April 3rd, 2016, 7:54 pm #31

The lack of teaching on such themes as marriage, honesty in daily living, sexual morality, duties to fellow man has had a dreadful effect on faithfulness not only to Christ but to the Church.

This is especially obvious when we analyze the teachings from the pulpit. The obsession with grace, to the ignoring of the workmanship of the Christian (See Ephesians 2:8-11), has led to latitudinal behavior and a pathetic answer to "Why would Jesus do?" (WWJD). Clearly the passage says that if we are "saved by grace through faith" that we are the workmanship of God.

It is also obvious when we examine our worship hymns. They are usually devoid of moral teaching. In this way, the modern worship service is a "golden calf," with us admiring the gold, but we have a calf instead of a moral God.

The continual emphasis on "fruits of the spirit" with a complete ignoring of the "works of the flesh" has become a disgrace to those who really want to realign their lives along Christian virtues. See Galatians 5:16-26.

The church worshipper comes away from worship "thirsty." Jesus said that he was the water of life.

John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Isn't it about time we left the elemental teachings and are ready for meat of the word. Hebrews 6:1-3.

Simplistic teaching leads many to leave the church to search for some better instructions about how to lead their lives.
Dianne's Wrestling. Notice that Ephesians comes after Ephesians 5 where with almost no exception those who Rule over think that:

SPEAK that which is written for our learning
Means SING that which is written by the "praise leaders." One of those ancient bad occupations.

April 3rd, 2016, 8:53 pm #32

The progressives are in deep coals when they refuse to dialog or even get a bit violent just for showing them what they certainly missed in school.

Those Paul about causing discord are always those who "see godliness as a means of financial gain or occupation." They get brittle when you show them the fork in the road they have taken and can probably never retreat.

2Th. 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Who are those who walk disorderly? First, they violate all of the commands to just teach that which has been taught. Secondly, Paul makes it clear.

2Th. 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
2Th. 3:8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
2Th. 3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an EXAMPLE unto you to follow us.
2Th. 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Paul said that they should be MARKED and sorry if it hurts:

2Th. 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
2Th. 3:15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Scripture
Scripture

April 3rd, 2016, 10:49 pm #33

A Christian is a DISCIPLE. A Disciple is a STUDENT. Jesus said go make DISCIPLES. He did not say GO but build houses by human hands so you can WORSHIP with the WORKS of human hands. The unique, well defined worship concept from the Church in the wilderness is to give your attention to READING the Word for doctrine and Comfort.

A musical instrument is a machine for doing hard work (ERGON) or to enable WRATH or and ORGE.

Jesus said that was the Little Flock the Father had given Him OUT OF the World order.
It IS SECTARIAN: It is the WAY that is called a SECT or a Road very narrow and fools cannot even stumble into it.

I really became a student when I used to skip out when the preacher began self exhibiting and speaking out of his own head or "out of his head speaking."

what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? (‭Acts‬ ‭7‬:‭48-49‬ KJV)

People with a Phd in Bible and the Head of the Bible department and preachers can fleece the flock so we CAN BUILD A HOUSE TO WORSHIP GOD and, I insist, CANNOT grasp that verse.

Isn't that the spookiest thing you ever heard?

I like your fourth paragraph here.

Cut the preacher off like a radio and start reading the Bible.

The prophets always complained about those who exalt the church worship while they ignored commands of the law.

"Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father in heaven."

This include the "free grace" advocates who have descended on the church.

April 3rd, 2016, 10:54 pm #34

The progressives are in deep coals when they refuse to dialog or even get a bit violent just for showing them what they certainly missed in school.

Those Paul about causing discord are always those who "see godliness as a means of financial gain or occupation." They get brittle when you show them the fork in the road they have taken and can probably never retreat.

2Th. 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Who are those who walk disorderly? First, they violate all of the commands to just teach that which has been taught. Secondly, Paul makes it clear.

2Th. 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
2Th. 3:8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
2Th. 3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an EXAMPLE unto you to follow us.
2Th. 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Paul said that they should be MARKED and sorry if it hurts:

2Th. 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
2Th. 3:15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

I don't believe I have any enemies, and should have said "others who consider me their enemy", I hope I have none of those, but if I do then I still love them, and want only the best for them. If I can help them come to truth, I will do as God commands me.

