Stephen Johnson ACU: Sectarian Instrumental Music ANTI SCHOOL

March 19th, 2015, 6:10 pm #41

Someone once said...."If you cannot read S.P.E.A.K without seeing S.A.N.G then just rejoice and make merry: you will never be able to confess"

That same someone said " Paul would understand the word MIZMOR rather than psalm. There are only 50 mizmors not dedicated to the LEVITE-ONLYs allowed to sing and make noise."

If you have to use a word(s) like MIZMOR to explain the already beautiful simple story of Jesus and the Love of God, then you will not have to worry about confession. You will not even get a chance to repent first

So feel really good inside about using those BIG words and that language which inspires only you....it should come in handy one day soon.
I just copy all of those big words out of the Bible or the use and definition of the words understood by Little Aaron who attended synagogue school beginning at about 5. I remember early in school learning how to define and spell big words: that's when I knew that I was predestined to be a student.

We have no Biblical evidence of any INSTRUMENTS being played when Jesus and others met in the COURT YARD far removed from any holy places. They assembled there because that is where they could preach the gospel. Secular history says that the Feast of Tabernacles was a music and talent show: Jesus refused to go to Jerusalem for these festivities. Not surprising, the musical festival was the time and place the clergy intended to capture Jesus and murder Him. That IS the only PATTERNISM of the use of music to make war.

Alan Morrrison notes:
R.P. Martin says in his interesting book on worship in the early church that the reading and exposition of the Scriptures is "an inheritance we have received, through the early church, from the worship of Judaism, and which makes the model Christian service a Word-of-God service".

From the outset, church worship was a "Word-of-God service". The truths of the Bible were at the heart of worship. And this was also true insofar as the singing of songs was concerned.

It was the synagogues that remained after AD.70, NOT the Temple! The original purpose of the synagogue was primarily for Scripture-reading and exposition of the passages read (Lk.4:16-22; Mt.13:54; Mk.1:21-22; Jn.6:59).

There was also prayer (Mt.6:5) and, although there is no specific mention in the literature of singing in the synagogue, it is considered most likely [??] "that those parts of the Liturgy which were connected with Temple worship, like the recitation of psalms...were sung"

So long as one's idea of worship is rooted in the Temple concept, one will crave "celebrations" and big displays. The charismatic style of worship naturally arises out of this false concept of the O.T. Temple.

However, the chief element in synagogue worship -- its central factor -- was not ceremonial or display but something which was of vital importance to the shaping of the subsequent life of the local churches upon which the synagogue was so influential.

That element was the reading and exposition of Scripture. Worship in the Early Church involved "Word-of-God" services. Ralph Martin very appropriately called the reading and exposition of Scripture "the centre of gravity of the synagogue's service, with the blessings and prayers gathered around it"

THAT is what Jesus attended each Sabbath and endorsed the standing up to READ and then decently sitting down. History knows that "that there was no praise service." That was by direct command in Numbers and common decency when you hold Bible class.

NO ONE uses "that which is written for our learning" in their "five songs consisting of a few sentimental poems quite often teaching false doctrine." From the invention of singing c 373 the Driving Purpose of promoting the church's DOGMA. The not very often sermons had the same purpose.

When the ekklesia (Church in rest from clergy) assembles that of Jesus after his resurrection and Paul were called SYNAGOGUES. Your "worship rituals" are pattern after the temple not commanded but devoted to the worship of the starry host.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on March 19th, 2015, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 19th, 2015, 7:15 pm #42

Regardless of anything else.....YOU SANG! You sang because is a tradition handed down by disciples of Christ. YOU SANG....to glorify God.

For you to NOW beat down those who do what you now say is deplorable (although you have never proven SINGING to be against the Word)....is pure and blatant HYPOCRISY.
I used to eat hot biscuits, bacon, eggs; hot biscuits buttered and swimming in sorghum. Hot pancakes slathered with butter and swimming in syrup. As a kid on the farm I ate Lard mixed with sugar, lard as icing, lard in cookies or pie crusts. Home grown jellies and jams or anything that didn't eat me first.

Now, a time came when I had to give them up or die. I wasn't a hypocrite but a FOOL because those things which seemed enjoyable were DESTROYING my body all along.

