. 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father:
.....and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
.....neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son,
.....and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Only by obedience at baptism as a REQUEST for A good conscience or A holy spirit does God give DISCIPLES the authority to read BLACK text on WHITE paper.

Matt. 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
.....and I will give you rest.
Matt. 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and LEARN of me;
..... for I am meek and lowly in heart:
.....and ye shall find REST unto your souls.
Matt. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

PAUO has the same meaning as SABBATH which is the OPPOSITE to attending a "religious observation" to which the kingdom does not come. REST or SABBATH is that day to do nothing or ATTEND A SCHOOL. No godly person was peritted to travel to the temple on the Sabbath to engage in congregational worship. The outlawed WORD included "sending out ministers of God."

</font>

April 13th, 2016, 12:42 am #46

Isn't it Amoral to make the lambs WORK with all-week programs claiming that with THEIR money they can make the church GROW?

But, the meaning of the Christian System is that it is an UMBRELLA or a hiding place or a Safe House to protect the Little Flock from the Dances of the Goats just as the synagogue protected the godly Jews FROM whatever went on at the temple which was the HEADQUARTERS of a Civil-Military-Clergy complex repudiated by Christ in the Prophets.

REST like SABBATH just means STOP IT including the laded burden or the self pleasure which intends to create spiritual anxiety through religious observations. Being SAVED always means KEPT SAFE FROM SOMETHING and no one asks from what does grace through faithfulness keep us SAFE FROM.

Libertarians claim that freedom or liberty is THEIR liberty to impose whatever they wish beyond the CORE laws. Spiritual Covenants are defined as for the laity (laos, domos) EXCLUSIVE and safe FROM the Priests and Levites.

April 17th, 2016, 3:52 pm #47

Scripture proves over and over that because of instrumental-trinitarina idolatry at Mount Sinai that God turned the virtual and theological "Jews" over to worship the starry host. The Levite's prophesying with instruments was-is soothsaying often interchanged with sorcery: the musical group in the end-time Babylon (Revelation 17-18) are called sorcery.

Sorcery or witchcraft is using any of they hypocritic arts such as rhetoric, singing, playing instruments or acting to IMPOSE your will over the rational-spiritual mind.

That is why all of the "instrument" passages speak of disrupting your God-given mind in order to take away your property, your time or the Christ-bought REST with BURNING. That is not so much God's punishment for violating a LAW as the sign or MARK of found LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE. Their tongues are tied and they will never give an account.

Because the Jews, Phoenicians, Assyrians went in procession with PIPES to burn infants in the HOLOCAUST presided over by the Levites, The Spirit OF CHRIST affirms.

Is. 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:
Is. 30:32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.

Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Of Asaph a Leader of the Levites cursed by Jacob an abandoned by God:

<font face="arial" size="5">
THEY ALL SAY: that God commanded Worship with singing and playing instruments.
GOD SAYS: David commanded the Levites to play loud instruments under the King and Commanders of the Army.

AND PAY THEM TOO
The Spirit OF Christ said DON'T give money for the FREE WATER OF THE WORD.
</font>

May 20th, 2016, 8:23 am #48

Scripture's valid point:
The obsession with grace, to the ignoring of the workmanship of the Christian (See Ephesians 2:8-11), has led to latitudinal behavior and a pathetic answer to "Why would Jesus do?" (WWJD). Clearly the passage says that if we are "saved by grace through faith" that we are the workmanship of God.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times](I'm going to comment briefly because of time constraints.)

The KJV renders: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" (Ephesians 2:8). Notice: "are ye saved" [only in the "present tense"].

There are many other translations that render the expression in other forms, e.g., "saved you" ["past tense"] or "you have been saved" [present perfect tense], etc.

Taking into account the context in the following verse (v. 10), the expression in the past tense ("saved") or in the present perfect tense ("have been saved") is very significant in making the contrast between:

(1) our initial conversion through repentance and baptism [when past sins were remitted]
--------------------- AND ---------------
(2) the Christian's current status [continuous salvation after baptism].

The context in verses 8 and 9 (by grace through faith; not of works) is applicable to the process in which one outside of Christ became a Christian. Indeed, "by grace through faith and without works" makes sense.

However, the context in verse 10 ("for we are his workmanship") clearly explains what the Christian's status (post-baptism) should be, i.e., the Christian is to DO GOOD WORKS, even though he is still under God's grace. But God's grace is not to be abused. Romans 5:1 states: "Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?"

It is no longer by faith only in Christian living.

James 2 clearly states that the Christian is to do good works. "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. ... Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:17,24)[/color]

May 20th, 2016, 4:48 pm #49

Because they will not or cannot read the beginning of Ephesians 2 they do not know and perhaps cannot know that saved means SAFE or kept safe based on Grace "which teaches us to avoid the grace-only liberties" and FAITHFULNESS as long as we live.

We are SAVED FROM those people defined in the "what is the meaning of is is" in Paul's complete statement.

May 21st, 2016, 5:15 pm #50

Is instrumental music a sin? Is the Church of Christ the only true church? Is the Church of Christ's Five Acts of Worship and the Five Finger Plan of Salvation correct? At this time, none of this matters. What matters is faith. Faith comes before any thing else.

So . . . What is faith? Is faith pretending to know what you do not know? Is faith a belief without evidence and reason? Faith is . . .