March 31st, 2016, 11:47 pm #11

Unfortunately, when you disagree or start asking question, you tend to get sermons that can be offensive or hurtful. We got the ole listening to "false teachers", after I sent some of Ken's work out. I don't want to speak evil of anyone, he may have been deceived himself. The preacher craft was around long before I was born, but there were voices crying out to remove it from the assembly long ago. There is schism in my family that wasn't there before and everything I say at home is being questioned. That shouldn't be tolerated by any parent or wife. If I am speaking truth, then must I keep it to myself? I've seen too many "coincidences", coming to fruition in the past few months, from we need 150k to add to the building to changing song structure. It seems things were sped up, when I started asking questions. I have asked the eldership to meet with me one more time, to let them show scripture where I am wrong. I ask for everyone's prayers that my mission will be successful.
Did you just listen to some sermons on Mark: Demon Possession and Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

He seems to think that the GODHEAD is "father, son and spirit" and that Jesus was God in the flesh.

April 1st, 2016, 1:38 am #12

I haven't attended in about a month now. He did teach about the Godhead being a person, so I probably shouldn't say he should be an evangelist. We must teach scripture in truth, or we are not obeying God. I didn't think about what I was saying, I will be more cautious. Glad you pointed that out to me!

Scripture
Scripture

April 1st, 2016, 3:57 am #13

Unfortunately, when you disagree or start asking question, you tend to get sermons that can be offensive or hurtful. We got the ole listening to "false teachers", after I sent some of Ken's work out. I don't want to speak evil of anyone, he may have been deceived himself. The preacher craft was around long before I was born, but there were voices crying out to remove it from the assembly long ago. There is schism in my family that wasn't there before and everything I say at home is being questioned. That shouldn't be tolerated by any parent or wife. If I am speaking truth, then must I keep it to myself? I've seen too many "coincidences", coming to fruition in the past few months, from we need 150k to add to the building to changing song structure. It seems things were sped up, when I started asking questions. I have asked the eldership to meet with me one more time, to let them show scripture where I am wrong. I ask for everyone's prayers that my mission will be successful.
So many preachers forget that the society in which we live has an egalitarian (equalitarian) relationship between husbands and wives. It is nominally patriarchal but matricentric in nature. With wives working and not "keepers at home" the financial relationship has changed in the last half century. This gives the woman more practical power, and so she has been able to occupy a more central relationship, with husband doing much of the housework and parenting, since she is in the work force.

The attitudes toward such topics will vary depending on the age of the person, and also on the position in church leadership. Most Churches of Christ have some ruling elders, who don't want to be questioned, and want to keep power away from the congregation. Much of the waywardness of the Lord's people is perhaps encouraged by elders who will not listen to the congregation, especially to the womenfolks, and so they are able to take the church down the road often suggested by the preacher. A preacher-elder conspiracy is especially harmful, but generally the preacher is a little more open and when this happens there can be much controversy.

Nothing substitutes for a learned congregation--learned and taught in the ways of the Word of God. As that is implanted in each individual congregation, the church can gain much truth.

We will pray for you and your family and the church that it might be able to survive these issues.

April 1st, 2016, 2:51 pm #14

Did you just listen to some sermons on Mark: Demon Possession and Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

He seems to think that the GODHEAD is "father, son and spirit" and that Jesus was God in the flesh.
While reading this morning I came across these verses :

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. (‭Titus‬ ‭3‬:‭2‬ KJV)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭12‬ KJV)

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. (‭Matthew‬ ‭7‬:‭2‬ KJV)

I apologize for speaking ill of this man. I have been forgiven so much, and God is the judge of his heart. If I am doing something wrong then I would want someone to point it out. I should probably keep my mouth shut and listen.

April 1st, 2016, 4:01 pm #15

I haven't attended in about a month now. He did teach about the Godhead being a person, so I probably shouldn't say he should be an evangelist. We must teach scripture in truth, or we are not obeying God. I didn't think about what I was saying, I will be more cautious. Glad you pointed that out to me!
If I have the right preacher (not sure) he preached a sermon on Mark 1 and seemed to put himself in the place of Jesus being interrupted by a demon spirit person: said the church had those. I cringed. Jesus went into the synagogue on the Sabbath because that is where the people would be gathered to "Rest, read and rehearse" the Scriptures. He didn't have an office there.

Mark 1:21 And they went into Capernaum;
and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught.
Mark 1:22 And they were astonished at his doctrine:
for he taught them as one that had authority,
and not as the scribes.

PATTERN

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the SABBATH day, and stood up for to READ.
Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was WRITTEN,
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

PATTERN for the church in the wilderness and never changed:

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that PREACH him, being READ in the synagogues every sabbath day.