I could have saved my vocal cords, my hearing and my healthy nerves if there had been an APT elder who knew what the most ancients knew about musical sounds. If an APT elder as smart as a pre Christian Greek had been consulted, they would have known that music deranges the mind and induces all kinds of drugs like endorphins. The youth were excluded from the plays involving arousal styles of music (mostly tuned percussion) as well as from drinking wine. That included pregnant or likely to become pregnant women. It was left to modern medicine that women who were involved in wrath or ORGY meaning loud music could cause premature birth. Paul silenced the men and women so that she might be SAFE in childbirth.

This ASSAULT upon the lambs reached the tipping point when the New Style Praise singing was introduced to BRING YOU INTO THE PRESENCE OF a god. Plato and the Fuller lady, Carol Wimber confessed that it brought on a sexual-like climax.

Now, if a drunken drug addict stops their MADNESS and warns others about drugs (music induced), an APT elder would call him a hypocrite-not. APT elders were commanded to exclude cunning crafts or sophists: rhetoricians, singers and instrument players because as validated by most recorded history THEY ARE LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

March 19th, 2015, 9:12 pm #43

The new "c"hristian World View denies that God, Jesus or the inspired prophets and apostles had the ability to reveal the Mind of God in WORDS able to survive for about 2,000 years. So despising God and His Word is the meaning of BLASPHEMY for Latin literates.

Stephen Johnson teaches Bible at ACU and has the feminists 1voice4change INVERTING and therefore lying about all of the texts showing that women are uniquely prone to seeing their imagination as the inspiration of God: in all of the "proof texts" he-they do not grasp that the REASON that almost all men and all women must be silent in the PATTERNED assembly because they deny that "there is ONE GOD THE FATHER (teacher) and One MEDIATOR between man and God, the MAN Jesus Christ. He is the door through which conversation comes.

In the more recent history of biblical interpretation [outlawed 1 Peter], the relationship between the preacher
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and the word of God is understood in terms of the historical distance between the two.

Preachers are taught that to ARRIVE at the meaning of the text
.....they must first read the text
.....as historically located correspondence
.....wrapped in the cultural idioms of the ancient world and its situation.

In fact, one of the characteristic features of MODERN exegesis
.....is to assume the great distance
.....between the ancient world of the text
.....and the contemporary world in which one lives

The preacher must be EQUIPPED with considerable skill
.....in order to traverse the vast distance between these two worlds.

Arriving in the ancient world of biblical writers, the preacher must use the proper tools
.....in order to undertake the critical task of excavating the one true and original meaning of the text.

Upon mining this precious nugget of truth,
.....he preacher must then muster the determination to make it back to the contemporary world
.....with the precious cargo intact-a treacherous journey indeed

The horrible obstacle Stephen etal see is the BRAVEHEART soul with the courage to tell you that what Jesus taught has nothing to do with OUR culture.

Stephen and the progressives do not think that you can understand APOCALYPTIC when they extort hire for UNCOVERING the One True Church and its feminists-effeminate voice.

</font>
If one is a Disciple of Christ or Christian they cannot possibly want to impose THEIR preferences over others with a heavy hand.

Doubtful disputations in Romans 14 denies personal preferences which are the marks of the WEAK in THE FAITH and are prohibited because they do not edify or EDUCATE. A student of Engineering does not want nor is able to impose their preferences.

DCA
DCA

March 19th, 2015, 11:50 pm #44

I just copy all of those big words out of the Bible or the use and definition of the words understood by Little Aaron who attended synagogue school beginning at about 5. I remember early in school learning how to define and spell big words: that's when I knew that I was predestined to be a student.

We have no Biblical evidence of any INSTRUMENTS being played when Jesus and others met in the COURT YARD far removed from any holy places. They assembled there because that is where they could preach the gospel. Secular history says that the Feast of Tabernacles was a music and talent show: Jesus refused to go to Jerusalem for these festivities. Not surprising, the musical festival was the time and place the clergy intended to capture Jesus and murder Him. That IS the only PATTERNISM of the use of music to make war.

Alan Morrrison notes:
R.P. Martin says in his interesting book on worship in the early church that the reading and exposition of the Scriptures is "an inheritance we have received, through the early church, from the worship of Judaism, and which makes the model Christian service a Word-of-God service".

From the outset, church worship was a "Word-of-God service". The truths of the Bible were at the heart of worship. And this was also true insofar as the singing of songs was concerned.