April 3rd, 2016, 11:26 pm #35

The man Paul says to mark is not the audience but;

Th. 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

Those who are hired do not have the authority to either discipline or lecture. However, if quoting Scripture does not do the trick then you have no further obligation.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 3rd, 2016, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 4th, 2016, 12:00 am #36

I like your fourth paragraph here.

Cut the preacher off like a radio and start reading the Bible.

The prophets always complained about those who exalt the church worship while they ignored commands of the law.

"Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father in heaven."

This include the "free grace" advocates who have descended on the church.
Here is a kinder-gentler picture of the graces: they were tripple goddesses of ugliness. However GRACE hath appeared TEACHING us to deny whatever is on the show and tell program. I hate to tell you but THESE GRACES ARE NOT FREE!

NCP
NCP

April 4th, 2016, 1:52 am #37

The man Paul says to mark is not the audience but;

Th. 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

Those who are hired do not have the authority to either discipline or lecture. However, if quoting Scripture does not do the trick then you have no further obligation.
◄ 1 Peter 1 ►
New International Version

1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Praise to God for a Living Hope

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

10Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Be Holy

13Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy."

17Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.b 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,

“All people are like grass,

and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;

the grass withers and the flowers fall,

25but the word of the Lord endures forever.

April 4th, 2016, 3:58 pm #38

You probably would be surprised NCP, just how I do read the bible...

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬ KJV)

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (‭2 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭5-8‬ KJV)

As I've said I am a disciple of Christ, I have much to learn...

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered. (‭Luke‬ ‭11‬:‭52‬ KJV)

April 4th, 2016, 4:49 pm #39

The lack of teaching on such themes as marriage, honesty in daily living, sexual morality, duties to fellow man has had a dreadful effect on faithfulness not only to Christ but to the Church.

This is especially obvious when we analyze the teachings from the pulpit. The obsession with grace, to the ignoring of the workmanship of the Christian (See Ephesians 2:8-11), has led to latitudinal behavior and a pathetic answer to "Why would Jesus do?" (WWJD). Clearly the passage says that if we are "saved by grace through faith" that we are the workmanship of God.

It is also obvious when we examine our worship hymns. They are usually devoid of moral teaching. In this way, the modern worship service is a "golden calf," with us admiring the gold, but we have a calf instead of a moral God.

The continual emphasis on "fruits of the spirit" with a complete ignoring of the "works of the flesh" has become a disgrace to those who really want to realign their lives along Christian virtues. See Galatians 5:16-26.

The church worshipper comes away from worship "thirsty." Jesus said that he was the water of life.

John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Isn't it about time we left the elemental teachings and are ready for meat of the word. Hebrews 6:1-3.

Simplistic teaching leads many to leave the church to search for some better instructions about how to lead their lives.
Dianne is one of those brave women who grasps that the self-exhibition ROLES have no authority.

Paul told both men and women to pray that both be peaceable and silent: all of the men in the synagogue knew that a senior leader STOOD UP to read the Word and then decently and in order SAT DOWN. Jesus EXAMPLED that and and showed up in the local synagogue ONCE A WEEK. Otherwise, His PATTERN was to GO without the latest golden chariot. One of my old "investment" collectors claims that HE is the authoritative teacher. Right on time, God smacked him with voodoo drums and turned out the lamps.

However, after that commanded, exampled and historically grasped ONE READING ASSEMBLY each REST day, both men and women have the commanded duty to teach anyone who can tolerate that which is written for our learning. This AC or After Computer age of the KAIROS or satellite planters, DISCIPLES understand that the only real way to GO and TEACH has been provided for anyone with at least one good finger.

If the WORD or Regulative Principle is going to be taught then know that the SCHOLARS have made themselves dumb and blind because someone sold them a Simony Degree actually claiming that they now have spiritual gifts to READ BEYOND THE SACRED PAGES.

There is no greater abomination than people standing in their holy places Purpose Driven not to even "sing" the Bible Text. All of the evidence shows that the "singing in the holy places" have "become howling" because they starved everyone for lack of the WORD and God says "I will not pass by here again." I wouldn't look for any Sackcloth and Ashes Workshops.

<font face="arial" size="4">Those devices used to attack a holy God are:

</font>

NCP
NCP

April 5th, 2016, 1:18 pm #40

You probably would be surprised NCP, just how I do read the bible...

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬ KJV)

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (‭2 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭5-8‬ KJV)

As I've said I am a disciple of Christ, I have much to learn...

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered. (‭Luke‬ ‭11‬:‭52‬ KJV)
"But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."