January 19th, 2015, 7:23 pm #21

I thought this subject might be a bust when the manliest man I know needed a partner to sponsor this thread. I think maybe all of us males are a bit hesitant to speak our minds.
JMHO.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Justly,

Thanks for contributing to this thread. As said, "I learn something new everyday."

This discussion should continue -- thanks to William Hall for bringing it up and letting us be more aware of the "isms" and religious movements infecting and affecting even "strong" congregations.[/color]

January 19th, 2015, 10:09 pm #22

Patrick Mead in his latest short stays in churches is probably the boaster that HE would take a female preaching intern: why not, he just makes up stuff as he goes with a Bible title.

The Video has been shut down of the preaching lady maybe she would put it back up. We have hacked 4th since Halal took it over and spend a fortune building a recording studio and making this historic building into a theater for performing arts or not too artsy. I believe he boasted about being the first to accept one of LU's Lady Leader's new preaching ministers. Daughters of Eve as their avowed mother dominating males.

They were called down and took down the performance.

http://www.faughnfamily.com/open-letter ... ch-christ/

Here is some of Patrick Meads sermons: I want to get at that dancing with God where David's naked dance is a pattern.

http://www.fourthavenuechurch.org/teaching/

This is my opinion of Patrick's preaching

<font face="arial" size="4">All comments welcomed. William Hall suggested this thread
</font>
Romans Chapter 10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

As Donnie has noted several times EIS means into, unto or in the direction of. Confession is in the direction on the road to salvation. I warned you about loosing the ability to read black text on brown paper. We never read step 10 on 'how to dismantle an atomic warhead" without reading steps 1-9. EXCEPT if you are a trained THEOLOGIAN.

If you find someone to read all of Romans 10 you will discover that Paul cycles through the STEPS of salvation in three steps or cycles. Only repentance is left out because "calling on the name of the Lord" is the meaning of BAPTISM: it is asking or the only REQUEST for A good conscience which is A holy spirit (the spirit of the one with an UNholy spirit). I have left you three examples of CALLING. You probably will never see or hear a preacher in the WORLD (for which Jesus doesn't even pray) with the ability to let Scripture speak for itself as opposed to snipping out proof texts which is really lying and despising (blaspheming) Christ by not letting Him be the ONLY teacher from God--if you are a minimal Christian.

I am trained as an engineer: I never plug things in until I read the sign which says "do not plug this thing in."

Theologians by their CONFESSION use imagination or just leave out verses they do not like. That is because the LITTLE FLOCK almost invisible and can NEVER be a large CIRCE bot visible and audible and in your face "and please do not leave without tithing and offering."

We are SAFE by grace (which teaches) through faith (compliance) FROM Ephesians 2:1f all of the pagan worship rituals intending to MAKE THE LAMBS DUMB BEFORE THE SLAUGHTER.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on January 19th, 2015, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justly
Justly

January 21st, 2015, 12:27 am #23

Patrick Mead in his latest short stays in churches is probably the boaster that HE would take a female preaching intern: why not, he just makes up stuff as he goes with a Bible title.

The Video has been shut down of the preaching lady maybe she would put it back up. We have hacked 4th since Halal took it over and spend a fortune building a recording studio and making this historic building into a theater for performing arts or not too artsy. I believe he boasted about being the first to accept one of LU's Lady Leader's new preaching ministers. Daughters of Eve as their avowed mother dominating males.

Here is some of Patrick Meads sermons: I want to get at that dancing with God where David's naked dance is a pattern.

<font face="arial" size="4">All comments welcomed. William Hall suggested this thread
</font>
Scripture said,

"Two other questions:

What is the difference between small group discussion and worship?

When does a small group become an assembly?"

Scripture, it's up to you...we need info on these "groups". We need someone that's local. Would you be so kind as to attend these groups and report back? Thanks!

http://www.madisonchurchtn.org/

http://www.madisonchurchtn.org/connect/growgroups/

Scripture
Scripture

January 21st, 2015, 2:44 am #24

There are some obvious differences between small groups and large assemblies.

One can wander through a large congregation, and it is likely that no one says "hello." The "shepherds" that Jesus describes as "good" know each sheep by name! Elders in large church are know to ask 20 year members if they are visitors. This may be the secret of successful ministers and elders, in that they never met a stranger.

Leaders of large congregations call this the lack of "connectivity." Most drop-outs from churches are related to connectivity. Also large churches may have a few very big classes, and people don't feel free to state their points of views, nor ask questions that they need answered. You will have greater divergence of opinions in small groups, but this gives you practice in "defending the faith" or at least re-investigating all your previous convictions. There are no elders riding herd over the small group, since each is free to express a view.

Small groups are more like the New Testament church, where each member is a intricate part of the larger body.

As congregations become bigger, cohesion is lost, and we are no longer "members one of another," as Paul referred.

Hierarchy arises is large congregations, with power at the top, and with dominance of just a few, then the will of the congregation is either not known or no leader cares.

The located preacher becomes a professional speaker, and there is little give and take with the congregation. The elders instruct the preacher, and he often become a "paid voice."

Small groups can benefit the church's growth, in that attendees don't feel threatened, nor are they run off by the manners of a large church. Believe it or not, the "meet and greet" or the "love feast" as Madison calls it, is listed as reason # 1 that visiting attendees are alienated.