It was the synagogues that remained after AD.70, NOT the Temple! The original purpose of the synagogue was primarily for Scripture-reading and exposition of the passages read (Lk.4:16-22; Mt.13:54; Mk.1:21-22; Jn.6:59).

There was also prayer (Mt.6:5) and, although there is no specific mention in the literature of singing in the synagogue, it is considered most likely [??] "that those parts of the Liturgy which were connected with Temple worship, like the recitation of psalms...were sung"

So long as one's idea of worship is rooted in the Temple concept, one will crave "celebrations" and big displays. The charismatic style of worship naturally arises out of this false concept of the O.T. Temple.

However, the chief element in synagogue worship -- its central factor -- was not ceremonial or display but something which was of vital importance to the shaping of the subsequent life of the local churches upon which the synagogue was so influential.

That element was the reading and exposition of Scripture. Worship in the Early Church involved "Word-of-God" services. Ralph Martin very appropriately called the reading and exposition of Scripture "the centre of gravity of the synagogue's service, with the blessings and prayers gathered around it"

THAT is what Jesus attended each Sabbath and endorsed the standing up to READ and then decently sitting down. History knows that "that there was no praise service." That was by direct command in Numbers and common decency when you hold Bible class.

NO ONE uses "that which is written for our learning" in their "five songs consisting of a few sentimental poems quite often teaching false doctrine." From the invention of singing c 373 the Driving Purpose of promoting the church's DOGMA. The not very often sermons had the same purpose.

When the ekklesia (Church in rest from clergy) assembles that of Jesus after his resurrection and Paul were called SYNAGOGUES. Your "worship rituals" are pattern after the temple not commanded but devoted to the worship of the starry host.

Ken, you said " I just copy all of those big words out of the Bible..."
In your English King James Version Bible, where do you find the big word of MIZMOR?
.....didn't think so.
Since the KJV is good, and no one except you reads the Hebrew Bible, then NO....those words don't come out of the Bible. That would be another fabrication from Ken Sublett's mind.

....and then you say that you were predestined to be a student? I gather that....but a student of whom, and more importantly...a student of what??? This should be a good answer.

So if my worship with the church, commanded from Hebrews 10:25 is from the starry host, then what is yours, given that your ekklesia comes from the couch and the computer?

DCA
DCA

March 20th, 2015, 12:50 am #45

If one is a Disciple of Christ or Christian they cannot possibly want to impose THEIR preferences over others with a heavy hand.

Doubtful disputations in Romans 14 denies personal preferences which are the marks of the WEAK in THE FAITH and are prohibited because they do not edify or EDUCATE. A student of Engineering does not want nor is able to impose their preferences.

It is called 'home field advantage.' If you get caught saying something that may be a bit hypocritical or fabricated, or it just doesn't sound like someone with common sense said it.....well, you can edit.

Well done!

March 20th, 2015, 1:36 am #46

Someone once said...."If you cannot read S.P.E.A.K without seeing S.A.N.G then just rejoice and make merry: you will never be able to confess"

That same someone said " Paul would understand the word MIZMOR rather than psalm. There are only 50 mizmors not dedicated to the LEVITE-ONLYs allowed to sing and make noise."

If you have to use a word(s) like MIZMOR to explain the already beautiful simple story of Jesus and the Love of God, then you will not have to worry about confession. You will not even get a chance to repent first

So feel really good inside about using those BIG words and that language which inspires only you....it should come in handy one day soon.
Wrong again: I have too much trouble getting up from the couch so I do Recliner. Go to bed 12-1; get up 8-9, have breakfast, do recliner 9-12, have lunch.

Psalm 150 is a praise song. Paul did not command praise songs. 76 are PRAISE SONG. These were "making self vile" with lots of twanging bowstrings in front of the enemy who knew that if they lost they would be raped, robbed and raped.

H1984 hâlal haw-lal' A primitive root; to be clear (originally of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence to make a show; to boast; and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave... feign self mad (against), give in marriage

H4210 mizmôr miz-more' From H2167 ; properly instrumental music; by implication a poem set to notes:—psalm.
LISTED HERE
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lex ... 4210&t=KJV

From h2167 Zamar but not used WITH an instrument unless named.

H2168 zâmar zaw-mar' A primitive root (compare H2167 , H5568 , H6785 ); to trim (a vine):—prune.

