Just Layman
Just Layman

March 18th, 2015, 1:12 am #31

1000 attendance. Six elders. Hmmmm?
1 Timothy Chapter 5

17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer [is] worthy of his reward.

19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

March 18th, 2015, 4:52 am #32

Donnie said:

Just,

A good compilation of the men and women used by God! It is impressive. How long did it take you to come up with that list? Or, do you have a source or link we can easily access?

I'm not trying to fool anyone. It is a good article! I was just a layperson looking for an encouraging message https://sermons.logos.com/submissions/1 ... ons/120221

Welcome to Sermons.Logos.com, an online Christian community built around user created sermons and illustrations. Whether you’re a pastor doing sermon research, a layperson looking for an encouraging message, or a small group leader looking for a great illustration to open your discussion, Sermons.Logos.com has what you need.

At Sermons.Logos.com you can:

Search the sermon and illustration database by scripture reference, keyword, and even contributor’s name.
Create an account to upload and manage your own sermons and illustrations.
Submit ratings for sermons and illustrations.
Generate links to sermons and illustrations you like.
Subscribe to your favorite contributors' sermon RSS feeds.
Add contributors you enjoy to your favorites list.
Send messages to other contributors.
What are you waiting for? Get started today!
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

Thanks for the link to "God Used Them Anyway."[/color]

March 18th, 2015, 5:09 am #33

1000 attendance. Six elders. Hmmmm?
"1000 attendance. Six elders. Hmmmm?"

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I see 5 pictures: http://www.madisonchurchtn.org/our-shepherds/ Has the 6th elder resigned?

Six may be a proportionate number, since there were 15 when attendance was 3000 some 15 years ago.

I know, I know, Dave, that "recovery" may no longer be applicable for the missing 2,000.[/color]

March 18th, 2015, 6:31 am #34

Someone once asked "WHO gets the right to IMPOSE new traditions which violates the message of the Word or Logos: opposite sermonizing, singing, playing instruments, acting or personal experiences or jokes?"

Since there isn't any violating the Word of Logos with opposite sermonizing, that would constitute a fabrication by Someone (might even call it a tall tale). Since singing was done by Jesus, that isn't a problem. Playing instruments isn't condemned by Scriptures and the only problem with using skits to tell a Biblical story is that SOMEONE is too old and set in their ways to accept it. Skits can be from Scriptural stories, and since SOMEONE doesn't attend with a church they wouldn't know the content therein and thereof of any such skits, except from secondhand. Lastly, SOMEONE (will not mention any names but his initials are Ken Sublett) tells jokes all the time here at concerned members....so that would make someone a hypocrite since they condemn such.

Save him Donnie......Take up for him.....again.

Ken, you never answered me from a while back....when you WERE attending church, did you EVER sing a song?
[color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" (Ephesians 5:19).[/color]
SPEAKING:
<blockquote>TO WHOM ----- to yourselves
WHAT -------- psalms and hymns and spiritual songs
</blockquote>
SINGING <font size="4" face="courier">(and making melody):
</font><blockquote>TO WHOM ----- to the Lord
HOW/WHERE --- in your heart
</blockquote>

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Catholic Bible translation is correct occasionally [ ]:

"And a hymn being said, they went out unto mount Olivet" (Matt. 26:30, Douay-Rheims Bible).

"And when they had said an hymn, they went forth to the mount of Olives" (Mark 14:26, Douay-Rheims Bible).[/color]

DCA
DCA

March 18th, 2015, 7:51 pm #35

Using the "on a desert Island Parable" of the instrumentalists, we suggest that on a desert Island no one could read the whole Bible and fail to notice that there are two major divisions or RACES of humanity. Those OF the World or the ecumenical as the dominant, oppressive race needing to be the Alpha Male. While they are stealing tithes and offerings to satisfy a blood and flesh lust, God provides shelter during the storm (umbrellicum in Isaiah) as a place to REST. Rest in Hebrew, Latin or Greek is that one out of seven days to "do your own pleasure" and rest to allow the body and mind to repair itself. The REST day used for refreshing or regenerating the spirit was the day for SCHOOL. God teaches and the only flow of information is from Him to His creatures. All of the speaking, singing, playing or acting claimed to speak TO god and even inform Him..