If you were a lady attending a small group, you might also feel that your voice is heard at a more natural level, and you would not be overwhelmed by numerous layers of bureaucracy.

There is so much more that can be said.

Justly
Justly

January 21st, 2015, 4:35 am #25

Scripture, thanks for the info.

January 21st, 2015, 4:50 pm #26

There are many stages leading (eis) into salvation in the sense of Remission of Sins. If your sins have been remitted and you are saved you are SAFE from those who make a living out of calling the LOGOS a liar.

True: no one can come to God without a supernatural operation. John Calvin whom the theologians never read said:

1. God gave us the SCRIPTURES which are the product of the Spirit OF God.

2. And Jesus sent EVANGELISTS into all the world to teach the Word.

Next, those who gladly ACCEPT that word will by definition want to be baptized.

TEACHING is necessary for anyone to HEAR.
HEARING is necessary for for faith.
FAITH comes by hearing the WORD of God
BELIEVING is accepting the facts in the trusting sense where Pistis means to COMPLY
Repenting does not mean just from a sinful life but turning TOWARD God
Confessing is made a condition with the enuch and Cornelius.
Being baptized is said to SAVE us and the only way you can ask God to "wash away your sins."
The gift of A holy spirit is OUR spirits washed from sin.
Only THEN can you follow Jesus marked by teaching what HE commanded to be taught.

These are not just "steps" as the mockers mock but the only rational way that one can become a follower of Christ.

Justly
Justly

January 21st, 2015, 6:28 pm #27

</font>
I have been in Baptist Churches that call couples Sunday School classes "small groups". I'm not sure how Madison is using the term. Does Madison have couples Sunday School classes?

Scripture
Scripture

January 21st, 2015, 7:35 pm #28

Public schools try to limit class size to no more than 18, more or less. Attention to more than this is problematic. Madison's traditional large class sizes have let a lot of questions and attention fall through the cracks, with many Biblical and spiritual questions unanswered. One good thing about the current situation is that the class sizes may be coming down to earth. Celebrities bring crowds, but it is doubtful that they bring knowledge or depth.

Church of Christ Bible Study groups are what you call Sunday School. We can't call it "Sunday School" because we had a small segment break off and cause trouble because they said the Sunday School was an unauthorized institution taking the place of the church. Sound familiar? So the easy way was to call them Bible study (groups). We never used the term "groups." It was just "Bible Study" and go to "class."

Madison uses the term "grow groups" to encourage additions of new people to class. Thus there should be less lethargy. But they didn't appear to grow. Maybe this is the "orange" influence.

Right now, nobody at the Madison church knows if we are "orange" anymore, or if we have Bible study, or if there are "grow groups." So bring in the old tired leadership again, and let's recreate the climate that led to the decline that we now have.

Justly
Justly

January 22nd, 2015, 2:07 pm #29

Has Madison ever had mixed Bible study classes (men and women attend same class)?

January 22nd, 2015, 5:32 pm #30

Small Groups or Prayer Circles were part of the hostile takeover of many congregations. Lynn Anderson affirmed by Pepperdine, ACU and LU wrote "navigating the winds of change." He really mean "manipulating the winds of change." His Hope Network is a takeoff of the old Crossroads, Boston Church or the IOCC. Here is one of the best papers which I have reposted in part

http://www.piney.com/ChCircles.html

The Timothy Network was founded by an ex youth ministry and a deacon at North Boulevard Church.

http://www.piney.com/The.Timothy.Network.Text.html

David young has begun a church wide Extreme Discipleship Movement which intends to include about 35 percent of the members: these will be the spiritual elite.

http://www.piney.com/David.Young.Extrem ... Jesus.html

I have included some of Lynn Anderson and the Discipling Dilema. All of these collect personal information which may but probably not will be HACK FREE until someone gets angry with you. This is consistent with the neo-Catholic feminists in the "mainline universities"

http://www.piney.com/ErasmusDecl.html

When they hear these words and see common sailors and waggoners preferred to themselves what sort of looks do you think they'll give each other? But for the moment they're happy in their expectations, not without help from me.

And although they are segregated from civil life, no one can afford to belittle them, especially the Mendicants. who know all about everyone's secrets from the confessional, as they call it.

They know it's forbidden to publish these abroad, unless they happen to be drinking and want to be amused with entertaining stories, but then names are mentioned and the facts left open to conjecture.

But if anyone stirs up this hornets' nest they'll take swift revenge in their public sermons, pointing out their enemy by insinuations and allusions so artfully veiled that no one And you'll have to throw your sop to Cerberus before they'll make an end of barking.

My Echo: The DIRECT COMMANDMENT of Christ the Rock for the assembly of the godly to quarantine them from religious observations to which Jesus said the Kingdom will not come is to ASSEMBLE ONCE A WEEK as part of the REST to Have the WORD ONLY Read to them for instruction only. Anything beyond that singular part of the REST day is confessed to be based on the "worship" of the Civil-Military-Clergy whom Christ called robbers and parasites who had gained their DOMINANCE, according to Nehemiah, because of the sins of the people.

If you let a camel get his foot into your tent he will deficate on your bed--and charge you a fee.