Delitzsch, Psalms: The word "psalm", which is derived from the Greek word psalmos, is a translation of the Hebrew term mizmor, which is the title standing at the head of fifty-seven of the psalms. Thus it is evident that not every psalm has the superscription "psalm". But it is this word which has come to be the designation of the whole book.

Thus we see that although the one hundred and fifty units are called in the Scriptures the Book of Psalms, only fifty-seven of them bear the superscription psalm (mizmor) in the Hebrew Old Testament. The title which the Book of Psalms bears in Hebrew is Sepher Tehillim - the Book of Praises. It is this Hebrew word tehillim.... In Hellenistic Greek the corresponding word psalmoi' (from psa'llein = zimeer) is the more common; the Psalm collection is called bi'blos psalmoo'n (Luke 20:42; Acts 1:20) or psaltee'rion, from the name of the instrument (psanteerîn in the Book of Daniel)

"The name of psaltery entered Christian literature in the 3rd century B.C. translation of the Old Testament called the Septuagint where, in the Psalms, nebel was translated psalterion. Thus, Nebuchadnezzar's idolatrous ensemble included the Aramic psantria. Notice, also, that the book of Psalms has also become known as the Psalter (or psalterium), from the hymns sung with this harp.

By predestination they call all of Scripture and God IGNORANT because neither in the synagogue or church was He "scholarly" enough to say "SING your songs WITH a harp"?

Job said of the organ players who were probably star worshippers

They take the timbrel and harp, and rejoice (make merry) at the sound of the organ. Jb.21:12
Therefore they say unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. Jb 21:14

SO, they take the timbrel and harp and rejoice to the sound of the organ! Jubal HANDLED the organ meaning without authority and in a sexual sense as Eve touched the "tree" rimes with tee hee hee.

The sexual context of the organ is well documented throughout history:

"Women and girls from the different ranks of society were proud to enter the service of the gods as singers and musicians. The understanding of this service was universal: these singers constituted the 'harem of the gods'." (Quasten)

RECORDED: if a male did that he was "drunk, perverted or just mocking or having fun." And everyone wants their own HAREM of their gods to bring on a sexual-like climax. From the lady who helped bring on lectio-divina the pervue of the witches or Hag of Thessalia.

http://www.piney.com/VineyardIntimacy.html

Everyone wants a worship minister: everyone giggles about the Androgynous Worship leader: everyone wants a worship leader. Sorry: there is no known exception and so Jesus does not even pray for the ECUMENICALS. Isn't that the most amazingly, awesome, exactly mysterous never to be detected?

March 20th, 2015, 1:44 am #47

It is called 'home field advantage.' If you get caught saying something that may be a bit hypocritical or fabricated, or it just doesn't sound like someone with common sense said it.....well, you can edit.

Well done!

The primary definition of a hypocrite is a speaker or one who gives answer. It includes gestures, clapping (brings his own Claque) or singers.

I was a hypocrite along with the "evangelist" when I used to sing "lord send me."

1 There is much to do, there's work on ev'ry hand,
Hark! The cry for help comes ringing through the land;
Jesus calls for reapers, I must active be,
What wilt Thou, O Master? Here am I, send me.

Refrain:
Here am I,
(Here am I, send me, Lord, send me)
Lord, Send me;
Here am I,
Ready at Thy bidding, Lord, send me.

2 There's a plaintive cry of mourning souls distressed,
And the cry of hearts who seek but find no rest;
These should have my love and tender sympathy,
Ready at Thy bidding, Here am I, send me. [Refrain]

3 There are hung'ring souls who cry aloud for bread,
With the bread of life they're longing to be fed;
Shall they starve and famish while a feast is free?
I must be more faithful, Here am I, send me. [Refrain]

4 There are souls who linger on the brink of woe,
Lord, I must not, cannot bear to let them go;
Let me go and tell them, "Brother, turn and flee,"
Master, I would save them, Here am I send me. [Refrain]

Here is a typical Brain Wash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbSE_aq7naU

March 20th, 2015, 7:58 pm #48

The new "c"hristian World View denies that God, Jesus or the inspired prophets and apostles had the ability to reveal the Mind of God in WORDS able to survive for about 2,000 years. So despising God and His Word is the meaning of BLASPHEMY for Latin literates.