Is. 40:9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
Is. 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm [messiah]shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
Is. 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Is. 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
Is. 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit OF the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?
Is. 40:14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

God provides ALL of the FOOD and He is the TEACHER: the shepherd does not force the lambs to feed him unless he is a WOLF. A shepherd does not "upset the lamb's comfort zones" in order to force NEW TRADITIONS such as eating other lambs down their throat. IF you are part of an organization pleading for money to hire people to force you to do THEIR PLEASURE on your rest day and anything beyond being a SCHOOL where disciples go to be STUDENTS ONLY then you ARE part of a cult and you are probably too intimidated to be deprogrammed and 'come REST with Jesus': He wouldn't cut off and roast your left leg.

This is a CERTITUDE: a DOGMATIC statement:

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory:
but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true,
and no unrighteousness is in him.
John 8:50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

Lambs do not go to the pastures to watch the shepherd exercise all of his motor, vocal and musical skills.

Paul's PATTERN to Timothy was that he WORK so that he could sponsor the agape or feeding the poor breakfast on their way seeking a day's wage. A minister is a SERVANT: if he is Senior Pastor consigning the Deacons to do the work then he is called PARASITE in all historic religionism.
Hey Donnie....Paul SAID a hymn also, instead of SINGING....right?

No.
No today.
No tomorrow.

Paul SANG and so did Jesus

Donnie, it is amazing how you can slam the Catholics when you need to, but when you need to use their Scriptural translation to prove your point.....well then.....that's ok.

That is ALSO hypocritical.

March 18th, 2015, 9:14 pm #36

The new "c"hristian World View denies that God, Jesus or the inspired prophets and apostles had the ability to reveal the Mind of God in WORDS able to survive for about 2,000 years. So despising God and His Word is the meaning of BLASPHEMY for Latin literates.

Stephen Johnson teaches Bible at ACU and has the feminists 1voice4change INVERTING and therefore lying about all of the texts showing that women are uniquely prone to seeing their imagination as the inspiration of God: in all of the "proof texts" he-they do not grasp that the REASON that almost all men and all women must be silent in the PATTERNED assembly because they deny that "there is ONE GOD THE FATHER (teacher) and One MEDIATOR between man and God, the MAN Jesus Christ. He is the door through which conversation comes.

In the more recent history of biblical interpretation [outlawed 1 Peter], the relationship between the preacher
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and the word of God is understood in terms of the historical distance between the two.

Preachers are taught that to ARRIVE at the meaning of the text
.....they must first read the text
.....as historically located correspondence
.....wrapped in the cultural idioms of the ancient world and its situation.

In fact, one of the characteristic features of MODERN exegesis
.....is to assume the great distance
.....between the ancient world of the text
.....and the contemporary world in which one lives

The preacher must be EQUIPPED with considerable skill
.....in order to traverse the vast distance between these two worlds.

Arriving in the ancient world of biblical writers, the preacher must use the proper tools
.....in order to undertake the critical task of excavating the one true and original meaning of the text.

Upon mining this precious nugget of truth,
.....he preacher must then muster the determination to make it back to the contemporary world
.....with the precious cargo intact-a treacherous journey indeed

The horrible obstacle Stephen etal see is the BRAVEHEART soul with the courage to tell you that what Jesus taught has nothing to do with OUR culture.

Stephen and the progressives do not think that you can understand APOCALYPTIC when they extort hire for UNCOVERING the One True Church and its feminists-effeminate voice.

</font>
I can understand the utter terrorism of ritual worshiper afraid of the SCHOOL. So far I know of only two people who know and can CONFESS that Paul and everyone commanded that we SPEAK the inspired text. Paul would understand the word MIZMOR rather than psalm. There are only 50 mizmors not dedicated to the LEVITE-ONLYs allowed to sing and make noise. None of these have an instrumental content and the Jews considered only 1/3 of the BOOK of psalms as suitable for use: that makes 50.