PATTERN
Luke 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

The REST of Messiah was defined both inclusively and exclusively by the Spirit OF Christ in the prophets.
Jesus said that all that was PROPHESIED about Him would be fulfilled and certified BEFORE the Old Covenant PASSED AWAY. When you just SPEAK the Word as written you are a PROPHET if you can say "thus saith the Lord."

Luke 4:24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

Luke 4:25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
Luke 4:26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
Luke 4:27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
Luke 4:28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
Luke 4:29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
Luke 4:30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

They hoped to get the SCRIPTURE QUOTER treated as a SCAPEGOAT

Then He came to to Capernaum where the preacher missed the MESSAGE but more than implied that his word might be troubled:

Mark 1:23 And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth?
art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
Mark 1:25 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.
Mark 1:26 And when the unclean spirit had torn him,
and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.

PATTERN
Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were WRITTEN aforetime were written for our LEARNING, that we through patience and comfort of the SCRIPTURE might have hope.
Rom. 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is the DIRECT COMMAND for PRAISING or WORSHIPING God.

If this is your preacher you need to show up and bear witness. I pointed out only scripture which is the only vocational role of ALL of us. This is WWJD time: just smile and rejoice.

As Scripture noted CULTURE HAS CHANGED: the changelings think that they have to raise more money and hire more staff. But, Guttenberg has come and we learned to Read. The Internet came and THAT is the way to "go into all the world and teach" and NOT build more houses because God will not be there.

People on the cutting edge can be brittle: I went to college in a town with an old Studebaker factory: I remember my defensive attitude when they told me that they were not going to build buggy whips any longer. Going from vacuum tubes to transistors was very traumatic.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 1st, 2016, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2016, 5:49 pm #16

Are you saying that I should remain, although I see things wrong. I am concerned that my son will be taught error? I have been thinking and reading about this all morning. I feel that I am supporting error if I go, but then I'm taking my voice out of the fight. So do I keep scrapping? Speaking truth in godliness!

NCP
NCP

April 1st, 2016, 7:18 pm #17

I have experienced the opposite Scripture. We were getting from the pulpit, the wisdom of man, which was nothing more than psychology. We had 6 lessons on Marriage, within the last 4 months. Which over emphasized the man is the head of the woman. I believe that most know this who are members of the CoC. Of course, someone could have been oblivious of this fact, but wouldn't it have been better to take them aside to help them. Kind of reminds me of promise keepers spiel. Anyway, I submit these verses for your consideration:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ KJV)
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬ KJV)

By the way, I agree with you about the songs. I think they are intended to make you feel good, instead of teach the scripture in which they are based.

Philippians 4 NIV

1 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!

2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

April 1st, 2016, 8:03 pm #18

I picked the wrong preacher for Dianne but it probably fits.

April 1st, 2016, 8:07 pm #19

The lack of teaching on such themes as marriage, honesty in daily living, sexual morality, duties to fellow man has had a dreadful effect on faithfulness not only to Christ but to the Church.

This is especially obvious when we analyze the teachings from the pulpit. The obsession with grace, to the ignoring of the workmanship of the Christian (See Ephesians 2:8-11), has led to latitudinal behavior and a pathetic answer to "Why would Jesus do?" (WWJD). Clearly the passage says that if we are "saved by grace through faith" that we are the workmanship of God.

It is also obvious when we examine our worship hymns. They are usually devoid of moral teaching. In this way, the modern worship service is a "golden calf," with us admiring the gold, but we have a calf instead of a moral God.

The continual emphasis on "fruits of the spirit" with a complete ignoring of the "works of the flesh" has become a disgrace to those who really want to realign their lives along Christian virtues. See Galatians 5:16-26.

The church worshipper comes away from worship "thirsty." Jesus said that he was the water of life.

John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Isn't it about time we left the elemental teachings and are ready for meat of the word. Hebrews 6:1-3.

Simplistic teaching leads many to leave the church to search for some better instructions about how to lead their lives.
Good thought NCP. This is one of the "never musical" commands in all of Paul's letters. The word SELAH is used to mean STOP the Psalm and give us time to Meditate IN THE HEART. Meditate is meletae while musical melody is "melos" and Psallo never in recorded history meant musical melody.

It is not possible to accidentially fail to understand the Way of Peace. People who give themselves liberty to dominate you is purpose driven to sow discord or "upset your comfort zones" or create dissociation to disable you enough to not jump out of the boiling water.

That is the Amorality of modern Church Worship which is defined inclusively and exclusively in Philippians 4 and all recorded "patterns" from the Church of Christ (the Rock) from the wilderness onward. We add the Lord's Supper to remember that Jesus died to become the ONLY authoritative teacher Who PATTERNED only speaking what the Father breathed (spirit) or inspired Him to Say.

According to the Spirit OF Christ in Amos God hates singing in the holy places and

Prov. 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 1st, 2016, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2016, 10:03 pm #20

Glad you both pointed out those scriptures. I really just didn't know what to do, glad I have godly people to help me!