Stephen Johnson teaches Bible at ACU and has the feminists 1voice4change INVERTING and therefore lying about all of the texts showing that women are uniquely prone to seeing their imagination as the inspiration of God: in all of the "proof texts" he-they do not grasp that the REASON that almost all men and all women must be silent in the PATTERNED assembly because they deny that "there is ONE GOD THE FATHER (teacher) and One MEDIATOR between man and God, the MAN Jesus Christ. He is the door through which conversation comes.

In the more recent history of biblical interpretation [outlawed 1 Peter], the relationship between the preacher
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and the word of God is understood in terms of the historical distance between the two.

Preachers are taught that to ARRIVE at the meaning of the text
.....they must first read the text
.....as historically located correspondence
.....wrapped in the cultural idioms of the ancient world and its situation.

In fact, one of the characteristic features of MODERN exegesis
.....is to assume the great distance
.....between the ancient world of the text
.....and the contemporary world in which one lives

The preacher must be EQUIPPED with considerable skill
.....in order to traverse the vast distance between these two worlds.

Arriving in the ancient world of biblical writers, the preacher must use the proper tools
.....in order to undertake the critical task of excavating the one true and original meaning of the text.

Upon mining this precious nugget of truth,
.....he preacher must then muster the determination to make it back to the contemporary world
.....with the precious cargo intact-a treacherous journey indeed

The horrible obstacle Stephen etal see is the BRAVEHEART soul with the courage to tell you that what Jesus taught has nothing to do with OUR culture.

Stephen and the progressives do not think that you can understand APOCALYPTIC when they extort hire for UNCOVERING the One True Church and its feminists-effeminate voice.

</font>
ALL of the "proof texts" demanding instrumental music as COMMANDED is available in the book published by O.E.Payne and the Standard Publishing Company. It was used by a "pseudo" Commission on Unity and sent to preachers as part of the "infiltrate and divert" after the NACC because a sectarian division of the Disciples of Christ. The evidence is that Payne collected most of the historic texts using forms of "psallo" from an earlier writer but I don't have it. The use of Psallo was used first in 1878 by the Disciples of Christ as the "Christians" were deserting what became a full denomination in about 1906.

Tom Burges published a partial list but "psallo" never in recorded history meant more than PLUCK or SMITE something with your fingers but NEVER with a plektron or guitar pick. Psallo cannot authorize wind or percussion instruments and so doing so violates the LAW first defined in 1986.

Plutarch on Pericles is listed by both Payne, Burgess and all of the musical sowers of discord. Pericles is quoted from the definition of the SCHOOL and their example USES Alexander the Great trying to seduce a young male whose hairs had been PLUCKED. That is why Paul's command was to keep the ODE and PSALLO in the heart where it cannot be heard. In the heart is a place opposite to in the flesh.

<font face="arial" size="4">As the MARK, Payne concludes:

What reader can doubt that instrumental music is Scriptural? For who ever heard of "singing with a master touch"?--an expression which perfectly describes skillful playing.

It is to accuse God and all historic scholarship of ignorance foro not saying "sing and play instruments IN the assembly."

If Plutarch is authority to play skillfully he proves that the father reproaches Alexander for playing so skillfully." It is true that psallo is sometimes translated "sing" but Paul used both ODE and PSALLO for the assembly. As Psallo is derived from Apollo (Apollyon) shooting forth singing arrows and shooting forth "love arrows using his lyre" like Alexander, the concept of "shooting forth hymns" is in the literature but the method is DICTO meaning to SPEAK.
</font>

DCA
DCA

March 21st, 2015, 1:36 am #49

Someone once said "A student of Engineering does not want nor is able to impose their preferences."

Huh??? Ken, that is blatantly and categorically what you have done for >10 years with piney and concernedmembers. You do NOT speak that which is written. You take the Word of God and impose YOUR preferences and opinions on these Scriptures. I thought that only Obama could state such a farce and think people are so gullible. Obviously, he is not.

Man, you have some gall.

March 21st, 2015, 2:09 pm #50

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

There is a colossal difference between exposing and imposing: you know it.

Exposing false teachings is freedom of the press. The ConcernedMembers forum does that. It does not impose anything -- period. It does not have "preferences," either, as it endeavors to "speak where the Bible speaks."

Now, it is the reader who opts to take it or leave it. Or ... REFUTE.

You mentioned Obama. Why don't you liken him to the change agents operating in the brotherhood who are trying to restructure and denominationalize the church--divert and divide?[/color]