March 14th, 2015, 7:31 pm #11

Matt. 26:40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
Mark 14:37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?

March 15th, 2015, 6:07 pm #12

The new "c"hristian World View denies that God, Jesus or the inspired prophets and apostles had the ability to reveal the Mind of God in WORDS able to survive for about 2,000 years. So despising God and His Word is the meaning of BLASPHEMY for Latin literates.

Stephen Johnson teaches Bible at ACU and has the feminists 1voice4change INVERTING and therefore lying about all of the texts showing that women are uniquely prone to seeing their imagination as the inspiration of God: in all of the "proof texts" he-they do not grasp that the REASON that almost all men and all women must be silent in the PATTERNED assembly because they deny that "there is ONE GOD THE FATHER (teacher) and One MEDIATOR between man and God, the MAN Jesus Christ. He is the door through which conversation comes.

In the more recent history of biblical interpretation [outlawed 1 Peter], the relationship between the preacher
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and the word of God is understood in terms of the historical distance between the two.

Preachers are taught that to ARRIVE at the meaning of the text
.....they must first read the text
.....as historically located correspondence
.....wrapped in the cultural idioms of the ancient world and its situation.

In fact, one of the characteristic features of MODERN exegesis
.....is to assume the great distance
.....between the ancient world of the text
.....and the contemporary world in which one lives

The preacher must be EQUIPPED with considerable skill
.....in order to traverse the vast distance between these two worlds.

Arriving in the ancient world of biblical writers, the preacher must use the proper tools
.....in order to undertake the critical task of excavating the one true and original meaning of the text.

Upon mining this precious nugget of truth,
.....he preacher must then muster the determination to make it back to the contemporary world
.....with the precious cargo intact-a treacherous journey indeed

The horrible obstacle Stephen etal see is the BRAVEHEART soul with the courage to tell you that what Jesus taught has nothing to do with OUR culture.

Stephen and the progressives do not think that you can understand APOCALYPTIC when they extort hire for UNCOVERING the One True Church and its feminists-effeminate voice.

</font>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]... and Nudity.

There is NOTHING from the New Testament that the change agents operating in the brotherhood to infiltrate, destroy and divide the New Testament church can offer.

What King David did had nothing to do with a congregational assembly. Whatever he did was personal, i.e., including his nudity and dancing, whether or not he considered his "services" worship, worshipful or acceptable to God.

Read and study the following few passages that deal not with "Acts of the Apostles" of the Christian era, but with "Acts of King David" under the Mosaic regime:
[/color]
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And it came to pass as they came, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of musick.[/color] (I Samuel 18:6)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.[/color] (I Chron. 15:16)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times][4] [Ye] That lie upon beds of ivory, and stretch themselves upon their couches, and eat the lambs out of the flock, and the calves out of the midst of the stall;
    [5] That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of musick, like David;
    [6] That drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments:
    [/color] (Amos 6)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And the servants of Achish said unto him, Is not this David the king of the land? did they not sing one to another of him in dances, saying, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands?[/color] (I Sam. 21:11)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Is not this David, of whom they sang one to another in dances, saying, Saul slew his thousands, and David his ten thousands?[/color] (I Sam. 29:5)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.[/color] (II Sam. 6:14)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.[/color] (II Sam. 6:16)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.[/color] (II Sam. 6:17)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself![/color] (II Sam. 6:20)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]And it came to pass, as the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.[/color] (I Chron. 15:29)</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Facts about David of the old Mosaic regime:

-- An inventor of musical instruments,
-- A musical lover,
-- His practices were personal;
-- His practices had nothing to do with the assembly of saints;
-- His dealings with the Levites...
-- The ark of the covenant,
-- His dancing prowess/skills--"danced before the Lord";
-- His nudity "in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants"
-- His offer of burnt offerings and peace offerings...

The above is self-explanatory.

Beware!!! The progressive and liberal change agents will pick and choose which of David's practices and skills are applicable to New Testament Christianity!!!

Prepare ye! It may be "dancing before the Lord" next, if not already. But, of course, NOT "burnt offerings."[/color]

March 15th, 2015, 6:22 pm #13

The new "c"hristian World View denies that God, Jesus or the inspired prophets and apostles had the ability to reveal the Mind of God in WORDS able to survive for about 2,000 years. So despising God and His Word is the meaning of BLASPHEMY for Latin literates.

Stephen Johnson teaches Bible at ACU and has the feminists 1voice4change INVERTING and therefore lying about all of the texts showing that women are uniquely prone to seeing their imagination as the inspiration of God: in all of the "proof texts" he-they do not grasp that the REASON that almost all men and all women must be silent in the PATTERNED assembly because they deny that "there is ONE GOD THE FATHER (teacher) and One MEDIATOR between man and God, the MAN Jesus Christ. He is the door through which conversation comes.

In the more recent history of biblical interpretation [outlawed 1 Peter], the relationship between the preacher
and the word of God is understood in terms of the historical distance between the two.

Arriving in the ancient world of biblical writers, the preacher must use the proper tools
.....in order to undertake the critical task of excavating the one true and original meaning of the text.

.....he preacher must then muster the determination to make it back to the contemporary world

The horrible obstacle Stephen etal see is the BRAVEHEART soul with the courage to tell you that what Jesus taught has nothing to do with OUR culture.

Stephen and the progressives do not think that you can understand APOCALYPTIC when they extort hire for UNCOVERING the One True Church and its feminists-effeminate voice.