They are also terrorized by Enoch who defined the fall beyond redemption caused by mixed-sex choirs and instrument players: this led to homosexual relations even among family members. Paul tells the same story in Romans 1 which was repeated at Mount Sinai. Male "gods" nor their worshipers sang and played instruments one to another. For heaven's sake, there is no recorded history which does not MARK music as the "lusted after fruits" serving the Babylon Mother of Harlots.

If you cannot read S.P.E.A.K without seeing S.A.N.G then just rejoice and make merry: you will never be able to confess.

If you read O.D.E. and P.S.A.L.L.O IN the heart which means that I cannot hear your worship IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH, then you are OF the World, Kosmos or the ECUMENICAL because you cannot fit a piano or organ through the "camel's eye"

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for MANY, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able

Besides, this is all ropa dopa because NO ONE intends to SANG that which is written for our learning. NO ONE YOU KNOW.

March 18th, 2015, 9:35 pm #37

Someone once asked "WHO gets the right to IMPOSE new traditions which violates the message of the Word or Logos: opposite sermonizing, singing, playing instruments, acting or personal experiences or jokes?"

Since there isn't any violating the Word of Logos with opposite sermonizing, that would constitute a fabrication by Someone (might even call it a tall tale). Since singing was done by Jesus, that isn't a problem. Playing instruments isn't condemned by Scriptures and the only problem with using skits to tell a Biblical story is that SOMEONE is too old and set in their ways to accept it. Skits can be from Scriptural stories, and since SOMEONE doesn't attend with a church they wouldn't know the content therein and thereof of any such skits, except from secondhand. Lastly, SOMEONE (will not mention any names but his initials are Ken Sublett) tells jokes all the time here at concerned members....so that would make someone a hypocrite since they condemn such.

Save him Donnie......Take up for him.....again.

Ken, you never answered me from a while back....when you WERE attending church, did you EVER sing a song?
Yep! destroyed my vocal cords trying to keep up with the gitty-up-go.

Yep! had my hearing destroyed by decibel poisoning.

Yep! when the locals gave the song books to a denomination and bought the new Howards (aka Vineyard) song book and begain Praize-sanging I lost my emotional health. The ugly 1000th cut was "wurshuping the further, wurshuping Je-Zeus and wurshuping the Huly Spurit.

There is no recorded history which does not prove that most musical sounds especially repeated repeated with or without instruments deranges or dissociates your mind so that lies can be poured into the female hemisphere without you knowing it. The Jubilee etal driven purpose was to do a drum beat of anti churches of Christ to dissociate your mind or drive you into a state unable to resist the NEW PARADIGMS which lie.

<font face="arial" size="4">
Pindar, Nemean Odes 7. [20] And I expect that the story of Odysseus came to exceed his experiences, through the sweet songs of Homer, [22] since there is a certain solemnity in his lies and winged artfulness, and poetic skill deceives, seducing us with stories, and the heart of the mass of men is blind. For if For if [25] they had been able to see the truth, then mighty Aias, in anger over the arms, would never have planted in his chest the smooth sword--Aias, who was the most powerful in battle, except for Achilles, and whom the breath of the unswerving Zephyr conveyed in swift ships, to bring back the wife of golden-haired Menelaus [30] from the city of Ilus. But the wave of Hades breaks over all alike; it falls on the man who does not expect it, and on the one who does. There is honor for those whose fame a god causes to grow luxuriant when they are dead. Neoptolemus came to help,3 to the great navel of the broad-bosomed earth. And he lies beneath the Pythian soil, par-agô ,

Your turn: find something good accomplished by music..
</font>

March 18th, 2015, 9:48 pm #38

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

Thanks for the link to "God Used Them Anyway."[/color]
I wish he had added Judas. The Judas bag was for carrying the mouthpieces of wind instruments. It was always attached to a flute case. This fulfills the prophecy of Psalm 41 where the "familiar friend" would not triump over Jesus meaning the "vocal or instrumental noise" outlawed for the synagogue in the wilderness.

He also uses the Muses (Locusts) or Apollon's worship team to SEPARATE the grain from the chaff to be gathered and cast into the fire.