</font>
If David had all of the advanced degrees from any university or from a "school of preaching" he would leave with all of the topics collected in a long list of proof texts out of context. All of the progressives quote out of context and none give a hoot about, for instance, what the Spirit OF Christ wrote in prophets such as Isaiah.

Isaiah 42:10 ESVSing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the end of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that fills it, the coastlands and their inhabitants.

However, the very rare disciple will at least begin with verse one where we know exactly what Jesus WILL NOT DO: When He called the assembly (synagogue) it was always in a quiet, private place. When he preached He WENT OUT.

<font face="arial" size="4">Next, I will quote some Isaiah 42 to show that the SINGING or loud assemblies are MARKS that God is destroying His Enemies with the sounds of wind, string and percussion instruments. If you care you will notice the use of parallelism which REFUTES calling the tithers and offerers into for loud singing of that which violates the command for "that which is written for our learning.

Isaiah 42:10 ESVSing to the Lord a NEW song,
FOR THE PURPOSE: his praise from the END of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that fills it, the coastlands and their inhabitants.

Better not be in a padded pew!!

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on March 15th, 2015, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just
Just

March 15th, 2015, 8:03 pm #14

</font>
GOD Used Them Anyway!

· Moses stuttered.

· David's armor didn't fit.

· John Mark was rejected by Paul.

· Timothy had ulcers.

· Hosea's wife was a prostitute.

· Amos' only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.

· Jacob was a pathological liar.

· David had an affair.

· Solomon was too rich.

· Abraham was too old.

· David was too young.

· Peter was afraid of death.

· Lazarus was dead.

· John was self-righteous.

· Naomi was a widow.

· Paul was a murderer.

· So was Moses.

· Jonah ran from God.

· Miriam was a gossip.

· Gideon and Thomas both doubted.

· Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.

· Elijah was burned out.

· John the Baptist was a loudmouth.

· Martha was a worry-wart.

· Mary was lazy.

· Samson had long hair.

· Noah got drunk.

· Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse?

· So did Peter, Paul--well, lots of folks did.

March 15th, 2015, 11:25 pm #15

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

A good compilation of the men and women used by God! It is impressive. How long did it take you to come up with that list? Or, do you have a source or link we can easily access?

Thing is: While God used these individuals, what would God say about being a prostitute, a murderer, a drunkard, a pathological liar, etc., or even running from God -- their ACTIVITIES?

Or, would God say what you said, "Get over it"?

Do you know what happened to a well-known congregation whose elders said, "Get over it; we must move on [with our plans to to impose changes that the majority disagreed with]"? Members of that congregation left in droves!!! And now that congregation is far from recovering.[/color]

Just
Just

March 15th, 2015, 11:39 pm #16

Donnie, Churches split, people change, people get old, customs change. The word of God remains the same. Good grief, find a Church you can agree with and move on. Life is short, make the best of it by having a positive walk with the lord and love the Church.

Goodnight

March 15th, 2015, 11:50 pm #17

But, God used Levite Musicians as exorcists when He abandoned the Civil-Military-Clergy to the worship of the starry host including Abaddon or Apollon. Why would the Massed Multitudes (ecumenical) USE musical worship leaders? In the bible and recorded history it was to "make the lambs dumb before the slaughter." It certainly works, doesn't it?

Miriam prophesied with instruments: the word means soothsaying or sorcery. So God ABUSED Miriam by slapping her with a dose of leprosy for claiming what the Feminists Ruling Over universities claim: hearing God in all of the monkish places.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on March 15th, 2015, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just
Just

March 16th, 2015, 12:00 am #18

Ken, remember what Sunday is for? Your pattern is rest and sports on TV.

Goodnight Ken

March 16th, 2015, 12:21 am #19

Donnie, Churches split, people change, people get old, customs change. The word of God remains the same. Good grief, find a Church you can agree with and move on. Life is short, make the best of it by having a positive walk with the lord and love the Church.

Goodnight
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

You are correct -- the word of God remains the same. It should never change or be changed.

And cultural changes and the aging process are not the issue. You are correct again, and I agree.

However, the issue arises when cultural and custom changes result in God's word being altered by man. For example, where the truth is that baptism (being buried with Christ) is essential to salvation ... and someone alters God's truth by saying, "No, baptism is not essential and it's done only after one has been saved" -- that is unquestionably changing God's truth.[/color]

March 16th, 2015, 12:38 am #20

Ken, remember what Sunday is for? Your pattern is rest and sports on TV.

Goodnight Ken
There never was a WORSHIP day for the godly Jews or Christians. Sabbath and Paul mean REST: Remember that Jesus came to give us REST. You as an elder are dedicated to making the "lambs" pay for the most stressful, works-intensive day of the week. WORK outlawed "sending our ministers of God." The pattern was to stay put and listen to the Word PREACHED by being READ for comfort and doctrine.

If the LORD is the Shepherd (leads to feed only)

Psa. 23:0 A Psalm of David.
Psa. 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd [refectionis educavit me “in his (scholis) educatur orator,]:; I shall not want.
Psa. 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Still Waters are rcon-sōlor refreshment, refection, recreation, recovery (cf.: “relaxatio, remissio):
Psa. 23:3 He restoreth my soul con-verto he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Psa. 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort [con-sōlor] me.
Psa. 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa. 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psa. 24:0 ¶ A Psalm of David.
Psa. 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psa. 24:2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Psa. 24:3 ¶ Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
Psa. 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity [fictum (opp. vera) “oratio], nor sworn deceitfully.
Psa. 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

How much FOOD do you feed the lambs while you lead them beside RUSHING waters.