DCA
DCA

March 19th, 2015, 2:13 pm #39

I can understand the utter terrorism of ritual worshiper afraid of the SCHOOL. So far I know of only two people who know and can CONFESS that Paul and everyone commanded that we SPEAK the inspired text. Paul would understand the word MIZMOR rather than psalm. There are only 50 mizmors not dedicated to the LEVITE-ONLYs allowed to sing and make noise. None of these have an instrumental content and the Jews considered only 1/3 of the BOOK of psalms as suitable for use: that makes 50.

They are also terrorized by Enoch who defined the fall beyond redemption caused by mixed-sex choirs and instrument players: this led to homosexual relations even among family members. Paul tells the same story in Romans 1 which was repeated at Mount Sinai. Male "gods" nor their worshipers sang and played instruments one to another. For heaven's sake, there is no recorded history which does not MARK music as the "lusted after fruits" serving the Babylon Mother of Harlots.

If you cannot read S.P.E.A.K without seeing S.A.N.G then just rejoice and make merry: you will never be able to confess.

If you read O.D.E. and P.S.A.L.L.O IN the heart which means that I cannot hear your worship IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH, then you are OF the World, Kosmos or the ECUMENICAL because you cannot fit a piano or organ through the "camel's eye"

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for MANY, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able

Besides, this is all ropa dopa because NO ONE intends to SANG that which is written for our learning. NO ONE YOU KNOW.

Someone once said...."If you cannot read S.P.E.A.K without seeing S.A.N.G then just rejoice and make merry: you will never be able to confess"

That same someone said " Paul would understand the word MIZMOR rather than psalm. There are only 50 mizmors not dedicated to the LEVITE-ONLYs allowed to sing and make noise."

If you have to use a word(s) like MIZMOR to explain the already beautiful simple story of Jesus and the Love of God, then you will not have to worry about confession. You will not even get a chance to repent first

So feel really good inside about using those BIG words and that language which inspires only you....it should come in handy one day soon.

DCA
DCA

March 19th, 2015, 2:42 pm #40

Yep! destroyed my vocal cords trying to keep up with the gitty-up-go.

Yep! had my hearing destroyed by decibel poisoning.

Yep! when the locals gave the song books to a denomination and bought the new Howards (aka Vineyard) song book and begain Praize-sanging I lost my emotional health. The ugly 1000th cut was "wurshuping the further, wurshuping Je-Zeus and wurshuping the Huly Spurit.

There is no recorded history which does not prove that most musical sounds especially repeated repeated with or without instruments deranges or dissociates your mind so that lies can be poured into the female hemisphere without you knowing it. The Jubilee etal driven purpose was to do a drum beat of anti churches of Christ to dissociate your mind or drive you into a state unable to resist the NEW PARADIGMS which lie.

<font face="arial" size="4">
Pindar, Nemean Odes 7. [20] And I expect that the story of Odysseus came to exceed his experiences, through the sweet songs of Homer, [22] since there is a certain solemnity in his lies and winged artfulness, and poetic skill deceives, seducing us with stories, and the heart of the mass of men is blind. For if For if [25] they had been able to see the truth, then mighty Aias, in anger over the arms, would never have planted in his chest the smooth sword--Aias, who was the most powerful in battle, except for Achilles, and whom the breath of the unswerving Zephyr conveyed in swift ships, to bring back the wife of golden-haired Menelaus [30] from the city of Ilus. But the wave of Hades breaks over all alike; it falls on the man who does not expect it, and on the one who does. There is honor for those whose fame a god causes to grow luxuriant when they are dead. Neoptolemus came to help,3 to the great navel of the broad-bosomed earth. And he lies beneath the Pythian soil, par-agô ,

Your turn: find something good accomplished by music..
</font>
Regardless of anything else.....YOU SANG! You sang because is a tradition handed down by disciples of Christ. YOU SANG....to glorify God.

For you to NOW beat down those who do what you now say is deplorable (although you have never proven SINGING to be against the Word)....is pure and blatant HYPOCRISY.